Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2619 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Doomfist Joins Overwatch
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 28, 2017, 09:00 Frijoles

Shall we take bets on how long until they nerf his one-punch insta-kill? They took it away from Roadhog only to bring it back on Doomfist. I'm guessing about 6 months.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2017, 10:37 Frijoles

House Party, Sexy 3D Game Removed From Steam Due To Complaints…

Leave the shit games because reasons. Get rid of the pixel titty game because other reasons. Maybe they could just create a filter for adult content and have it default to on. Nah, too much work.

News Comments > Overwatch League Details
1. Re: Overwatch League Details Jul 26, 2017, 21:48 Frijoles

Ok everyone, as an OW player, I am a free agent. Let the bidding begin.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2017, 21:18 Frijoles

The case centres around Milwaukee Country, Wisconsin, which adopted an AR ordinance back in February demanding developers behind games such as Pokémon Go purchase a permit before their apps could be used in the county's parks.

Milwaukee County was asking developers to estimate crowd size as well as the dates and times these crowds were likely to descend upon the parks. Studios were also required to specify their plans to handle on-site security, medical services, garbage collection and even bathroom use. And the developer would have to pay $1,000.

Me thinks they have no idea how this game works. Not that that would stop them from legislating it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 19, 2017, 21:13 Frijoles

I have that camera. Can confirm. Facial recognition is shit. It picks up the shadows from my trees and alerts me. Picks up bugs flying around at night and alerts me. Picks up a cat walking past. "We spotted someone!!" Their algorithm appears to be "was there movement?"

Great camera otherwise. Nice clear picture.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 17, 2017, 17:30 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 16:01:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 15:21:
Okay, I gotta ask... what were her arguments for it?

The dryer sends a push notification when the laundry is done. VERY IMPORTANT.

That's exactly what it does (the washer too) and one of the reasons she wants it. Let's you see in real time what temperature it is drying at and the progress. Or to put another way, something completely pointless. Or rather, something that will break down and not be easy/cheap to fix.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 17, 2017, 15:16 Frijoles

Wife wants a smart-phone connected washer/dryer. I'd argue with her, but imagine that's how people felt when TV remotes came out. Someone is going to hack my dryer and burn my house down.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 14, 2017, 16:15 Frijoles

Speaking of nin, where'd nin go? Haven't seen him post in a while, although I guess he's submitting stories still.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 12, 2017, 21:38 Frijoles

Programming before the internet was a pain in the ass. I think I'd change careers if it went away.  

News Comments > Wild West Online Trailer
4. Re: Wild West Online Trailer Jul 10, 2017, 21:49 Frijoles

Not sure if this is accurate, but worth at least looking in to further.

If you're out of the loop, when the game first got hype, some users were voicing their complaints about the similarities to WarZ (Renamed: Infestation Survivor Stories), Shattered Skies, Last Man Standing and Romero's Aftermath. These are all games made by Sergey Titov, a man well-known for creating shitty cash-grab games.

The engine appears to be the same. They're saying no other relationship though. I'll definitely wait for reviews on this one despite it looking interesting.

News Comments > Fortnite Launch Trailer
5. Re: Fortnite Launch Trailer Jul 10, 2017, 15:47 Frijoles

Wonder if it's still under NDA. I rather enjoyed it off and on. Needed a lot more players though. I stopped because I didn't want to repeat my progression when it launches.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 7, 2017, 10:03 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 09:49:
What more does it need to do?

Get a new interface/GUI team. Throw the old one out of the building. Just a few of my top complaints:

• Someone messages me. I alt-tab to Skype and start typing. Oh wait, I'm in actually searching contact names. You know what I use Skype for? Sending messages. Why the hell isn't that the default behavior?

• Message comes in, I read it. Alt-tab away. Task bar is still blinking that I have a new message. Sometimes it starts blinking even if there isn't a new message.

• My contact list has duplicates in it. Sometimes the duplicates go away, but if I message the person, they come back. They use different icons too. Messages to either contact go to the same person. I don't know wtf it's doing.

• I don't use it for phone calls very often. Thank god.

News Comments > More Overwatch Doomfist Clues
    2. Re: More Overwatch Doomfist Clues Jul 5, 2017, 15:49 Frijoles

Was thinking the same thing. It's not like he's going to be God-mode against the other characters. Maybe he'll be a raid boss instead of a playable char, like the Halloween event. That'd be an interesting change.  

News Comments > ESO Plus Free Trial Starts Tomorrow
    4. Re: ESO Plus Free Trial Starts Tomorrow Jul 5, 2017, 12:34 Frijoles

Unlimited storage for crafting materials

Biggest reason right there to get it. I haven't played for several months, but people were activating Plus for a month to get the crafting bag, shove everything in it, then let it lapse and accumulate crafting mats again. I believe new mats wouldn't go in, but old mats were fine.

News Comments > etc., etc.
    5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 30, 2017, 22:36 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 21:04:
    What I worry is that this will (again) make developers make the first 2 hours completely awesome and the next 20 complete untested broken shit.

About how long my attention span is. Excellent.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
    2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 28, 2017, 13:16 Frijoles

I wonder how many got hit with WannaCry, restored their systems, and then didn't patch the security hole so now they get to repeat.  

News Comments > Secret World Legends Launched
    5. Re: Secret World Legends Launched Jun 26, 2017, 13:20 Frijoles

Jumped on to play this, saw nothing different. Apparently you have to start a new char. May try again tonight, but the character graphics and animations are showing their age. Makes it harder to get back in to.  

News Comments > Ensign Watson Joins Star Trek: Bridge Crew
    2. Re: Ensign Watson Joins Star Trek: Bridge Crew Jun 23, 2017, 10:07 Frijoles

Been waiting for this update. Except I spent my money on the Steam sale. I do like Ramen noodles. Hmmm...  

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week
    1. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week Jun 20, 2017, 21:59 Frijoles

Should have kept it for D4. D3 just passed 5 years. Without some sort of new area, $15 seems too high to me. On the other hand, I could just sell some WoW gold and buy it.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Delays Xen Again
    11. Re: Black Mesa Delays Xen Again Jun 20, 2017, 16:49 Frijoles

Wasn't Xen fairly short? I don't remember so well after all these years. Kinda surprised it's taking so long for just this one section, but I guess it's all new assets.  

2619 Comments. 131 pages. Viewing page 3.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo