Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2883 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
11. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 12:03 El Pit

The banks allege that they lent Moneual hundreds of millions of dollars because the manufacturer had shown that Newegg and ASI had made sizable orders. Both Newegg and ASI were in on the scheme, the banks say, because Moneual priced the computers that were supposedly ordered at 300 times their actual market value.

“No such business would have bought the products at such an inflated price, but we lent them money nevertheless. But now we want it back!"

This is what they should have written!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2017, 06:13 El Pit

Luke wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 04:32:
And steam so we can suck you dry for data while ye play our game...thank there....and the sheep's go Baaaahhhhhh

St. Luke preaching his gospel to his elected people. Preach, brother!

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Oct 24, 2017, 02:59 El Pit

"...people are simply becoming tired of single-player campaigns, even if they don't want to admit that to themselves."

Hilarious.

Gamer: "Hey, Destructoid, but I only play single-player games."
Destructoid: "Yes, because you don't want to admit to yourself that you rather want to play multiplayer games."
Gamer: "But why would I then not just play multiplayer games?"
Destructoid: "Because you don't admit it to yourself."
Gamer: "Uhm... Have you ever considered a therapy? I think you need lots of it. Years and years of therapy."
Destructoid: "No, but you want to play multiplayer games. WE know it. YOU don't."
Gamer: "Alright, nevermind."

I love my Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout (old AND new!), Divinity, Wolfenstein, Doom, GTA OFFLINE, and so on. And as long as people buy these games, they will get produced. Single-player games are about as dead as pc gaming is. PC gaming has been declared dead when? A decade ago or more? And it is still alive and kicking.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds TruePlay Anti-Cheat Software
13. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 10:34 El Pit

Luke wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 09:59:
El Pit wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 04:12:
Vio wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 02:17:
They just got to do it! How else are they going to force those micro transactions down your throat in a single player game?

What has cheating to do with selling DLCs again?

Try one more time and this time THINK

Ooooh, thank you. Now I got it: Windows 10 is DA EVIL! Android and iOS are GOD! WITCH HUNT!!! This is a "Bring your own pitchfork" party, I guess.

Sorry, I had to drink some KoolAid to THINK of this. I hate KoolAid.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds TruePlay Anti-Cheat Software
8. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 04:12 El Pit

Vio wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 02:17:
They just got to do it! How else are they going to force those micro transactions down your throat in a single player game?

What has cheating to do with selling DLCs again?

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Oct 20, 2017, 01:59 El Pit

Absolutely. Just like pc gaming has died a long time ago when the queston was "Is pc gaming diying?" Yes. There are no pc games anymore. Bummer.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout
6. Re: Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout Oct 19, 2017, 12:00 El Pit

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 11:46:
why do you feel these DLCs/expansions are nickle and diming you? I mean, especially in this one, there is a TON of content, they obviously spent a lot of hours into developing it?

Btw, the DLCs usually go on sale pretty heavily during Steam sales.

Because of the amount of DLCs that came out since release. On one hand, it is great that they keep working on the game, and of course the game IS really good, but on the other hand I am a completionist, and the approach these developers are taking is poison for me.

YMMV, of course. And again: great game, get it if you haven't yet. Just don't expect to ever get the final, complete game.

Also, on my side of the pond the DLCs are usually 25% or max 50% off for the older DLCs (there are so many of them - too many).

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout
3. Re: Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout Oct 19, 2017, 11:39 El Pit

I supported these guys by buying the base game early, but this flood of DLCs is close to that train game. Sorry, won't buy further DLCs and will be happy with the base game or will buy a complete edition in a few years or so. I am simply no fan of nickel and diming and will never support this approach.

Nevertheless, the base game alone is great and I don't feel I am missing out on something.

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Oct 18, 2017, 23:37 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 22:02:
Watched Hammer Films The Mummy last night on TCM. Got me all amped for some Egyptian stuff. Reminds me of when I was a kid and saw the King Tut exhibit at the ROM in 1979! That was still one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

Great Hammer movie! Go and watch The Mummy with Boris Karloff from 1932, too. Still a very good movie.

Yes, I am still thankful to a late aunt who dragged me along to watch the original King Tut exhibition. I was deeply impressed - what great things mankind achieved thousands of years ago!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 18, 2017, 23:31 El Pit

Man screaming: A SPIDER!!! A SPIDER IN THE BATHROOM!
His wife: I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Man: Fuckin' A!

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
53. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 23:28 El Pit

tk0121 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:05:
El Pit wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 13:21:
Activision, you should also get a patent on "virtual lube". Don't let your customers get shafted raw. Also: additional $$$ for virtual lube (sold in portions per multiplayer session for additional PROFIT!).

Yeah. Then they can use the lube for the virtual currency.

"Oooooh..... biggggg crate drop! I'll need a lot of lube for this!"

Next step: paid aimbot crates. You buy them, you open them in a multiplayer session, you use them, you win! LEGAL aimbots for additional profit! Everybody wins: the company, the gamer, well, not all gamers... Damned losers, buy your own aimbot crates NOW and RULE!

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
21. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 13:21 El Pit

Activision, you should also get a patent on "virtual lube". Don't let your customers get shafted raw. Also: additional $$$ for virtual lube (sold in portions per multiplayer session for additional PROFIT!).  

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
5. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 10:51 El Pit

TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:48:
I am highly disappointed in the comments section for this story thus far...

Well, I guess some people that have been around during the kickstarter have already died of old age, so you might want to excuse their absence from this talkback.

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
4. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 10:50 El Pit

Never gonna get it never gonna get it (En Vogue)  

News Comments > Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play?
19. Re: Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play? Oct 15, 2017, 02:25 El Pit

The multiplayer fps market is as saturated as the MOBA is. All kids go with the biggest game(s), all the others are left in the dust.
How about some great single-player fps, though? Too much work? There has always been a market for those, and except for Wolfenstein II coming up I can't think of any other REAL single-player game (i.e. not a multiplayer game with a tacked-on 3 hrs single-player campaign) being released in the near future.

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Delayed
2. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Delayed Oct 14, 2017, 16:51 El Pit

The age of Age of Empires hasn't come yet, it seems.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: CitizenCon 2947 Oct 14, 2017, 03:01 El Pit

The title of this ritual sect meeting includes the most realistic release date of the gold master.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 14, 2017, 02:59 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 22:57:
Choobeastia wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 21:27:
Why would anyone against online harassment be on Twitter in the first place?

That's a very victim blaming sentiment.

No, it's jut common sense. If you walk into a biker bar or enter some ghetto then the odds are pretty good some shit is going to go down and it's no one's fault but your own.

Exactly. Because the bikers or ghetto dwellers got every right to break the law... Oh, wait.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2017, 13:07 El Pit

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 12:07:
So, if you're capturing CO2 and injecting it into the ground where it turns into stone (Whaaaaaat??? ), wouldn't your injection site fill up fairly quickly? Confused

No, because stone in the ground will be declared a lie, too. The theory about mankind having anything to do with the petrification of earth is a LIE! Vote for Trump 2020! WIN!!!

In 30 years, scientists will declare that they have found a way to stop petrification: they have found a way to turn stone into CO2...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: The currency you’ll pay real money for in Star Wars: Battlefront 2... Oct 12, 2017, 13:45 El Pit

No, I won't.  

2883 Comments. 145 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo