Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2434 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
8. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 3, 2016, 12:34 Frijoles

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:30:
Least Peter can ship a product.

Mind you, clickable cubes that don't do much are pretty difficult to code.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
7. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 3, 2016, 12:33 Frijoles

I have both Godus and Godus Wars in my Steam library now. Installing the Wars one. My expectations are about as low as possible.  

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Next Week
1. Re: Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Next Week Feb 2, 2016, 00:36 Frijoles

Too many games, not enough time. They need to start spreading them out a bit. XCOM2 this week, Tomb Raider last week. Division's beta. Damn. I need to retire so I can play more games.  

News Comments > The Division Beta Extended
8. Re: The Division Beta Extended Feb 1, 2016, 12:48 Frijoles

Parias wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 12:27:
How's the storyline so far? If nothing else, this sounds like it might be a fun game to romp through with a friend co-operatively, so long as it has a decent plot. I don't know if there's really any focus on storyline missions though or if it's just a bunch of random grindy quests?

Most of it was disabled for the beta. The very few missions were same-y. Go here and rescue hostages. Go there and kill bad guys. Not a lot of variation, but most of it is disabled.

I was a bit annoyed that I'm the only soldier (the few you run in to are always pinned down as part of a side-mission). The base is full of them, but nobody goes with to help.

News Comments > The Division Beta Extended
7. Re: The Division Beta Extended Feb 1, 2016, 12:46 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 11:39:
How well does it run?

I had it on "High" settings running on my Ultrawide (3440x1440) on a GTX 980. FPS was right around 40 - 45. Not low enough to bother me, and it still looked great. I put it on a 1920x1200 monitor at Ultra settings and it was hitting the 60 fps cap. Runs really well on my system (Tomb Raider gets about the same FPS if you can compare with that).

UI could use some love. It looks good, but you can tell it's a port (it says to Q/E to move between menu sections, although mouse also works).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2016, 14:49 Frijoles

Enjoying Division a lot more than I thought I would. Trying to avoid playing it now since I know everything is wiped. Ended up in the Dark Zone last night for about 3 hours and eventually joined up with a group of four. Hunted down rogues and occasionally went rogue ourselves on accident. It was a lot of fun.

Interface is shit though. It looks really good, but has some weird usability issues. Have to use keyboard for the most part since the mouse is hit and miss. And if your mouse pointer is over something, it fucks up the keyboard. Overall though I enjoyed the beta.

News Comments > SUNLESS SEA Free Weekend; New Content
3. Re: SUNLESS SEA Free Weekend; New Content Jan 29, 2016, 15:45 Frijoles

I think I starved to death. Or something like that. Couldn't get money to buy something I needed. I should probably try again. I liked the art style.  

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
10. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 13:11 Frijoles

Kxmode wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 12:48:
TangledThorns wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 12:39:
As much as I loved the last game I don't want to pay $60. I'll wait till I see a deal.

And that's fine. The $60 price tag is a premium for early adopters.

Or $43 if you use the code that was posted a couple days ago for GMG (27% off). They have a 20% off code on the front of their site, too.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2016, 15:35 Frijoles

afka Rossini wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 12:55:
I broke down and pre-ordered this today at GMG. Using the code
27RISE-OFTOMB-RAIDER saved me 27%.

Excellent, thank you for the code. Brings the cost to $43.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Winter Patch
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Winter Patch Jan 27, 2016, 11:01 Frijoles

Sempai wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 22:15:
Does this mean you can outright fly, or just glide from to the ground from a high place you climbed?

It means no more accidentally killing yourself because you forgot you can't fly in the old zones. I wonder how long until they add a few updrafts in cities. I bet they'll do it someday (even though they said they won't).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 26, 2016, 17:21 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 12:58:
Tempted to pick up an ultrawide to replace my old standby 1980x1200. Lots of good offerings these days, but I know OLED is right around the corner.

I just did this a couple weeks ago. Got the Dell 34" Ultrawide to replace a 1980x1200. It's a thing of beauty. Only downside is my single GTX980 went from everything on ultra running 60+ FPS in everything to stuttering at 30FPS in various games at high settings (Witcher 3, FO4). But damn it's beautiful. Thinking I should SLI it now, except I had to sell a kidney to get it.

News Comments > Over 1M Blade & Soul Players
12. Re: Over 1M Blade & Soul Players Jan 26, 2016, 10:14 Frijoles

InBlack wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 02:33:
Perma-death in combination with exciting gameplay mechanics.

I'd never play an MMO with permadeath. Too many fuckwads out there who's only goal is to kill me (even if I only PVE). Unless getting to max level and decent equipment is fairly easy, such as with D3. I'd be okay going back to losing a level, although that'd kill raiding.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month
4. Re: Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month Jan 21, 2016, 23:03 Frijoles

I really enjoyed playing Mei. Bit surprised by that. Using the ice wall to block the enemy either away from our objective or blocking them so they're stuck with 3 of my teammates attacking him with no support, that was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the return of the beta (and hoping I get in).  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X DLC Skipping PC; Backlash Ensues
5. Re: Mortal Kombat DLC Skipping PC; Backlash Ensues Jan 21, 2016, 11:41 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 11:09:
As shitty as this is... Uh oh, not the steam reviews! Maybe next they'll create an online petition!

I use Steam reviews all the time. Sort by recent and read a few of those. I definitely avoid a game if the reviews are in the mixed area, or at least scrutinize it more.

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Released
2. Re: Darkest Dungeon Released Jan 19, 2016, 21:40 Frijoles

I enjoy it. Unfortunately though I suck at it. And since there's no difficulty settings (I guess that'd defeat the point), I gave up. Still, was fun for the first level. Would love to see the game unfold but don't have the time.  

News Comments > Minecraft: Education Edition Announced
6. Re: Minecraft: Education Edition Announced Jan 19, 2016, 18:16 Frijoles

Oneprince wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 18:12:
You guys would definitely be surprised. I did Hour of Code at a nearby school and the teacher showed me a vid of a class project using Minecraft.

Both my kids did this a few weeks ago and they both loved it. The older one is learning how to use redstone switches now. Mainly to blow shit up (like his younger brother).

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2016, 17:42 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 13:09:
I hope this law passes so i can see how this will work out for them.

I hope the folks who pass this are first to experience the inevitable leak. Something tells me they won't give a shit until their information is all over the net, and then they'll cry about it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 17, 2016, 19:03 Frijoles

The port of Dragon's Dogma could have been better. The menu system is shit. It's manageable, but the way the split apart the equipment and regular inventory is a pain in the ass to use. And no drag/drop for moving stuff around. A lot of it is arrow keys. Various buttons on screen can't be clicked. Backspace saves changes?? WTF is up with that??

I think I'm around 6 hours in. I am enjoying it, but GOTY it is not. I'd say $10 is the right price for it. Oh, and no ultrawide support, but I can forgive that one since this game is a few years old.

News Comments > John Romero's New DOOM Level
2. Re: Doomsday! Jan 15, 2016, 19:59 Frijoles

Instead of tweeting this, he should have put it in his .plan.  

News Comments > Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift
16. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 1, 2016, 22:28 Frijoles

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 21:35:
Half-Life 2 is supported. Great. Did you re-do it with hi-rez textures and improved poly-counts? No? Why the hell would I pay $500 to see graphics from over a decade ago?

It's very immersive. Even though HL2 is probably the one game I'd not recommend because of the weird movement in the game. If you haven't been using a headset much, it's a good way to end up in pukeville.

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 21:35:
Make World of Warcraft compatible.

Blizzard has said they're keeping an eye on VR and will decide if they want to add it. It's also somewhat already added if you want to do it yourself (or was for DK1). The UI was a bit weird though.

Lots of games have support already via VorpX or Vireio, but it's not native support so it's not quite as good. But you can still play many many games using it. In fact, FO4 is already working using VorpX.

2434 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo