Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2418 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2016, 17:42 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 13:09:
I hope this law passes so i can see how this will work out for them.

I hope the folks who pass this are first to experience the inevitable leak. Something tells me they won't give a shit until their information is all over the net, and then they'll cry about it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 17, 2016, 19:03 Frijoles

The port of Dragon's Dogma could have been better. The menu system is shit. It's manageable, but the way the split apart the equipment and regular inventory is a pain in the ass to use. And no drag/drop for moving stuff around. A lot of it is arrow keys. Various buttons on screen can't be clicked. Backspace saves changes?? WTF is up with that??

I think I'm around 6 hours in. I am enjoying it, but GOTY it is not. I'd say $10 is the right price for it. Oh, and no ultrawide support, but I can forgive that one since this game is a few years old.

News Comments > John Romero's New DOOM Level
2. Re: Doomsday! Jan 15, 2016, 19:59 Frijoles

Instead of tweeting this, he should have put it in his .plan.  

News Comments > Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift
16. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 1, 2016, 22:28 Frijoles

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 21:35:
Half-Life 2 is supported. Great. Did you re-do it with hi-rez textures and improved poly-counts? No? Why the hell would I pay $500 to see graphics from over a decade ago?

It's very immersive. Even though HL2 is probably the one game I'd not recommend because of the weird movement in the game. If you haven't been using a headset much, it's a good way to end up in pukeville.

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 21:35:
Make World of Warcraft compatible.

Blizzard has said they're keeping an eye on VR and will decide if they want to add it. It's also somewhat already added if you want to do it yourself (or was for DK1). The UI was a bit weird though.

Lots of games have support already via VorpX or Vireio, but it's not native support so it's not quite as good. But you can still play many many games using it. In fact, FO4 is already working using VorpX.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2015, 16:47 Frijoles

Bunch of info on Reddit. Sounds like their caching went haywire. Lots of personal info leaked, but hopefully no credit cards.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 21, 2015, 23:12 Frijoles

I bet he had a kick-ass settlement though.  

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Next Week?
9. Re: Steam Winter Sale Next Week? Dec 17, 2015, 15:48 Frijoles

Rhett wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 14:46:
But.. I dunno what to buy anymore. This new steam sale method with no flash sales is boring and disengaging.

This will be the first year in a while that I just don't care about Steam's sale. The fall one was such a let-down. Sure I'll jump on and look at my wishlist prices, but after that it's ho-hum.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
1. Re: Overwatch Video Dec 16, 2015, 23:36 Frijoles

I really like these. And I like that they're okay with scrapping a game system that sucks (or in D3's case, the majority of the system).  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 21:02 Frijoles

Nuhauser wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 20:23:
Bioshock 1 & 2 were quite awesome. That last game, not so much. The story was just far too ludicrous for my tastes.

But Elizabeth was wonderful! One of the rare NPCs that isn't terrible. I'm looking at you, Dogmeat.

News Comments > DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed
1. Re: DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed Dec 15, 2015, 20:58 Frijoles

And thatís only the beginning.

Why yes.. yes it is. What exactly have they been doing for 2 years?

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.0
11. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 11, 2015, 22:30 Frijoles

I just went to try it and it looks like I need to reinstall from scratch. I'm wondering how the flight controls are these days. When it first came out, I absolutely hated them. I've heard they've tweaked them a bit and made another mode even, but haven't tried yet. I really like the feel of Elite Dangerous and wonder how it compares.  

News Comments > Overwatch Free Content Plans
12. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 7, 2015, 22:29 Frijoles

So far it looks like those in the stress/beta test have enjoyed it, and those who are not recently had a pet murdered by Blizzard. Maybe a few in between.

Developer Diary was good, but I still want to see them address monetization in the future. I assume we're getting outfits.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Hiatus
9. Re: Overwatch Beta Hiatus Dec 4, 2015, 11:42 Frijoles

Bub wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 06:34:
Not in beta, cause to me this just looks like Unreal Tournament in HD, a twitchy fast paced get creamed by 12 year olds kind of game.

Let me guess, it is designed from the ground up to be played with a game controller.

It is very fast and twitchy. I'm sure there are some characters that can be played with a controller (tanks maybe), but quite a few would be hard as well. One thing I really like is that when you do the character selection, it tells you which roles are missing. It really encourages a well-rounded team. And the roles aren't just healing/support/tank. It says things like, "You have no builders" or "you have no snipers" depending on the map.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Hiatus
2. Re: Overwatch Beta Hiatus Dec 3, 2015, 22:17 Frijoles

I got in to the stress test and enjoyed it. You can tell they're just barely beta, if not alpha, though. No personal stats at all on any of the characters, so it's hard to see any progression. Not that it's needed (Q3 didn't have no stinkin' stats), but it's nice to have. Lots of other little things missing. Gameplay was really good though.

Also, Mei for life. <3

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 22:22 Frijoles

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 21:51:
Yeah, a Desktop Manager, it's like the Task Switcher (alt-tab), only more useful, and Linux and Mac have had it for years.

Been using this since I switched to 10 and I'm not sure I can go back to an OS without it. I use it at work all the time to hide my games.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 18:43 Frijoles

I'm tempted to rollback to 7. I get really weird hard drive usage bottlenecks on 10. I haven't been able to figure out the cause, but it's moved past annoying. The whole system locks up for about 20 seconds if the C Drive gets even slightly busy.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Nov 30, 2015, 23:37 Frijoles

If they are the same, it's because Beth was lazy and reused assets.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 30, 2015, 10:13 Frijoles

SlimRam wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 09:31:
Ummm...aren't these drones going be shot down and or destroyed/stolen in some way? They can't be cheap.

People keep suggesting this, but a FedEx truck seems easier to steal. They have no door and leave the key in. Also, the drones have cameras, so it'd probably only happen a few times if that.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
2. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 29, 2015, 20:34 Frijoles

I use the controller on Ori and the Blind Forest. Works fine for the most part, but I also ignore the touch pads. And then I got the Bash skill. And then I raged. Bash let's you point in a direction you want to go, but on the Steam Controller it moves at warp 10 so you can't position it very easily. Had to switch to keyboard so I could aim.

Aside from that it's been fine. Not sure anything is gained over an XBox controller, though.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Added
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Map Added Nov 24, 2015, 20:46 Frijoles

Sounds complicated. I like it.  

2418 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo