Descending
Limit Results:

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Free Browsers
Jan 24, 2002, 01:52
Free Browsers Jan 24, 2002, 01:52
Jan 24, 2002, 01:52

What's also often forgotten in the complaint that Microsoft gave away IE for free is this: when's the last time you bought Netscape?

I, for one, never have.

Later...

-Pyran

Re: No subject
Jan 23, 2002, 06:49
Re: No subject Jan 23, 2002, 06:49
Jan 23, 2002, 06:49

Rape is a right because rape is an ability. Rights are governed by governors of society (the police). I wish rape was not a right, but it is, unfortunately.

Horsesh*t. A right is something that you can do regardless of whether or not people want you to do it. For example, I have a right to speak freely. Therefore, despite the fact that you may not wish to hear my disagreements with you, I can still say them anyway.

Therefore, if rape is a right, I can go over to your sister's house and rape her. If she doesn't want me to, tough. It's my right, so I can do it.

Now read that paragraph again. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

Later...

-Pyran

AOL, Credibility, and Competition
Jan 23, 2002, 06:33
AOL, Credibility, and Competition Jan 23, 2002, 06:33
Jan 23, 2002, 06:33

I think it's worth pointing a few things out here.

1.) Remind me again what browser AOL uses? Oh yeah -- IE. Their contract with Microsoft ran out a few years ago, as I recall, after AOL had bought Netscape. What did they do? Switch to Netscape, their browser? Nope. They re-signed a contract with Microsoft to use IE. Imagine what would happen to IE's market share if all of AOL were to suddenly switch to Netscape. But no... AOL would rather try to get money from Microsoft because IE is dominant.

2.) Developing websites on Netscape is a nightmare. Period. To the point where I support Opera, IE, and Netscape 6. If you use Netscape 4, you're out of luck. It's support for CSS is awful, and I'm not even convinced that it knows how to render HTML correctly. Of course, when the majority of Netscape users use a browser that is 5 years old, your standards compliance gets a bit out of date too.

3.) Regarding Microsoft and competition (specifically, expensivelesbian's comment -- #3, I believe): Of course Microsoft hates competition. That's how competition works -- Company A wants to beat the tar out of Company B in the market. We have a word for companies that love their competition. That word is "bankrupt".

Later...

-Pyran

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older