Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Developer n-Space Closes
12. Re: Developer n-Space Closes Mar 30, 2016, 12:55 El Pit

mellis wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 12:35:
As long as you mean successor to Neverwinter Nights; Mask of the Betrayer. That one was truly awesome - the others? not so much.

Wrong. Hordes of the Underdark was really good.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
7. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 11:45 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 11:37:
Valve made $750 million last year. The math says 1.1 million isn't going to hurt them. For them it's like ordering a pizza, having it be delivered, and tipping the driver.

Hmmmmm... Piiiiizza! Can I have a slice of that $1.1m pizza?

It's a good win for cAUstomers. OZ and EU seem to be at least in a few cases strengthening the position of their citizens.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Call of Space Duty Rumors
10. Re: Call of Space Duty Rumors Mar 29, 2016, 11:37 El Pit

It will be the Moonraker of the Call of Duty franchise.

Yes. THAT horrible. Really.

Call of Duty: Retarded Warfare

Because in space noone hears you scream.

Scream... in anger because of the money you wasted on this game.

Just trolling, of course. I played and liked some of the call of duty games, especially the Black Ops 1 and 2 games.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
10. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 08:21 El Pit

Tom wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 06:27:
VR is an absolute game-changer for cockpit sims. Racing, flight, space, mech. I can never go back to a monitor and TrackIR setup for those sorts of experiences.

Yes, VR is a game changer... for absolute niche products. It will make billions this way.

We'll see. Let's talk about it in a few years, shall we?

And the 3D I was talking about was of course not 3D hardware acceleration, as you definitely know.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
7. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 04:13 El Pit

nin wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 21:52:
Be sure to post impressions!

Pictures of him wearing the helmet while the other people around him make fun of him?

Hm... 6 to 8 years, and the vr hype will be gone, just like 3d. Both have their merits, but it comes down to software/movies using the new technique cleverly instead of just doing a cheap conversion/programming job to sell each ticket/game license for a few $$$ more.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2016, 14:16 El Pit

LittleMe wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 13:55:
So consider that China is now less communist and more capitalist than the USA and much of the western world. We don't produce much capital.

China is less communist than the USA? Yeah, sure... Trump propaganda, I guess. That damned communist Obamacare - oh, boy.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Free on Origin
8. Re: Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Free on Origin Mar 25, 2016, 02:35 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 02:08:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 00:16:
Nothing is free on Origin. That's like saying "we'll let you fuck all these gross Vietnamese hookers for free. All you gotta do is ride home with sores on your dick."

Actually yes the game is free on Origin. As to your very vivid illustration I take it this comes from experience?

Back in Nam, he... Ah, forget it!

News Comments > More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi
22. Re: More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi Mar 25, 2016, 02:33 El Pit

I know that hatred is in now with this community, but I am enjoying the FarCry games. Same formula? Rinse/repeat? Yes, but if something is good, keep it that way or be very careful with what you add to it. Remember e.g. New/Classic Coke? Right. Assassin's Creed also has a following, although not every game is great. That is typical of franchises, though. Brothers in Arms was a great franchise, and so was Call of Juarez. I did not like the Prince of Persia and the Rayman series, but they got their fans, too. See? It's not always the evil empire, it's not a religious question "Are they of pure gamer's blood?" or something. The Settlers games, Tom Clancy games (some of them are good!)... Yes, absolutely no talent, let them burn in hell. Mad Ucrazy
In the end it is all about a) does it sell (interesting for the company/shareholders) and b) is it entertaining/will I buy again (for the gamers). And I like the FarCry franchise and some Assassin's Creed games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 13:58 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 13:34:
Also, I thought Snyder's Watchmen was pretty awesome. Why does everyone hate on that flick?

I cannot understand this either, Watchmen was really good. I also enjoyed 300 - great blood and beer movie! His Dawn of the Dead remake was also surprisingly good. Then again, Sucker Punch was bad, and Man of Steel was meh.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2016, 15:09 El Pit

Brussels shocked by terror attacks. The ISIS used a Brussels banlieue (Molenbeek) as a breeding ground for new terrorists resulting in the Paris attacks, and now Belgium has finally taken notice of what is going on right in front of the EU headquarters after ignoring the problem-ridden part of the city even after it became a no-go-area for the police. They raided a few places in Molenbeek, surprisingly (sarcasm!) found the surviving terroist of the Paris attacks (who was born under a mile away from the place he was found!), and now all hell breaks loose. Learn a lesson: don't let any hood/banlieue turn into such a hellhole that even the police don't want to go there. React early! Damn, so many innocent lives lost because of wrong politics again. It's like politics only knows either bombs and high walls or blind trust and ignorance. There is a middle ground, you know!

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2016, 15:15.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse<br> Thanks {ant}.</p> <ul> <li> <a href= Mar 19, 2016, 17:24 El Pit

DangerDog wrote on Mar 19, 2016, 16:55:
has anyone contacted Blue's News customer support through Facebook?

I don't Facebook!

And contact him? Why? Just to tell him that something is mis

News Comments > X-COM Creator Gollop Teases Tactical Combat Gamez
8. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 13:55 El Pit

PHJF wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 11:35:
Task wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 11:15:
I wonder what the main world 'threat' will be, if not aliens or perhaps different?

Donald Drumpf

You mean Forrest, i guess?

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2016, 01:23 El Pit

NoScript filtered a potential cross-site scripting (XSS) attempt from http://www.bluesnews.com

What is going on?

News Comments > Tyranny Announced
7. Re: Tyranny Announced Mar 16, 2016, 02:09 El Pit

Tyranny Announced
In a surprise move, Donald Trump tonight announced his plans for his presidency...

News Comments > More GeForce Driver Issues
7. Re: More GeForce Driver Issues Mar 15, 2016, 12:42 El Pit

Quinn wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 12:30:
Wtf they aren't even beta anymore though? I have beta drivers turned off in GeForce Experience and these were an official release according to that program. Got your facts straight? Cause I'm confused... :\

nVidia had to declare them final drivers to force Geforce Experience to use them as an update for all people who - for good reasons, as we know - have turned off the beta driver updates but had installed the faulty final drivers.

News Comments > More GeForce Driver Issues
5. Re: More GeForce Driver Issues Mar 15, 2016, 12:27 El Pit

Blue wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 11:59:
Except these were beta drivers that were issued as an emergency hotfix to address problems with the previous drivers, which were WHQL-certified.

The post title should be what it is, imo.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
5. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 13, 2016, 14:16 El Pit

Siygess wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 14:04:
While interaction with the world in the PU is very.. janky.. I feel like Crusader does a good job of showcasing the game's potential.

They could use this tech demo for a kickstarter. If enough people are interested, they could work on a cool game with a few $$$.

Uhm... Oh, wait...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2016, 04:56 El Pit

descender wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 19:15:
Apple also didn't give China anything remotely similar to what the US government is asking for.

Indeed. They helped censor the internet for over a billion chinese people. What is this compared to hacking an iphone of a terrorist? Exactly. Nothing. Right?

News Comments > CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077
9. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 11, 2016, 04:40 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 19:08:
What are the odds it will be out before 2077?

None. The 2077 is NOT part of the title, it is and always has been the release date. In Valve time.

News Comments > Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10
8. Re: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10 Mar 2, 2016, 11:58 El Pit

descender wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 11:22:
DX12 doesn't have anything to do with it. It's only "Windows 10 exclusive" because the MS Store is the only way to buy it.

Of course they probably could make Windows 7 DX12 compatible, but why on Earth would they?

Like they probably could have made Windows XP DX10/11 compatible.

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo