Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2475 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Conan Exiles Survival Video
6. Re: Conan Exiles Survival Video Dec 8, 2016, 17:41 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:30:
I'm more concerned with if this is PvP only or not. If it is I'm out. Just not down with the grief-fest thanks. All I want to do is build, explore, and make thralls contemplate things on the Tree of Woe.

Same here. I couldn't figure out from the video if it's a hosted server like Ark, or if something else. I hate the hosted servers. You end up with a thousand little starter huts that people build before they decide to quit the game and never return. Plus the griefing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 7, 2016, 22:48 Frijoles

Seems like I could launch a really awesome looking KS, pocket the money, then claim my buddy Bob bought out my "intellectual property" and isn't refunding or shipping jack shit. I, however, will offer a refund out of the goodness of my heart. Just lemme sit on the cash for a year and collect interest, plus you have to go through this convoluted process that hopefully makes you want to drop out and let me keep the money.

Sound about right?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 16:01 Frijoles

sauron wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 14:31:
And I had even more of a blast in multiplayer. WvWvW is probably the best form of PvP I have tried, in any game, ever. Running around as part of the Jade Quarry server army was just incredibly fun.

Reminds me of RvR in DAoC, which was also a lot of fun. Just need to let rogues scale the walls and catapults destroy the walls and it'd be the same.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 5, 2016, 22:49 Frijoles

mag wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 21:46:
These hardlocked my computer (GTX 1080) during the install process.

Shiiiiiit. Getting my Touch tomorrow. Would install this, but.. yeah. I'm a little WTF also wondering how this applies to controllers.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches Dec 2, 2016, 22:31 Frijoles

Rigs wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 21:56:
Having said all that, I do wonder why MMO's give players a fully leveled up character as an option when they release an expansion?

There's actually one coming out that does exactly this. I don't know the details, or the name, unfortunately. Just saw it mentioned on one of the forums I frequent.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches Dec 2, 2016, 20:15 Frijoles

Jumped back in to this after a year or so of not looking at it. Had no fucking clue what I was doing or how it worked. The biggest problem I have returning to games like this, especially F2P MMOs, is all the shit in my bags. And since it's F2P, bag space is extremely limited while they give you a whole ton of shit to fill your bags. The easy solution is to delete/sell everything. Instead I just quit. These games really need a "hey, welcome back, let's do a tutorial".

And give me bigger bags, dammit.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Footage
4. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Footage Dec 2, 2016, 13:10 Frijoles

I'm mainly concerned with how long this game is going to be. Looks interesting, but I get a "this is a 4 hour game" vibe from it. Hope I'm wrong.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 1, 2016, 17:04 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 11:22:
That Steam number is insane. Over a third??

A few years ago I considered dropping a bit of cash to buy all the games on steam under X price, just to collect them. Looking at a Bundle that just came out today, I no longer have that desire.

So.much.shit.

The "new release" tab is useless these days. I only pray other people comb through the garbage and push stuff up to the top of popular so I don't have to.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 30, 2016, 10:03 Frijoles

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 08:42:
Since we are on the topic of security... what do you guys use for anti-virus? I've been using AVG for a couple of years now, but they just updated putting in a once every three days ad-nag, has me looking around...

I use Kaspersky at work and Windows Defender at home. I also run uBlock Origin and Noscript on my systems and scan every couple of weeks with Malwarebytes.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2016, 23:28 Frijoles

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 12:23:
Ok that one with Wells Fargo takes the cake. Jerkpot winner. KEEhrist!

Luckily I have a forged contract with his name on it that says he's going to give me money. It allows for arbitration with Cutter as the arbitrator. Gonna be fun times.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2016, 21:52 Frijoles

I figure I'll wait until the Christmas sale to buy anything. Lots of games right now to play and the Christmas sale is longer anyway, plus the deals are usually the same or better. I'm not sure why they still have two sales so close together to be honest.  

News Comments > Dying Light Community Bounty
7. Re: Dying Light Community Bounty Nov 25, 2016, 21:46 Frijoles

I enjoyed the game, but eventually got tired of repairing the stupid buggy and fueling it. Otherwise it was enjoyable.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 21, 2016, 11:07 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 10:08:
wait, marketing campaigns?! how did I miss this?

Yeah, I bump up my attendance and then launch a marketing campaign. You can target various age groups using different media, but I'm not sure how it works. I just randomly pick one. Oh, and increase ticket prices just before you do it. Give a nice infusion of cash. Cost is I think $1,000 or $1,000 per month or something.

I hate scenarios, but also hate empty sandboxes. Any time I've played a game like this, I've most enjoyed a sandbox with economics.

The challenge mode plays like the old Rollercoaster Tycoon games. You start with $10k money (or so) and have to raise enough to build new rides. There are quite a few challenges (have 80% approval rating in park, build a coaster with 2 seconds of air time, etc), but I think the most I've seen at one time is around 3 or 5. As you complete them, you get $1,000. I ignored them completely and look at them as a bonus to cash when I completed one.

Some of the economic stuff can be ignored for a while. It wasn't until after several hours when my employees started to quit. That's when I figured out how to give them raises and train them further.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 21, 2016, 09:31 Frijoles

Quboid wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 20:39:
I get the impression Planet Coaster is a construction sandbox, with a very shallow economic sim. Parkitect looks like it will be more of a business tycoon game.

I'm playing in challenge mode (on easy), and there's definitely some things to manage:

Park entrance cost
Park attendance
Ride costs
Employee wages
Employee training
Marketing campaigns
Research of new stuff
Loans + % interest
Ride failures and refurbishment
Guest happiness -- you lose money if they leave
ATM locations and stores

This is quite enough to keep me busy.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Nov 16, 2016, 14:45 Frijoles

I thought it was already f2p. I must be thinking of another MMO. I may have to give this another shot since I enjoyed it. I think I stopped playing due to botters. Walking in to a room to kill a mob and having a dozen other bots standing there instantly killing it was a turnoff.

News Comments > SteamVR to Get Linux and Mac OS X Support
7. Re: SteamVR to Get Linux and Mac OS X Support Nov 15, 2016, 15:07 Frijoles

Kxmode wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 14:14:
A killer app really needs to be released in the next few months that'll force people to blindly spend $700, $1,000 (VR + video card upgrade), or $1,500 (VR + brand new system).

Although I agree a killer app is needed, I don't think you're going to see one for another year. Maybe two. Touch isn't even out yet, and I have to believe that the killer app will take advantage of either the Touch or the motion controllers of the Vive. Although we've had dev systems out for a while now, we're still in the first year of consumer released versions. I don't expect to see a killer game for a while. Unfortunately.

If they can get the resolution up further, I could see using one for desktop work. It's almost passable now, but text is still just a bit too blurry to use for any long period of time. And let's face it, it'd be a gimmick for a while. I'm still hopeful though.

News Comments > SteamVR to Get Linux and Mac OS X Support
3. Re: SteamVR to Get Linux and Mac OS X Support Nov 15, 2016, 11:49 Frijoles

Kxmode wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 11:47:
Still no killer app. I'm not sure what's driving VR this cycle.

Venture Capital money. Touch can't get here soon enough.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Released
6. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 12:50 Frijoles

Been enjoying it, but yeah the performance is crap. I'm getting around 35 - 45 fps on a GTX 980. Tried a few suggestions but can't seem to get over 45 frames. Gameplay wise, it's been good. Although I will say that the guards are way too alert. They seem to be able to see me through tiny slits in the geography while I'm crouched, so there's not nearly as much sneaking as I had hoped. If you come directly behind them it's fine, but anywhere in front and they seem to spot you pretty easily.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Tech Tips
6. Re: Dishonored 2 Tech Tips Nov 10, 2016, 22:10 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 21:32:
one thing that has struck me as ludicrous so far is the game's absolutely absurd initial load time. It's nearly 3 minutes to get to the menu.

But what a pretty menu it is. I haven't launched since the initial one last night, and it was slow. Wondering how it will do now that I've played. I also don't care for the character animations and character visuals. They look pretty crappy. And the start of the story felt very rushed. I realize they needed to push us in to the story to get it going, but it felt like they gave it a good 5 or 10 minutes of thought. Everything else is lovely, including the gameplay.

I did non-lethal in the first game. Everything dies this time around.

News Comments > Red Alert 2 Shown in VR
2. Re: Red Alert 2 Shown in VR Nov 9, 2016, 21:37 Frijoles

I'm a huge VR fan and a huge RA2 fan. But no. As you said, this looks terrible to control. Until they get something that lets me control the board without controllers in my hands, I can't imagine playing a fast-paced game like this.

Now a Populous game in VR I could get behind. Let me create and destroy mountains. Not place buildings.

2475 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo