Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2662 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
16. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 17, 2017, 04:03 El Pit

RoboNerd wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 19:24:
"and how in Star Wars, anyone can become a hero"

That is provided they are female...

Chewbecky? Hanna Solo? Lucia Skywalker? Landa Calrissian?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
18. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 17:48 El Pit

SFanderson wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 16:42:
I can't help but laugh every time I see Star Citizen on blues. The people here are an overwhelming minority with regards to their views on this game. Like seriously, this is the Westboro Baptist Church of the gaming community.

Perfect summation of Blues vitriol towards this game is the homeless guy here: https://youtu.be/phxRZXd6r9E?t=12

Hahaha

I guess this your alpha 0.03a version of a post. A finished and mature version of this will be released after the official release of the "gone gold" news for Star Citizen, so this should give you a few decades to grow up and understand why and how you have fallen for the Sacred Citizen Cult.

Hint: once the Supreme Leader asks you to leave the US for some South American exile... RUN!!! Of course, you won't run but will drink the KoolAid instead.

5. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 13:39 El Pit

Overon wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 13:27:
El Pit wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 13:25:
Can somebody please translate what "an enthusiastic, empowered Community" really means? Thank you in advance.
It means everyone is all smiles and everything is good nothing to see here, keep buying virtual goods. We want more money. It's about waving that carrot in the form of a roadmap in front of backers who may have these creeping doubts that might result in them no longer paying for virtual goods we are selling.

So we will get Star Citizen Bridge Commander soon? And CIG will start selling... bridges?

1. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 13:25 El Pit

Can somebody please translate what "an enthusiastic, empowered Community" really means? Thank you in advance.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap
25. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 04:51 El Pit

loomy wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 23:18:
JohnQP wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 20:41:
Serious question: by the time all is said and done, would it have been cheaper to simply colonize space in real life?

when this game is done, it will cost in the ballpark of one pre-spacex medium class rocket, launch and launch services only (no payload cost)

and if EA or activision tried to make this game, it'd cost more and take longer because they wouldn't be as dedicated. CIG is a purpose-built organization

it's CR's fault for setting unrealistic expectations with unrealistic schedules all this time. but elon musk does the same thing. yes they're bad at scheduling, and yes they're doing stuff that's never been done before

Musk brought a couple of rockets up into space, releasing its payloads, and even landing back on earth again. Sounds a bit beyond eternal alpha to me.

23. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 03:40 El Pit

JohnQP wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 20:43:
Another serious question: in the end, will this game prove "too big to fail" and get a few billion in gov't bailouts to finish the content?

Orange Wig: Who's gonna get saved? STAR CITIZEN FIRST!

6. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 15, 2017, 14:37 El Pit

sir wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 14:19:
Ben Kenobi: We'll pay you two thousand now, plus fifteen when we reach Alderaan.
Chris Roberts: Seventeen? [Ben nods] Okay, you guys got yourselves a JPG of a ship. We'll be ready when it's done. We just need to modify the ship. After we have built it. Which we haven't yet.
Kenobi: Luke, these are not the businessmen we are looking for.
Kenobi waves his hand: Roberts, you will forget that you have met us.

FTFY, sir!

News Comments > Peter Moore Signs Off
2. Re: Peter Moore Signs Off Apr 15, 2017, 02:37 El Pit

Chairman of Liverpool FC? So he will try and handle Klopp? Good luck, dude. You will get bitten in your reached out hand!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2017, 12:24 El Pit

The teaser trailer for Star Wars - Episode VIII: The Last Jedi has just been released.

https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

It is alright. After the entertaining but pretty flat The Force Awakens I hope we will get a bit more story and depth this time.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2017, 13:45 El Pit

DAMN!!!! Michael Ballhaus, one of the greatest cinematographers ever, has died at age 81. He worked with the best directors (Coppola, Scorsese, Redford, and and and) and gave us brilliant photography for movies like The Departed, Gangs of New York, Bram Stoker's Dracula, GoodFellas, and many many more movies. This is a terrible loss for modern cinema and a very sad day for Hollywood and all movie fans.  

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Beta
1. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 12, 2017, 12:24 El Pit

The Necromancer will bring Diablo III back to life!  

News Comments > Serious Sam's Bogus Detour Announced
5. Re: Serious Sam's Bogus Game Announced Apr 11, 2017, 10:52 El Pit

Fixed the headline for you, Blue!  

News Comments > KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors
5. Re: KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumor Apr 11, 2017, 10:48 El Pit

Darth Sidious: "The hatred and doubt is strong with this thread. Good... good!"  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2017, 12:29 El Pit

So the pirates won't have it as soon as it has been released - this might help sell some more copies to those who don't want to wait.  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2017, 03:52 El Pit

Good luck with the move, Blue. Best idea would be to ask friends who have moved recently about their experiences and then call one of the contractors they have been happy/lucky with.  

38. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 8, 2017, 03:51 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 02:47:
The situation with the neighbor's dogs has to be the most stressful event I've found myself in. It's raining and cold over here in California, and I didn't know how the dogs were doing or if they had shelter, food, or what. The worse is the owner left the property two weeks ago (he's a renter). He abandoned his dogs. I have great news to report! The Chief of Police emailed me tonight:

"Animal Services responded to check on the dogs today. Some food was left by the Animal Services Officer and the dogs appeared to be in acceptable health at that time. A note was left requesting contact from the owner and we’ve received no response. The plan now is that the dogs will be taken into protective custody tomorrow by our Animal Services staff."

It's been a very long six months but I'm relieved for the dogs, and I'll finally be able to get peace and quiet. Win-Win for us both!

I hope it is a GOOD animal shelter.

https://www.americanhumane.org/fact-sheet/animal-shelter-euthanasia-2/

48. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2017, 16:53 El Pit

Verno wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 12:58:
Who cares, they were using chemical weapons and people were demanding action.

Who is "they"? Assad? The Russians? ISIS? Any proof WHO did use the chems? Was it a chemical bomb or an improvised factory for chemical weapons hit by a conventional bomb?

See - this is why all of this is just stupid. Like the war on Iraq - no proof, just action. Just do it, think later. Stupid stupid stupid. Just to get rid of Assad because all the countries in Northern Africa and the Orient have turned into democratic states after the dictators were gone. Right? RIGHT?! No, not right. Libya without Gaddafi - anarchy and terrorism. Egypt without Mubarak - almost a radical islamic state, now under control of Egypt's military. Iraq - well, you know what happened after GWB bombed Saddam away. But does the western world learn? No, of course not. Kill the dictators, and then leave the countries to turn into chaos and anarchy. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2017, 09:07 El Pit

Trump (2016): "Obama is a fool for getting involved in the Syrian civil war."
Trump (2017): "It is in the best interest of the safety of our nation to get involved in the Syrian civil war."

News Comments > Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A
15. Re: Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A Apr 7, 2017, 08:54 El Pit

ViRGE wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 03:19:
]The fact that even one key got revoked should tell you what kind of business G2A is running.

It's a flea market for stolen keys. No more, no less.

I see... One key revoked = all keys are stolen

I think I can guess who you voted for!

News Comments > Dragon Age 4 Outed?
12. Re: Dragon Age 4 Outed? Apr 7, 2017, 02:41 El Pit

Transgender dragon or get lost!!!!

And make the hero a eunuch! And a human-qun mix! And color blind! And put him in a wheelchair! And a molester, but basically a good and just misunderstood guy! WIN, EA, WIN!!!!!

2662 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo