Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2538 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 14, 2017, 18:34 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 11:49:
There are still droves of people just aching to buy as soon as stock is replenished, if they're not giving in to the scalpers or settling for playing the game on Wii-U.

*sob* I have a $300 credit at Amazon and have been waiting for it to show up in stock. I'm not willing to pay an extra $150 though, which is what the other sellers are charging for it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Bans
5. Re: WoW Bans Mar 9, 2017, 14:49 Frijoles

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:35:
What do they expect when they make raiding a requirement to get flying in the newest zone...

Where do you see this? I could have sworn they said raiding wasn't a requirement. I hate raiding.

News Comments > The Division Free Expansion Plans
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 9, 2017, 10:10 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 00:02:
Third is a proper 8v8 MP mode, kill people and cap flags.

Needs more maps and game types. Throw in some contaminated zones where you have to unlock a chest of filters to use it. That'd be fun. Take a filter off a dead body. I've played several hours of Last Stand and while it's fun as a mindless 8v8, I'm getting a bit bored with it. Seems there's only 2 or 3 different maps/areas for it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 7, 2017, 18:28 Frijoles

New Logitech G Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Designed in Collaboration With Top eSports Players.

Still not ergonomic. Why do all the cool keyboards only come in fuck-yo-wrists format?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2017, 14:20 Frijoles

Just a day before leaving, however, Leeper allegedly created a network account under the name "Jeff Manning", called "jmanning", which provided him with remote access to Columbia's network

Maybe they should audit their accounts from time to time.

News Comments > NieR PC This Month
8. Re: NieR PC This Month Mar 4, 2017, 22:43 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 19:03:
You have a turret that follows you around and fires at enemies, and you have some bosses that fire bullet-hell-like patterns.

The turret, camera, and bigass sword makes me think of Warframe. I should play that again.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
3. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 15:24 Frijoles

Surprised they would do this considering how bad it is. Graphics are crap, UI is worse that bad. It's bad all around.  

News Comments > Overwatch Bastion Nerf Inbound
2. Re: Overwatch Bastion Nerf Inbound Mar 2, 2017, 23:02 Frijoles

Prez wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 21:54:
I will say that if you are on attack and the defending team has a Bastion AND a Torbjorn the game feels lost from the start. God forbid if they have a Bastion, Torbjorn, AND a Symmetra...

Just Genji him. Usually you can catch him unaware and make him kill himself, or get close to it. Or hook him if you can get close enough. Rein can smash him. Sombra can get behind him and hack him. Junkrat can usually lob shit at him. Lots of counters. Although I agree.. if you're on an uncoordinated team you may be SOL.

News Comments > The Division DLC and Free Trial Released
2. Re: The Division DLC and Free Trial Released Feb 28, 2017, 21:33 Frijoles

I grouped a bit at launch and the month after, but then went mostly solo. Did a bit of Underground that way. I know it's an MP game mainly, but does Last Stand have any solo content? I haven't been following it very closely.  

News Comments > Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve
6. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 18, 2017, 00:35 Frijoles

Sepharo wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 21:34:
He's a millionaire for sure, he was just working there because he enjoyed it and/or because he'd be bored otherwise. Must have changed his mind about one of those.

Maybe they changed the snack foods. I hear they went healthy. That'd drive me away too.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 17, 2017, 09:36 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 03:45:
Even if VR sputters and dies like 3D televisions, I'll still be able to play the handful of games out right now for as long as my headset works, and honestly I'm fine with that. I'd treat it like a Sega Dreamcast, something that was ahead of it's time, and will be fun to come back to for decades to come.

Until a cable breaks and they won't replace it.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 16, 2017, 10:06 Frijoles

Tom wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 02:31:
Maybe Gabe is really just a big Jack Tramiel fan.

Maybe he's a Cave Johnson fan and spends his money on moon dust and testing. We've seen where that leads.

News Comments > Valve on Countering Cheats
5. Re: Valve on Countering Cheats Feb 15, 2017, 12:44 Frijoles

Linksil wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 10:29:
Funny that they test it on Blizzard's game(Overwatch) instead of their own game.

I found that interesting. Blizzard mentioned in one of their videos that they were working on this kind of stuff and were making the data available. I wonder if that's why. It was already available and easy to work with, whereas CS:GO isn't yet.

Knock off 20 years of my life and I'd have loved to get in to that kind of stuff. I'm too old now.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Feb 14, 2017, 11:00 Frijoles

Peeeling wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 09:45:
Tell me again about how one of the richest corporations in the industry is doing it wrong.

They just need some competition. Maybe that Amazon thing. Or GOG.

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Released
5. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Released Feb 14, 2017, 10:37 Frijoles

Any word on how long the single-player campaign is?  

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
3. Re: Take-Two Financials Feb 8, 2017, 01:47 Frijoles

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 23:15:
Given that they reached 70 million in sales back in November of last year, that would mean GTA V, now a four year old title, has sold 5 million copies in the past 4 months alone.

And still no single-player DLC or expansions. Hopefully GTA VI is coming.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Mom Mum Mommy Feb 8, 2017, 01:45 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 01:38:
or make backups of all the sites if he could get access, and then give that up to the authorities after the fact.

Backing up a CP site sounds like a bad idea if you're not the FBI.

News Comments > Lúcio Coming to Heroes of the Storm
2. Re: Lúcio Coming to Heroes of the Storm Feb 3, 2017, 19:15 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 18:11:
I like how he can wall-ride the terrain for some reason.

Does it on OW too. Although I've only seen it on the map with the bottomless pit in the center of the capture point. Rides around the wall until he can get out. Think I'll try it on other walls next time I play.

Looks weird seeing him in HotS where the animations are not nearly so fluid.

News Comments > More Overwatch Cheaters Banned
4. Re: More Overwatch Cheaters Banned Feb 3, 2017, 10:41 Frijoles

Cheaters suck, but I hate fuckers on my team standing around doing nothing more than I hate cheaters. Or worse, blocking the doors with Mei just to be a dick. This game makes me rage, and yet I keep playing.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Content Next Week
8. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Content Next Week Feb 1, 2017, 20:00 Frijoles

Wash Washburne wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 11:22:
How is Heart of Thorns? Wasn't going to pay a full price but now that it is on sale, worth a buy?

I appear to be in the minority. HoT is a long grind, IMO. The skills are interesting, but they take a ton of time to unlock (at least the later ones). And although there are events always going on, it's been rare for me to find anyone doing them. And a lot of them are hard to do solo.

That said, I do enjoy gliding. And when HoT came out I played a ton because there were so many other people around. Plus the story stuff is fun. But it comes back to grinding. To progress in the story, you have to unlock certain Mastery Skills, which requires more grinding. At least the story grinding isn't as bad (it's first tier skills).

2538 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo