Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2564 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 6, 2017, 22:18 Frijoles

Acleacius wrote on May 6, 2017, 21:10:
I'm having a blast with Viking! Lighter

That's not an MMO is it? Bit confused since the review is on MMORPG.com.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey Released
1. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 10:16 Frijoles

Played last night for a little over an hour. So while not very long, I really enjoyed that hour. Lots of interactive stuff, interesting story right from the start, and the first enemy you encounter can be a bit of a bitch to kill. Looking forward to playing it this weekend.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
9. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 5, 2017, 01:23 Frijoles

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 5, 2017, 00:41:
Footage Ive seen so far looks like from a ~2011 game.

Meh, not too bad. Yeah, not the most eye-popping I've ever seen, but looks good enough. Really enjoying it so far. Only played a bit over an hour though.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
16. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 18:30 Frijoles

Quinn wrote on May 3, 2017, 18:25:
I'll cut off my balls and upload it to my YouTube channel if this won't have something strongly to do with Vaas. Perhaps you'll play as him.

That right there sounds like insanity.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
10. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 12:54 Frijoles

Loved Far Cry 3, even more than Far Cry 4. Would love to go back.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 1, 2017, 01:14 Frijoles

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 30, 2017, 18:33:
Too bad dow3 sucks.

I'm finding it very hard to load it up and play. Each mission just feels like I'm fighting through mud. Attack point A, but you have to do it along this corridor. And your units are going to be shit while resources trickle in to replace them. Have fun. Ugg. Regretting my purchase. I keep hoping it opens up more but no luck so far.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Launches; D.Va Plans Revealed
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Launches; D.Va Plans Revealed Apr 26, 2017, 10:07 Frijoles

I played this a ton when it came out, but haven't really been on much in the last year. I jumped on last night, and it just didn't feel right. The interface felt really clunky coming from Overwatch. Almost like a mobile app with store purchases everywhere. Also I noticed that the sound didn't have much impact in the game itself, again coming from Overwatch. Just felt off. Was hoping 2.0 would get me back in since I used to enjoy the game, but sadly I don't think that's going to happen.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow
6. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 15:24 Frijoles

MacLeod wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 15:18:
It's much more quick playing and round based than an open world game like you mentioned.

How quick is a round?

News Comments > Oculus Seeks New Trial vs ZeniMax
2. Re: Oculus Seeks New Trial vs ZeniMax Apr 12, 2017, 21:43 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 21:13:
"We didn't like the verdict of the first trial, so we want a new one."

Pretty much a guarantee in any large case isn't it?

News Comments > Yooka-Laylee Released
1. Re: Yooka-Laylee Released Apr 11, 2017, 20:22 Frijoles

Lot of hype for this one. Anyone know why? Looks like any other game. I haven't followed it a whole lot, but I see it mentioned in a lot of places.  

News Comments > Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter Released
3. Re: Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter Released Apr 4, 2017, 12:14 Frijoles

Movement is good too. I don't care much for the stand-in-this-circle-and-don't-move games. Serious Sam was fun for a few minutes, but there's only so much you can do from within a circle. Compared to Raw Data or Budget Cuts, which require a lot of movement.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month
10. Re: Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month Apr 3, 2017, 18:21 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 17:37:
I can figure out modeling, and loading my models into the engine (I tried Unity), but even with tutorials, I can't get past that at all. I'm not going for complex; my first goal was to make a room and be able to teleport or hoverboard around it.

Have you tried this one for Vive? It was pretty straightforward when I played with it last. I've got my Touch working in Unity, but it took a lot of fiddling to make it work right. Most I can do at the moment is pick up a quad and throw it, or use the joystick to move.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Apr 1, 2017, 20:52 Frijoles

He was arrested last year and pleaded guilty yesterday. He is scheduled for sentencing in June and is looking at up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

He also won't ever work in IT again since his name is out there. He should consider changing it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 31, 2017, 23:22 Frijoles

“But what it comes down to is that we need to protect the integrity and experience of the game for all of our players. WoW is very much a living world—anything that can change actual in-game content has the possibility of affecting the experience for all players on a technical side, even if they choose not to use the addon, besides materially changing the lore that binds the universe together.

Sounds like bullshit. Someone presented a better quest system than Blizz did, so they removed it. Will WoW ever add voice to quests? Aside from the few they have?

News Comments > HTC Adding Eye Tracking VIVE Ads
8. Re: HTC Adding Eye Tracking VIVE Ads Mar 31, 2017, 16:47 Frijoles

Nut wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 14:39:
you'll find that a huge majority of the regulars there will suggest that you "uninstall all the Vive software as crap" (meaning as distinct from SteamVR, at least).

Viveport (the HTC software) is crap. /r/Vive was suggesting to remove it even before this. It's buggy and adds overhead that you don't need. Although it did hook up with your phone, and that was cool. But the install and setup process was hit or miss. Took me several attempts to get it working, and then I never used it. I uninstalled it after finding out it wasn't necessary.

4. Re: HTC Adding Eye Tracking VIVE Ads Mar 31, 2017, 11:55 Frijoles

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 11:03:
What is this magic you speak of? What performance gains, how? Got any links?

Video is a couple years old but shows how it works: Foveated Rendering with eye tracking

2. Re: HTC Adding Eye Tracking VIVE Ads Mar 31, 2017, 11:01 Frijoles

Isn't this also running under the HTC software? I uninstalled that garbage and just use SteamVR.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
11. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 12:20 Frijoles

I just want a patch to fix the planet zooming every damn time I click to go somewhere. Need to visit another system with 0% explored? Better break out the phone so I can fuck around while it shows me the same animation over and over. I'm surprised their testers didn't go insane.  

News Comments > WoW Scaling Changes
1. Re: WoW Scaling Changes Mar 29, 2017, 12:40 Frijoles

Kinda defeats the purpose of gearing up and leveling if a fresh 110 is the same as a 905 geared raider. Hope they roll it back.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Time Limit Removed
4. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Time Limit Removed Mar 28, 2017, 12:28 Frijoles

Cram wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 09:44:
Anyone playing this game that can provide some opinions on how it is these days?

I bounce between MMOs. Last played this one about a month ago. The lower-level fates are fairly empty, so there's a bit of grind to level up. The Palace of the Dead was interesting. That's the procedurally generated instance that gets harder as you dive deeper. Mainly I just healed instance runs and did my one-a-day bonus to slowly level. I honestly didn't see a whole lot different from several months ago when I played last. It's a nice change of scenery, but if you hate WoW types MMOs, you probably wouldn't like it. Level 35 would certainly give you a taste though.

2564 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo