Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2001 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
22. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 30, 2016, 02:58 El Pit

Ravor wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 01:53:
I'd assume they are releasing free weekends as a "Fuck You" to all the haters. Good for them, because honestly.. fuck you

If you don't like it, don't buy it and move on.

But the only Fuck You that would work would be releasing the complete game, or, as it is now, games. Or episodes and the MMO. Or whatever it will turn into during the next few years. Or the next decade. Or century.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 29, 2016, 15:37 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 10:24:
When is it ever enough for the psychopaths of Wall St.?

There is no "enough". Human greed knows no limits. And our economy in the western and a lot of the eastern world are based on the principle of unlimited, neverending profit growth. Everybody with half a working brain knows how stupid this idea is, but we are so entangled in this system we have invented that we cannot find a way out. Of course, there are MANY ways out but those would include some kind of waiver, and the very moment this becomes clear everybody will go "no - then it is not the right solution" because greed always Trumps waiver (and reason).

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2016, 15:00 El Pit

|RaptoR| wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 13:50:
Hey Blue, you have an advertisement that makes browsing your site on an iPhone impossible. About 3 seconds after hitting your front page, it pops up a dialogue and then immediately redirects to some shady looking page:

http://i.imgur.com/I8X3dm0.png

When I browse this site on my android, I get something similar, too, from time to time. I get some window popping up, too, or get automatically transferred to another ad infested site. It's sad but there is no trustworthy online ad partner. Not a single one. They all pull something like this off from time to time.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2016, 14:55 El Pit

Have some gum, Duke! I don't want you to kick my ass. Happy birthday, you Trump lovin', alien ass bustin', steroid takin', sexist hero of my younger (although not really young) days.  

News Comments > Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed
5. Re: Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed Jan 29, 2016, 14:52 El Pit

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 13:45:
InBlack wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 12:13:
So much for being mod friendly...

And gabe once again proves he's a money grubbing asshole and gamers are stupid.

Still on the Anti-Steam Crusade? Wow... A man on a mission.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
18. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 13:16 El Pit

descender wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 12:24:
It's funny how unprepared yet willing people were to become an 'investor' in something they have essentially no control over and no patience for. These threads read like a rehab group for junkies.

I give zero sympathetic fucks for anyone who backs any crowdfunded project, but it's fun to watch you guys squirm and whine about "broken promises". There is a reason they don't rely on or believe "promises" in the real world and require everything in writing with deadlines or you lose your funding.

I will keep saying this... CIG should simply refund every kickstarter backer and just keep the other 97% of the money people gave them through their website with no obligations what-so-ever.

Then the impatient whiners can just shut the fuck up already.

The fun were the white knights. Seeing them working as spin doctors for free for CIG was the biggest fun, but it seems that the number and the strong belief of the white knights are both dwindling.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2016, 12:04 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 11:47:
Blue, please don't get any crazy idea's with the Infinite Spherical Video Magic when they decide to do pictures/videos of your work environment.

Blade Runner squeal? Please keep George Lucas and JJ Abhrams away from it please (like 3 continents away).

A sequel to Blade Runner is so unnecessary. But if they really have to do it, at least they should have a better screenplay than The Force Awakens or Prometheus.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
15. Re: Evening Interviews SC spiral Jan 26, 2016, 11:35 El Pit

Maniac wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 08:13:
Broken promises. Cool with that.

See? A lot shorter. And it makes you Chris Roberts' favorite supporter.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2016, 13:25 El Pit

Hope you're alright, Blue. Don't let us burn you out. Take care, okay?  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 15:26 El Pit

September 2015

Something like that happening in Windows 10 and it would make some people jump up and down while shouting "I KNEW IT! LOOK AT ME!"

By the way, that problem has supposedly been fixed. Like other problems get fixed, too, but of course not in Windows 10. Don't trust the updates, disable them! It makes Windows 10 spy on you like Android and iOS... Oops.

You know what? Whatever. Once DirectX12 games hit the market, people will open up like they did for the spyware on their mobile phones.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 13:30 El Pit

Owned by Facebook, low security, a true data magnet - I expect the Blue's News data security experts to have a field day with this even more than with Windows 10.

Then again - for most of those experts it seems to be alright to be spied on by their mobile phones.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
14. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 19, 2016, 04:07 El Pit

InBlack wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 02:45:
The Road to Hell is a song by Chris Rea.

This statement is true actually in both ways.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 19, 2016, 04:05 El Pit

Damned do-gooders! Lack of concentration because of making phone calls or texting while driving? BAH! Idiots! See, I can write this post while dr  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2016, 01:04 El Pit

The heat is off. R.I.P. Glenn Frey.  

12. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 19, 2016, 01:02 El Pit

Nonsense. The road to hell is paved with greed and fear. That's all. No need for anything else.  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 11:55 El Pit

deqer wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 11:51:
Censored!

Your post was offensive. Please support your government!

3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 18, 2016, 11:53 El Pit

Huh? She should sell a kidney and/or one eye's retina before asking for other people's money.

Or she could seek professional advice. Psychiatry could help her with her gambling addiction.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
15. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 17, 2016, 14:58 El Pit

harlock wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 13:11:
its funny because the people complaining about this are the real monkeys.. they are the real chimps.. they are the fucking lesser race

they need to die soon, if it takes too long they will take everything down with them

fucking kill em all

I feel you're holding back there. Tell us how you really feel!

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
77. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Jan 17, 2016, 13:07 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 12:57:
El Pit wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 12:45:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 12:40:
Some of the people around here should unplug their internet for absolute privacy and not bother with installing an OS because clearly they're simply not that good at it.

I guess that the same people don't use mobile phones and use homing pigeons instead of e-mails or whatsapp.

And what's unreasonable about having an expectation of respect for basic privacy which is both a human right, and more importantly, need? People shouldn't have to read through pages of legal boiler plate to see if a company is spying on them. They shouldn't be permitted to do so in the first place. If it's all so harmless why don't they come out from moment one with a clear and easy to read disclaimer. At the very least the should be required to do that by law.

BY AGREEING TO USE THIS PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE YOU HERBY CONSENT TO WAIVE ALL AND ANY RIGHTS TO YOUR PRIVACY. YOU FURTHER CONSENT THAT WE MAY USE ANY ALL INFORMATION WE ACQUIRE TO BE SOLD FOR COMMERCIAL USE AND/OR FURNISHED TO ANY GOVERNMENT AT ANY TIME AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION.

How many people do you think would be cool with that knowing they're living their life under a microscope. Not many.

So, how many homing pigeons do you have? Beware of the secret NSA cats force!

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
74. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Jan 17, 2016, 12:45 El Pit

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 12:40:
Some of the people around here should unplug their internet for absolute privacy and not bother with installing an OS because clearly they're simply not that good at it.

I guess that the same people don't use mobile phones and use homing pigeons instead of e-mails or whatsapp.

2001 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo