Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2745 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > DayZ Beta Nears
12. Re: DayZ Beta Nears May 6, 2017, 13:12 El Pit

Total-Khaos wrote on May 6, 2017, 12:39:
thecakeisalie wrote on May 6, 2017, 11:35:
3 years in Alpha, how long in Beta? We might see a "release" in 2020 at this rate, at which time this game will look like an SNES game compared to what will probably be cutting edge by then.

Nah, they will just release a Charlie version after that.

Zombies and Vietnam War - finally two things combined that truly belong together!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 6, 2017, 09:09 El Pit

Nationalist candidates will always be supported by Russia and/or China. Nationalists want their countries to care of themselves which usually means that they will leave unions and trade deals. Of course Russia and China welcome everything that makes the NATO, the European Union, and all other unions that rival their power less powerful. So it is in their best interest to support people like Trump, Le Pen, Boris Johnson, and so on. This does not prove that they are behind every hacking attempt, but especially big scale hacking of usually well defended networks depend on a lot of hardware and networking horsepower. And this is what foreign military and intelligence agencies have access to. Again: this does not prove anything but...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Oculus Announces Closure Of Oculus Story Studio May 6, 2017, 02:12 El Pit

VR is HOOOOOOOT!!!!

From the article: "From the departure of co-founder Palmer Luckey and the stepping down of former CEO Brendan Iribe, to a major loss in a lawsuit with ZeniMax, it's safe to assume that things have not gone as planned for the virtual reality company owned by Facebook."

No kidding?

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 6, 2017, 02:04 El Pit

edaciousx wrote on May 5, 2017, 20:39:
a flash sale, really?

Pay now, get something MUCH later - MAYBE.

News Comments > DayZ Beta Nears
3. Re: DayZ Beta Nears May 6, 2017, 02:02 El Pit

Cutter wrote on May 5, 2017, 20:27:
people need to stop supporting EA

Cutter, this abbreviation is misleading when used in connection to games. Electronic Arts has nothing to do with DayZ.

News Comments > Prey Released
22. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 17:39 El Pit

KS wrote on May 5, 2017, 17:35:
Shut off the artificial gravity and blow them into space.

Where is Ripley when you really need her?

News Comments > Prey Released
12. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 13:35 El Pit

maddog wrote on May 5, 2017, 12:15:
I'm 42, still trying to finish the new Doom. Dozey

I am 48, still trying to finish Pong.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 5, 2017, 01:20 El Pit

A win also thanks to regional pricing... *ducks and runs away*  

News Comments > Steam Gifting Changes
25. Re: Steam Gifting Changes May 5, 2017, 01:16 El Pit

Funny that you left out everything before this final joke and by this make it look stupid. What I wrote back then was that ignoring ANY censorship in countries would not hurt Steam (or Origin or Uplay and so on). Because if these online stores based in the US would sell to every paying customer all over the world, what would censoring countries do? Ban the physical goods from being sold in bricks & mortar stores? They already do if the non-censored game is banned. Turn off the internet in their countries (OBVIOUS joke 1)? Or (OBVIOUS joke 2) invade the US to stop them selling games to their citizens? Isn't it great how complete stories are sometimes different stories?

I also like bullshit like "But if we don't pay high prices, the people working on the product will be starved to death". Hilarious. Higher prices mean higher profits for shareholders not higher wages for the workers. Examples like e.g. Apple prove this. Did the news about new record profits for ActiBlizz a bit above this news mean that ActiBlizz is no longer
exploiting US programmers and IT staff with obscene overtime, screwing them out of royalties and code-and-release hiring practices
because the corporation has earned so much that US programmers and IT staff will now be showered with money? I doubt it. This is not how it works: higher profits = higher wages. It means higher shareholder value. Screw the people who actually made it happen.

Ah, whatever. Nowadays big corporations make politics and are always trying to find the sweet spot where people moan and whine but still don't do anything. Homo sapiens? Yeah, apes are apes and will stay apes.

Now where is my banana? Let me throw some more shit at stuff. Bye and out. I will look for some games with cheap prices from different regions allowing me to buy MORE games and by this support more evil corporations with the same amount of money. Evil me.

24. Re: Steam Gifting Changes May 5, 2017, 01:11 El Pit

SimplyMonk wrote on May 4, 2017, 16:04:
Being human is the same regardless of nation.

The sold product and the productions costs (if not produced in the very same poor country) are also the same regardless of nation. Right? But the price is not.

15. Re: Steam Gifting Changes May 4, 2017, 14:46 El Pit

Both are luxury goods sold all over the world. The one at ridiculously low prices in "poorer" nations, the other one not. One world - one market - one price. At least for corporations...

And why again would be the highest price right now the world wide price again? Because of profit maximization? Or because spin doctors want to make people afraid to ask for "One prize is good enough for all of us on this planet"?

I love the idea that human rights should be basic rights for all people in every nation. Isn't it funny that these rights somehow stop when it comes to economy?

13. Re: Steam Gifting Changes May 4, 2017, 14:30 El Pit

SimplyMonk wrote on May 4, 2017, 13:39:
Yeah. Buying 100% verified US made products is your best bet then, but like I said though, I don't think game developers exploit impoverished regions enough to use that as justification to pirate or circumvent regional pricing.

They are perfectly fine exploiting US programmers and IT staff with obscene overtime, screwing them out of royalties and code-and-release hiring practices so if you want to use that as justification, go ahead.

Just don't cost the poor people of Moldova their copy of Mass Effect: Andromeda in the process... although maybe that would be for the best all things considered.

Oh, come on. How about buying a Porsche in Moldovia? Are they selling it at roughly 20% the US price? No? But another luxury good like a game is sold at that price. Why? Because... REASONS.

No spin doctoring can justify regional pricing for games. Either this world IS one market for EVERYBODY, or we go back to regional markets with regional PRODUCTS, not just prices. Right now it is one market for big corps, not for the people. We the people? My ass!

11. Re: Steam Gifting Changes May 4, 2017, 13:35 El Pit

SimplyMonk wrote on May 4, 2017, 13:24:
So... large corporations exploit impoverished regions to the detriment of their society so I should too? That's kinda fucked up logic.

Fucked up logic would be buying the cheaply produced product at high prices to support what those large corporations are doing! This would actually be a confirmation and support of this approach to profit maximization.

8. Re: Steam Gifting Changes May 4, 2017, 12:53 El Pit

SimplyMonk wrote on May 4, 2017, 12:45:
El Pit wrote on May 4, 2017, 12:19:
Regional pricing - maximize profits? ;)

Well, yeah. Obviously it is done to maximize profits but regional pricing is the only way certain regions would have a chance to play these games. You aren't going to sell a game at a $60 price point in a region where average household take home is $200/month.

I respect this as much as they should respect that the world is more or less one market now where people go for the cheapest price just like the companies go for the cheapest production prices. But somehow they take this right away from people while companies are still allowed to outsource work to the cheapest place on earth if possible.

6. Re: Steam Gifting Changes May 4, 2017, 12:19 El Pit

Rhett wrote on May 4, 2017, 12:15:
Buying games from other countries' markets has been a pretty big problem for publishers I guess.

Different prices for the same product in different countries MIGHT have something to do with it. Regional pricing - maximize profits?

4. Re: Steam Gifting Changes May 4, 2017, 12:13 El Pit

OldDirtyEwok wrote on May 4, 2017, 12:05:
Did Valve stop making games? i'm still waiting on Half-Life 3 and Team Fortress 3

Games? HATS for games! HATS is the new games!!!! Somebody should burglarize and nail all desks to the floor under a sign reading "Half-Life 3"! The very next day all people at Valve would just quit, I guess.

2. Re: Steam Gifting Changes May 4, 2017, 11:59 El Pit

So, no more buying games at sale to gift them later to someone if you have not decided yet to whom and when to gift? Thank you, Steam. I have bought some games as gifts on sale and had them in my inventory to gift them later. Nope. No more. Alright, your loss, Steam. And a win for Amazon and bricks & mortar business: buy now, deliver to whoever whenever you want!  

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
17. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 12:30 El Pit

For some here on Blue's News the demo they like is the complete game for free. I mean there could be a bug in the final battle so they must be allowed to play through just to check it out, right?  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
8. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 12:28 El Pit

Pardon my French, but vaut le fuq would we do with a remaster? FarCry 3 still looks awesome with all bells and whistles turned on. Maybe it is FarCry 3: Unfinished Business? We get back to the island and this time will actually be the bad guy for a change?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Colonel Bruce Hampton May 2, 2017, 10:15 El Pit

This is the way to go: while doing what you loved most in your life. The only horrible thing was the poor kid playing the guitar with Hampton lying at his feet. In the beginning everybody thought he would listen to the kid playing with his ear close to the stage speaker, but the poor man was passing that very moment. Must have been a terrible shock for the kid.  

2745 Comments. 138 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo