Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2016, 17:25 El Pit

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 14:21:
Why in the world would you ever need 4 1080's in a SLI setting? I thnk 2 is overkill for the vast majority of games. I also think very few game developers are going to take the time to code and test for more than 2. More likely none will code for it.

When you design a game that would need such horsepower you greatly limit your audience. That is the last thing a game company wants.

It's a nerd thing. The more powerful cards you have in SLI, the bigger your dick is. You wish...

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On DOOM Multiplayer
28. Re: On DOOM Multiplayer Jun 9, 2016, 17:09 El Pit

sauron wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 16:10:
Razumen wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 15:36:
Tachikoma wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 14:59:
Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 12:16:
Darks wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 12:13:
Razumen wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 11:09:
Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:59:
Razumen wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:42:
Jagacademy wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 09:53:
It looks interesting, but not a fan of the Pinata effect of baddies exploding and raining health and armor.

Just use your imagination. Armor is pretty easy, you can collect it off of your fallen enemies. As for health, in a lot of fantasy lore, demon blood often gives power to those who consume it, so just imagine it is healing you after killing them.

If you don't use your imagination to explain things away, the overwhelming majority of Fantasy and Science Fiction makes no sense whatsoever.

No to mention armor doesn't drop off enemies unless you use a specific rune, and the health and ammo drops are pretty rare unless you use glory kills, which can be mostly ignored.

Not to mention the plot is that you were found imprisoned in Hell because you're basically a demon killer sent from the Heavens. That killing demons is what keeps you alive and fuels you for more killing demons makes sense.

I think most people disliked the concept when watching videos, but when actually playing, you come around quickly. It keeps the flow so wonderful.

The heavens? Nowhere does it imply that. The hyperbolic verse is just to show how much hell feared him. The general consensus is that the player character is either the Doom marine after he got stuck in hell after Doom 3 RoE (Or possibly Doom 2 if you fudge the ending a bit) or that he was the last member of those Templar knights avenging his fallen civilization (Or possibly both, the Doom marine might've joined up with them beforehand, as they'd have had the same goals).

The point is, Hell fears the Doom Marine. Hoorah!! Crush those Demons Marine!

And there's evidence that it's tied into something more.

Regardless, your character is a perfect demon killing machine, and that, for some reason, killing demons fuels you, kind of fits to make that true. The demons slaughtered so many by simply existing, and you basically do the same to them.

I don`t really have anything to say, just wanted to see if I can make this multi-reply post even bigger. I already had to scroll it down, even in fullscreen on a 27".

Come on folks. There really is no need for this.

Come on, it's 2016, you can't block progress man. /s

Not meaning to make the multi-reply post even bigger(! ). Anyhow, I rather like this game mechanic. After all, drinking the blood of mortals definitely makes one stronger (and is delicious), so it seems to make perfect sense.

It's an arrow! It is pointing at... THE SCROLL BAR!

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard
9. Re: Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard Jun 7, 2016, 02:42 El Pit

There will be an auction for all the stuff he left behind at ActiBlizz.  

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Revealed?
5. Re: The poster is a bit blurry Jun 7, 2016, 02:41 El Pit

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 02:33:
Linksil wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 00:25:
I'm REALLY hating this whole MS play store only games. Throw it on steam also and give people a choice at least.

Heh, so now you know how people who don`t use Steam feel

So I guess you only play games from GOG? Your choice is very limited, then.

RE DR4: I hope this time there are no time limits. I HATED those time limits, I love to explore.

News Comments > Battleborn Patched
2. Re: Stillborn Patched Jun 4, 2016, 07:02 El Pit

Did not help. Still dead. Gearbox: "We will do another Alien game very soon - we know what our fans really want!"  

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
33. Re: Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games Jun 2, 2016, 00:23 El Pit

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 18:51:
Ludomancer wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 17:22:
sometime in the last 3 years valve became the unofficial owner of gog. they were really successful in keeping it lowdown. gog should just be considered drm-free steam now. because most people have steam already, the software (steam) tracks (and takes action) with your gog libraries. its bad. i hope posting this lets some more independent, more free individuals verify it publicly.

Yeah, and my uncle works at nintendo!

And now we know your last name is Tendo!

News Comments > Blackwood Crossing Announced
3. Re: ckwood Crossing Announced Jun 2, 2016, 00:19 El Pit

Read all about ckwood at ue's News!  

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
5. Re: Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games Jun 1, 2016, 15:33 El Pit

It is a good offer by GOG. Of course, GOG gets a lot of information on its customers this way, too, by learning what games the customers bought on Steam instead of GOG and vice versa. This puts GOG in a position to check out the customers' reaction to its price politics and more. Pretty clever.  

News Comments > Dead Island Definitive Collection Released
3. Re: Dead Island Definitive Collection Released Jun 1, 2016, 01:59 El Pit

How dare they ask for $6 for two enhanced games? I mean we all got the Special Editions of e.g. Monkey Island and the Metro games for free? Right? RIGHT?!  

News Comments > PAYDAY 3 Confirmed; PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions End
2. Re: PAYDAY 3 Confirmed; PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions End May 31, 2016, 10:50 El Pit

Payday 3 - Now with bots that actually work! (Fineprint: Bots not included, bot slots can be bought via DLC - each bot slot just $9.99).  

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
4. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 10:47 El Pit

I will play this on hyper ultra settings once my 1080 is here! Looking forward to how Geralt's story ends. I hope he is more lucky than poor Luke Skywalker who was turned into Catweazle in Star Wars Episode VII.  

News Comments > Memorial Day Safety Dance
1. Re: Memorial Day Safety Dance May 31, 2016, 09:50 El Pit

In Soviet Russsia, Russia's Troll Army trolls YOU!  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
15. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 30, 2016, 12:55 El Pit

I have to try... I have to hold back... I will tell myself I only need a 1070... But then I hope that the 1070s will be sold out so that I will have to buy a 1080.

I am soooo weak.

News Comments > OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced
15. Re: OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced May 30, 2016, 12:53 El Pit

The voxel engine was revolutionary back then. The game itself was solid and had some great ideas. You could really feel that this was not a run-of-the-mill product but had a special European feel to it. I hope they can pull of an interestin reboot, hopefully with enhanced gameplay.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands
11. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expands May 28, 2016, 11:58 El Pit

Vall Forran wrote on May 27, 2016, 22:59:
Not fair! I'm moving to New Zealand and don't have access to my comp and HOTAS.

I have seen some stores with AMD 486 DX 40 for $1,500 - see? They got everything you need!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
61. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 28, 2016, 02:48 El Pit

nin wrote on May 27, 2016, 21:13:
August.

Kotaku... Here it is from Sony. August 9.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/no-mans-sky-ps4/

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: InSomnia (PC, Mac, Linux) by Studio MONO Kickstarter. Funded May 27, 2016, 08:48 El Pit

Are you kidding me? For about 60,000 they want to make a full single player RPG? Are they working with Malaysian codemonkeys that demand to get paid in bananas? Fishy... VERY fishy. Good luck to the developers in Samara, Russia!  

52. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 27, 2016, 04:45 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on May 27, 2016, 04:15:
On the other hand, the RSI website had the release of Star Citizen in 2015 for a couple of years. I think they finally took that page down though.

You need (new) glasses. The Star Citizen ad said 2051!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 27, 2016, 03:45 El Pit

Upgradeable machines with regularly upgraded, more powerful graphics and cpu? With keyboard and mouse support? Oh, my, somebody might even call it a PC!!!  

37. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 17:57 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2016, 17:33:
El Pit wrote on May 26, 2016, 17:28:
Cutter wrote on May 26, 2016, 17:06:
The difference between ETS2 and ED is at least there's stuff to see in ETS2.

What is ETS2?

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Thank you!

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo