Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2546 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adds Hero
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adds Hero Oct 18, 2016, 23:40 Frijoles

So many characters to choose from, and they pick one that nobody knows and have to look up. Apparently a character from Warcraft 3.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope Early Access
2. Re: Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope Early Access Oct 18, 2016, 11:46 Frijoles

Bundy wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 09:18:
I got an Oculus coming tomorrow and the controllers pre-ordered. I think I'll definitely look closely at this game.

Isn't it Vive only at the moment (unless you mean when you get the controllers)? I imagine they'd add Rift/Touch support eventually (when Touch is released). I'm waiting for them to add a few more levels. Sounds pretty short at the moment.

News Comments > New Vive Controller and PS4 Controller Coming to Steam
5. Re: New Vive Controller and PS4 Controller Coming to Steam Oct 13, 2016, 14:46 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 12:38:
New Vive controllers are inevitable, and will likely ship with the second version of the headset.

I really hope so. Valve seems to have a bad habit of pushing something out there, and then forgetting all about it. I know HTC is the one building these, but have there been many software developments with SteamVR? Look at Rift and ATW. And now they have ASW. I know Valve would rather solve dropped frames differently, but this is one area I disagree with. I don't get much judder in the Rift. I do get it in the Vive more often.

As for that "killer app", that's still to be seen. Vanishing Realms would BE that killer app if it got more than one person developing it.

They're coming. The lineup from Oculus over the next year looks really good. I'm hoping they translate over to Vive. As much as I love the Vive and Roomscale, the Rift (IMO) is simply more comfortable, and the headphone solution on the Vive is shit. If there's one thing I hate dealing with, it's the fucking ear pieces on my Vive.

So yeah, I hope gen 2 solves these problems. And I hope Oculus version of Roomscale and touch blow things out of the water.

News Comments > Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins
4. Re: Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins Oct 11, 2016, 22:09 Frijoles

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 21:41:
[90% of the players in my friends list (80+) simply do not log in to Overwatch anymore. It seems like there has been a huge decline across the board in the past couple months.

This is me. The Olympics event really left a sour taste in my mouth. I had a friend who pushed really hard in it to get the skins he wanted, did the competitive shit, etc. He's burned out and hasn't played since. Time is also an issue for me, and other games are higher on my list right now. To be fair, one of those is WoW, so it's not like they've lost me as a customer.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 11, 2016, 17:27 Frijoles

bigspender wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 19:26:
However there are plenty of excellent simulator games that have adpoted VR support such as the updated DCS World 2.0 which just looks amazing in VR.

Just tried this last night for the first time with my Rift. After waiting what seemed to be about 5 minutes to load, I was about to force it to quit when it came up. Looked amazing. And then I promptly crashed. Still, the brief moment I was in the air was pretty neato. I'll have to try the helicopter one.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Eternal Throne Trailer
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Eternal Throne Trailer Oct 8, 2016, 11:26 Frijoles

I played when the game released so many years ago, but stopped a short while after that. I haven't looked at it since it went F2P. Is it worth jumping back in if you just do the F2P part? I heard it's pretty restricted, but that was when they first introduced it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 7, 2016, 10:11 Frijoles

Doesn't Snapchat just take pictures?  

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Support Ends
4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Support Ends Oct 6, 2016, 23:29 Frijoles

I've had this game on my wishlist for a while now, and it's still at full price ($50). Perhaps they should consider a sale if support is ending.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 6, 2016, 11:42 Frijoles

Zoopster wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 11:12:
Prepare to Job with Job Simulator, Out October 13 on PS VR

Because if you're too lazy to go out and look for a real job, you can always sit at home and pretend you have one.

My kids love this game. Whenever I let them use my headset, they want to play this one.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2016, 19:56 Frijoles

Wouldn't this mean we can go to their group websites and shit post er'y day, then sue them when they step in to remove said shit?  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 11:01 Frijoles

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 10:23:
Way too many folks think they are buying a soon to be finished game and/or fail to research anything about the game, then they bitch and moan as time goes by.

On the other hand, a lot of EA games seem to never really end up in a finished state. I'm all for doing research on a game, but there should be at least some requirement that the game doesn't misrepresent itself (*cough* fraud *cough*). EA is the shovelware bin at Walmart that occasionally has a good game thrown in.

News Comments > Serious Sam VR Early Access This Month
5. Re: Movement Oct 3, 2016, 23:37 Frijoles

Raw Data gun play is pretty fun (sword play is shit, IMO). Having said that, I hate wave games. If there's no player movement, then it's definitely not a game for me. Hopefully they sell enough though to make it worth their time.  

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
4. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 21, 2016, 19:43 Frijoles

Battle.Net (or bnet) until it dies.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2016, 11:57 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 11:45:
Yeah, and you can do actual, real work on a PC as well, so why even bother with a console/gimped PC to begin with?

In my case, exclusives I'll never play. My PS4 (and 3) are expensive Blu-Ray players. But by god, some day I will finish The Last of Us.

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
16. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 11:42 Frijoles

I think it's a good change, and I buy most games from GMG. Fuck devs that give out keys for good reviews. It's not like there's going to be a shortage of reviews because of this. People still buy directly from Steam.  

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard
12. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 13, 2016, 09:43 Frijoles

As much as I dislike Thrall, I'll be sad to see him go. He was a great presenter at BlizzCon and had a lot of energy.  

News Comments > VR Funhouse Mod Editor
11. Re: VR Funhouse Mod Editor Sep 2, 2016, 18:09 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 20:51:
WHATEVER!

VR Funhouse is great! Glad to see they're adding more content.

Are you running a 1080? I have a 980 and avoided this because supposedly it's targeted at the 1080 line. Guess I should just try it since it's free and see if my computer weeps.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 26, 2016, 09:54 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:56:
tiers. Most people aren't going to pay $70-$100 per month for GB because they don't need it. They'll obviously choose less for less money.

I pay $90 a month for 150mb (company pays it, anyway). Lowest tier internet is around $50. And this is in an area that "has" Google Fiber. I use quotes since although they've been running the fiber everywhere for the past year, it is only now just coming out and only at apartment complexes (which I'm not in).

Comcast has been very aggressive for the past year trying to get people in to bundled contracts, and speeds have shot up. Two years ago I was paying $70 for a 25mb connection. And the cap is around a terabyte. So the competition has definitely helped around here even though we can't actually sign up for Google Fiber yet.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced
2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced Aug 24, 2016, 21:40 Frijoles

$90 doesn't actually sound too bad. The Digital Deluxe version by itself is $80. I wasn't planning on getting a deluxe version of this, but it definitely makes it look more tempting. I'm a sucker for limited edition.  

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
11. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 22:14 Frijoles

wtf_man wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 20:30:
When you code for a company, the shit is automatically theirs. That's part of your employment agreement. You have to explicitly get permission to work on something on the side that they can't claim as theirs. (like making a little commercial app that has nothing to do with the company's business, nor competes against the company).

Sure, if you're Joe Blow from off the street. I'd be surprised if Carmack didn't have something in the contract for that, considering the guy could get a job anywhere he wanted on whatever terms he wanted. Or he just fucked up in a major way. As said above, I'll wait for the movie.

But no matter which way it goes, Zenimax lawyers can suck a dick.

2546 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo