Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2434 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2016, 20:01 Frijoles

descender wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 19:15:
Apple also didn't give China anything remotely similar to what the US government is asking for.

Don't worry, after a few news media cycles, what they did for China will be a hundred times worse bordering on treason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077
3. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 10, 2016, 19:58 Frijoles

Hope they don't grow too fast. That seems to kill a lot of developers when they expand their team too quickly.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
6. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 00:59 Frijoles

DangerDog wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 00:17:
On one hand, good for Massive - on the other hand they'll probably want to push this out as a yearly title. I don't know if that'll work out for them.

It's a (somewhat) MMO, so yearly expansions. More than yearly, I believe. They have three listed already. Hopefully they come up with some new enemies. And someone that isn't named Alex.

News Comments > The Division Tips
3. Re: The Division Tips Mar 9, 2016, 10:52 Frijoles

I'm really enjoying it as well. However, at level 7, I'm still using the starter weapons (although modded). I can't seem to find anything that increases the DPS over them. I should probably head to the DZ, but dammit, I want to improve the base! I suppose I could .. *gasp* .. buy a weapon from the vendor instead of waiting until one drops.

Now if I only had more time to play.

News Comments > Valve on Virtual Reality
2. Re: Valve on Virtual Reality Mar 8, 2016, 18:58 Frijoles

DangerDog wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 18:42:
It all sounds so exciting until you realize the VR experience is mostly an exercise in how long you can stand having a hot, heavy headset strapped to your head.

DK1 and 2 don't feel heavy to me. Can't say whether Vive is, but since it weighs about the same, I'm not expecting it to. I only wore it for a couple hours though with most sessions around an hour.

Does fuck up my eyes for a few minutes after taking it off though. Feels weird after removing it.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
13. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 8, 2016, 15:49 Frijoles

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 14:11:
Story wise it goes like this (someone places small pox on money and then with the Black Friday sales (especially in someone as populated in New York, especially with cabs, trains, subways, buses) it spread like wildfire.

So one thing I wasn't clear on, is this ONLY happening in New York/Brooklyn? Rest of the world is a-ok? They didn't make that very clear, but that's the impression I got. Doesn't make sense, though, if that's the case. That'd mean the rest of the US gave up on Manhattan and just left it to this small Division group instead of an army. Actually, I recall seeing other dots on the intro map in other cities. Now I'm unsure.

Wish there were more explosions. Looks great though. Hoping to play a bit more tonight since the servers couldn't handle it last night.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap
9. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap Mar 4, 2016, 10:25 Frijoles

Mac wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 02:57:
Alarm bells should be going for anyone pre-ordering The Division ... no proper reviews prior to launch ... Oo

Why do I need reviews when I played the beta and enjoyed it? I think I got a good 10 - 15 hours out of the beta, so no worries here about what to expect.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2016, 20:21 Frijoles

The ghosts look really good. That's about it. Is this a remake or something? From the trailer, the storyline looks exactly the same.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2016, 12:28 Frijoles

KS wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 11:56:
"uncheck the box for "Get fun facts, tips, tricks and more on your lock screen." "

I don't even have this setting. I'm set to show the default picture, though, and it never changes. So I must not have the spotlight thing going.

News Comments > Darkspore Closing Next Week
9. Re: Darkspore Closing Next Week Feb 23, 2016, 12:53 Frijoles

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 12:11:
Okay be honest, raise hands... who's still playing DarkSpore here? I almost could do the same for "who here even played it?", but I won't.

I very nearly fired it up last week while I was looking over my game list. My thought was, "This game is still around?" I had some fun with it, but I did very little of the online stuff (aside from what was required). If they could hack it to still run, I'd probably let my kid play with it. I think he'd enjoy it.

I may give it a final go this weekend for old times sake.

News Comments > Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us
17. Re: Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us Feb 23, 2016, 09:43 Frijoles

clint wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 23:46:
anyone tried and got results for vr ready or not, and have their specs too would be awesome.

Mine was at the top end and hovered around 110 - 120fps. GTX980, 16 gigs of memory, and an i7-4771 Haswell (3.9GHz). Download size was around 1.5ish gigs, not the full 4 gigs. Does seem rather large for what it does.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2016, 09:39 Frijoles

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 14:08:
You'll be waiting to extract your loot, and there's like 4 guys there that you know are going to start shooting you as soon as you go for the chopper, but you can't shoot them first or you'll be marked rogue and then everyone unloads on you.

I had the exact opposite problem. If anything, the extraction points were the safest area since there were typically four or five of us and if anything was red everyone attacked it. I was having problems finding rogues to fight. I play pretty late though, so that's probably why.

News Comments > Overwatch Progression Details
2. Re: Overwatch Progression Details Feb 10, 2016, 11:53 Frijoles

Game is awesome. Glad to hear they're adding co-op vs. bots, and the various rules for custom games sounds very interesting.  

News Comments > The Division Open Beta Next Week
10. Re: The Division Open Beta Next Week Feb 9, 2016, 22:12 Frijoles

DangerDog wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 14:53:
Didn't think they would do the open beta demo this close to release, might actually hurt them in terms of lowering the hype levels for the game.

Game shot up to #1 on Steam during the closed beta. Maybe it could have been higher/sustained it longer without the demo, but there's no doubt they got some pre-orders from it.

It's only been, what, 2 weeks since the beta? I really doubt they did much with the hacking and are just buying more time to fix it. Guess we'll find it out soon.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 7, 2016, 17:08 Frijoles

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 16:09:
I'm trying to understand how some companies are planning on dealing with this.

Install Enterprise version. I wonder if it does the same thing. I know we're evaluating it because it doesn't force updates (we want to control that). Enterprise also lets you turn off Cortana, so probably lets you disable other things.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
13. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 17:06 Frijoles

Doma wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 14:02:
That is a ton of XCOM 2, but damn its sure is good.

Damn buggy, too. Tutorial won't complete for me, just crashes to desktop. I turned it off and was able to get to the base, but there's still bugs and performance problems. Loading a mission takes a while. Alien Activity will sit there for 5+ seconds before anything happens. This on a GTX 980 with an i7 and 24 gigs of memory. I may be waiting for the performance patch before I really play it because right now it's just painful to try to play.

News Comments > Godus Wars Makes Controversial DLC Free
8. Re: Godus Wars Makes Controversial DLC Free Feb 4, 2016, 13:13 Frijoles

Alamar wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 10:45:
On the plus side, I'm no longer conflicted... They're just dicks...

Amen to that. Played it yesterday and thought, "Ok, maybe they're trying." Microtransactions? No, they're just dicks.

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
24. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 4, 2016, 01:32 Frijoles

After about 2 hours of playing, I have to admit that there is possibly a game here. It's a complete mess right now, but there's an underlying mechanic that I'm enjoying. They need quite a bit of time to refine it. And I really wonder why they released it as early as they did, since the reviews have destroyed it. They must be bankrupt. Nonetheless, hopefully something comes from this. I see a possible fun game many months/years down the road.

If you do try, don't judge it by the first 2 or 3 maps. They're crap. They should combine them in to a single map and call it the tutorial.

23. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 3, 2016, 21:23 Frijoles

saluk wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 18:35:
One way to recoup an investment. Rebrand, take out the most annoying part of the original game (excessive clicking), and hack in an opposing force.

Clicking is still there, although I'm not really sure you have to do it. You generate the .. uh.. pink stuff (faith?) automatically like in the later versions of Godus, but you can still click trees and rocks to generate a single point. Clicking a rock 10 times, gives you 10 of the pink stuff and destroys the rock. The building I had cost 500. BUT, it does generate automatically if you just want to wait a tiny bit longer.

I'm going to try it again on another computer. I want to see if the multiple applications its running is a thing on my other computer. You'd think that if they planned on relaunching it, that they'd take some time to make sure it was a quality relaunch. Unless they're just grabbing for money (surely that's not it!).

Edit: So yeah, it launches a second application called.. wait for it.. Godus. Basically when you hit "Battle", Godus Wars opens a new full screen application for Godus. I'd ask them WTF, but they're not allowing discussions on the Steam forum. I imagine they don't have much faith in it either.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2016, 21:29.

10. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 3, 2016, 12:54 Frijoles

Alamar wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:48:
I have no expectations for this title though

I just finished a romp through it. I think your "no expectations" are too high. We need to go in to negative territory here.

So I realize they just pushed this out, but game companies really need to at least think, "Are we ready to show this?" Because in this case, they aren't. I have never, in my XX years of gaming, seen a game that launches a second process when you hit battle. Not just another background process, but something that opens a full-blown window "Awaiting Results". My task bar shows two Godus applications running when I go in to battle. It doesn't switch smoothly, either. The whole screen flickers to the desktop while it does this.

I know they're excited for people to see it, but for god's sake, don't shove it over to Steam until it's not an embarrassment for the company.

2434 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo