Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2632 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored
2. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 25, 2017, 11:14 El Pit

Working title: Alien Frustration

Loved that game until the Alien got paranormal instincts and detected me wherever I hid. Then I quit and uninstalled. Don't tell me I am weak because I already know I can get frustrated with games after a long day at work if it gets too difficult. To each their own.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Starfighter Origins Tomorrow
10. Re: Starfighter Origins Tomorrow Apr 24, 2017, 13:18 El Pit

The graphics are pretty low quality, then again it is a "90's styled" space combat simulator by a small indie team. I will keep an eye on this. If the reviews are okay, I will bite!

Cue all Star Citizens saying "B... b... but... IMMERSION! SHINY GRAPHICS! LANDING ON PLANETS! EGO SHOOTER! MMO! PERSISTENT UNIVERSE! SCOPE OF PROJECT!" Star Citizen should have been either a Wing Commander or Privateer game updated with modern graphics. It would have been released by now and the studio could work on adding elements or building a MMO Privateer. This small indie group understood this and pulled it off! Is it a good game? We will see. But at least a finished game got released.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2017, 12:20 El Pit

Dacote wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 11:20:
JohnQP wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 10:09:

March for Science, a guaranteed republicon free event.

If there's anything about genetics or evolution, Democrats will be absent as well.
Those fact things like percentages are not in your favor. But keep trying, it's cute.
Significantly fewer Republicans believe in evolution than did so four years ago, setting them apart from Democrats and independents.

Well, Republicans make even me doubt evolution. I mean - evolution is about moving FORWARD as a species, right?

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
18. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 22, 2017, 11:46 El Pit

Bub wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 07:31:
I still bring out DOW I every once and a while. It was a nice RTS where most of the single player campaign let you proceed at your own pace, turtle down or blitz.

I stopped playing in the level where exactly this was not the case: play at your own pace. It was the level where you had to synchronously lead two different troops down two different paths. Too much stress for me in real time, I would have prefered such a mission in a turn based strategy game. Up to this mission, it was a very good RTS game, though.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 10:34 El Pit

Happy birthday, Evil Jack! Jack Nicholson turns 80 today. Time to watch one of his best movies: The Raven (1963) also starring Boris Karloff, Vincent Price, and Peter Lorre. Directed by the legendary Roger Corman!  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Announced
15. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Announced Apr 22, 2017, 05:32 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 05:23:
JediPunisher wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 22:17:
Looking forward to this reboot of the Call of Duty franchise.

I loved the early CoD games... before wall running, before jetpacks, before active camo, before they became sci-fi shooters.
Oh no, I just had a terrible thought... We might chase the enemy back in time to WWII, complete with our exosuits and rayguns. Undecided

Dieselpunk jetpacks and Tesla guns.

Great idea! Shared universes just like in the movie industry! Call of Duty: Wolfenstein! Doom: Dead Space! Sims: Command & Conquer!

SNCR: Duke Nukem 5: Star Citizen!

37. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 02:53 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 19:47:
I don't know about that. That's political shenanigans that I don't concern myself with. People can do whatever they want in that arena. I'll just stand way over here.

Not standing in the way of fascists is empowering them! Good job! This made great leaders like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, and so many others possible in the first place.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 02:48 El Pit

BobBob wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 19:32:
Sure, the planet will survive -- as a barren wasteland, devoid of all life -- but I'm sure it'll still keep orbiting the sun for another billion or so years. As I always like to say, "One man's paradise is another man's dead rock floating in space."

Life is an STD that is hard to get rid off! Evolution is a master at spreading this STD.

We have found life where we expected it to be impossible (e.g. close to black smokers). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcJlmpen4A0 I am sure that once life exists it is hard to get totally killed. Fungi, moss, lichens, bacteria - very hard to kill them all. But more complex lifeforms (especially those who cannot adapt very well to a changing habitat) will die much easier and earlier than simple lifeforms that adapt to almost every climate.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 02:39 El Pit

Dacote wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 21:45:
Strangely it will be the trash in space that will cause more harm than the trash on earth. Forever trapping us on this spinning blue ball, unless of course you're exceedingly rich.

Sorry, you are wrong. Ever heard about that "little" plastic problem in the oceans? BIG problem affecting all of us already. The (mostly illegal) export of trash into third world countries where it is just dumped even close to rivers and lakes turning them into liquid poison? Lead in the groundwater poisoning heaps of people? Chemicals in the water leading to very numbers of cancer disease? The burning of trash no matter how it pollutes air, water, farmgrounds, and so on? Just because we don't have as many problems in trash in first world countries it doesn't mean that we got an extreme problem with producing ridiculous amounts of trash and by that pollution.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Announced
10. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Announced Apr 22, 2017, 02:29 El Pit

Tyrric wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 23:41:
JediPunisher wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 22:17:
Oh no, I just had a terrible thought... We might chase the enemy back in time to WWII, complete with our exosuits and rayguns. Undecided

I can see an Advanced Warfare sequel now: Atlas invented a way to rip a hole in time, and they do so to save Jonathan Irons from falling to his death. Faced with the prospect of his former boss changing the timeline, Mitchell dives through the same time rift to save the day...

I liked the first two Terminator movies, too.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 17:22 El Pit

Beamer wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 17:14:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 15:44:

Edit: "you wouldn't get preachy about your anti-science." Wait a second. I never said anything about that. What does "anti-science" even mean?

"Global warming isn't a big deal because God will save the Earth!"

About as anti-science as it gets. Next, you'll tell us evolution is "just a theory."

Earth and life on earth will easily survive. Not all species, of course. Might be a VERY difficult time for mankind, but we will adapt. Because of our immense idiocy we will run into another brickwall one day, though.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 17:16 El Pit

Beamer wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 12:11:
Duuuuuude. You promised us you wouldn't get preachy about your anti-science.

He didn't end his post with "Hallelujah!", so...

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 17:14 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 11:53:
Case in point, Hitler, and the Nazis ended. The Witnesses continue to thrive in Germany. *drops mic*

But aren't Nazis (or actually fascists, radical nationalists) having a great comeback pretty much all over the world right now because so many people are afraid of globalization and therefore want their countries to be "strong" and "racially pure" again? You know, people who want to make their countries great again and have slogans like "{Name of country] FIRST!" and "Don't buy from non-americ... ehm... people from other nations!" and "Don't employ people from other nations" and so on. Some guy from Austria who ruled Germany for less than two decades had VERY similar ideas and slogans... Just sayin', bro!

Want to pick up that mic over there?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 21, 2017, 17:08 El Pit

I love regional pricing! I bought Apple shares for $1.50 per share in Malaysia.

Oh, wait, no, I did not. Somehow regional pricing does not apply to shares... Hm...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 17:06 El Pit

I hope the next X-Files season is actually good. I only liked the lizard man episode from the last "revival".  

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month
7. Re: Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month Apr 21, 2017, 17:04 El Pit

I liked both Two Worlds games and am looking forward to this. I would rather have a Two Worlds III, though.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 21, 2017, 09:12 El Pit

Great sense of humor of the Wyoming, Minnesota police department! Those police officers definitely know how to play the twitter game!  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 05:35 El Pit

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/advanced/1236001/man-smuggling-sperm-eggs-into-laos-arrested

I... just... ahahahahahaha!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 05:24 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 17:46:
Russia banned Jehovah's Witnesses for "extremist activities." They may be annoying, but "extremist"?

Of course, they are extremists! Just like every Russian democratic movement! Forbid them, lock them up! Long live tsar Putin! RUSIYE!!!

News Comments > ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released
8. Re: ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released Apr 19, 2017, 13:25 El Pit

Beamer wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 13:21:
El Pit wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 13:18:
Beamer wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 13:12:
El Pit wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 12:36:
I enjoyed the first Orcs Must Die! game a lot. Unfortunately the sequel was build with co-op in mind and gave the fans of the first game the finger in a way. If this F2P game is again single player oriented, I will give it a try.

The sequel played fantastic single player. I have never played these games multi, but 5 skulled every level in both games. The sequel is a much trickier and more fun game.

If you enjoyed running from one of the end to the other because you played the level alone instead of co-op, good for you. What levels with single player in mind should look like you could see in the first game.

It's an action puzzle game. Those levels required, y'know, action. And thinking.

So did the first. Remember? But the level design was much better because of not having co-op in mind. I will check out if this game later and then we will see.

2632 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo