Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2632 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
16. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 15:43 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 14:19:
but I guess all of the complaints from PUBG devs kind of made people want to check it out more, knowing it was possibly a more polished and less serious take on PUBG.

This is what I did. Figured this one was free and would give a rough idea of PUBG. I'm not convinced though. Fortnite does feel like a mobile game. PUBG needs a free weekend.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battle Chasers: Nightwar Dawns
5. Re: Battle Chasers: Nightwar Dawns Oct 4, 2017, 09:19 Frijoles

Looks really good, but I never cared for the Final Fantasy type combat. May still get it though. The artwork is beautiful.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Includes Major Changes
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Includes Major Changes Sep 27, 2017, 14:44 Frijoles

theglaze wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 13:04:
I also thought Planetside 2 was pretty good for a couple months a few years ago, and to this day I still don't understand the flow of map control or why EVERYONE is battling for THIS station (and sign-in the next day and no one cares about it). I just accepted this futile struggle to represent war, like Nam.

This was one of the reasons I stopped playing. The battles started to get repetitive with the bases constantly flipping back and forth. There didn't seem to be much reason to holding a base. We attacked the other bases because that's where everyone was, not because there was anything at the base worth having.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Launches
6. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Launches Sep 26, 2017, 12:23 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 10:30:
Itís been in the game for a couple weeks now. Maybe they were doing a staggered rollout, and itís now available for everyone? I still havenít tried it. Itís not what I got the game for.

I could be wrong, but I believe you had to pay to play by purchasing one of the packs. The Battle Royale is/was released for free now. I think. It'd be a lot easier to figure out if they'd put it on Steam. And until they do (and even after), I don't think PUBG has anything to worry about.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2017, 13:02 Frijoles

Thought about buying this over the weekend, but hesitated in case Epic goes Silicon Knights on them. They're shooting themselves in the foot.  

News Comments > NieR: Automata Sells Two Million Copies
1. Re: NieR: Automata Sells Two Million Copies Sep 21, 2017, 10:13 Frijoles

And I still need a 3rd party program so my fullscreen view works correctly.  

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer
6. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 01:28 Frijoles

Asmodai wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 21:41:
Lastly, even though there are tutorials, the interface in your ship (home base stuff) is fairly unintuitive. As a returning player recently after a long break and a UI redesign, I literally had no fucking idea what I was doing for the first couple of hours... =)

This. The game has a lot of systems. If you don't mind reading forums and wikis, then it's not too bad. Otherwise it's confusing as hell. You'll either miss a chunk of stuff, or have to spend a fair amount of time learning things. And you'll have to grind. If you solo, some of the lower missions may be hard to find a group to help finish it unless the planet pops up in a daily mission. I know I struggled with the "capture and hold these points better than the 500 enemies coming at you". Fun game though. I usually throw cash at it if I get a 75% off coupon.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 16, 2017, 11:57 Frijoles

Ad industry can get fucked.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Getting New Overwatch Map and Heroes
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Getting New Overwatch Map and Heroes Sep 15, 2017, 21:34 Frijoles

Between this and all the Overwatch stuff in the Blizzcon bag, makes me wonder how much money the Overwatch gambling is bringing in compared to WoW. There's a new favorite child at Blizzard.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 15, 2017, 17:29 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 15:46:
People were super desperate for the 1070s when they discovered they were awesome with Nicehash/ETH and I sold mine for $170 more than I paid. Stock was gone everywhere and even retailers started jacking them up. Ended up getting a 1080ti thanks to desperate buttcoin miners.

Too bad it fell through the floor. At the height I was getting close to $10 a day from my 1080ti. Now it's lucky to hit $3. Oh well. I bought it for gaming. Was doing Nicehash while I read webpages or the room was cold and I needed a heater going.

News Comments > Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released
1. Re: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released Sep 15, 2017, 10:38 Frijoles

Between this, XCOM2 and Divinity 2, I need a week-long staycation so I can catch up.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 13, 2017, 19:48 Frijoles

Was just talking to my boss about Kaspersky today. We use it, and unfortunately whether it's been taken over by the Russian government or not is only part of the problem. If something does come out or happen, and we're still using it, it's a liability to the business. Kinda sucks. Switching vendors is a pain in the arse. And we're locked in to a contract for another 1.5 years, so we'd basically lose that money.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
2. Re: Re:Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 11:19 Frijoles

Day 1 purchase... until I read about all the shit going on with it. I can't say I will make it to the first sale, but that's my goal.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2017, 12:46 Frijoles

War of the Chosen is very buggy for me. I've had animations stop, dead bodies stand up, objectives not complete despite doing them (this one is annoying), and sometimes the camera stops following whomever is moving. It's starting to annoy me.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer Sep 10, 2017, 12:35 Frijoles

Neat. Afraid I'm not that clever though. Anyone playing? Is it the same as the first game? I never got close to finishing it. The EA version might be better for me since it's only a few hours long I've read.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs
4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs Sep 8, 2017, 22:21 Frijoles

I should buy this. I'd probably never play though 'cause I'm a lone wolf (pup).

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 8, 2017, 12:42 Frijoles

So sounds like our choices are: A) free credit monitoring for a year or B) get to take part in a class-action lawsuit. Tough choice, since the class-action will most likely get us what, $5 Visa gift card? I should have become a lawyer.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 5, 2017, 23:53 Frijoles

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 21:40:
If the computer says you owe 12Ę then by golly you owe 12Ę.

Why the hell didn't they just add 12 cents to her next bill?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2017, 15:55 Frijoles

MT Silver wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 15:33:
What impressed me the most were the loading times. They went from around 20 seconds on my system to 3. :O

Which is good because of all the reloading I do and.. erm.. I know. I'm ashamed of myself.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
25. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 14:15 Frijoles

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:48:
Same. The turn extension mod was the only thing that saved it for me. I'll probably wait until the Christmas sale to make sure that the mods are all working properly... Well...that and the fact that I'm in a backlog of titles I'm trying to play at this hot second.

Sounds like this version has an ini file that lets you tweak the turns. Most likely a mod is coming that does it for you (the current top turns mod was broken when I last looked). So not quite as easy as a mod yet, but not hard to change.

2632 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo