Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 28, 2016, 13:07 El Pit

2037: "Boss, our storage called in sick. Caught a flu or some other virus."  
Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 27, 2016, 13:56 El Pit

PHJF wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 12:12:
All the data of the current/past intercourse will be available on the phone, in the cloud, and for selected advertisement partners of Apple. Enjoy!

That's called a FitDick. I've got 10,000 thrusts today, so far.

Man, your right hand must be HURTING!

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 27, 2016, 11:57 El Pit

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 11:44:
Amount of time before someone tries to buy them up?

Facebook? Google for *cough* Google+?

I never understood the attraction of tweets. Then again, I am old.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 27, 2016, 11:55 El Pit

First they try to put watch, telephone, mini-pc into one device to make profit. Then they try to divide all of this again to make profit. Did not work - even Appletarians could not be fooled to turn around and go back to the wristwatch era.

Still waiting on an Apple condom, though. Will be small size, white and will glow blue at the right time. All the data of the current/past intercourse will be available on the phone, in the cloud, and for selected advertisement partners of Apple. Enjoy!

News Comments > Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Released
9. Re: Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Released Apr 27, 2016, 11:50 El Pit

MattyC wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 02:14:
El Pit wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 23:44:
Blizzard looting the tomb of H. P. Lovecraft for a dime - how the mighty have fallen.

You do remember C'Thun being in vanilla WoW right? Like the over 10 year old version of WoW?

I see it more as a homage. Like with Cthulhu Saves the World.

Well, it is an homage but also the profitable use of Lovecraft's work. This is coming from a company that just took down a beloved vanilla WoW server because of copyright infringement/unallowed use of ActiBlizz's work. I know there is no copyright anymore on Lovecraft's work, but I still find it part amusing, part annoying. Whatever. I never played WoW because of the monthly fees, so I did not know about C'thulhu/C'Thun being a part of it. Nevertheless, what are 10 years compared to the 80 to 90 years since Lovecraft invented his mythology.

News Comments > Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Released
2. Re: Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Released Apr 26, 2016, 23:44 El Pit

Blizzard looting the tomb of H. P. Lovecraft for a dime - how the mighty have fallen.  

News Comments > Paragon Beta Weekend
5. Re: 404 error! Apr 26, 2016, 12:37 El Pit

descender wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:14:
Why not just you know... put out a real beta and let people at it?

Because that isn't how you do hardware and infrastructure stress testing? You do it in increments exactly like they are doing here.

It's not a demo.

It's as bad as the perioed we went through when it was WWII games out the wazoo.
Now look what you did Cutter, incoming WW2 MOBA in 3...2...

You mean WW2 with zombies MOBA kickstarter coming from John Carmack in 3...2...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2016, 10:53 El Pit

I changed my internet provider, too. Finally I will get my 100 mbit connection - if all goes well. On May 13... Friday the 13th... hey, what could go possibly wrong on a Friday the 13th?  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2016, 15:09 El Pit

nin wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 23:23:
Retired wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 22:15:
Being from Minnesota.....I can officially say that I am anti Prince (and I "liked" his music). It has taken over this ridiculous state.......I am over him/it. Let us move on please. I don't need Prince on repeat on EVERYFUCKINGSTATIONANDCHANNEL.

If people cared 10% as much about important shit as they do this fuck.......world would be a better place.

He never meant to cause you any sorrow

He never meant to cause you any pain...

Rotfl

Bats, try a raspberry beret (officer edition).

For some people, music is VERY important and some memories are linked to certain songs and music. I liked Prince and have very fond memories that are linked to a concert and everything after the concert. So, when the musician dies it's a bit like the memory gets hurt (or even dies a bit, too). Is this rational? No, but it is simply heartfelt. But yes, there are definitely much more important things in life, but sometimes they just do not seem as important when other more emotional things happen.

A girlfriend who was far too wise for her age once told me to cheer up because no matter how bad things were at that time the sun was still shining and the flowers were still out there showering us in warmth and colors. And sometimes it is better to appreciate this and just to not think of people dying in wars or starving to death. It does not make things better, but it kind of makes you survive without your heart turned into stone and without turning into a cynical grumpy old man.

12. Re: Wtf Apr 21, 2016, 13:31 El Pit

Creston wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 13:24:
Prince died.

Damn. He was a great artist and one hell of a guitar player. Saw him on the Lovesexy tour ages ago.

Could all the REALLY talented people please stop dying? There are so many untalented led clones making millions that I would not miss a single minute, but noooo, it's Bowie, Prince, Lemmy... DAMMIT, IT IS NOT FAIR!

News Comments > HITMAN Episode Two Trailer
11. Re: HITMAN Episode Two Trailer Apr 21, 2016, 12:29 El Pit

Jerykk wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 12:18:
Going episodic actually works pretty well for Hitman. The Paris level was huge and had tons of replayability. Being episodic encourages you to replay levels instead of just moving on to the next and there's more than enough content in Paris to last you 20+ hours.

As a big Hitman fan, I too was skeptical about the new format but it works.

Damn you, Jerykk. I wanted to wait until all episodes have been released, but now... there is a certain itch that needs to be scratched.

News Comments > Mafia III in October
21. Re: Mafia III in October Apr 19, 2016, 14:11 El Pit

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 12:24:
So, if the Season Pass idea is such a horrendous idea to some people...just don't buy it.

Where would be the fun in this? Let us whine about it and make up fake memories!

Of course, you are right. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

I am looking forward to Mafia 3 and just because of some people here will not only preorder but will get the season pass, too. Trollbashing Tongue

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2016, 14:08 El Pit

Orogogus wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 12:52:
I think usually when people have trouble with the ignore feature it's because they don't have Remember Me checked in the login (under the row of emoticons whenever you make a new post). Some people type it in every time, other people have their browser auto-fill it for them. But you have to check that box and either preview or post so that it sticks, then the ignore functions will be there.

Thanks a lot. That worked!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2016, 11:29 El Pit

Blue, when I go to the user setting, I have to log in, then click on "Manage Ignored Users" in the main menu to block a certain guy here, I am asked to log in again, and am back at the main menu. I am running the latest Firefox. Is this problem known to you? Is it something on my side that I can fix?

Problem solved! Thanks to Orogogus. Allthumbsup

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2016, 14:13.

10. Re: Mafia III in October Apr 19, 2016, 11:24 El Pit

Quinn wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 11:05:
What? I'm sorry but none of that made sense. The empty box "metaphor" is the season pass you buy today, not knowing what the hell it will include and how good it will probably be.

Today, you got BETTER information including actual gameplay videos then back in the day. And when you preordered you did NOT know what you would really receive. Maybe you got a few images, some description - that was all.

Back in the day, those magazines were fucking awesome and knew allot. Journalists even got invited to the studio to play preview builds and do interviews.

And today the journalists get criticized as embedded journalist or paid shills for doing so... And again, you are comparing apples and oranges here. For BIG games you got some previews with a few pics and some description - today, you get very often gameplay videos, invites to alphas/betas, and so on. I like today better!

Also, back in the day an EXPANSION PACK was almost as long as the main game. Think Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, one of the last Expansions before they got as good as extinct.

Oh, wow, so Enemy Within was tiny? Dying Light: The Following is like horse armor? And some of the Fallout 3/New Vegas expansions were also pretty big. You see? It is not black and white: DLC tiny and expensive, but expansions 10+ years ago were the AWESOME.

But I remember reading discussions like this one pretty often here, shaking my head because some people... Ah, don't get me started. I'm out of here. Enjoy!

8. Re: Mafia III in October Apr 19, 2016, 10:54 El Pit

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 10:51:
El Pit wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 10:38:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 10:36:
Aaaaaannnnddd yet another fucking lame retarded season pass scam. Fuck you 2K.

$4.99 Steam sale for the GOTY (maybe... only if it gets glowing reviews). I can wait.

Aaaaand I remember buying the expansions for TIE Fighter. For real money, you know. Must have been before you were born.

Oh yeah? And they tried to sell us (I bet I'm older than you buddy) an empty box for those expansions in advance and did not tell us what the expansion content would even be like?
News to me. The way I remember it is we got the announcement of the expansion after the main game was released and when they announced it, we knew pretty much exactly what we were going to get if we (pre)ordered. We also never had to buy that empty box.

Your point?

Oh yeah? You don't remember preordering games and expansions? Well, I do. And no, we did not know what it would be like - there was no interwebz back then, only printed game magazines who did not know too much, either.

And when it arrived, the box was not empty. And the DLC you download is not only zeroes, you know?

So, YOUR point (except for trolling)?

4. Re: Mafia III in October Apr 19, 2016, 10:38 El Pit

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 10:36:
Aaaaaannnnddd yet another fucking lame retarded season pass scam. Fuck you 2K.

$4.99 Steam sale for the GOTY (maybe... only if it gets glowing reviews). I can wait.

Aaaaand I remember buying the expansions for TIE Fighter. For real money, you know. Must have been before you were born.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
26. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 15:40 El Pit

SlimRam wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 15:36:
Downloaded the 25 gig install.

Tried to go to Port Olisar, disconnected with kick error 11.

Tried to play the Arena Commander, disconnected with kick error 22.

Uninstalled.

So I guess you will only invest about $300 instead of 500?

News Comments > New John Romero PC Shooter Teased
22. Re: New John Romero PC Shooter Teased Apr 16, 2016, 01:55 El Pit

Romero has already succeeded! John Romero is going to make you bitch.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2016, 11:55 El Pit

Or it is proving that ActiBlizz is trying to woo the casual gamer, Blue.  

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo