Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2471 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard
12. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 13, 2016, 09:43 Frijoles

As much as I dislike Thrall, I'll be sad to see him go. He was a great presenter at BlizzCon and had a lot of energy.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > VR Funhouse Mod Editor
11. Re: VR Funhouse Mod Editor Sep 2, 2016, 18:09 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 20:51:
WHATEVER!

VR Funhouse is great! Glad to see they're adding more content.

Are you running a 1080? I have a 980 and avoided this because supposedly it's targeted at the 1080 line. Guess I should just try it since it's free and see if my computer weeps.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 26, 2016, 09:54 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:56:
tiers. Most people aren't going to pay $70-$100 per month for GB because they don't need it. They'll obviously choose less for less money.

I pay $90 a month for 150mb (company pays it, anyway). Lowest tier internet is around $50. And this is in an area that "has" Google Fiber. I use quotes since although they've been running the fiber everywhere for the past year, it is only now just coming out and only at apartment complexes (which I'm not in).

Comcast has been very aggressive for the past year trying to get people in to bundled contracts, and speeds have shot up. Two years ago I was paying $70 for a 25mb connection. And the cap is around a terabyte. So the competition has definitely helped around here even though we can't actually sign up for Google Fiber yet.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced
2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced Aug 24, 2016, 21:40 Frijoles

$90 doesn't actually sound too bad. The Digital Deluxe version by itself is $80. I wasn't planning on getting a deluxe version of this, but it definitely makes it look more tempting. I'm a sucker for limited edition.  

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
11. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 22:14 Frijoles

wtf_man wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 20:30:
When you code for a company, the shit is automatically theirs. That's part of your employment agreement. You have to explicitly get permission to work on something on the side that they can't claim as theirs. (like making a little commercial app that has nothing to do with the company's business, nor competes against the company).

Sure, if you're Joe Blow from off the street. I'd be surprised if Carmack didn't have something in the contract for that, considering the guy could get a job anywhere he wanted on whatever terms he wanted. Or he just fucked up in a major way. As said above, I'll wait for the movie.

But no matter which way it goes, Zenimax lawyers can suck a dick.

News Comments > Minecraft Oculus Rift Support
1. Re: Minecraft Oculus Rift Support Aug 15, 2016, 21:10 Frijoles

Vivecraft is pretty fucking awesome. It makes me want a taller ceiling since I've smacked it a few times trying to cut down trees. I'm not paying $10 for a seated experience though, on a game I already own.  

News Comments > Blue Byte's PC Legacy
1. Re: Blue Byte's PC Legacy Aug 15, 2016, 09:34 Frijoles

Settlers 1 and 2 are among my favorite games, with Settlers 1 being a major reason for my gaming life. I put so many hours in to those games. I really wish they'd release a new Settlers game that worked like the first two. They can even keep the automatic roads; just give me a slow-paced city planning game that is light on combat. With great music.  

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up
3. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up Aug 13, 2016, 11:54 Frijoles

That should be a given.

Yes, it should. And it says something that people are questioning it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2016, 10:51 Frijoles

Redmask wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 07:38:
I heard a lot of griping about the timed mission objectives in XCOM2 but it ended up being a great way to play the game.

And if you don't like it, there's mods to increase the time or disable it completely. I ended up increasing my time. I barely made it even with that. I'm amazed people could do it without.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2016, 17:48 Frijoles

DangerDog wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 14:54:
http://i.imgur.com/gWWoRzD.gif

Didn't you read the article? NO GIFS!

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2016, 11:28 Frijoles

They suggest that the overall valuation of the channel is greater than 79 billion dollars," stated the brief. "To put that number into context, Defendantsí counsel is suggesting that the VGYT channel is the third highest valued company/business entity in the entire world, just behind Apple and Google and well ahead of Microsoft, Coca Cola, Facebook, and IBM.

I'm gonna guess no. It's not worth 79 billion.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players
17. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 10:02 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 04:49:
Any other old-timers like me play Warcraft: Orcs and Humans?

Really hoping they get Warcraft II available for download and working on modern PCs. I installed WC 3 last week and it took some tweaking to get the videos to work correctly. My WC2 discs are buried in storage somewhere.

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
13. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 00:07 Frijoles

Caladell wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:26:
Wow. That sounds pretty bad. Personally, I have never had anything like that. Most I've had has been maybe 3 win/loss streaks, and it seems like that happens mostly due to one whole team just having an 'off' night or whatever.

I had a 12 game losing streak that lasted over a few days. I was quite salty by the end of it. On the plus side, I won several in a row after that.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 28, 2016, 12:15 Frijoles

nin wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 09:27:
Not seeing much of a bounce for Shock, with 5 hours to go...

When Kickstarter first appeared, I backed a lot of stuff. For me it was primarily a way of getting in to betas for games that looked interesting. Almost every game I've been interested in on Kickstarter has come to Steam via EA, so buying in to Kickstarter for that reason doesn't really make sense anymore. Better to wait and see how it shapes up and then buy it in EA instead of buying it sight unseen.

However, that means games that I want to see made, which is arguably what Kickstarter is for, isn't happening from me. After being burned a few times, I'm not willing to risk it anymore.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming
9. Re: Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming Jul 27, 2016, 11:56 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 00:15:
I've got a pretty big play space (the garage!)

You sir have made me jealous of your garage. My wife won't budge on moving just to get a larger Vive space. In fact, I dare say she isn't interested in that at all.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound
2. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound Jul 22, 2016, 22:09 Frijoles

I can't play the game. The interface is just terrible. I really want to enjoy it, but so many mouse clicks to do the simplest things. And a bunch of windows didn't have hotkeys. I'll try again though; maybe they changed it in the latest patch.  

News Comments > The Settlers Cancellation and Champions of Anteria Catch-up
5. Re: The Settlers Cancellation and Champions of Anteria Catch-up Jul 13, 2016, 20:56 Frijoles

I'm glad they removed The Settlers name from it, since this is nothing like that. Unfortunately, I wanted a new Settlers game (not that god-awful online thing).  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 8, 2016, 14:18 Frijoles

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 13:14:
And Microsofts inevitable Skynet OS will no doubt be a mandatory install.

You missed your chance to call it Skypenet.

News Comments > Turbine Layoffs
4. Re: Turbine Layoffs Jul 8, 2016, 14:15 Frijoles

Turbine's games all suffer from the same problem, shitacular UI. I hope the mobile area works for them and they get the millions of dollars that Clash of X is seeing. Because I want an AC3. With a better UI.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 7, 2016, 15:20 Frijoles

Pigeon wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 13:20:
Many seemingly only look at that when backing up.

When I bought my car with a backup camera on it, the salesman told me to use the camera and ignore the mirrors. I use both. Camera is shit if it's bright outside anyway.

2471 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo