Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On August 15, 2000
Founding Supporter Gold, since March 7, 2020
Total Comments 2808 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Review Roundup

10. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Review Roundup Mar 24, 2020, 02:20  Frijoles 

Amazing to see City 17 (or whatever city we're in) from the ground (and roof). Only got to play about an hour, but very much enjoyed the environment. Looking forward to playing more on the weekend.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Released

3. Re: DOOM Eternal Released Mar 20, 2020, 12:50  Frijoles 

Refunded it. I can't believe they fucked up the sign-in so badly. After several attempts at using the mobile-looking sign in (no pasting in to the password field, so fuck off with those password managers), the game kept running behind all the other windows. I couldn't bring it to front. I finally got it working and it just looked like shit. The UI makes my eyes bleed. The weapon takes up 30% of the screen. And it just looked bad. I got out of the game and checked to see if I was running the right Doom. What a complete and total let down.

I may try again when it's on sale. I was so frustrated with the login system that I had no fucks left to give for the other problems.

News Comments > X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month

9. Re: X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta This Month Mar 19, 2020, 17:47  Frijoles 

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 16:59:
I have about the same numbers and was instantly sucked into Avorion.. you can build entire station production networks, with inner sector trade between stations by cargo shuttles and outer sector transport with looping transport orders for transport vessels, which also means you can build your own turret factories, which is obviously absolutely insanely good given that you need hundreds R Mining lasers and weapon of your choice for combat since same weapon means SAME targeting behavior which is obviously insanely good....

Does it take hundreds of hours (or just a long time) to get to that point? One of the reasons I haven't played X4 much is because it just felt like such a grind for every single thing I wanted to buy. I spent hours trying to find crystals (think they were) and mining them for money just so I could upgrade my ship.

News Comments > MapleStory 2 Shutting Down

1. Re: MapleStory 2 Shutting Down Mar 19, 2020, 17:41  Frijoles 

That didn't take long. I thought the controls were annoying which is why I gave up. Also seemed the world was one big spam fest of "stuff" thrown at the screen (hard to tell what I was supposed to be doing). Wishing them the best, at least.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 15, 2020, 22:56  Frijoles 

Don't think I've ever seen a game with artwork so beautiful as Ori. Amazing to look at, and the soundtrack is amazing as well. Enjoying it quite a bit. Would like to finish it before Doom comes out, but not sure I'll make it.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Revealed

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Revealed Mar 13, 2020, 10:06  Frijoles 

I didn't care for the current expansion. Pretty sure I only hit up a couple zones. Felt like a horrible grind. See that point up there? You can't get to it because your mount isn't leveled up. You can't level up your mount yet because you have to go grind all this other shit. Can't do the story line because you have to level up your mount.I gave up. I liked the mounts, but tying the entire expansion to them was terrible.

Edit: that trailer was shit. It appears that 90% of this expansion is going to be 5 new weapons for each set, a new set of armor, and a couple other things. What a letdown.

News Comments > Horizon: Zero Dawn Dawns on PC This Summer

3. Re: Horizon: Zero Dawn Dawns on PC This Summer Mar 10, 2020, 12:22  Frijoles 

Oh hell yeah. Loved this game on PS4, but the controller made it difficult for me (I suck at aiming with them). If they can get the controls right, I'll absolutely buy it again.  

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X Reviews

10. Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X Reviews Feb 7, 2020, 16:08  Frijoles 

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 7, 2020, 13:12:
Don't say that too loud, there are devs out there that wouldn't mind to bloat shit up for you to where you would need one to get your 60 frames!

That's one core per frame with four left over!

News Comments > New Game Based on Valve's Cancelled Portal Prequel

8. Re: New Game Based on Valve's Cancelled Portal Prequel Jan 3, 2020, 18:13  Frijoles 

Time to take this magic camera to the beach!  

News Comments > Steam 2019 Chart Toppers

4. Re: Steam 2019 Chart Toppers Dec 27, 2019, 13:23  Frijoles 

phinn wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 10:36:
Finally picked up Sekiro... as someone who is a big fan of the previous 5 Soulsborne games this game is incredible, the combat is so involved now and the openworld design is great as ever.

How's the difficulty? I have a friend that bought it and stopped playing saying it was too hard (he's done all the DS games so he's familiar with the gameplay). I think the only reason I was able to finish DS3 was because I could summon help on the bosses. You can't do that in Sekiro can you?

News Comments > Gothic Playable Teaser Released

14. Re: Gothic Playable Teaser Released Dec 14, 2019, 18:34  Frijoles 

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 14, 2019, 13:00:
I see Elex is on the cheap, what the audience take on it?

Can't fully rebind keys for some reason. I refunded it until they fix that (most keys can be rebound, but not some important keys, like 'E'). I don't anticipate it'll ever be fixed.

*Edit: might be fixable in a config file now. I may give it another go when the Christmas sale starts.

News Comments > PC Halo Reach Released

6. Re: PC Halo Reach Released Dec 3, 2019, 14:56  Frijoles 

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 14:20:
Other then that it looks great for a game of it's age and the shooting is so much easier (for me) with a Mouse and Keyboard.

Good to hear. I take it that means you can rebind keys without any issue? I'm a stickler for that.

News Comments > PC Halo Reach Released

1. Re: PC Halo Reach Released Dec 3, 2019, 13:20  Frijoles 

Interested in the reviews on this, but I fear it's going to be positive even if the port is shit due to nostalgia. I've never played Halo, so it'd be good to finally see what all the hype is about.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

2. Re: The House and Senate finally agree on something: Robocalls. Nov 18, 2019, 13:05  Frijoles 

My company has about 50 employees and over 3000 lines. Left overs from when we were much larger. A lot of those lines are spoofed for robocalls. Then people (used to) call us back and yell at us for calling. Which we didn't do. Nor can we stop. Really sucks. And it's hard to explain that it has nothing to do with us.

Our numbers used to all point to our main line. We stopped that, so now they just go to busy if they're not in use.

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup Expands

8. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Expands Nov 18, 2019, 13:00  Frijoles 

1. Stadia's Day One Titles include:

This one looks the most fun.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released

1. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 11:37  Frijoles 

Pretty game. Very pretty. The controls seem a bit wonky, though. Not so much bad, as glitchy. After cutscenes, the camera movement seems to go in to super slow motion. Either alt-tab out and back in fixes, or sometimes just shaking the mouse a bunch will wake it up. Not sure what it's doing. There also doesn't seem to be any mouse sensitivity options (not that I've found anyway).

Overall though it looks like it'll be fun. I've only got a couple hours in. The main character isn't as annoying as I thought he'd be (so far). Very Tomb Raider-ish to me, but with more combat.

News Comments > Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes

3. Re: Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes Nov 11, 2019, 12:24  Frijoles 

I enjoyed #1 well enough to get a good number of hours in it. Couldn't get in to #2, though. I've tried on three different occasions to play it, but could never last more than an hour or two. Just didn't care for the story or setting.

Looking forward to BG3 though.

News Comments > Catnip Games Acquires Shroud of the Avatar

3. Re: Catnip Games Acquires Shroud of the Avatar Nov 10, 2019, 15:52  Frijoles 

It's not like they can make it worse. I backed it on Kickstarter. I'm still bitter about it. I don't back anything anymore because of this failure.  

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Celebrates 1M Sales with New Content

3. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Celebrates 1M Sales with New Content Oct 31, 2019, 15:39  Frijoles 

Primalchrome wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 15:08:
Really enjoyed this game....but I got to a point later in the game where the mobs felt like bullet sponges.

I only had this happen if I didn't keep my weapon upgraded. At max level, the mobs died in just a few hits. Bosses were the only sponges. Some mobs could be killed before they even countered. I was doing a twinblade build (not sure if that's the name). Some mobs were harder than others due to armor/shields, but still easy to kill once their shield fell.

News Comments > Internet Archive Adds 2,500 More MS-DOS Games

6. Re: Internet Archive Adds 2,500 More MS-DOS Games Oct 14, 2019, 13:23  Frijoles 

Played some Cover Girl Strip Poker. That brings back memories. It's all we had pre-internet!  

2808 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >