Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2471 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Assembly This Summer
2. Re: The Assembly This Summer Apr 8, 2016, 22:31 Frijoles

Tom wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 20:17:
Dang it, I was hoping it was this Assembly in VR. Or at least this one.

Future Crew forever!! I had the same thought.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 6, 2016, 22:23 Frijoles

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 22:12:
Upside of a password manager: complex, autogenerated passwords you don't have to remember.

Downside of a password manager: rules out seriously using new browsers which don't support your password manager's plugin.

Even worse are god dammed websites that don't let you paste in to the password box. Your fucking CSS eyeball shit is not as important as my secure password.

News Comments > BlizzCon in November, Tickets This Month
4. Re: BlizzCon in November, Tickets This Month Apr 6, 2016, 22:19 Frijoles

25 years is a big milestone. I wonder if they'll do something special. *cough* Warcraft 4 *cough* What's the SC2 team doing these days? Who do I have to bribe to get WC4?  

News Comments > HTC Vive Ships & SteamVR Launches
12. Re: HTC Vive Ships & SteamVR Launches Apr 6, 2016, 11:06 Frijoles

saluk wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 03:24:
Especially flipping people off in hover junkers after finally getting a kill lol.

Any thoughts on Hover Junkers? It's the first game I want to get when my Vive finally arrives. Worth the price? Is it more than just a tech demo?

With all the shipping problems, I finally broke down and pulled my DK2 out of the box over the weekend. Spent about 3 hours in it playing various games from Oculus Home. Lucky's Tale was really good. It'll be a fun summer if either company can manage to ship it.

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
25. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 23:15 Frijoles

Sepharo wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 21:00:
Frijoles wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 17:35:
I don't recall there being a restriction on characters that you can pick, so I believe a Tracer and Widowmaker could play together. Seems wrong now.

Huh? You were right with the first sentence. There is no character limit. Your team could play all Widowmakers and Tracers if you'd like.

Right, and that makes me wonder what the point is of developing all this lore. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but then we turn around and jump in a match to fight side by side. At least in Heroes, enemies of one another make comments about it, and they're fighting in the Nexus, so it isn't as weird. There's a huge disconnect between the game and the lore, IMO, which is very unlike Blizzard.

"Here's a lot of great videos that have nothing to do with the game!"

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Apr 4, 2016, 17:39 Frijoles

I stopped logging in a little over a week ago after hitting 30. Stardew Valley, of all things, sucked me away. I keep meaning to go back, but can't really see any reason to. Was fun while it lasted though. Think I hit around 30 hours in it.  

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
19. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 17:35 Frijoles

They sure have a lot of lore for the game. I wonder if the videos were done/mostly done while it was still Titan. I think that's one area that makes me sad. So much lore, but we'll never see it in the game itself. I don't recall there being a restriction on characters that you can pick, so I believe a Tracer and Widowmaker could play together. Seems wrong now.

And Tracer is overused in the marketing material, IMO. Show us some other characters.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
30. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 18:34 Frijoles

Baristan wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 15:16:
On reddit people say the Rift still works when blocked by a firewall. Someone did a packet analysis and found it to only be doing version checking every 30 seconds, at least for now.

Here's the image of it. It's doing version checking on the packages. Not worried yet, but I'm glad people are sniffing the packets.

News Comments > DOOM Cinematic
4. Re: DOOM Cinematic Mar 31, 2016, 21:51 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 20:51:
What's Master Chief doing here?

Had the same exact thought. Of course, Doom Guy came first, but yeah.. looks similar. Guy with helmet.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
3. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 28, 2016, 21:45 Frijoles

Fuck yeah. Hoping to get my Rift later this week or next at latest. Looking forward to the day when we have 8K(ish) displays and the systems to go with them that can push these graphics.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 28, 2016, 00:04 Frijoles

ItBurn wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:18:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:11:
Nice to see a peaceful, fun game like Stardew Valley taking the #2 spot showing that not every video game needs to have violence to be successful.

But it does actually contain violence

I've killed so, so many slimes. I need to build my slime press now. Or whatever it does.

News Comments > etc.
1. Division Mar 21, 2016, 11:33 Frijoles

I wonder how they get so many bugs in that video. I've seen some of them, like the sliding soldiers, but they seem to have a whole lot of clipping issues and holes in the levels.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 16, 2016, 22:14 Frijoles

nin wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 20:42:
I'm sure he has his reasons, it's not just "because".

Because he hates money. Why else run this site for so long? /s Or maybe he farms salt from us. He'd be a millionaire by now.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 16, 2016, 12:44 Frijoles

I use an ad blocker on Blues. I'm sorry. I just don't trust ads. Occasionally I look around for a way to donate money instead, but I can't see one. Hey Blue, put up a PayPal link. I want to give you money.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 16, 2016, 12:42 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 11:43:
He'll probably immediately complain that the first games aren't anything more than something you play for 15 minutes and you're done.

This will be the big issue for me. I'm a huge VR enthusiast and have both the Rift and Vive coming, but I do worry about the game selection. Are they going to be real games or just small bits of entertainment? Elite Dangerous was a full game that I had several hours (around 15 - 20) of fun with in VR (so much so that I can't play it without my display), but that was it. The others were interesting but not enough to make me hook everything up. Here's hoping that changes now that we're finally live.

News Comments > The Division Claims More Sales Records
2. Re: The Division Claims More Sales Records Mar 15, 2016, 21:19 Frijoles

So many sales, yet I hardly ever see anyone in the DZ late at night.  

News Comments > AMD's VR Headset & Dual-GPU Pro Video Card Announced
3. Re: AMD's VR Headset & Dual-GPU Pro Video Card Announced Mar 15, 2016, 11:50 Frijoles

25601440 OLED display with a 110 field of view

Yummy. Since you're packing around a PC and power supply on your head, I have to wonder about weight with this one. Looking forward to reviews though.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2016, 20:01 Frijoles

descender wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 19:15:
Apple also didn't give China anything remotely similar to what the US government is asking for.

Don't worry, after a few news media cycles, what they did for China will be a hundred times worse bordering on treason.

News Comments > CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077
3. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 10, 2016, 19:58 Frijoles

Hope they don't grow too fast. That seems to kill a lot of developers when they expand their team too quickly.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
6. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 00:59 Frijoles

DangerDog wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 00:17:
On one hand, good for Massive - on the other hand they'll probably want to push this out as a yearly title. I don't know if that'll work out for them.

It's a (somewhat) MMO, so yearly expansions. More than yearly, I believe. They have three listed already. Hopefully they come up with some new enemies. And someone that isn't named Alex.

2471 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo