Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2681 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content
4. Re: Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content Feb 6, 2018, 01:34 Frijoles

I haven't played for a long time. Did they ever make the car not break down (or need gas) every 5 minutes? That was my biggest complaint. I eventually started walking everywhere, which didn't last long before I quit.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Patch
4. Re: Overwatch Patch Jan 31, 2018, 09:38 Frijoles

beigemore wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 08:41:
As a Junkrat player, I am ok with this change.

As a Junkrat player, I thought this was how it worked before.

News Comments > Overwatch Adds New Map
4. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Jan 24, 2018, 09:40 Frijoles

I, and my children, are disappointed that we can't get to the roller coaster.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 System Specs
1. Re: Far Cry 5 System Specs Jan 22, 2018, 19:27 Frijoles

Was going to buy an upgrade for my CPU for the upcoming games, but now all this Meltdown stuff has me waiting. Think mine is going on 4 years now, the longest I've ever had one.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2018, 11:29 Frijoles

Playboy has filed a lawsuit against Boing Boing, accusing the offbeat news blog of copyright infringement for linking to an Imgur gallery and a YouTube video that showed every Playmate centerfold.

So uh.. where was this Imgur gallery link? I'm practicing my law stuffs and need to do some research.

Edit: Nevermind... it's been removed. I was not one of the lucky 2 million that viewed that link.

News Comments > EA Gaming Patents
5. Re: EA Gaming Patents Jan 9, 2018, 10:47 Frijoles

I'm 100% certain I've played games that dumbed down automatically because I suck. They even kicked sand in my face to make me feel bad.  

News Comments > Fortnite Meltdown Fix Breaks Things
10. Re: Fortnite Meltdown Fix Breaks Things Jan 8, 2018, 10:11 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 09:43:
Mreh, the Meltdown fix has no discernible performance difference for gaming, which is the only thing I do on my PC that strains it whatsoever.

Unless apparently you play Fortnite.

News Comments > Paladins Battlegrounds Announced
8. Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 4, 2018, 23:11 Frijoles

Uh oh, they used Battlegrounds in the name. Better prepare for a lawsuit.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2018, 12:46 Frijoles

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 12:31:
Fighting against legalization is especially out of line since most Rs are "State's Rights" activists

That's only when it suits them.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 13, 2017, 19:04 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 14:17:
I had a go with Skyrim VR on a buddy's Playstation 4 Pro w/PSVR. Holy shit. I thought I was done with Skyrim after like 200+ hours in it but VR really does immerse you in a way that is almost indescribable.

Hopefully comes to PC soon. FO4 with melee weapons is fun, but I imagine Skyrim would be even better due to the focus on melee. On the other hand, blasting a raider point blank (thanks teleport!) with a shotgun is certainly enjoyable.

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Released
5. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 16:43 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 11:52:
The release version has an issue causing some users to experience blurry or low-resolution graphics

Ah, the legendary Bethesda release. Been awhile since we've last met.

Sounds like this is fixed in a patch they just released to beta branch today. I hope that means they're listening to complaints and have some quick turn-around on bug squishing. Not that I really expect much.

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Released
2. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 11:30 Frijoles

Played an hour last night. Just enough to finish the starter area and kill some bugs. Melee feels good. Shooting I haven't done much yet. Apparently scopes don't work at all, so hopefully it can be modded. Few glitches and things to fix via settings, but overall not bad. I did quite enjoy escaping the starter house and walking around. And you can stick your hand through glass cases and take items.

So far so good, although I need a good hundred more hours in it to know for sure. I would like to see the perk list updated with some VR specific options. For example, being able to teleport further without using AP. Again, hopefully someone can mod it. I think people were doing some tests and were saying that yes, mods should work.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Dec 5, 2017, 14:25 Frijoles

I broke down and bought it on PC, along with FO4 VR and another VR title. I think I'm one of the lucky minority that hasn't had any issues with it, but I haven't played terribly long yet. No stuttering issues or anything. The only complaint I have is I tend to dash when I want to teleport. I don't know what the work-around for it would be, though. Free locomotion would make me sick. Dash gets close to making me ill, so I use it (on purpose) sparingly. Now if I could just find more time.  

News Comments > DOOM VFR Released
8. Re: DOOM VFR Released Dec 1, 2017, 09:43 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 09:29:
A friend bought this, and I've got Family Sharing, so I'll download and test this in the next couple hours.

Looking forward to a review. I almost pulled the trigger anyway, but the one person who finished said it was 2.5 hours long. That's pretty damn short for $30, although about as expected for a VR game.

News Comments > DOOM VFR Released
5. Re: DOOM VFR Released Nov 30, 2017, 22:28 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 21:12:
lol, the reviews are being trashed by Oculus users who can't run it without a hack.

Getting trashed in the Vive subreddit also. Sounds pretty bad. Few points that keep coming up:

• Game is dropping back to Vive load screen every couple minutes, which it goes when it lags. This is on people with 1070

• No left hand option for guns

• Model attach point for the hand is wonky

• Standing too close to an enemy fires through it

• I was about to go buy it and saw the reviews. Sucks for Oculus, but saw that coming due to the lawsuit. I think I'm going to wait now until they get some patches or mods to fix the issues. That sucks.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs
    2. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 17:05 Frijoles

Hoping to try it tonight. Moved my system to a larger area, and just got the deluxe strap for my Vive yesterday. Perfect timing. Only a few days until FO4 VR too.  

News Comments > Play Overwatch Free Next Weekend
    2. Re: Play Overwatch Free Next Weekend Nov 9, 2017, 22:21 Frijoles

Dacron wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 19:26:
    Been on the fence, waiting for a sale to entice me. It'l be nice to try this.

Try a bunch of the heroes if they aren't clicking for you. When I started, there were a few that I absolutely hated. After being forced to play them in Mystery Heroes, I learned to enjoy a lot of them (like D.Va and Zenyatta). My dislike for the remaining few is because I suck at them.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
    10. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 14:00 Frijoles

Game crashes if I change resolution. Not just crash, but force a hard reboot of my computer. If anyone is having a similar problem, set the graphics to low, restart, put game at desired resolution, restart, set graphics to Uber. That seems to have fixed it.

Unfortunately, I played for about 20 - 30 minutes last night and thought I was going to barf. Seems to be a few others with the problem. Which is odd since I can play Destiny 2 for 2+ hours at a stretch with no problem. Not sure what this game is doing differently, but damn. It fucked me up for an hour. Hoping to get through the first part today since the movement is jerky for spoiler-free reasons.

News Comments > Third-Party Overlays Versus Destiny 2
    2. Re: Third-Party Overlays Versus Destiny 2 Oct 25, 2017, 11:33 Frijoles

People saying they were banned for using the nVidia overlay thing. That'd be quite the fuck-up since they're partners. And it's a default installation option in the drivers. Pretty sure mine was on but not recording last night and I have not been banned yet.  

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
    4. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 11:31 Frijoles

They've fallen so far since being bought out. It's very sad. I don't even bother pricing computer builds there anymore.  

2681 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 3.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo