Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2795 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

2. Re: The House and Senate finally agree on something: Robocalls. Nov 18, 2019, 13:05 Frijoles

My company has about 50 employees and over 3000 lines. Left overs from when we were much larger. A lot of those lines are spoofed for robocalls. Then people (used to) call us back and yell at us for calling. Which we didn't do. Nor can we stop. Really sucks. And it's hard to explain that it has nothing to do with us.

Our numbers used to all point to our main line. We stopped that, so now they just go to busy if they're not in use.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup Expands

8. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Expands Nov 18, 2019, 13:00 Frijoles

1. Stadia's Day One Titles include:

This one looks the most fun.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released

1. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 11:37 Frijoles

Pretty game. Very pretty. The controls seem a bit wonky, though. Not so much bad, as glitchy. After cutscenes, the camera movement seems to go in to super slow motion. Either alt-tab out and back in fixes, or sometimes just shaking the mouse a bunch will wake it up. Not sure what it's doing. There also doesn't seem to be any mouse sensitivity options (not that I've found anyway).

Overall though it looks like it'll be fun. I've only got a couple hours in. The main character isn't as annoying as I thought he'd be (so far). Very Tomb Raider-ish to me, but with more combat.

News Comments > Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes

3. Re: Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes Nov 11, 2019, 12:24 Frijoles

I enjoyed #1 well enough to get a good number of hours in it. Couldn't get in to #2, though. I've tried on three different occasions to play it, but could never last more than an hour or two. Just didn't care for the story or setting.

Looking forward to BG3 though.

News Comments > Catnip Games Acquires Shroud of the Avatar

3. Re: Catnip Games Acquires Shroud of the Avatar Nov 10, 2019, 15:52 Frijoles

It's not like they can make it worse. I backed it on Kickstarter. I'm still bitter about it. I don't back anything anymore because of this failure.  

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Celebrates 1M Sales with New Content

3. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Celebrates 1M Sales with New Content Oct 31, 2019, 15:39 Frijoles

Primalchrome wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 15:08:
Really enjoyed this game....but I got to a point later in the game where the mobs felt like bullet sponges.

I only had this happen if I didn't keep my weapon upgraded. At max level, the mobs died in just a few hits. Bosses were the only sponges. Some mobs could be killed before they even countered. I was doing a twinblade build (not sure if that's the name). Some mobs were harder than others due to armor/shields, but still easy to kill once their shield fell.

News Comments > Internet Archive Adds 2,500 More MS-DOS Games

6. Re: Internet Archive Adds 2,500 More MS-DOS Games Oct 14, 2019, 13:23 Frijoles

Played some Cover Girl Strip Poker. That brings back memories. It's all we had pre-internet!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2019, 11:46 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 11:02:
Stop using Internet Explorer immediately; also, why are you still using Internet Explorer?

Because the god damn accounting team has a "Save to Acrobat" widget directly on the browser toolbar and "Print to PDF" is too hard due to the extra click.

Me: IE11 is going end of life. You have to switch.
Them: What are you doing about the button?
Me: Not a damn thing. Use Print to PDF.
Them: Then we can't switch.

ARRGHGHHH... *triggered*

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Gets New Free Dungeon

2. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Gets New Free Dungeon Sep 20, 2019, 10:57 Frijoles

I got to the final boss and stopped. Not sure he's worth the effort. Definitely had a fun time playing. I may return for this dungeon. I had to grind in a few places to find enough materials to upgrade weapons, and a few extra dungeons would definitely have helped with that.  

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Free Content Plans

3. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Free Content Plans Sep 10, 2019, 16:47 Frijoles

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 9, 2019, 22:57:
Very much enjoying this game, highly recommend it

Ditto. Sucked me in fast (I'm on PC). I'm stuck on the last boss, though. And since Greedfall came out, I may not get back to finish this.

News Comments > GreedFall Released

4. Re: GreedFall Released Sep 10, 2019, 16:42 Frijoles

Really pretty game. I only played a couple hours or so last night. Most of the complains have been over the facial animations. They are indeed bad. Like Skeletor bad. I feel like the NPCs are going to bite me through the screen. I think my biggest issue at the moment is the camera feels weird. Not bad, but sort of floaty. A couple other weird things, like my NPC companions popping in to view. Or the vendor that started explaining a quest to me that seemed part-way through leaving me wondering wtf he was talking about. Now that I think about it, there have been a few bugs.

Still, I think it'll shape up. Hopefully.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 7, 2019, 00:21 Frijoles

They make it sound doom and gloom, which for a lot of people I'm sure it was. But the examples they give aren't very good. Take this one: $325,239 for 191.118 bitcoins. That puts the price at $1701 per coin. Bitcoin is trading at $10,329 today. That puts him at $17,577,588. Reckless? Sure. But that's a hell of a return. Or the other one, taking out $250k loan for Bitcoin at "dropped below $10,000". He's still in the positive. Not much, but better than nothing considering it dropped so far.

I spent a fair amount on coins during the craze. I took a loss on them, but it was fun watching it go up. And the amount I spent wasn't crazy. It's going to moon any day now. I can feel it.

News Comments > etc.

1. WoW level 60 Sep 2, 2019, 17:34 Frijoles

It turns out World of Warcraft wasn't quite as hard as we remember it being.

I don't remember it being hard. I remember it being a horrible grind. Which it is. Collect 10 of these items. They drop about 5% of the time, and the mob hangs out in groups of 4. There is the one solo guy that walks around though. Good luck. The main thing Classic has going for it are the players/community. I haven't seen so many players in a very long time, since they get spread out and layered away in the latest versions. It's a nice change. Not sure if I'll hit 60 any time soon, though. At 2+ hours per level, my interest is fading.

News Comments > ArcheAge: Unchained This Month

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2019, 17:26 Frijoles

DrSquick wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 16:24:
One thing I really liked about this game was you could build a house in the open world, not some boring instanced area,

Except all the locations were taken when I played. That was shortly after release, though. I recall camping houses with a timer of some sort of when it might open, hoping the owner had left and not paid the bill. If that's the alternative, I'd rather have an instanced house.

I doubt I'll return to ArcheAge unelss it really takes off. Can't really trust that it won't become p2w again once people are invested in the game.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Launches

35. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Launches Aug 27, 2019, 18:38 Frijoles

heroin wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 12:25:
No quest markers, slower-pace, better ambiance than the newer stuff, the world is unified (layered I suppose but more unified than being spread out amongst 7 expansions). Sure, it's a time-sink but this 15 year older version is also better than most games being developed these days in my opinion

I'm finding everyone to be really pleasant to be around as well. Buffs being handed out. Food/water from mages. Groups being formed for quests. Maybe that's just because there are so many people in the area, but I don't recall anything like that on the recent expansions. I look forward to keeping the communities in tact, even if I am mostly a solo player. Unless I quit.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Launches

2. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Launches Aug 26, 2019, 20:16 Frijoles

Jumped in right at open, along with a few hundred others. Bit difficult to tag mobs, but slowly making progress. There's so much stuff I've forgotten about. It's bringing back a lot of memories. I'm still more or less playing BfA (I use tokens), so I figure I'll jump in here from time to time. Think my guild might actually be returning also, so that's a bit of a surprise.  

News Comments > Oxygen Not Included Released

1. Re: Oxygen Not Included Released Jul 30, 2019, 23:49 Frijoles

Great game. I've got 100 hours in it already and was waiting for it to go full release to start a new game. Looking forward to whatever Klei releases next.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launch Trailer

4. Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launch Trailer Jul 24, 2019, 14:44 Frijoles

These games are the only games that give me severe motion sickness. The first one (the first remade one) was fine, but every one since then I can't play for more than about 15 - 20 minutes. Not sure what it is that's messing my head up so much.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

7. Re: Bathwater Jul 3, 2019, 17:46 Frijoles

MeanJim wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 16:12:
And just how did you happen to come across this? Inquisitive I can't imagine what you would be searching for that would have you accidentally come across someone selling urine gummy bears.

Make ur own gummy bears. Autocorrected, of course.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

9. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 3, 2019, 17:44 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 13:19:
We won't get HL3 for VR. We'll get "The Half Life VR Experience." It will consist of the tram ride to the lab, putting on Gordon's EVA suit, and performing experiments in the lab before triggering the resonance cascade. Total run time: 5 minutes.

And then we'll get to play Rock Paper Scissors with G-Man.

2795 Comments. 140 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >