Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2629 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Dec 5, 2017, 14:25 Frijoles

I broke down and bought it on PC, along with FO4 VR and another VR title. I think I'm one of the lucky minority that hasn't had any issues with it, but I haven't played terribly long yet. No stuttering issues or anything. The only complaint I have is I tend to dash when I want to teleport. I don't know what the work-around for it would be, though. Free locomotion would make me sick. Dash gets close to making me ill, so I use it (on purpose) sparingly. Now if I could just find more time.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM VFR Released
8. Re: DOOM VFR Released Dec 1, 2017, 09:43 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 09:29:
A friend bought this, and I've got Family Sharing, so I'll download and test this in the next couple hours.

Looking forward to a review. I almost pulled the trigger anyway, but the one person who finished said it was 2.5 hours long. That's pretty damn short for $30, although about as expected for a VR game.

News Comments > DOOM VFR Released
5. Re: DOOM VFR Released Nov 30, 2017, 22:28 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 21:12:
lol, the reviews are being trashed by Oculus users who can't run it without a hack.

Getting trashed in the Vive subreddit also. Sounds pretty bad. Few points that keep coming up:

• Game is dropping back to Vive load screen every couple minutes, which it goes when it lags. This is on people with 1070

• No left hand option for guns

• Model attach point for the hand is wonky

• Standing too close to an enemy fires through it

• I was about to go buy it and saw the reviews. Sucks for Oculus, but saw that coming due to the lawsuit. I think I'm going to wait now until they get some patches or mods to fix the issues. That sucks.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs
    2. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 17:05 Frijoles

Hoping to try it tonight. Moved my system to a larger area, and just got the deluxe strap for my Vive yesterday. Perfect timing. Only a few days until FO4 VR too.  

News Comments > Play Overwatch Free Next Weekend
    2. Re: Play Overwatch Free Next Weekend Nov 9, 2017, 22:21 Frijoles

Dacron wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 19:26:
    Been on the fence, waiting for a sale to entice me. It'l be nice to try this.

Try a bunch of the heroes if they aren't clicking for you. When I started, there were a few that I absolutely hated. After being forced to play them in Mystery Heroes, I learned to enjoy a lot of them (like D.Va and Zenyatta). My dislike for the remaining few is because I suck at them.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
    10. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 14:00 Frijoles

Game crashes if I change resolution. Not just crash, but force a hard reboot of my computer. If anyone is having a similar problem, set the graphics to low, restart, put game at desired resolution, restart, set graphics to Uber. That seems to have fixed it.

Unfortunately, I played for about 20 - 30 minutes last night and thought I was going to barf. Seems to be a few others with the problem. Which is odd since I can play Destiny 2 for 2+ hours at a stretch with no problem. Not sure what this game is doing differently, but damn. It fucked me up for an hour. Hoping to get through the first part today since the movement is jerky for spoiler-free reasons.

News Comments > Third-Party Overlays Versus Destiny 2
    2. Re: Third-Party Overlays Versus Destiny 2 Oct 25, 2017, 11:33 Frijoles

People saying they were banned for using the nVidia overlay thing. That'd be quite the fuck-up since they're partners. And it's a default installation option in the drivers. Pretty sure mine was on but not recording last night and I have not been banned yet.  

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
    4. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 11:31 Frijoles

They've fallen so far since being bought out. It's very sad. I don't even bother pricing computer builds there anymore.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist
    10. Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Oct 24, 2017, 11:28 Frijoles

djinn wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 11:24:
    The Half Elf wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 11:14:
    You mean like how GTA 4 and 5 have it on PC and somehow everything is still ok in the universe?

Gta5 had aim assist with mouse/keyboard?

Do you know how hard it is to hit a motorcycle while driving at 100+mph WITHOUT aim assist?? Sheesh.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs
    4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs Oct 23, 2017, 23:01 Frijoles

We're moving in to the "It's Expensive to be a Gamer" months.  

News Comments > Steam Sale Dates Leaked?
    2. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 20:14 Frijoles

Gets leaked every time. Meh. We roughly know the dates, so not a big deal without flash deals.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
    4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2017, 20:42 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 18:27:
    I doubt it'll amount to anything for them. Rampant IP theft is the norm in China. Shut them down and they'll be operating again within a day under a new company.

Blizz should just DoS their servers.

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off
    2. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off Oct 12, 2017, 23:43 Frijoles

Jumped on. Can't find this new shit. Quit. These MMOs need to learn from WoW. When a player logs in to a new major update, fucking put something on the screen. I haven't played Warframe for several months. I can't remember anything. I don't know what's new and what I just haven't done.

Edit: Think I found it. It's a place (Cetus) on Earth.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
    2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 12, 2017, 22:46 Frijoles

NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 20:48:
    If it was American Airlines it would automatically beat the fuck out of you and steal your seat.

And it'd be rated 4/5 stars.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players
    10. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 17:49 Frijoles

Dacron wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:10:
    Best I've come in was 7/100 (need a new psu my pc shuts down after 15 minutes of gaming :(, was still alive at 7/100 lol), and the building portion is isn't as important then as you have lots of space, and anything being built is a beacon *A PLAYER IS HERE*.

I made it to 2/100 by hiding for almost the entire map (the circle kept closing with me near the edge). Came out with full shield and health with 5 or so of us left. Killed a few people while the other guy built a large base, then I hid behind a tree until he came out (or destroyed my cover with rockets). I died shortly after. He was more prepared. I don't even know how to make traps. I had walls and stairs as an option. I wonder if I have to play the PvE part to unlock those.

News Comments > Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier
    3. Re: Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier Oct 11, 2017, 11:15 Frijoles

I need a bigger house. Or a garage that's not in use.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
    6. Re: Console FoV Oct 10, 2017, 10:41 Frijoles

Played about 2 hours last night. Got annoyed and alt-f4'd out. Had problems getting it to run on my primary monitor. Hopefully today it'll remember where it was last running. Also turn off the fucking dynamic resolution FPS target thing. I set it to 60. When it couldn't hit 60, the game went to shit. Took me a few minutes to remember I had set that. I'd rather it run at 45 FPS and not look like a Picasso painting. I'm on a 1080TI.

[Rant]
    One major problem I have is that some shit isn't explained very well. There's tutorials for what seems like everything (press W to run forward!), but then it's missing for other stuff. For example, I didn't know how to heal myself. After some looking around, I was apparently still in combat so not self-healing, and I had forgotten that we could drain an Orc to get health back. The "Press [Letter] to Execute!" failed to work for me, resulting in a large creature jumping on my head. "Press [Mouse Key]" suddenly pops up. So I push it, but no. You have to push it several times. Result was death. I was near full health and attempting to execute, but then was suddenly dead because I failed a quicktime event I hadn't seen before. I'm still pissed over it.

Hopefully it goes better tonight.

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
    16. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 15:43 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 14:19:
    but I guess all of the complaints from PUBG devs kind of made people want to check it out more, knowing it was possibly a more polished and less serious take on PUBG.

This is what I did. Figured this one was free and would give a rough idea of PUBG. I'm not convinced though. Fortnite does feel like a mobile game. PUBG needs a free weekend.

News Comments > Battle Chasers: Nightwar Dawns
    5. Re: Battle Chasers: Nightwar Dawns Oct 4, 2017, 09:19 Frijoles

Looks really good, but I never cared for the Final Fantasy type combat. May still get it though. The artwork is beautiful.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Includes Major Changes
    8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Includes Major Changes Sep 27, 2017, 14:44 Frijoles

theglaze wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 13:04:
    I also thought Planetside 2 was pretty good for a couple months a few years ago, and to this day I still don't understand the flow of map control or why EVERYONE is battling for THIS station (and sign-in the next day and no one cares about it). I just accepted this futile struggle to represent war, like Nam.

This was one of the reasons I stopped playing. The battles started to get repetitive with the bases constantly flipping back and forth. There didn't seem to be much reason to holding a base. We attacked the other bases because that's where everyone was, not because there was anything at the base worth having.

2629 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo