Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
32. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 17:28 El Pit

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2016, 17:06:
The difference between ETS2 and ED is at least there's stuff to see in ETS2.

What is ETS2?

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER May 24, 2016, 13:32 El Pit

SimplyMonk wrote on May 24, 2016, 13:27:
Task wrote on May 24, 2016, 11:27:
"this review is to counterbalance negative reviews, ignore Chinese spammers." lol what?

Can't find a reliable source, but some people are saying that the game was promised to be translated into Chinese but got canceled yesterday and screwing over a lot of Chinese people that pre-ordered based on that. So a lot of the negative reviews are "Great game, but no Chinese."

And the Chinese government forbids the Chinese people to use Steam's refunds policy? That's sad.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2016, 13:29 El Pit

theglaze wrote on May 24, 2016, 11:56:
El Pit wrote on May 24, 2016, 11:14:
RE article
Appletology will never fail! They just need their own Tom Cruise (maybe di Caprio can be hired?) for propaganda.

Oh man they are way ahead of you, Apple just signed on the Cookie Monster a couple months ago, seen here via YouTube.

The puppeteers behind the cookie monster are doing a better job than Tom Cruise's, I admit.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2016, 11:14 El Pit

AI is great! My next kickstarter project is a little AI project called sky.net

Please throw money at sky.net like it is the last thing you will ever do!

RE article
Appletology will never fail! They just need their own Tom Cruise (maybe di Caprio can be hired?) for propaganda.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 23, 2016, 15:05 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2016, 14:00:
My question is... why do you need security on a portable monitor that sits on your face?

Because Facebook and Valve both want to make their games exclusive for their mini lcd monitors - no matter how idiotic this move is. Both want their walled gardens with money plants showering sweet, sweet $$$ only over them, not over that other, counterfeit product.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2016, 13:08 El Pit

IgWannA wrote on May 23, 2016, 12:29:
Nullity wrote on May 23, 2016, 12:17:
IgWannA wrote on May 23, 2016, 10:18:
Only a 10% overclock? The 980 could OC by 15-20%.
I think you missed the fact that it's a 10% overclock on the stock air cooler - which is pretty decent. Of course it will be better once cards are released with better cooling features.

Also, as has been pointed out, some other sites got even more out of their review cards.

They tested the Founder's Edition, not the stock 1080.

The Founder's Edition IS the standard cooler card, isn't it?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse May 21, 2016, 10:57 El Pit

This Condom DMs Your Girlfriend When You Use It

I wonder why this kickstarter would never be funded...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 21, 2016, 02:18 El Pit

Probably the next step: If you buy a new 4K LCD by LG, you will not be able to play games produced for the 4k LCD by Samsung, because both companies support different gaming companies.

Oh, brave new world where the companies behind niche products try to minimize the already small target group! This will definitely help VR spread!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse May 20, 2016, 14:40 El Pit

Jagacademy wrote on May 20, 2016, 10:23:
Angry Troll Aliens from Venus pretending to be Men Are Sabotaging The Online Reviews Of TV Shows Aimed At Women to create controversy.

FTFY

News Comments > Battleborn New Character & Double XP Plans
4. Re: Battleborn New Character & Double XP Plans May 20, 2016, 02:57 El Pit

007Bistromath wrote on May 19, 2016, 22:56:
Battleborn doesn't even look bad, but releasing a new character this quickly after release seems like a pretty sad "please clap" moment after Overwatch completely trashed their sales despite not even being the same kind of game.

Overwatch has already been released in your area and it is outselling Battleborn?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2016, 17:04 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on May 18, 2016, 14:24:
sauron wrote on May 18, 2016, 10:41:
But you can't make an omelet without killing a few chefs, so...

Sounds like Hell's Kitchen

Let's all rent and watch "Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?" We know that it is Blue who is taking them all out!

Very funny movie, by the way.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
18. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 12:04 El Pit

bigspender wrote on May 17, 2016, 11:51:
Hmmm I haven't read all of the reviews, but seems like we're still not hitting 60fps on 4k resolutions yet

Either wait for the 1080 Ti in SLI (you're a big spender! ), or the 1180 Ti single card.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews May 14, 2016, 16:58 El Pit

Fantaz wrote on May 14, 2016, 16:41:
a Role Playing Game must conform to all of the rules mentioned here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

And what would you call Deus Ex if not an FPS with RPG elements? Pong with guns? Enlighten us, please.

Good to know that wikipedia is now the law of the gods of all gamemakers, and they shalt all be judged and punished according to wikipedia. Hilarious! Mwahaha

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 13, 2016, 12:20 El Pit

Creston wrote on May 13, 2016, 12:11:
Crap, MoO is coming out soon too? WHY IS MAY THE NEW XMAS??????

Meeeeerry XMAYS, Creston!

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 13, 2016, 11:07 El Pit

Redwood wrote on May 13, 2016, 10:30:
Thanks for the tip! I had just downloaded new drivers yesterday (dated 5/2) in anticipation of playing Doom. Fortunately, I saw this post before I installed those. Downloading now.

Smooth sailing with the new drivers or did nVidia include new hickups?

News Comments > Save 50%
23. Re: Save 50% May 13, 2016, 01:55 El Pit

50% = half

Blue just confirmed Half-Life 3!

News Comments > DOOM Trailers
31. Re: DOOM Trailers May 12, 2016, 12:14 El Pit

Creston wrote on May 12, 2016, 12:11:
nin wrote on May 11, 2016, 21:43:
snapmaaaaaap-nanananananana!

I'm not gonna lie, snapmap looks pretty brilliant.

It was the singleplayer gameplay videos and the snapmap idea that made me preorder!

News Comments > Dead Island Retro Revenge Announced
4. Re: Dead Island Retro Revenge Announced May 10, 2016, 11:11 El Pit

This is the best they came up with after rebooting the development of Dead Island 2? Wow. Dying Light must have made them REALLY afraid to compete.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2016, 14:50.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 10, 2016, 11:08 El Pit

Yes, VR is ruling the gaming world and here to stay. Laugh2  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 8, 2016, 11:27 El Pit

Slick wrote on May 8, 2016, 11:10:
-says the guy who's obviously never put one on.

The success of VR does not depend one ME, but VR products (hardware and software) being availabe at a price that the consumer desires and accepts. And that is why the hype stopped just seconds after it has begun.

I do not hate VR, but except for fanatics everyone could see that it is a niche market. But I am sure the next big thing is luring just around the corner after 3D and VR.

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo