Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2416 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
13. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Nov 19, 2015, 23:43 Frijoles

They should use some of the profits from the game to buy keyboards and mice for everyone. It's clear nobody in Beth's imaginary QA department has one. Now how do I exit this window? Is it tab? Escape? E? Fuck if I know. Press all the buttons. Skyrim wasn't as bad as the shit going on in FO4. It's like one of their employees got pissed and deliberately fucked up all the keybinding code.

Mods can't get here soon enough. And yeah, Dogmeat pissed me off with getting in the way, so I ditched him and went with the no companion perk. No regrets.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
20. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 15, 2015, 00:46 Frijoles

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 21:59:
You don't strike me as having sufficient brainpower if you call SC2 better than SC1.

All you're doing is calling him names and not backing anything up. Why do you feel SC1 was better? Give some examples. I don't recall a whole lot of depth in the SC1 missions. It was primarily "build base and overwhelm enemy" or "take this tiny group to point X". I could add that SC2 has a few other mission types, but you'd just call them a gimmick. Not really sure what you're looking for in an RTS.

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
5. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 13, 2015, 22:15 Frijoles

Glad to see an RTS selling over a million units. The genre needs more releases. And this expansion was really well done. I'm about half-way through, and the variety of missions is great. Plus the cut-scenes after each mission are amazing. Only wish I had more time for both this and FO4.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches
7. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015, 11:44 Frijoles

And now they can begin work on Warcraft 4. (except the SC2 team is working on Heroes)

News Comments > Overwatch Origins Edition Details
15. Re: Overwatch Origins Edition Details Nov 6, 2015, 20:04 Frijoles

Devinoch wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 18:05:
I'm not preordering until I've gotten a chance to play it a little, though, so hopefully I get into the beta. Been burned too much lately.

They've said they're going to have some open beta weekends prior to launch.

News Comments > Overwatch Origins Edition Details
6. Re: Overwatch Origins Edition Details Nov 6, 2015, 16:29 Frijoles

InBlack wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 16:08:
MajorD wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 12:56:
I'll be surprised if this game does all that well overall.

Why exactly? Does Blizzard's past record have anything to do with it?

Blizzard games never do well. They've all failed. Except Rock n Roll Racing.

Edit: forgot my /s (shouldn't be necessary though).

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Released
4. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Released Oct 30, 2015, 23:26 Frijoles

Retired wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 21:25:
Fired it up and the first new boss I hit just destroyed me. Going to take a while to get good at this game again.

Yeah, I've tried several times, and I can't ever get very far. I even bought the latest one just off of reviews, but I can't see the appeal. I'm guessing I have to clear the whole level/boss at the end before I can save at least something from the run? Starting over from scratch every time only frustrates me and makes me rage quit.

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
8. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 28, 2015, 14:39 Frijoles

runnerct32 wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 14:10:
why does it take them so long to make one game? I am not impressed at all with Doom 4

Bethesda's floors are covered in money and lawyers. It's hard to move around.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
12. Re: Fallout 4 Preload Plans Oct 26, 2015, 22:12 Frijoles

Undocumented Alien wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 22:01:
I never finished Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout:NV, or Skyrim... why would I get this?

I didn't either. Instead I roamed the wasteland killing anything and everything. Looted everything not nailed down. Drank out of vending machines and toilets. In the end I put over 100 hours in to each of these games but never came close to finishing the main quest. So yeah, I preordered. The citizens of Fallout 4 won't likely see me saving them though.

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
11. Re: DOOM Alpha Video Oct 23, 2015, 00:37 Frijoles

So for anyone who got an email saying this has been added to their Steam account, but can't find it... it's called "CLOSED ALPHA". Has a little Doom icon. Because calling it anything with the word "Doom" in it wouldn't be confusing enough, I guess.

Luckily it showed up on my quick list or I wouldn't have seen it.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
1. Re: Saturday Patches Oct 17, 2015, 17:01 Frijoles

Thought this game was dead? Glad I played it when it came out; it was a lot of fun. The only thing I've heard lately though is that it's a ghost town.  

News Comments > More Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes
1. Re: More Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes Oct 15, 2015, 12:00 Frijoles

If they hit it enough times, I'm sure they'll make it work.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2?
3. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2? Oct 12, 2015, 09:31 Frijoles

I'd be happy with one of those Portal like comic strips they did to tell us wtf happened after the end of episode 2.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
17. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 9, 2015, 22:59 Frijoles

You know it's a serious patch when they release the notes in a PDF.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
18. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 10:59 Frijoles

I was really waiting and hoping that the internal explosion camera was going to be sucked in to space.  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M
5. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M Oct 9, 2015, 10:52 Frijoles

This game gets updates constantly. I always see it in my list of downloads. However, it also is the only game that seems to bring my HD to its knees while it's decompressing. I kind of wonder what they're doing. A 300 meg patch shouldn't cripple my system for 5 minutes.  

News Comments > Voice Actors Authorize Strike
6. Re: Voice Actors Authorize Strike Oct 8, 2015, 10:27 Frijoles

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 10:15:
"Stunt pay" for VO's is probably the most funny thing there.

It takes a lot of skill and hard work to make your voice sound like it's falling out of a plane or in a car wreck. It's very dangerous work.

News Comments > StarCraft II 3.0 & Whispers of Oblivion Released
3. Re: StarCraft II 3.0 & Whispers of Oblivion Released Oct 6, 2015, 23:40 Frijoles

Just tried the free mission... I'm very rusty. I really hate timed missions so I wish they'd gone with something else. Still fun and I look forward to the full expansion. Thinking I need to replay a bit though before it comes out since I don't remember the story very well.  

News Comments > Prison Architect Released
6. Re: Prison Architect Released Oct 6, 2015, 23:38 Frijoles

Great game. The escape mode needs a lot of balancing though. You can max out your skills in about 2 minutes of playing, which means you can one-hit kill guards (and everyone else) quite often. Makes the whole thing trivial. You mainly get stopped by stun guns. Even shotguns aren't as bad as those. I was entertained for a couple hours though with it. And that doesn't count the 20 or so hours I put in to the prison building part.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Patched
8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 16:09 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:34:
Have to admit I stopped playing this entirely... while fun, the match making is total garbage

I stopped playing when they MADE me kill 50 fucking treasure goblins. Burned me out and I haven't been back. Although I do plan on coming back, just need a break. I need to show off my profile portrait to myself. In hindsight, not worth it.

2416 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo