Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2929 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play?
19. Re: Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play? Oct 15, 2017, 02:25 El Pit

The multiplayer fps market is as saturated as the MOBA is. All kids go with the biggest game(s), all the others are left in the dust.
How about some great single-player fps, though? Too much work? There has always been a market for those, and except for Wolfenstein II coming up I can't think of any other REAL single-player game (i.e. not a multiplayer game with a tacked-on 3 hrs single-player campaign) being released in the near future.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Delayed
2. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Delayed Oct 14, 2017, 16:51 El Pit

The age of Age of Empires hasn't come yet, it seems.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: CitizenCon 2947 Oct 14, 2017, 03:01 El Pit

The title of this ritual sect meeting includes the most realistic release date of the gold master.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 14, 2017, 02:59 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 22:57:
Choobeastia wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 21:27:
Why would anyone against online harassment be on Twitter in the first place?

That's a very victim blaming sentiment.

No, it's jut common sense. If you walk into a biker bar or enter some ghetto then the odds are pretty good some shit is going to go down and it's no one's fault but your own.

Exactly. Because the bikers or ghetto dwellers got every right to break the law... Oh, wait.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2017, 13:07 El Pit

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 12:07:
So, if you're capturing CO2 and injecting it into the ground where it turns into stone (Whaaaaaat??? ), wouldn't your injection site fill up fairly quickly? Confused

No, because stone in the ground will be declared a lie, too. The theory about mankind having anything to do with the petrification of earth is a LIE! Vote for Trump 2020! WIN!!!

In 30 years, scientists will declare that they have found a way to stop petrification: they have found a way to turn stone into CO2...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: The currency you’ll pay real money for in Star Wars: Battlefront 2... Oct 12, 2017, 13:45 El Pit

No, I won't.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 12:42 El Pit

Mod this to be a true FPS and I would buy it. TPS is just not my genre.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 02:41 El Pit

The new trailer for Star Wars: Episode VIII is out and it is pretty meh in my opinion. It is full of red herrings. I think director Rian Johnson kind of gave us fake news on episode VIII by editing different scenes so they give you a wrong idea about what is really happening. Then again, this way he kind of gives you anti-spoilers: you think you get it but you don't.

https://youtu.be/Q0CbN8sfihY

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 16:50 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 15:47:
El Pit wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 15:31:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! And thanks for everything!

Party on, guys!

Balloon Allthumbsup Cool Drummer Guitarist Grin Jester Love2 Mickey :party: :pleased: :smitten: :sunny: :thumbsup: :cheerleading: :cuddle: :drunk2: :friends: :gift: :handshake: :highfive: :headphones: :hug: :king: :lighter: :number1: :party2: :smitten2: :thanks: :tickling: :w00t: :woohoo: :beer: :boogie: :cake: :cheers: :clap: :dance: :drinkers: :grouphug: :headbang: :manhug: :nod: :popcorn: :salute2: :smooch: :worship:
i did not know there was a limit, reduces spamming I guess.

It sure reduced the party effect. Ah, whatever. Bluesnews 4EVAAAAH!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 15:31 El Pit

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! And thanks for everything!

Party on, guys!

Balloon Allthumbsup Cool Drummer Guitarist Grin Jester Love2 Mickey Party :pleased: :smitten: :sunny: :thumbsup: :cheerleading: :cuddle: :drunk2: :friends: :gift: :handshake: :highfive: :headphones: :hug: :king: :lighter: :number1: :party2: :smitten2: :thanks: :tickling: :w00t: :woohoo: :beer: :boogie: :cake: :cheers: :clap: :dance: :drinkers: :grouphug: :headbang: :manhug: :nod: :popcorn: :salute2: :smooch: :worship:

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 14:08 El Pit

I wonder if Blade Runner 2049 is like the first Blade Runner movie: great movie, but box office poison. It seems people just want actors in colorful spandex costumes fighting each other... Whatever. I am going to watch BR2049 next week.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 7, 2017, 12:15 El Pit

GoG, could you try to get the rights to sell Blade Runner? I loved the game, and with the great classic movie and the new movie which I have planned to watch next week, this would be a great time to offer this title again with compatibility for Win7/8/10.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 11:59 El Pit

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 11:54:
"Evocatus (plural Evocati) was the Latin term for a soldier in the Roman army who had served out his time and obtained a discharge (Honesta missio) but had voluntarily enlisted again at the invitation of the consul or other commander."

So, this beta is for the people who got sacked and rehired when they said they would work for free on THE GAME? They truly deserve Alpha 3.0, then.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 7, 2017, 11:48 El Pit

Chris Roberts: "$400K? PEANUTS! Not even enough for a new JPG of a new ship in THE GAME!"  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 11:33 El Pit

Guys! IT IS HAPPENING! I got a mail saying that THE GAME Alpha 3.0 has been released to some alien race (or mad investors?) called evocati. We all knew it would happen!!! Another huge, huge step forward to beta! Beta coming to the Evocati (and maybe to peons on Earth) in approximately 2027 - date could shift, though, I think the gaming god behind THE GAME has said that they will add RTS, MOBA, and Submarine Chess Karate to the game, so 2037 might be a better estimated date of delivery of the beta. Cheers!  

News Comments > Press X to Not Die Released
3. Re: Press X to Not Die Released Oct 7, 2017, 07:36 El Pit

Does this magic "x" button also work in games with hilariously complicated gameplay like older Total War games?

Ooooh, I feel a shitstorm coming up... Yes, alright. But I would really like this "x" button in older Total War games. Press "x" instead of clicking rush, turtle, special attack, and forward to make your army do something intelligent would be sooo nice!

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 Ends This Month
2. Re: Diablo III Season 11 Ends This Month Oct 7, 2017, 02:30 El Pit

Rhett wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 23:59:
Just in time to get, then proceed to get bored with, Destiny 2!

The new patch they're working on (D3) is looking great. Tons more build variety.

How about "tons more contents"? No? Well, been there, done that. Moved on.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 5, 2017, 15:13 El Pit

I went with AMD for the first time in a long time and am happy with my Ryzen 1700x. It runs at 8 x 3.8 GHz (16 threads) at standard voltage and is offering a lot of bang for pretty small money. I really wanted to go with intel for the next few years but the cost-benefit ratio of the Ryzen made me change my mind.

Again: I would have bought an 8c/16t intel if they had offered a cpu/mobo at a fair price, but they outpriced themselves. Maybe in 5 years or so I will go intel again, but right now I can see myself sticking with my new rig for AT LEAST 5 years. Might buy a new gfx card next year but my GTX 1070 is still running everything at ultra at WQHD so I might even stick with the 1070 until 2019 depending on what Nvidia is offering next year.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 15:56 El Pit

Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 14:18:
~
player.modav carryweight 1000
~

Enjoy.

^^This!!!

I could never really enjoy Skyrim without this little command line.

Well, okay, I admit it: I am a hoarder of virtual goods!

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
6. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 11:30 El Pit

From the Creation Club FAQ:

I've purchased Creation Credits from Steam/Xbox Store/PSN

WHAT?! Well, good luck with this. Whenever they make you buy their own currency which is only good to buy their own products, you KNOW that you are getting ass-raped.

Don't buy this shit, please.

2929 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo