Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2207 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
9. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 12:29 El Pit

Peeeling wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:18:
Translation: "We don't have enough money left to finish what we promised a hundred million dollars ago".

Also:

Chris Roberts wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 12:00:
Not just in the salaries of the hundreds of people pouring their hearts into the project, but in the unpredictability of the groundbreaking technology that we need to develop to achieve a game of this scale and detail.

Translation: All the timelines we will give to you mean NOTHING because of the unpredictability [of the chairman] and scale and detail [that the chairman asked and is still asking for].

Project implosion within the next 12 months, I am afraid... Unless the believers buy SHIPS! AND MORE SHIPS! AND FLEETS!!!

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Nov 19, 2016, 02:07 El Pit

So, we are going to announce timelines but please keep in mind that they mean nothing.  
Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Reference Drivers
1. Re: New AMD Crimson Reference Drivers Nov 18, 2016, 10:38 El Pit

Flickering, crashes, performance issues... Nvidia dropped the ball big time AGAIN.

Oh, wait...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 10:33 El Pit

Anything that has more than four legs is not welcome to my home and will get killed on sight. Easy rule.  

News Comments > Genital Jousting Early Access
7. Re: Genital Jousting Early Access Nov 18, 2016, 00:50 El Pit

Genital Jousting Local Multiplayer?

W...T...F...?!

Mwahaha

News Comments > etc., etc.
16. Re: etc., etc. Nov 17, 2016, 12:44 El Pit

'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen'

Rotfl

This is not a headline, it is not news, it is the plot for either a drama or a comedy dealing with economy, finances, narcissism, failure, bloated development, and much more.

Could be a great idea for a Hollywood movie! Neither directed nor produced nor written by Chris Roberts (because the movie should be finished and released one day).

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Fall Update
10. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 13:07 El Pit

Timmeh wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 11:56:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 11:11:
I wonder if it will fix the "I can't play this on my 660ti because it just crashes my video driver, requiring a reboot, unless I install a 2 year old driver and use a work around to avoid driver version detection." issue.

Apparently this has been an ongoing issue since launch, with multiple nvidia cards, and it's still broke. There's like a 16 page thread on it on the nvidia support forums.

That is not possible Sir! Only The ATI drivers suck. Nvidias Drivers are perfect and bestest always and forever.

Take your seedy lies and get thee hence!

Fun fact: even with working drivers ATI cards are too slow to deliver the amazing graphics of this game!

News Comments > ARK Content Plans
7. Re: ARK Content Plans Nov 15, 2016, 01:53 El Pit

They are in extremely late early access now, right? Already releasing DLCs, I see. Of course, those are also in early access, just like the game.

Note to Steam: early access done wrong - this is a great example!

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
15. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 14, 2016, 13:07 El Pit

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 05:04:
He does. Its just there are not many that read their western propaganda. Most are NGOs nobody cares for in Russia. The critics you mention are a very small minority. The real opposition is far far FAR worse than Putin and nationalistic. Hes also not against gay people, as the western MSM want you to believe. Read that law for yourself and think about what happened in the 90s to Russia, AKA get a clue what that law tries to fix.

Lol_dies Yeah, sure...

Food for thought 1
Food for thought 2
Food for thought 3

And I could go on and on and on...

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2016, 13:31.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 13, 2016, 13:47 El Pit

Maybe Trumperica will do just what democratic countries like Russia and Turkey did: imprison all critical journalists, close every newspaper or tv station that will not follow the government's guidelines, and suddenly there is only one truth and that is forged by the regime government. After all, Putin and The Donald are best friends forever, right? Why not do what his friend did?  

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
41. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 13, 2016, 11:22 El Pit

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 09:58:
paid agitators by moveon, answer and other leftwing groups

Shall I laugh or point out that this is how paranoid fascist regimes ALWAYS call the protesting people on the street? Hm...

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 09:58:
the anti-establishment billionaire

FTFY. The nonconformist billionaire - a perfect oxymoron. Or just moron, maybe.

Palin? Gingrich? Who else? Pat Robertson? Jimmy Swaggart? The liars and bigot populists of the Christian Coalition finally triumph, it took them some decades, though.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2016, 00:50 El Pit

Retired wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 20:37:
I read an interesting article today that said the MLB is taking the World Series from Chicago and giving it to Clevland because Indians fans are protesting.

/snowflake logic

Apple, meet orange!

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
9. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 12, 2016, 14:09 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 13:57:
Retired wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 12:27:
Dacote wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 11:07:
"For people that need something about hope and love right now"
Well that could not have come at a better time.

Very dangerous rhetoric.

Sad!

In about two years, people might go to jail for making indirect political comments that are not in line with the president's point of view, so...

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Patch Plans
17. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 12, 2016, 02:19 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 01:53:
Overon wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 17:24:
How bad is the release state?

53% on steam on day 2 of release.. usually says everything

Damn... It's a bit like Arkham Knight, then. That worked well for those with top of the line hardware and had LOTS of problems for most people with a GTX970 and under.

I will wait for Beth to patch it into a proper state and will buy a GOTY edition in 2 years or so.

News Comments > Tyranny Released
12. Re: Tyranny Released Nov 11, 2016, 00:34 El Pit

Wow! That was quick. So soon after the election, we already get a game based on the coming presidency?

/checks trailer

Sorry, my bad.

nin, any words on the game? Is it worth the money? Thanks for your info, MoreLuckThanSkill.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2016, 00:30 El Pit

Blue, please don't let being a billionaire now change you. Please, please, please. If you suddenly feel an urge to get orange hair implants, then please do NOT run for president (especially not for el presidente for lifetime), but go and see a competent psychiatrist.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 10, 2016, 15:14 El Pit

nin wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:50:
Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:13:
Oh God, please don't let CD Projekt RED get taken over...

Everyone go to GOG and buy some games!

I bought Tyranny this morning, does that count? I have zero willpower...

Good boy, nin, well done! Here's a cookie!

I want my CD Project games without Zuckerberg, Kotick, or Andrew Wilson tainting the games as much as possible! Thank you!

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 10, 2016, 15:11 El Pit

Facebook presents: Oculus Witcher VR - 2hrs playtime and it's more like Tetris but with full spyware, uhm, "social platform" integration! YAY!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 9, 2016, 12:18 El Pit

"What is all that pussy talk about cybersecurity, net neutrality and internet freedom? It's all just limiting the good US telcom companies and the security of our citizens. I declare all this girlish stuff dead!" (Trump, 2017)

RE: Fleeing to Canada
Trump will also build a wall in the north, but all the guards will be looking SOUTH from the wall... Like in the good old GDR! People who get caught trying to escape will be tortured, because torture makes people tell the truth! FACT! RE: witch hunts and painful interrogations of witches!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 12:04 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 12:02:
You can still be rich and anti-establishment, you know.

No, you can't, unless your mad like Howard Hughes. Or too full of yourself to understand that having millions and billions means that you have established yourself in the realm of the wealthy few.

Might be different in the cutterverse, though.

Plus: I was writing about how breaking promises made before the election would make him a typical established politician.

2207 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo