Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KilrathiAce

Real Name KilrathiAce   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KilrathiAce
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.eaglespeak.us/
Signed On Oct 12, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1726 (Pro)
User ID 7413

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
74. Re: Roberts: Nov 19, 2013, 10:14 KilrathiAce

Careful with ordering 290x cards currently make sure you get it from place with GOOD RMA and make sure you test the card as soon as you get it. Why?

Because a large number of early r9 290x have weird black screen crashes, just google it and you will find many threads on popular sites about it. So far sapphire support did aknowledge it but they are waiting for AMD to come up with more information on the topic.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances
27. Re: AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances Nov 9, 2013, 02:32 KilrathiAce

I have 6990 but I have 290x coming to me next week. In my case I never have need to run my fan higher than 56% speed(gpu never goes over 70C) on my 6990. I do have a good cooling on cpu and case itself though.

So basically with the newer drivers I suspect I bet I will be able to stick to about same fan speed 56% on 290x and not get it too hot I will report next week.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
60. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 5, 2013, 05:12 KilrathiAce

This would be very bad news for AMD/ATI if this succeds as then most game development with regards to PC would be tailored more for nvidia tech than amd as far as drivers/hardware etc... SO in a way if this succeeds it will kill the GPU competition on PC I fear. Less competition is always bad for consumer in the end especially PC user.  

News Comments > Valve Remains Bullish on Linux
20. Re: Valve Remains Bullish on Linux Sep 17, 2013, 00:56 KilrathiAce

Hey Gabe, people want half life 3, stop your jibberish about operating systems and future and get to work.  

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Open Beta
10. Re: Silent Hunter Online Open Beta Sep 16, 2013, 20:55 KilrathiAce

garbage  

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
53. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 02:34 KilrathiAce

Nice way to generate even more buzz...how? a leak.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk
26. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk Aug 17, 2013, 06:12 KilrathiAce

"Awful animation and graphics, low fps even on hi-end PC, no sane AI at all, terrible sound effects and music (in menu, because there is no ingame music). Developers took Unity engine, balanced game system from SH, made about 5 ugly 3d models and textures and now want 30$ for it. The only selling point of this game is WH40k theme. Without it this game would be completely worthless, and literally nobody will buy it.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Announced
9. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Announced Aug 17, 2013, 06:10 KilrathiAce

These companies count on sales because of w40k, where in reality its just garbage that would never sell a single copy otherwise.  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced
8. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced Jul 30, 2013, 02:58 KilrathiAce

Numinar wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:52:
I think their Modern Warfare spinoff kick-starter died in the ass. At least they get to keep making games!

Actually no. Their original game Call to Arms is in development and actually mowas 2 is helping them as its used to upgrade the engine along with mowas 2 development.

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced
7. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced Jul 30, 2013, 02:56 KilrathiAce

This is developed by DMS, the developer that was responsible for most of oriignal men of war and assault squad. All the other mow games were quite bad and not developed by DMS.

Please remmeber that there are plenty of very good mods out for assault squad for single player and coop, but installing them manually was painful... HOWEVER with assault squad 2 it looks like steam support will also allow steam workshop and easy installation. This will be big for the game.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released
52. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released Jul 25, 2013, 00:29 KilrathiAce

Sad that people actually bought this game and now even DLC came.... guess nowdays anyone will play garbage as long as it has some license or related to a movie franchise.  

News Comments > LoL Players Athletes
10. Re: LoL Players Athletes Jul 13, 2013, 06:31 KilrathiAce

LOL

All I could think of when I read this: "The United States government recognizes League of Legends pro players as professional athletes and award[s] visas to essentially work in the United States under that title"

was.... LOL are you kidding me.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced
14. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 29, 2013, 08:52 KilrathiAce

Was hoping this was some meaningful w40k game coming... until I read actual announcement...nothing here to see.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 17, 2013, 19:04 KilrathiAce

PC aint dead, but windows 8 is horrible.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light HUD "Fix" Inbound
64. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 16, 2013, 05:53 KilrathiAce

Prez, problem is the game has major issues on AMD hardware and on twitter I get answers like "hey its amd fault their cards suck" or "this game was made for nvidia deal with it"

Its really annoying thats all there is to it.UPDATE= They released a patch that supposed to fix issues on ATI cards which is good news but I havent had time to test or read comments about it yet

As for the problems with design of the game and FOV situation, this is result of console design, they only thought of FOV changing after the design, engine and game was all complete it seems. In terms of PC game development this is a major mistake especially when it comes to engine development. Why should one care? Because the FOV in game is just awful you could get dizzy.

Of course this game and developers are worthy and doing great job for their budgets etc.... but doing difficulty mode as an DLC is a bit too much especially considering ranger mode is not even fully polished product to begin with(no way to check your ammo at all except at trader etc...). *IF they gonna charge for one of the difficulty modes that should be free once someone purchased the game then *AT LEAST* show me that they earned this by PLAYTESTING AND POLISHING THIS DLC. Otherwise its like spitting in customer face and asking for more money.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2013, 06:01.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light HUD "Fix" Inbound
55. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 19:53 KilrathiAce

They need to fix horrible performance and graphical glitches on AMD cards. I know this game is one of the NVIDIA sponsored (the way its meant to be played) titles but if they are not going to support AMD at all then why not throw in nvidia cards only in requirements? They clearly dont care about pc customers who use amd cards.  

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
29. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 00:24 KilrathiAce

You have to pay extra to have hard difficulty available in the game, fov locked, auto aim on even on PC? Do they simply love to add more reasons for someone like me not to buy their games? Must be.  

News Comments > EA Financials
8. Re: EA Financials May 7, 2013, 23:25 KilrathiAce

EA still doesnt care about the customer or support... yea that highlight was forgotten on there.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 10:53 KilrathiAce

That game was complete insult towards customers who paid for it and they well know it, they got away with "murder" with that game.  

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
16. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 10:13 KilrathiAce

Stop buying gearbox games and problem solved but no people are just not wise enough and gonna fall to hype over and over without thinking or caring if something they buy is good or not  

1726 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo