Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2204 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
13. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Aug 19, 2016, 01:32 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 21:10:
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. Basically, it's made up of two separate words "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind
- Jack Handy

In a few years, it will be womankind. Mark my words!

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs
13. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 16, 2016, 16:11 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 15:52:
NMS hosed my save game so having to start again.

Really? Wow. This would definitely make me angry enough to smash something. I had problems with broken save games especially in older games and pretty often I gave up instead of replaying the last 30 to 40 hours. This should always be an acceptable reason enough for a refund.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 13, 2016, 15:05 El Pit

A new study shows that most new studies are made up. Not sure about that new study, though.  

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up
11. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up Aug 13, 2016, 14:44 El Pit

Slick wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 13:54:
I'm going to pirate the fuck out of this game when it comes out on win 7, on principle.

That will show 'em what people think about converting the game to Win7! JUST DO IT!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
52. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 10:27 El Pit

To sum it up, it is better to wait and see if they add more diversity in gameplay and flora/fauna, I understand? Maybe there will be a GOTY version in a year or so with added features. It's alright, I can wait.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Study confirms that ending your texts with a period is terrible. Aug 13, 2016, 02:16 El Pit

What the hell are they talking  

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes?
21. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes? Aug 11, 2016, 13:11 El Pit

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 13:01:
I don't know, but I do know that Steam sells VTM:Bloodlines in a version that will not run on modern PCs without a lot of tweaking and never cared about including my patch which fixes this and more. When GOG released the game, they contacted me and their version will run as promised...

Thanks a lot for your great work, Wesp5! Thumbsup

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes?
14. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes? Aug 11, 2016, 12:13 El Pit

So this is how Microsoft is supposedly slowly closing Windows 10 and making Steam less attractive? Interesting approach...  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Aug 9, 2016, 14:28 El Pit

The name of SoTA should be changed to: Ultima - Housing. Landlord British is proud of his work.  

News Comments > The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible
15. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 12:19 El Pit

Creston wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 11:00:
But I liked the world, I liked quite a few of the levels, and I am probably the only guy in the world who actually liked the driving parts.

You are not the only one. Rage is not the best game ever (most bluesnewser expect no less from every game released these days, it seems), but is was entertaining. I like the Mad Max/Borderlands setting and some of the weapons were fun, too. Nothing I would have bought at full price, but it was a mostly enjoyable gaming experience.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2016, 12:30 El Pit

Firefly got axed after one season, but fake reality shows get renewed for 10 seasons plus... A clear sign of the looming human apocalypse!  

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Issues
40. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Issues Aug 8, 2016, 12:27 El Pit

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 00:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 23:13:
You should never disable Windows Update.

Why?

Thou shalt not question him, faithless peon! Just BELIEVE! (It is actually like believing that Star Citizen is on the road to a gold master!)

38. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2016, 12:25 El Pit

shiho wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 04:43:
El Pit wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 17:00:
HorrorScope, this is about emotions, not about facts! ;)

... as you demonstrate with remarkable clarity.

Yes, I can be angered if some people proudly present their bigotry and lack of knowledge. But it's alright. That is what the Ignore-button is for. One click, and Blue's News becomes a much better place.

19. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2016, 17:00 El Pit

HorrorScope, this is about emotions, not about facts!

Microsoft is THE DEVIL! Did you not read the .plan update by some guys here? Laugh

Google and Apple are good though, because they are gathering even more information, but this is only to feed starving people in Ethiopia, I guess.

One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.
(Proverbs 11:24)

12. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Issues Aug 7, 2016, 15:08 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 15:04:
When your operating system becomes a hobby, it's time to change operating systems. Huh Computer Rifle

Yes, changing something easily without registry hacks (like you proposed for another problem) sure is "a hobby". You got owned, but I know you are one of the guys who would never admit a loss. Welcome to the ignore list, kid!

10. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Issues Aug 7, 2016, 15:00 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 14:14:
Bring on the defenders with their, "well you have to do this", "or turn on that", if you connect to your network like this" or "you need to set this".

It's always a hoot.

I hope you are not one of those guys who is telling people that they got the wrong hobby if they do not know how to hack e.g. a game to change the FOV or something because the developers did not include this option in the menu.

Oops!

It's always a hoot, right?

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2016, 15:07.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears
10. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 7, 2016, 14:35 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 14:25:
Disclaimer 3: Yes, i can be very patient

But remember: only few people reach the age of 80 years and over.

7. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 7, 2016, 14:12 El Pit

KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 14:03:
Alpha 2.5? Wouldnt that be like beta 1.5?

A beta? Don't rush it! There are a few more years of alpha builds needed followed by 10 years of betas before servers and client machines are able to run the SC that Roberts imagined.

7. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Issues Aug 7, 2016, 14:05 El Pit

Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 13:53:
the gaming geeks at Ars recommend that you avoid the Anniversary update

Right, and you do that how on an OS that forces updates down your throat?

Simple. Tested - it works for me. But it only works with wifi connections.

http://lifehacker.com/enable-metered-connection-to-delay-windows-10-updates-1723316525

5. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 7, 2016, 13:53 El Pit

{PH}88fingers wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 12:51:
Wasn't the studio supposed to be broke by now?
where are all the idiots who were spamming how they had no money left and that it would be closed up by march of this year.

Or when is this new date? Will it all blow up in October?
I'm curious where all the professional arm char developers are, always love hearing their massive expertise in game making and how after 4 years we should have had the best game ever by now.

Shouldn't they have released a GAME by now based on their original plans? See, I can ask this without calling names at critics.

2204 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo