Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2016, 15:35 El Pit

Man, that Quake thing makes me feel sooooo old. Friends made, friends lost since then, some fatally, some not.

Whatever, guys. Life happens (so does shit). Drink up, cheer up, enjoy life!

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: In other news.... Jun 22, 2016, 15:32 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 15:08:
Took longer then expected but I am officially a High School Graduate.

Graduation gifts should be limited to Steam Gift Cards, Alcohol delivered to my door, and a full body massage by Chris Evans (Captain America suit is optional, but must bring the shield).

Special thanks to Batz for all his help, support, and someone I could aspire to be like, especially after this last year.

Congratz for finally going FULL ELF!

What, you never, ever go FULL ELF? Whatever. Congratulations are in order, Mr. Elf.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
28. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 15:31 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 15:27:
Alamar wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 14:01:
Almost good enough... What's the point of having a limited time demo, on a game that's already complete?

When it's just like every other demo that exists forever, I'll consider trying it, at which point, they might even make another sale... Otherwise, I'll throw it on isthereanydeal.com and pick it up in 2-3 years... Also note, I don't care about the MP, so there's no rush to get in on that action...

That will show em. I'm sure id is quaking in their boots. (see what I did there)

You mean id is doomed?

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
16. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 14:36 El Pit

Task wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 13:34:
verybad1 wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:54:
Task wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:14:
potential moneymakers like MechWarrior

Thanks for the morning laugh!

A Next Gen MechWarrior 5 on PC and its Arcade sibling Mech Assault 3 on Console would sell like hotcakes. Quite the opposite of a laughing matter.

You asked for it, here it comes: MechWarrior 5 Online (multiplayer only game with MOBA elements, free to play with lots of microtransactions (better mechs, better guns, better armor, better shields - the free drops are all cosmectics)). Enjoy!

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
10. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 12:14 El Pit

Razumen wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 11:47:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 11:04:
The 23rd? Halflife 3 confirmed.

More like Half Life 2, Episode 3 confirmed

^^THIS!

As an exclusive Vive VR title!

Which would not help the Vive, but totally kill off the Half-Life franchise.

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
9. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 12:07 El Pit

GTA V for $14.99... Hey, come on, it is an old game now (with broken multiplayer thanks to cheaters)! One can dream, though.  

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Tomorrow
4. Re: Free Android game. Jun 15, 2016, 12:16 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 10:10:
Pre-orderers will get the EPO blood doping Android game for free.

The EPO dlc has not yet announced, so wait for it.
Comes with a Confession Show dlc featuring Oprah Winfrey!

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Tomorrow
3. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Tomorrow Jun 15, 2016, 12:15 El Pit

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 10:41:
Yeah, even as a cycling fan I have never understood the attraction to this "game". Whatever trips your trigger I guess... *shrug*

It's good for boasting!

"Baby, I'm a WINNER! I have von the Tour de France 37 times in a row!"
And "Baby" looked at the guy and saw a 5 foot 6 small guy weighing close to 230 lbs.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced
4. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced Jun 14, 2016, 11:51 El Pit

MDB wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 10:15:
What are they calling this in Japan? "Biohazard 7 biohazard"?

Biohazard 7: Resident Evil of course!

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March
9. Re: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March Jun 14, 2016, 08:09 El Pit

emgarf wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 07:34:
The only GR I enjoyed was the very first one - all the others got arcade-y.

I enjoyed them all and they (pc versions!) were absolutely not arcadey at all. Maybe you are confusing them with Rainbox 6 Vegas games?

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement
7. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 14, 2016, 00:39 El Pit

Ranger55 wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:38:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:34:
Question is can you play this WITHOUT VR?

Better question.... Can I play with Jeri Ryan?

You can play it ON her as long as you do not touch the red alert buttons!

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailers
4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Jun 14, 2016, 00:35 El Pit

Total hacks are working on this game!
Allthumbsup
SCNR

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Content Pack
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 Content Pack Jun 14, 2016, 00:15 El Pit

Is it officially in the Late Access program now?  

News Comments > Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
6. Re: Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Jun 14, 2016, 00:11 El Pit

Time is on my side, yes it is!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
35. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 14:38 El Pit

Comet wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 13:23:
I don't get it. What is it about SC that polarizes some people so much? What is it that makes people accept the ambitiousness of a game like GTA V but find it abnormal in SC?

Apples and oranges all over AGAIN. What is it that makes you blind?

GTA V is OUT. It has been released. And more than four other GTAs have been released before it. Also, it is not selling any episodic single player portions, is not selling CONCEPTS of future cars, copters, boats, and so on for real money. It is not made up of hundreds of huge galaxies cities in multiplayer mode with millions of people running, driving, flying at the same time through all those cities. The ambitions are much, MUCH smaller - and have already been realised. Not in a limited alpha, but in the release version. And it did not procedurally add "stretch goals" - they had a concept, worked on THAT concept, and delivered. Except for the horrible cheating problem in multiplayer, the game is solid.

And now please compare this to a limited alpha lacking dozens of stretch goals that have been promised. If you don't see the difference then, to quote you, "I don't get it."

But have your hope, your belief. Maybe something will get finished one day and will even be stable and interesting enough to make the supporters happy. I highly doubt it and everything to this point really is in support of the doubters, but I will not cry if RSI can finish and release a solid space game one day. And I will not feel a triumph if they (most likely) do not.

29. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 09:11 El Pit

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 08:21:
Reasoned responses are not welcome here, this is scam plz stfu

How about some reasoned questions then? Like when did ME4 or Witcher 3 become a MMORPG with persistent universe AND single player episodic gameplay? No? Apples and oranges?

And: Mass Effect FOUR - Witcher THREE - those numbers indicate that some games have been delivered before the current versions and must have been successful enough so that sequels have been produced.

Is there a Star Citizen 0? Is there any other game that has been finished and delivered by RSI?

You know what - forget it. This game has become a question of BELIEF more than anything else. But the number of believers is decreasing because the big miracle that has been promised (with a date) did not happen. It might happen one day, though, but the promise is so big it is hard to believe in for most and becomes harder to believe in even for some believers.

7. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 14:09 El Pit

Shouldn't this version be called something like alpha 0.2.4? Just saying.  

1. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 11:54 El Pit

Another decade or so, and a full alpha of the complete game (without all the stuff they dropped during development) should be available! REJOICE, PEOPLE!  

News Comments > Call of Cthulhu E3 Trailer
2. Re: Call of Cthulhu E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2016, 02:56 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 23:48:
Looks good. I'm still stoked mostly for Sinking City however.

Dig it.

Here’s A List of Eight Lovecraftian Inspired Games In Development Right Now

I doubt many of these projects will ever get finished/released. And some of those games are "inspired by Lovecraft" and not really based on his work. We will see.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 10, 2016, 05:14 El Pit

Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 23:23:
NetHead wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 22:43:
Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 19:43:
I've been thinking about buying a new rig, but don't really want to cough up $400 for a new GPU. I may just get a an RX 480 to put in my old one, and port my 970 to my new rig.

Curious why you would do that. The RX 480 should be better in every way compared to a 970, even in size unless it's a mini 970 (though there's every chance of mini 480's being released since the PCB is already so small).

Is it? Since they were saying it would be 70% worse than a 1080, I kind of figured it'd be at about the same level as a 970? I admit I really haven't seen any benchmarks.

If the RX 480 is better, I'll just plonk that in my main rig.

Depending on the game, the RX480 performance should be somewhere between a 980 and 970. So yes, plug it into the main rig.

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo