Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2585 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 30, 2017, 22:36 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 21:04:
What I worry is that this will (again) make developers make the first 2 hours completely awesome and the next 20 complete untested broken shit.

About how long my attention span is. Excellent.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 28, 2017, 13:16 Frijoles

I wonder how many got hit with WannaCry, restored their systems, and then didn't patch the security hole so now they get to repeat.  

News Comments > Secret World Legends Launched
5. Re: Secret World Legends Launched Jun 26, 2017, 13:20 Frijoles

Jumped on to play this, saw nothing different. Apparently you have to start a new char. May try again tonight, but the character graphics and animations are showing their age. Makes it harder to get back in to.  

News Comments > Ensign Watson Joins Star Trek: Bridge Crew
2. Re: Ensign Watson Joins Star Trek: Bridge Crew Jun 23, 2017, 10:07 Frijoles

Been waiting for this update. Except I spent my money on the Steam sale. I do like Ramen noodles. Hmmm...  

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week
1. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week Jun 20, 2017, 21:59 Frijoles

Should have kept it for D4. D3 just passed 5 years. Without some sort of new area, $15 seems too high to me. On the other hand, I could just sell some WoW gold and buy it.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Delays Xen Again
11. Re: Black Mesa Delays Xen Again Jun 20, 2017, 16:49 Frijoles

Wasn't Xen fairly short? I don't remember so well after all these years. Kinda surprised it's taking so long for just this one section, but I guess it's all new assets.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 19, 2017, 09:46 Frijoles

Blue should have made this two posts. The headline makes it sound like the reviews are crashing because an online cheat code was killed.  

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
9. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 14:36 Frijoles

Would love to play an updated WC3. Would prefer to play a new WC4. Something set well after WoW's current timeline.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 in October
15. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 16:08 Frijoles

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 14:38:
heres what it looks like on PC at 4K 60fps..

Looks pretty. Fuck that controller movement though. Hope they get the controls right for the PC. That's usually my biggest issue with ports. NOT ALL OF US ARE ON WASD! ESDF master race unite!

News Comments > DOOM VFR Announced
6. Re: DOOM VFR Announced Jun 12, 2017, 11:55 Frijoles

Doom looks awesome as fuck. Looking forward to it. Fallout 4 looks interesting, but I want to see the movement systems. I get ill without teleportation.  

News Comments > VR Theme Park Rides
3. Re: VR Theme Park Rides Jun 10, 2017, 12:19 Frijoles

Looks like a bad cash grab. The stills on Steam look horrible. Maybe this will give the guys at Planet Coaster some ideas though and they'll implement a VR camera in their game. That could be fun.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 10, 2017, 02:33 Frijoles

I have a curved ultra-wide monitor. I barely notice it. What I do notice, as mentioned above, is glare. Tons of glare. I have a light behind me. I have to turn it off if the game is dark, otherwise I can't see shit. Even with the contrast/brightness up, it's hard to see. Fine for everything else though. Although it doesn't really line up nicely with my secondary monitor now.  

News Comments > Harsher Overwatch Leaver Penalties Planned
6. Re: Harsher Overwatch Leaver Penalties Planned Jun 9, 2017, 18:45 Frijoles

I don't know that I've ever left a match in the middle of it. Does it give you a warning or mark of some sort so you can tell that the server flagged you? I usually leave the second "Defeated" comes up, lots of times with alt-f4. Would hate to think I'm getting a penalty/ban. I know they've said it's safe to leave at that point, but would be nice to check somewhere.  

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
7. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 11:23 Frijoles

On the other hand, they're supposedly making 3 new VR games. Perhaps those new VR games have no story (or it's already done). Valve was the top company I wanted to work for years ago. Not really true anymore, although I don't know who I'd pick these days. Retirement would be nice.  

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
1. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 09:22 Frijoles

Valve is losing a lot of people lately. Bunch to Oculus. Now this. Maybe they're all bored with nothing to do.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2017, 21:53 Frijoles

Landline and mobile voice service are both considered telecommunications by the FCC. But "Internet service providers do not appear to offer 'telecommunications,'" because “broadband Internet users do not typically specify the ‘points’ between and among which information is sent online,” Pai’s NPRM argues.

Also weird to say, because I sure as shit don't know the "points" between a phone call I make. I suppose my cell phone isn't telecommunications either? Land lines stopped being telecommunications a long time ago according to that definition. In fact, I know more about my web surfing connections and hops than I do my phone.

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released
9. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released May 30, 2017, 23:18 Frijoles

Slick wrote on May 30, 2017, 22:52:
Oh, there's no possible way to get rid of the sweat with this contraption. I'm thinking of figuring out a USB-powered fan that I can just glue to the front of the HMD.

Only VR game I've sweat in was Superhot. Can't imagine you'd be moving much in this one.

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released
5. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released May 30, 2017, 22:44 Frijoles

Creston wrote on May 30, 2017, 22:41:
Is this playable across the web, or do all people need to be in the same location?

It's playable with other people, and in fact preferred. I think there's Discord group or something where people are meeting up. I haven't bought it yet. I'm waiting for the upcoming patch that integrates Watson so I can use voice commands. I'm a loner these days.

News Comments > Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches
3. Re: Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches May 28, 2017, 15:27 Frijoles

Quinn wrote on May 28, 2017, 13:44:
The trailer really has me wondering how this game gets bad reviews.

Most of the criticism I read last night basically said it was the same game as Banished. It definitely looks very similar. Good comparison video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEb6ODnhSUA

News Comments > The Surge Released
14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2017, 12:51 Frijoles

Anyone who's played, how are the controls on a keyboard? I can't remember the controls on LotF.  

2585 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo