Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2619 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2017, 12:46 Frijoles

War of the Chosen is very buggy for me. I've had animations stop, dead bodies stand up, objectives not complete despite doing them (this one is annoying), and sometimes the camera stops following whomever is moving. It's starting to annoy me.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer Sep 10, 2017, 12:35 Frijoles

Neat. Afraid I'm not that clever though. Anyone playing? Is it the same as the first game? I never got close to finishing it. The EA version might be better for me since it's only a few hours long I've read.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs
4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs Sep 8, 2017, 22:21 Frijoles

I should buy this. I'd probably never play though 'cause I'm a lone wolf (pup).

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 8, 2017, 12:42 Frijoles

So sounds like our choices are: A) free credit monitoring for a year or B) get to take part in a class-action lawsuit. Tough choice, since the class-action will most likely get us what, $5 Visa gift card? I should have become a lawyer.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 5, 2017, 23:53 Frijoles

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 21:40:
If the computer says you owe 12 then by golly you owe 12.

Why the hell didn't they just add 12 cents to her next bill?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2017, 15:55 Frijoles

MT Silver wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 15:33:
What impressed me the most were the loading times. They went from around 20 seconds on my system to 3. :O

Which is good because of all the reloading I do and.. erm.. I know. I'm ashamed of myself.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
25. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 14:15 Frijoles

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:48:
Same. The turn extension mod was the only thing that saved it for me. I'll probably wait until the Christmas sale to make sure that the mods are all working properly... Well...that and the fact that I'm in a backlog of titles I'm trying to play at this hot second.

Sounds like this version has an ini file that lets you tweak the turns. Most likely a mod is coming that does it for you (the current top turns mod was broken when I last looked). So not quite as easy as a mod yet, but not hard to change.

6. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 12:18 Frijoles

Rhett wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:10:
And it's a "start over" type of DLC. It integrates with the campaign and adds way more stuff to play with. A lot more to do on the strategy layer, more options in battles, and random SITREPs that can change up missions, like having one heavily-buffed soldier instead of a full squad.

Any idea if older mods still work? I had one that extended the turns of the mission before reinforcements came in. I hate feeling rushed.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 29, 2017, 12:08 Frijoles

A full size car to deliver a pizza seems overkill.  

3. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 12:06 Frijoles

So is this a "start over and play this" DLC or a "Use your uber-max level characters" DLC? I never finished the game, but I get tempted to play again.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2017, 21:40 Frijoles

Valve may not care about Dota being review bombed, but I bet they'll care about Artifact getting bombed. Of course, they can just prune the reviews easily enough.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
6. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 11:13 Frijoles

Capella wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 10:58:
I have never understood what the hell happened for them not to finish this.

$$$ happened. Hopefully CS:GO and TF2 start to die to other games. Maybe Valve will give a fuck if their cash cows are threatened. I don't see DOTA going anywhere anytime soon though.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today
4. Re: etc. Aug 25, 2017, 11:10 Frijoles

Was this one locked to 30fps? I was reading articles about it, but they kept saying Destiny, so I'm not sure if they meant Destiny 2.  

News Comments > BRINK Goes Free-to-Play
1. Re: BRINK Goes Free-to-Play Aug 22, 2017, 18:02 Frijoles

Some news I didn't expect to ever see.. since I thought it was dead. I may have to try it again. I recall enjoying various aspects of it.  

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow; DLC Sample This Weekend
6. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow; DLC Sample This Weekend Aug 14, 2017, 22:34 Frijoles

They need some new enemies to kill. I'm tired of killing Alex over and over. I enjoyed leveling up in the game, but not much reason to play anymore. Maybe they can unlock/expand to another location.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2017, 00:40 Frijoles

Don't they get sued for patent violations every time they release anything?  

News Comments > Overwatch Getting Deathmatch
4. Re: Overwatch Getting Deathmatch Aug 10, 2017, 20:42 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 19:53:
This is a really strange decision.... why not add some story mode or persistent PvE mode instead?

I get the impression that they add things that they want to play around the office. And since they have a bunch of people in the office to play with, PvE is probably lower on the list.

News Comments > Oculus Home Warms to Steam
4. Re: Oculus Home Warms to Steam Aug 5, 2017, 13:39 Frijoles

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 13:20:
What they need is a way to have oculus games be installed on a any drive you have vs the one you set oculus up on originally.

You're probably already aware of symbolic links. Pain in the ass, but they work. It's hard to believe anyone would put out software that doesn't allow you to move where the files are located. Even their SDK was pretty bitchy about it's path for a while (under DK1).

Also, while nice to have, this change above isn't a big deal. What I want is for Oculus games to work in Vive without jumping through hoops and using Revive. Some games are cross-compatible, but not many.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results
2. Re: Activision Blizzard Results Aug 3, 2017, 21:10 Frijoles

No mention of Heroes of the Storm. I wonder how it's doing. They keep pimping it which makes me think it's dying.

Blizzard had Q2-record time spent. In April, Blizzard launched Uprising, an Overwatch seasonal event that included a player-versus-environment mode that drew record play time.

Hope this means more of this. I really enjoyed it. I want something a bit longer though and not so wave-like. Like an MMO. Bring back Titan!

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
8. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans Jul 29, 2017, 13:25 Frijoles

I should create an account with the name LiveOnTwitch. Nobody would kill me. It's the perfect plan.  

2619 Comments. 131 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo