Descending
Limit Results:

285 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ] Older

No subject
Nov 1, 2001, 20:58
No subject Nov 1, 2001, 20:58
Nov 1, 2001, 20:58

Funny how you're on their side. And yes, I said their side. He made the same mistake, but alas, there are things you could not comprehend.

Some gamers do not have a life. It is because they are dead. If I had to get a life, I would either be dead or am yet to be born. In any case, I do not take you seriously at all. If games have changed my life, then I have more credibility than those who play games but has not had their life changed by them.

So, if I have been playing games for 2/3 of my life at least, you would think I would have a strange attraction to them. Well, it is starting to weaken. The Wolf 3d days are no more, now it is CS. I was threatened because of what he said.

Sometimes it is better "not having a life". Because after all, it is the only thing to do in such a tiny town.

No subject
Nov 1, 2001, 19:18
No subject Nov 1, 2001, 19:18
Nov 1, 2001, 19:18

"Judge it from a fraction of the players you've encountered?"

I have played CS for about ten months now. I think I have encountered a lot of players.

No subject
Nov 1, 2001, 14:42
No subject Nov 1, 2001, 14:42
Nov 1, 2001, 14:42

Oh man... I got a freak accident getting 6609 when I used that one trick of moving the mouse in the box from the left side.

No subject
Nov 1, 2001, 14:38
No subject Nov 1, 2001, 14:38
Nov 1, 2001, 14:38

I got 531, still trying for a higher score.

No subject
Nov 1, 2001, 14:34
No subject Nov 1, 2001, 14:34
Nov 1, 2001, 14:34

"Most people find the game very fun."

I guess it's not that hard for 20 people to say it's fun. I find it a horrible Unreal Torunament ripoff. I played it for more than an hour, all you have to do now is take my word for it.

No subject
Nov 1, 2001, 14:32
No subject Nov 1, 2001, 14:32
Nov 1, 2001, 14:32

"Too bad that impairs your judgement."

No, actually, it strengthens my judgement. I do not have too much against CS, just its players.

No subject
Nov 1, 2001, 14:29
No subject Nov 1, 2001, 14:29
Nov 1, 2001, 14:29

haha good one

No subject
Nov 1, 2001, 13:57
No subject Nov 1, 2001, 13:57
Nov 1, 2001, 13:57

Talking about vintage.

Lets go back further than Pong. The first system was called a Magnavox 100. It came out in 1973 I think. Maybe 1972.

No subject
Nov 1, 2001, 13:50
No subject Nov 1, 2001, 13:50
Nov 1, 2001, 13:50

"all you so called "gamers" should start slamming the other FPS devs for nor being able to make a game that can top CS."

Hey kid, I'll be more of a gamer than you ever will. I grew up on FPS, played all the fuckin' Quake games back to Doom and Wofl 3d. Go back even further on the FPS line and you get Catacombs 3d, and then you get Hovertank 3d.

Fuck you and your false pride. Calling yourself a gamer. Sheesh, those who want to call themselves a real gamer while saying CS is the best game ever is giving everyone else who really is a horrible name.

As for better games, yeah I have. Ever play Doom? That had 1.4 million downloads within a week for the demo. More of an audience than CS will ever get.

No subject
Nov 1, 2001, 13:43
No subject Nov 1, 2001, 13:43
Nov 1, 2001, 13:43

Mortal Kombat had sub=par martial arts, so I wouldn't call it a killer movie.

As for Final Fantasy... Where is the fantasy part? All I see is Science Fiction.

No subject
Oct 31, 2001, 21:23
No subject Oct 31, 2001, 21:23
Oct 31, 2001, 21:23

"Stuped toy-like weapons, Poor AI"

Another poor Unreal whore. Hey, wanna go play shoot-the-buggar-gun-while-listening-to-shitty-techno-and-very-square-and-unoriginal-level-design? Go ahead. Don't show your face here unless you want to look like an idiot.

No subject
Oct 31, 2001, 21:20
No subject Oct 31, 2001, 21:20
Oct 31, 2001, 21:20

"Sure takes skill to press fire once to fire a rocket towards 5 people and gib them."

Maybe I shouldn't be defending Quake 3 as much as I would like to. For one reason, it is definitely more skill-oriented than CS any day. Forget the lucky-ass headshots, I was no bullshit battles (and that means very few to no cheaters at all).

"You can win matches just by running like a headless chicken holding fire down."

The day that makes sense is the day the world stops turning.

"The people who slag off games like CS because of their slight realism are the ones who are shite at them and are nothing but quake whores because they cant play any other game without getting capped in seconds."

First of all, I am a Quake whore, and am proud of it. I find it funny how every time I cheat they say I have no skills, but when I turn them off I kick their ass anyways.

Your game is for the unskilled gamers. You know myg0t? I saw them play without the cheats. They, too, are a skill bunch without the cheats.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think you have ever played a Quake game in your life. Leave CS to the dogs...

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 21:21.

No subject
Oct 31, 2001, 21:07
No subject Oct 31, 2001, 21:07
Oct 31, 2001, 21:07

"Want my opinion on more stuff?"

Hey Captian Crunch, why don't you learn how to write before you criticize others' ability to write.

No subject
Oct 30, 2001, 21:22
No subject Oct 30, 2001, 21:22
Oct 30, 2001, 21:22

Now we get to see some yellow zipper-faced nip run around with his Socom playing Special Forces hero and doesn't know the first thing about them.

No subject
Oct 30, 2001, 21:18
No subject Oct 30, 2001, 21:18
Oct 30, 2001, 21:18

I heard this mod sucks ass.

No subject
Oct 30, 2001, 21:16
No subject Oct 30, 2001, 21:16
Oct 30, 2001, 21:16

It is good that I can cheat on servers now. Fuck valvE.

"If you look at gamespy stats there are 40,000 Playing CS and 10,000 playing other mods. UT and Quake 3 have less then 5,000 each playing."

Oh no, you've listed the masses. Doesn't mean jackshit when it comes to player integrity.

No subject
Oct 30, 2001, 21:09
No subject Oct 30, 2001, 21:09
Oct 30, 2001, 21:09

"Shit like Quake 3 are too dated and require as much skill as pressing a button to master."

This is not the first time I had to address a newbie to the gaming community.

So, anyway, you wouldn't mind telling me where the skill is in hitting someone 3 times to die in a fire fight that lasts less than a second would you?

Deathmatch is not the past, it is the future. Gameplay is overwhelming at the moment - though, you do not see a reason why people like teamplay. Most do not act as a team.

Go figure.

P.S. Quake 3 requires more skillful manipulation of the environment and more weapons than naught.

Re: Ouch!
Oct 30, 2001, 20:54
Re: Ouch! Oct 30, 2001, 20:54
Oct 30, 2001, 20:54

And if you didn't get enough of a laugh out of this mediocre idea for a movie, look at what poster 11 said. I laughed so hard I think my chest hurt.

"Hey this sounds like a great idea!

Edward Norton could play the lead. But since 99% of the HalfLife game sucked - Edward would have to stand around and watch scripted sequnced of stuff happening around him - try to convince other halflife characters to follow him only to hear "No i wont go any futher" - he would shoot a man in black with 5 clips of ammo and 4 rockets to the head only to have the guy not flinch and walk away - and to top the movie off would we would watch Edward jump from platform to platform in the Zen levels and bore the audiance to sleep.

Nope come to think of it HalfLife would make a terrible movie. But to make it work all they would have to do is ignore ALL the events in halflife and just make a new story around BlackMessa."

No subject
Oct 30, 2001, 20:46
No subject Oct 30, 2001, 20:46
Oct 30, 2001, 20:46

This is courtesy of Somethingawful.com:

Half-Life for Halfwits!

Half-Life: Uplink stars Jaz Meadows, an ambitious reporter who breaks into Black Mesa and acts like a prick while talking to a gender-shifting woman named Bill on his headset (you know, like Counter-Strike).
Valve Software, who released Half-Life, their first and only commercial game approximately fifteen years ago, sent out this email to a whole bunch of gaming sites yesterday:

Valve has been approached by a number of filmmakers interested in developing a Half-Life movie. Would you go see a Half-Life movie and, if so, what would you like to see in the film? (i.e. actors, story lines, etc.) To enter your opinions on the subject, even if your comments are limited to, "Yes, I'd go see a Half-Life movie," simply email your thoughts to movie@valvesoftware.com. Thanks.

Back in its prime, I was quite the Half-Life freak. I ran the biggest fan site around and also regrettably wrote probably the most popular and disturbing serialized piece of fan fiction, "Walter's World," which chronicled the increasingly more bizarre and psychotic adventures of an under-sexed Black Mesa Biochemist. So I think it's safe to say that I'm disgusting, pathetic, ugly, bespectacled nerd-ass loser with no life because I actually wrote like 200 pages of fan fiction. Holy hell, that's sad!

Valve wants you to forget that they've already made one attempt at producing a Half-Life movie. The result, "Half-Life: Uplink," was so bad that they blocked its release. I, however, have seen the five-minute long string of vomit held together by MPEG compression and I can honestly say that it's one of the worst things ever. Like most game to movie conversions, it's only very loosely based on the subject matter. The main character of the short film isn't even Gordon Freeman, it's a smirking, retarded British reporter named Jaz Meadows. He spends most of the movie climbing up a ladder to escape from an invisible alien while supposedly dead marines blink at the camera.

Let's face it, even if a Half-Life movie manages to get made, a bunch of stuff is going to get lost in the translation and it'll probably be pretty terrible. As things stand right now, the most successful and entertaining video game to film conversion is probably "Mortal Kombat," and that's not exactly a momentous achievement, is it? Even if Valve writes the script themselves, the studio that picks up the rights will mangle the concept beyond belief with poor casting and inexplicable subplots involving a cute, scrappy little kid.

With the aid of my crystal pokeball, I have looked into the future and procured the press kit for 2004's "Half-Life: The Movie."

Gordon Freeman - Ben Affleck

After losing the role of "Duke Nukem" to buddy Matt Damon, Ben signed on to play Black Mesa researcher and alien ass-kicker Gordon Freeman because "Half-Life and Duke Nukem are both videogames so it'll be basically the same." While the videogame incarnation of Gordon Freeman didn't utter a single word, his big screen counterpart will have plenty to say to the invading aliens. "Gordon may be a scientist," says Affleck, "But he's got a sense of humor. In this one scene I kill a zombie scientist and say 'Looks like somebody needs their morning coffee!' It's really funny!" Ben hopes to bring his signature style and grace - showcased to its fullest in "Pearl Harbor" - to the Half-Life project.

Betty Bozsuum (formerly Barney The Security Guard) - Shannon Elizabeth

While the version of Barney the helpful security guard in the videogame was loosely based on Don Knotts, the motion picture incarnation of the character adds a few shapely curves to the mix. "American Pie's" Shannon Elizabeth plays the sultry French security guard sidekick. "Betty is tough, yet seductive," says Elizabeth. "I don't want to give anything away, but Gordon Freeman is going to need all the help he can get in the bowels… of Black Mesa. The sparks will be flying in more ways than one!" Half-Life director Paul "Starship Troopers" Verhoeven also notes that "While the… aliens may have destroyed the inter-dimensional laser, the showers are still working and perhaps Betty and Gordon will have time to take a break from saving the world?"

Scientist Walter Bennett - Martin Lawrence

In a casting coup, "Big Momma's House" superstar Martin Lawrence is Walter Bennett, the wacky black Black Mesa scientist who's constantly finding himself in zany situations. "Wally's always got somethin' on his mind and somethin' to say, know what I'm sayin'?" says Lawrence. "Being cooped up in his lab and all can drive a brotha crazy, believe you me. He's gonna get freaky with some of them fine alien bitches. I mean, daaaaaaaamn!" Daaaaaaaamnn, indeed! Walter also helps Gordon build gadgets and weapons to fight the forces of Xen, including the devastating dung launcher.

Garg - Fred Durst

Former Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst, hot off his portrayal of Mr. T in last summer's "A-Team" remake, plays Garg, leader of the alien resistance. "Garg is full of rage, man, he's there to fuck humans up." Durst explains. "Back on his home planet he gets no play so he's taking it out on these humans. He's going to take their jobs and shove it, you know? It's payback time. He's mad as hell and he's not going to take it anymore, MOTHA FUCKAH!!!!!"

G-Man - David Duchovny

David Duchovny is the mysterious G-Man, a shadowy individual who is probably up to no good! Is he a high-level government agent? Is he an alien himself? What conspiracies is he trying to hide? "It's really nice to get another role in yet another production that involves aliens and government conspiracies," Duchovny said. "Yeah, real great. You would think after suffering through years of that garbage on the 'X-Files,' I'd be really sick of it. People say that I'm typecast… but… err… it's… hey, have you seen my wife? She's really hot! You jealous?"

Now, does that sound like a film you'd pay $8.50 to see? Be sure to let Valve know!

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 20:49.

No subject
Oct 29, 2001, 03:42
No subject Oct 29, 2001, 03:42
Oct 29, 2001, 03:42

"Chasm: The Rift"

Never played it. Though, I did see it in the store.

285 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ] Older