Descending
Limit Results:

41 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Got Spyware?
Sep 4, 2002, 11:58
Re: Got Spyware? Sep 4, 2002, 11:58
Sep 4, 2002, 11:58

Wow! I didn't believe you at first. But after the whole OOTB reminded me that it was time to Run my hard-drive through the Ad-Aware ringer I realized that something uninstalled mine too! Crazy...

I find a really easy way to get rid one of the most common net ads is to jsut uninstall SaveNow. It sounds important, but it's ad-ware that piggybacks on almost everything... uninstalling cut my ads in half back before it was enough of a problem for me to get Ad-Aware.

Does anyone remember back when Gator was actually a decent program that had no ads? Wayyy back before it grew into the spawn of satan it is now...

-Heatwave (Who after putting it off for almost a year is finally forced to get around to retrieving his password today in light of the recent Anon crisis )

-Heatwave
(Apologies for wasting anyones space or time with this message.)

Monkeys!! Monkeys!!
Feb 4, 2002, 01:12
Monkeys!! Monkeys!! Feb 4, 2002, 01:12
Feb 4, 2002, 01:12

Hooray for monkeys!!!!

(come on people lighten up)

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

Re: Lineweaver
Feb 1, 2002, 18:10
Re: Lineweaver Feb 1, 2002, 18:10
Feb 1, 2002, 18:10

Got it. Brad Linaweaver co-wrote the Doom novels with Daffyd ab Hugh. Who is a pseudonym for someone, and writes Star-Trek books that are actually cool and appealing to everyone.

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

Re: No subject
Feb 1, 2002, 18:07
Re: No subject Feb 1, 2002, 18:07
Feb 1, 2002, 18:07

!!!!!!!!

Genius!!!!
*passes level 59*
!!!!
also noone forget: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?savefg2&23301

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

Lineweaver
Feb 1, 2002, 11:52
Lineweaver Feb 1, 2002, 11:52
Feb 1, 2002, 11:52

Charles Lineweaver...
Lineweaver...where have I heard that name...seems to remind me of something relevant...a name that I should remember... This is going to bother me all day... so if anyone remembers who he is lemme know...

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

M&Ms
Jan 31, 2002, 00:00
M&Ms Jan 31, 2002, 00:00
Jan 31, 2002, 00:00

When blue won we got the ... well I gues she could be referred to as the "sexual chocolate" female M&M character (I apologize to anyone who knows that reference, WWF is to your brain what candy is to your teeth).

So...my question is...what do we get if purple wins?

And I really wish my windows media player didn't just sit there and say "buffering" and actually play movies off the net for once...

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

Calm th F*** down
Oct 21, 2001, 03:45
Calm th F*** down Oct 21, 2001, 03:45
Oct 21, 2001, 03:45

It's a demo! Calm down people, it's just a damn demo.
*cue sarcasm*
"I've got an idea let's all decide not to buy the full game on no reason other than the early test sucks. And what's more, let's totally bash the game company that made it justbecause tehy say they'r going to use patches!!! OMG!! patches!! in a computer game!!! how dare they!!! we should suddenly decide to be fed up with them and crush this developer!!! And we could even stop playing Quake3A because way back when, the Q3test went through a lot of revisions. It's a good thing that monolith is around to remind us not to play Q3A!!!"
*end sarcasm*
I'm as fed up with patches as the rest of you but, god, take it out on something that deserves it(anyone remeber Quake2? or as I like to call it "the mother of all patched games") or the gaming community as a whole. Don't single out these guys just because tehy said "demo" instead of "test".

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

Save Now
Oct 16, 2001, 08:57
Save Now Oct 16, 2001, 08:57
Oct 16, 2001, 08:57

A few months back someone posted information about the ad program "Save Now" that installed tself with a lot of programs basically just to be annoying. I promptly uninstalled it...or at least i think that's all I did...
My problem is that a friend of mine acted on my advice and uninstalled hers. Now she can't run KaZaa. Anyone care to explain to me if I forgot anything? or is she just stupid and unable to uninstall things right?

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

Re: Bah
Oct 2, 2001, 17:50
Re: Bah Oct 2, 2001, 17:50
Oct 2, 2001, 17:50

Ok quick comparison, Resident Evil Movie - Alone in the Dark movie...

which would more people have heard of
Yes Alone in the Dark recieved higher acclaim...and I'm sure most everyone reading this will agree its the better of the two...but that's called cult status.

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

*sigh*
Oct 2, 2001, 16:03
*sigh* Oct 2, 2001, 16:03
Oct 2, 2001, 16:03

This is like deleting the records of my favorite era of gaming history...Back then I accessed CDrom.com almost daily...well it's a good thing I'v got those 2 gigs of zip disks in my desk...God I miss the classic Quake dev community...

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

UQC?
Oct 2, 2001, 15:40
UQC? Oct 2, 2001, 15:40
Oct 2, 2001, 15:40

I don't know how I missed this...but what's the Ultimate Quake Collection(other than the two gigs of zipdisks in my desk...god I miss the classic Quake dev. community) and where can I find it?
-Heatwave

-Heatwave

What the Hell?
Oct 2, 2001, 15:37
What the Hell? Oct 2, 2001, 15:37
Oct 2, 2001, 15:37

I mean...god... if you're going to do an Alone in the Dark movie and not make it about the first game...
What's the point!? why not just make a Resident Evil movie and have umpteen more people recognize it?!
For that matter why not just make a generic survival/horror/adventure/island flic?!
Not that I'd actually pay money to see any of these sarcasm-filled examples...
-Heatwave

-Heatwave

Mysth
Sep 28, 2001, 13:05
Mysth Sep 28, 2001, 13:05
Sep 28, 2001, 13:05

That mistake has been made far too many times...i remeber one notable occaision when it was stated that the next Fallout game would resemble Myth.
Consequently the Interplay, Black Isle, and No Mutants Allowed message boards were flooded by enraged dyslexics...
-Heatwave

-Heatwave

The Quake Stomping Grounds
Sep 22, 2001, 19:00
The Quake Stomping Grounds Sep 22, 2001, 19:00
Sep 22, 2001, 19:00

Stomped was the site that introduced me to Quake, and by way of Quake every other game. I remember that I found it featured in some mainstream magazine.
Am I the only one who just realized that there was a difference between Redwoods' Quake News and Stomped?

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

hmm...change of subject...
Aug 16, 2001, 15:23
hmm...change of subject... Aug 16, 2001, 15:23
Aug 16, 2001, 15:23

What are the...umm...rankings for the number of posts made by an individual?

I've been wondering this for a while and I assumed that after so many posts have been made the rank would change.
I looked up fairly regular posters such as -the dude-, the antielvis, even Blue.
and the most posts by one person I can find is shul with 90 some yet he's still a "bearcub".

-Heatwave

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 15:31.
-Heatwave

Flame: 1000 times goodbye
Aug 16, 2001, 13:13
Flame: 1000 times goodbye Aug 16, 2001, 13:13
Aug 16, 2001, 13:13

Barring the obvious "your a communist ass hole" stuff...

*Cue Sarcasm*
Yeah that's a great idea!!!
Let's make Blues hit count go down so he has to either put another ad on the site, shut down the site, or allow Franz to leave for Old Man Murray...

Those New ads are just horrible...my god...when i first saw the skyscraper I just flipped out cuz of the whole extra 3 seconds it took to load(after the rest of the page was loaded mind you) and I was all like "huh...that's cool"
can you tell how much I was flipping out!
I also can't believe how Blue and Franz and Loony
are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us with this huge bombardment of ads!!

*cut sarcasm momentarily*
Did anyone else not even notice that bluesnews had ads the first few times they came here?
*return to sarcasm*
I for one will not rest until everyone responsible for brutally forcing me to view obtrusive "find your old classmates ads"(etc...) are living in a van down by the river!!
And one more thing b4 I stop being all sarcastic here:
Communism Works!!! and UGO rules!!!!

*End Sarcasm*

Moron...

the only time anyone should have ever had a problem with the way this place was run was the diehard pop-up...and not only was that unintentional...but it lasted a whole...what was it 2? days.

I do think you should take a stand...in the corner(hahaha...sorry that was bad but I couldnt resist)
idiot...

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

Just dont forget the face of your father
Aug 16, 2001, 02:31
Just dont forget the face of your father Aug 16, 2001, 02:31
Aug 16, 2001, 02:31

Figures...I skip checking Bluesnews for one day...I'm bound to be the last person to find out about something huge...

After Quake hit I started reading Planetquake pretty regularly, and after the Blue Planet I was introduced more formally(I'd been there once or twice) to Bluesnews. Shortly after the Q2 point release I realized that while it was still there, there was just something lacking in the Q2 community that just couldnt measure up to Q1... It just didn't feel the same... and so I began checking bluesnews almost exclusively to the point where I found myself oneday say "Hey... what's with Gamespy doing things other than server browsing?"
Well my point is(my bad if the chronology is off)I started regularly reading Blues at the same time that some guy from an online magazine that had something to do with Bluesnews as far back as I could remember, started doing updates. So now...
it's gonna be weird...
and I don't know who's gonna correct my Stephen King comments now...
And we're losing a younger and more American perspective than the other two.
It's really freaky to go on the shack and see this jason bergman guy making updates (props on keepin the lowercases though )
and to be honest...I've always hated the shack(but that's just my opinion so don't flame me )
And as far as the Oscars go... I can't see any real reason why they can't still be here... can anyone else?

Just two questions:
Any chance of having all the UGO stuff explained in present detail and all in one place?

And will this mean we're finally going to see more Xiamphs(its been awhile and I'm going from memory) overtures?

But I digress(majorly, sorry)... you will be missed man... and I hope a way can be found to bring you back from this "part-time position". (*cough* weasel out of UGO contract *cough*)
*sigh* I usually hate it when 80+(iv been typin a while so who knows) ppl write huge msgs on the board.
But you deserve it man. Best of luck to all.

-Heatwave

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 02:42.
-Heatwave

Re: To # 3
Jun 23, 2001, 04:09
Re: To # 3 Jun 23, 2001, 04:09
Jun 23, 2001, 04:09

heh...You know...when I wrote that, somehow I knew you were going to respond... and specifically to that point no less.

But I suppose I should have clarified I knew that it had outsold the original. As you said it's a completely safe assumption. I was simply referring to a fair comparison of time as well. I kindof rushed htat post out at the time and I didn't feel like fleshing everyhting out. Even now I'm not all together as it's 4AM and I'm still a little...umm...tipsy...in fact I'm only writing this to try to wait a few minutes to untipsy myself that much more before I sleep. And as I said my point's still made.

-Heatwave
(and oddly enough that was me that made the very unfunny (I'm still sorry) comment about the Dark Tower series way back around christmas or something that we went back and forth with for a bit.)
...what the...what the hell...It's a pop-up ad about tombraider the movie...the first game was awesome...the new ones all suck...oh screw it i cant handle this right now...night... or morning... whichever you prefer...

-Heatwave

Re: To # 3
Jun 22, 2001, 12:46
Re: To # 3 Jun 22, 2001, 12:46
Jun 22, 2001, 12:46

<<Besides that, would you expect an author, say like Stephen King, to release every draft copy of every book he ever wrote ? >>

Are we both thinking about the same Stephen King?
The man whos released an unedited version of The Stand and actually outsold the origional?(at least im assuming by now...so feel free to correct, my pts stil made)
Who is actually known to write up most of a manuscript and only pick it up again 2-10 years later?
Look up the fantasy compilation Legends on Amazon.com and count how many reviews seem primarily concerned with the short story from The Dark Tower. (at least they were last year...)

yeah im pretty much just bitching bout nothin... but u need a better example...;)

and the new boards r sweet but what are the little red dots next to some of the counters on headlines?

-Heatwave

-Heatwave

Re: Completely Unrelated..
Jun 20, 2001, 13:17
Re: Completely Unrelated.. Jun 20, 2001, 13:17
Jun 20, 2001, 13:17

Thank you both.

I've been trying to find out exactly what it does for over a month now. I installed through imesh, and since there was absolutely no documentation or warning, I simply assumed that it had something to do with imeshs resumable downloads. I've been noticing a drain on my cpu about every 3 seconds or so lately. I chalked it up to a hard drive problem but hadnt been able to find a problem. Its been slowly driving me insane.
So thank you both for having the guts to be completely unrelated.

-Heatwave

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 13:26.
-Heatwave
41 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older