Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael

Real Name Michael   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Efflixi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 9189534
Description
Homepage http://www.efflixi.net
Signed On Nov 13, 2000, 02:03
Total Comments 395 (Amateur)
User ID 7788

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM III Announced
9. Scared? May 3, 2002, 10:53 Efflixi

Doom 2 (i never played the first one) was the first and ONLY game to ever truly scare me. I can only hope that id brings back everything that made the original so groundbreaking.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > C&C Renegade Patches
14. wtf? Mar 15, 2002, 06:49 Efflixi

I run the patch and it tells me it cant find the old file but that another file with the same name was found. Then it says it cant update. Wtf? Do i need to bring this game back and get my money back?

News Comments > Opposing Force Dedicated Server
4. Re: </B>!!!! Mar 14, 2002, 21:42 Efflixi

A bit quick to the gun eh?

I've been coming here for 4 years and Blue & and his crew have made VERY few mistakes like that. In fact i can only think of 3 times. Considering how much content they post and that at the moment its only two of them (i think) they are doing exceptional IMO.

News Comments > Warcraft III Collector's Edition
11. Well... Mar 6, 2002, 08:32 Efflixi

I bought the Diablo II Collector's Edition. That thing was sweet! It even came with a table-top RPG version of Diablo II. I wasn't selected to be in the beta test for warcraft 3 so im not sure if i'll like it or not. I'll have to wait for a few reviews of the full game to make my decision. I had been in the Diablo II Stress Test and i love it SO much i spent $70 on the collectors edition and considering i have logged well over 300 hours of game play with it i think it was money WELL spent.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. first post Mar 2, 2002, 09:19 Efflixi

LOL, well i get some of those too, and im nowhere near your godly webmaster status.

As for the guy who fell on his coffee mug, DAMN... what a way to go.

-edit-
I can't spell either

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 09:21.

News Comments > Serious Sam: Second Encounter Demo
41. Re: ummm Dec 13, 2001, 15:06 Efflixi

Thunderbird 1.2GHz
640MBs RAM
Win2K
SB Audigy
GeForce 2 Ultra
1600x1200x32bit

Runs smooth for me.... update your drivers maybe?

News Comments > Serious Sam: Second Encounter Demo
12. Re: Wow Dec 11, 2001, 17:19 Efflixi

"Croteam Owns!" - Serious Sam

I cant think of a better phrase to explain my thoughts about this. I will certainly be buying this game!

45. Re: Not gamers Dec 10, 2001, 23:00 Efflixi

#24:
Well i remember trying get that extra 10K out of the base 640K just so i could play the damned game! Anyone who hasn't stayed up half the night fiddling with memory managers (oh god... himem.sys config.sys oi) isn't a real gamer!

3. Re: Geek score Oct 25, 2001, 09:40 Efflixi

I AM 63% GEEK.

Nerd, Freak, Geek, Dweeb. Sound familiar?
That's okay, cause I will be the richest
person at my 15th year high-school reunion.
If a "con" isn't happening that weekend.

WOOT!
I think its the fact that i own 6 computer, all of which are funtioning and turned on at this moment that made me so high... LOL
This comment was edited on Oct 25, 09:47.

News Comments > Three id Collections Released
31. Re: id collection Oct 10, 2001, 15:04 Efflixi

How could i forget Spear of Destiny?! I liked that more than Wolfenstein. I vaguely remember Catacomb 3D but i've never heard of Hovertank.

News Comments > Three id Collections Released
29. Re: id collection Oct 10, 2001, 14:15 Efflixi

What they should really do is just put everything id Software has ever made under that name, put it into a single box and price it around $80.

Lets see if i can rattle off most of their games from memory.

(in chronological order)
Commander Keen series
Wolfenstien 3D
Doom
Doom II
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 3: Arena

They should put all offical expansion packs as well as all commercially available packs. Things like, Maximum Doom (which had 3000+ additional home made levels for Doom and Doom II) but with no paper manuals only CD manuals (to save on manufactoring and weight).

All the Keen games and Wolfenstien plus manuals would fit on 1 cd. Both Doom games would fit on 1 CD. The expansions and extra levels for the Doom games would fit on another. Quake + original soundtrack by NIN will taken up 1 cd, and so would Quake 2. Each mission pack for both quakes (2 mission packs per game) would take an additional cd. Quake 3 takes one cd and so does Team Arena.

Let's see: Thats a total of 11-12 CD's. Would you buy all that knowing that you would get every single Id game ever made legally? I would...

News Comments > Wolfenstein MP Test Released
175. My two gripes Sep 21, 2001, 13:24 Efflixi

I downloaded and played.... everything runs fine here on my 1.2GHz Tbird with GF2 Ultra (nothing overclocked). My only two problems are the idiots who run a 32 player server on a 128K upload capped cable modem, and the fact that 90% of the servers have friendly fire (where u can hurt/kill teammates) on. I found a good server HomeLan that has a good connection and no FF. All of HomeLan's servers are sweet. From Tribes 2 to Serious Sam all they're servers are nice. I'd suggest u guys finding professional servers. Not some newbie idiot running one on his capped cable modem.

Top piece of advice: STAY AWAY FROM ANY SERVER BEGINING WITH THE IP ADDRESS "24.x.x.x"!!!! 99% of the time thats a cable modem. (the other 1% its a server at a cable company ISP and has very nice connections)

News Comments > Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
15. WOW! Sep 20, 2001, 22:50 Efflixi

Ok, i'll be first in line to get this game. I loved the first one. Hell, i still play the first one! But i do see one problem. Those trees look like ass! They're 2d sprites fitted onto a 3d model. C'mon Croteam... your level design is incredible, your character/enemy models are sweet, why the hell cant you build some decent looking trees!!! Other than that i will LOVE this game.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 22:50.

News Comments > More on Max Payne Patch
26. Re: Warez Aug 2, 2001, 12:34 Efflixi

ATTENTION: Fry's Electronics has a special going on right now, Max Payne WITH mousepad for $33!!! They've also got LOD for $20.
This comment was edited on Aug 2, 12:35.

78. About the Ad's Jul 26, 2001, 16:23 Efflixi

I've been dedicated to coming here for over 3 years. On most sites i hate popup ads. But here, i can deal with them to help ya out. I didn't read all 4 pages of replies on here so im sorry if im missing something. Otherwise, ROCK ON!

395 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo