Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 4038 (Master)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Apocalypse
1. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 12:22 El Pit

I've seen 13 year old boys weaving in front of their parents' houses, pale, obviously stunned by the sunlight that is unknown to them. I've heard about YouTube streamers being so desperate that they even consider looking for REAL WORK! I've seen dogs and cats living together, rivers and seas boiling, brimstone coming down from the skies! And I knew this is either Judgment Day... or the Fortnite servers went down, so the zombie kids suddenly got a heartbeat and very basic brain functions back.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > blitzchung Speaks Out
4. Re: blitzchung Speaks Out Oct 13, 2019, 15:47 El Pit

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

So much about "freedom of speech".

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties
31. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 13, 2019, 02:54 El Pit

I wonder if they would have punished him for saying e.g. "Make America Great Again"...

I doubt it.

News Comments > Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store
15. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 11, 2019, 07:31 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 23:04:
Flatline wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 18:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 17:08:
After this week, now I feel this deal has China's grubby hands in it, putting us to sleep before the coup de grace.

It all makes sense now! China will win the trade wars with Trump by... giving free games away on EGS...

Step One: Give away games
Step Two: ???
Step Three: MURDER THE WORLD!

But I don't wanna be murdered

NOT EVEN FOR FREE GAMES?! Wtf

C'moooon, follow us to the white van for some free sweets! Dunce

Honestly, I got no problem with Epic games store. All publicly owned companies sold shares to other companies and people you don't know about and don't WANT to know about. Money goes to good and evil people - directly or indirectly. This is how our world works.

News Comments > WBIE and IO Interactive Deal
2. Re: WBIE and IO Interactive Deal Oct 11, 2019, 07:21 El Pit

Bill Borre wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 17:32:
Batman: Assassin
Batman: Victor Zasz? I'm totally down for such a game!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2019, 13:07 El Pit

Happy anniversary, Blue's News! Wow, you have GROWN!  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash
11. Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash Oct 9, 2019, 12:37 El Pit

Freedom of Speech PROFIT$ !!!  

News Comments > No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2
4. Re: No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2 Oct 7, 2019, 11:57 El Pit

Try Steam. It won't hurt. You can buy stuff from BOTH - there is no law forbidding this. But please try to buy from GOG first, if a game is available on this store, too. UPlay is alright, too. But Origin is the devil. Never buy from Origin or you will kill a young kitten and sacrifice its soul to Lou Cyphre himself. So unless you are an evil dog, don't buy from Origin, or kitten = Dead and Lou Cyphre will look like this Devilish

Just joking, Slick. Just joking.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2019, 15:21 El Pit

If a paid expansions to a F2P game and an incredibly expensive piece of hardware and small games make the Steam top 10, is it safe to say that Epic is pretty successful at making Steam sell a LOT less than ever before? And in maybe screwing Steam customers out of the games they bought there if Steam should wind down one day? Uhoh Uneasy  

News Comments > Frogwares Game Delisting Follow-up
12. Re: Frogwares Game Delisting Follow-up Oct 6, 2019, 11:53 El Pit

However, this will be most congenial, best, and absolutely perfect impeachment ever! Like everything Mr. Superlative is involved with. Mwahaha  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 02:25 El Pit

In our times of the "dictatorship" of political correctness, a series like Monty Python's Flying Circus would never get produced. Here's to all the wonderful (now old) blokes who gave us the most funny and witty circus acts ever!  

News Comments > House of the Dead Remakes Confirmed
1. Re: House of the Dead Remakes Confirmed Oct 4, 2019, 03:42 El Pit

Uwe Boll, this means we need a remake of your movie, too! Make it happen, movie god!  

News Comments > ArenaNet Co-founder Departs
7. Re: ArenaNet Co-founder Departs Oct 4, 2019, 03:31 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Oct 4, 2019, 00:26:
Cram wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 21:02:
This is pretty big in the GW2 circle. He was the glue holding this game together, director or not, during the many weird things that has happened over the years. The fallout in the community won't be pretty; the uncertainty in the games future is immeasurable.

People said the same thing when lead concept artist Kekai Kotaki departed. Nothing happened.
People said the same thing when the replacement lead concept artist Daniel Dociu left. Nothing happened.
People said the same thing when community manager lead Gaile Gray left. Nothing happened.
People said the same thing when lore builder and writer Jeff Grubb left. Nothing happened.
People said the same thing when narrative director Ree Soesbee left. Nothing happened.
People said the same thing with game director Colin "trademark smile" Johanson left. Nothing happened.
See the pattern?

Mike said in his message, "Two years ago, when I transitioned away from the Guild Wars 2 game director role to focus on new product development." For the past two years, the game was in the hands of other people. What are the results? My personal opinion is The Path of Fire expansion was significantly better than Heart of Thorns. Today's Living World content is much better is scope, scale, and story, than past living world seasons. All of this happened progressively despite the absence of the significant players above; MO included.

As long as Mike Zadorojny and his team don't do something foolish, the game's trajectory is good. The real concern is NCSoft. They hold Arenanet's keys. If Arenanet isn't meeting NCSoft's goals, NC has the power to close the studio. If that happened, that would suck.

Anyhow, that's my assessment of GW2 both as a fan and looking at all the various pieces in play.

My problem right now (and I am still playing it every 3rd of 4th day of a week) is that the dragon story is actually done now. The big bad dragons are dead and Aurene is the new supreme dragon and, thanks to us, a friend and protector of all races. But now there is again a NEW bad dragon? C'mooooooon... They really should have tried something new with e.g. a tension between the races because of their very different world views and religions or something. Or a totally new danger coming from another continent and trying to invade Tyria - which would have been a nice way to introduce Guild Wars 3. Then again, there won't be a Guild Wars 3 ever. The staff working on it has been fired or decided to leave NCSoft/ArenaNet. So now ArenaNet wants to keep GW2 going with minimal changes and maximal profits for another few years. They URGENTLY need a new different threat featured in a new, big expansion or GW2 will slowly fade away.

News Comments > Martha is Dead Announced
4. Re: Martha is Dead Announced Oct 2, 2019, 16:46 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2019, 16:08:
"Martha is Dead Unearthed."

"I've had it with these Marthaf#cking super heroes in this Marthaf#cking movie universe!"

News Comments > EVERSPACE 2 Kickstarter
1. Re: EVERSPACE 2 Kickstarter Oct 2, 2019, 11:16 El Pit

I wanted to support them but unfortunately they ask for 40 for the game. This means I will rather wait for the finished product and reviews. 30 would have been the sweet spot for me. Sorry, guys, but good luck. I will buy this if it gets released and has some good reviews.  

News Comments > Tencent Acquires Funcom Stake
3. Re: Tencent Acquires Funcom Stake Sep 30, 2019, 13:36 El Pit

Being owned and destroyed by US hedge funds is soooo much better than by their Chinese counterpart! Right, guys? Guys? Hello?!  

News Comments > Bobby Prince Sues Valve, Gearbox, and Randy Pitchford
6. Re: Bobby Prince Sues Valve, Gearbox, and Randy Pitchford Sep 30, 2019, 13:27 El Pit

...and let's sue Valve because... THEY GOT MONNEEEEEHHHHH!!!

Dear Mr. Prince - this edition is still available right now at G2A and Kinguin - SUE THEM!
(And I will order LOTS of popcorn and will wait for what happens - I somehow have to think of rolling tumbleweed right now... Hmmmm...) Popcorn

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 27, 2019, 18:47 El Pit

And all people working crunch time in Vietnam will be nineteen... na-na-na-na-na-nineteen.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Rise of the Ghosts Rises
1. Re: RAGE 2 Rise of the Ghosts Rises Sep 27, 2019, 02:11 El Pit

I wonder how many potential buyers they lose by making expansions available for their fantasy currency only. It is a stupid move that others have tried before and failed (e.g. Bioware points).  

News Comments > Modern Warfare Spec Ops Survival Mode Exclusive to PS4 Until October 2020
8. Re: Modern Warfare Spec Ops Survival Mode Exclusive to PS4 Until October 2020 Sep 25, 2019, 05:50 El Pit

What an Epic deal by Activision and Sony!  

4038 Comments. 202 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo