Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2618 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2017, 20:42 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 18:27:
I doubt it'll amount to anything for them. Rampant IP theft is the norm in China. Shut them down and they'll be operating again within a day under a new company.

Blizz should just DoS their servers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off
2. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off Oct 12, 2017, 23:43 Frijoles

Jumped on. Can't find this new shit. Quit. These MMOs need to learn from WoW. When a player logs in to a new major update, fucking put something on the screen. I haven't played Warframe for several months. I can't remember anything. I don't know what's new and what I just haven't done.

Edit: Think I found it. It's a place (Cetus) on Earth.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 12, 2017, 22:46 Frijoles

NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 20:48:
If it was American Airlines it would automatically beat the fuck out of you and steal your seat.

And it'd be rated 4/5 stars.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players
10. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 17:49 Frijoles

Dacron wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:10:
Best I've come in was 7/100 (need a new psu my pc shuts down after 15 minutes of gaming :(, was still alive at 7/100 lol), and the building portion is isn't as important then as you have lots of space, and anything being built is a beacon *A PLAYER IS HERE*.

I made it to 2/100 by hiding for almost the entire map (the circle kept closing with me near the edge). Came out with full shield and health with 5 or so of us left. Killed a few people while the other guy built a large base, then I hid behind a tree until he came out (or destroyed my cover with rockets). I died shortly after. He was more prepared. I don't even know how to make traps. I had walls and stairs as an option. I wonder if I have to play the PvE part to unlock those.

News Comments > Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier
3. Re: Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier Oct 11, 2017, 11:15 Frijoles

I need a bigger house. Or a garage that's not in use.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
6. Re: Console FoV Oct 10, 2017, 10:41 Frijoles

Played about 2 hours last night. Got annoyed and alt-f4'd out. Had problems getting it to run on my primary monitor. Hopefully today it'll remember where it was last running. Also turn off the fucking dynamic resolution FPS target thing. I set it to 60. When it couldn't hit 60, the game went to shit. Took me a few minutes to remember I had set that. I'd rather it run at 45 FPS and not look like a Picasso painting. I'm on a 1080TI.

[Rant]
One major problem I have is that some shit isn't explained very well. There's tutorials for what seems like everything (press W to run forward!), but then it's missing for other stuff. For example, I didn't know how to heal myself. After some looking around, I was apparently still in combat so not self-healing, and I had forgotten that we could drain an Orc to get health back. The "Press [Letter] to Execute!" failed to work for me, resulting in a large creature jumping on my head. "Press [Mouse Key]" suddenly pops up. So I push it, but no. You have to push it several times. Result was death. I was near full health and attempting to execute, but then was suddenly dead because I failed a quicktime event I hadn't seen before. I'm still pissed over it.

Hopefully it goes better tonight.

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
16. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 15:43 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 14:19:
but I guess all of the complaints from PUBG devs kind of made people want to check it out more, knowing it was possibly a more polished and less serious take on PUBG.

This is what I did. Figured this one was free and would give a rough idea of PUBG. I'm not convinced though. Fortnite does feel like a mobile game. PUBG needs a free weekend.

News Comments > Battle Chasers: Nightwar Dawns
5. Re: Battle Chasers: Nightwar Dawns Oct 4, 2017, 09:19 Frijoles

Looks really good, but I never cared for the Final Fantasy type combat. May still get it though. The artwork is beautiful.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Includes Major Changes
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Includes Major Changes Sep 27, 2017, 14:44 Frijoles

theglaze wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 13:04:
I also thought Planetside 2 was pretty good for a couple months a few years ago, and to this day I still don't understand the flow of map control or why EVERYONE is battling for THIS station (and sign-in the next day and no one cares about it). I just accepted this futile struggle to represent war, like Nam.

This was one of the reasons I stopped playing. The battles started to get repetitive with the bases constantly flipping back and forth. There didn't seem to be much reason to holding a base. We attacked the other bases because that's where everyone was, not because there was anything at the base worth having.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Launches
6. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Launches Sep 26, 2017, 12:23 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 10:30:
Itís been in the game for a couple weeks now. Maybe they were doing a staggered rollout, and itís now available for everyone? I still havenít tried it. Itís not what I got the game for.

I could be wrong, but I believe you had to pay to play by purchasing one of the packs. The Battle Royale is/was released for free now. I think. It'd be a lot easier to figure out if they'd put it on Steam. And until they do (and even after), I don't think PUBG has anything to worry about.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2017, 13:02 Frijoles

Thought about buying this over the weekend, but hesitated in case Epic goes Silicon Knights on them. They're shooting themselves in the foot.  

News Comments > NieR: Automata Sells Two Million Copies
1. Re: NieR: Automata Sells Two Million Copies Sep 21, 2017, 10:13 Frijoles

And I still need a 3rd party program so my fullscreen view works correctly.  

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer
6. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 01:28 Frijoles

Asmodai wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 21:41:
Lastly, even though there are tutorials, the interface in your ship (home base stuff) is fairly unintuitive. As a returning player recently after a long break and a UI redesign, I literally had no fucking idea what I was doing for the first couple of hours... =)

This. The game has a lot of systems. If you don't mind reading forums and wikis, then it's not too bad. Otherwise it's confusing as hell. You'll either miss a chunk of stuff, or have to spend a fair amount of time learning things. And you'll have to grind. If you solo, some of the lower missions may be hard to find a group to help finish it unless the planet pops up in a daily mission. I know I struggled with the "capture and hold these points better than the 500 enemies coming at you". Fun game though. I usually throw cash at it if I get a 75% off coupon.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 16, 2017, 11:57 Frijoles

Ad industry can get fucked.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Getting New Overwatch Map and Heroes
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Getting New Overwatch Map and Heroes Sep 15, 2017, 21:34 Frijoles

Between this and all the Overwatch stuff in the Blizzcon bag, makes me wonder how much money the Overwatch gambling is bringing in compared to WoW. There's a new favorite child at Blizzard.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 15, 2017, 17:29 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 15:46:
People were super desperate for the 1070s when they discovered they were awesome with Nicehash/ETH and I sold mine for $170 more than I paid. Stock was gone everywhere and even retailers started jacking them up. Ended up getting a 1080ti thanks to desperate buttcoin miners.

Too bad it fell through the floor. At the height I was getting close to $10 a day from my 1080ti. Now it's lucky to hit $3. Oh well. I bought it for gaming. Was doing Nicehash while I read webpages or the room was cold and I needed a heater going.

News Comments > Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released
1. Re: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released Sep 15, 2017, 10:38 Frijoles

Between this, XCOM2 and Divinity 2, I need a week-long staycation so I can catch up.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 13, 2017, 19:48 Frijoles

Was just talking to my boss about Kaspersky today. We use it, and unfortunately whether it's been taken over by the Russian government or not is only part of the problem. If something does come out or happen, and we're still using it, it's a liability to the business. Kinda sucks. Switching vendors is a pain in the arse. And we're locked in to a contract for another 1.5 years, so we'd basically lose that money.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
2. Re: Re:Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 11:19 Frijoles

Day 1 purchase... until I read about all the shit going on with it. I can't say I will make it to the first sale, but that's my goal.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2017, 12:46 Frijoles

War of the Chosen is very buggy for me. I've had animations stop, dead bodies stand up, objectives not complete despite doing them (this one is annoying), and sometimes the camera stops following whomever is moving. It's starting to annoy me.  

2618 Comments. 131 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo