Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2744 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Anthem Day One Patch Details
5. Re: Anthem Day One Patch Details Feb 19, 2019, 12:31 Frijoles

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 19, 2019, 11:28:
Couple things I see missing:

Tarsis foot speed and addressing the 40K-200K coin startup issue where players seemingly random got something in the range at 40k increments. Being coin is cash, that to me matters. The difference is 2/3's of one Javelin Cash Shop model vs 3 and 1/3 models.

The run speed in Tarsis is so painful. I cancelled my preorder last night and that was a small part of the reason. That and the missions are all the same so far (run here, kill some dudes, stand in circle, rince repeat) and the story is underwhelming.

I got 40k coins as well. Figured it was a preorder special or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anthem Launches on Origin Access
6. Re: Anthem Launches on Origin Access Feb 15, 2019, 15:09 Frijoles

Kain wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 14:55:
They bank on people forgetting to cancel their sub which unfortunately is math that works in their favor more often than not.

I signed up, then immediately unsubbed. I do the same in MMOs. No problem remembering in a month to cancel it.

News Comments > Metro Exodus Released
10. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 12:39 Frijoles

necrosis wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 12:29:
And because one person has problems everyone will. /s

I kinda wonder if it's the crash issue other users are talking about (I have the same card). It's easy to see it as a crash since the system locks up, but you can get it back with control-alt-delete and then clicking the icon again. At any rate, I'm not too worried. I'll try again just before the 2 week time period is up. If it still has problems, I'll just refund it. Think I've only got 45 minutes or so played.

4. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 11:15 Frijoles

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 11:01:
I read that you need to restart the game after changing graphics settings.
I'd also restart the computer at !east once while troubleshooting.

I haven't tried after a complete reboot, but I definitely restarted the game a few times. I'll have a look at the link. I could probably live with the stuttering, but the constant minimizing (and requiring control-alt-delete to get the mouse back) is another story.

1. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 10:23 Frijoles

Posted this in another comment section:

Metro needs more patches. Game crashes/minimizes every 30 - 90 seconds. I'm on a 1080ti running it on Steam. Clicking the icon puts it back in, but that's no way to play. Audio hitches. Game stutters a bit, despite the FPS counter sitting around 80 on High. I had it on Ultra but lowered it to see if it'd fix the crashing. Motion blur can't be turned off. Game not responding from time to time. *sigh* It's a shame. It looks like the story will be good, but not with all these problems.

Also, I pre-ordered it on Steam when it first showed up since I loved the previous two games. I think I'll have to set it aside for a bit (a year maybe, who knows) while they fix bugs.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Feb 15, 2019, 01:31 Frijoles

Metro needs more patches. Game crashes/minimizes every 30 - 90 seconds. I'm on a 1080ti running it on Steam. Clicking the icon puts it back in, but that's no way to play. Audio hitches. Game stutters a bit, despite the FPS counter sitting around 80 on High. I had it on Ultra but lowered it to see if it'd fix the crashing. Motion blur can't be turned off. Game not responding from time to time. *sigh* It's a shame. It looks like the story will be good, but not with all these problems.

Also, I pre-ordered it on Steam when it first showed up since I loved the previous two games. I think I'll have to set it aside for a bit (a year maybe, who knows) while they fix bugs.

News Comments > Hollow Knight: Silksong is a Sequel
3. Re: Hollow Knight: Silksong is a Sequel Feb 14, 2019, 11:05 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 10:54:
I found the challenge of the bosses to not be much fun, and found running back to them to be annoying,

Same here. Wish it had a "you have failed on this boss fight a dozen times now, do you want ez mode?" I want to see the story and explore. I'd still give it 10/10 as well though.

News Comments > Apex Legends Hits 1M Players Right Off
6. Re: Apex Legends Hits 1M Players Right Off Feb 5, 2019, 11:11 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2019, 10:22:
Task wrote on Feb 5, 2019, 10:20:
People moving on to the next f2p flavor huh.

For a week.

With enough cosmetic sales in that week to fund the whole development of the game.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adding Opt-in Review System
6. Re: Epic Games Store Adding Opt-in Review System Feb 1, 2019, 22:00 Frijoles

I think Steam did it somewhat well. Show a notice/warning if it appears to be receiving a review bomb. Outside of a bomb, the reviews aren't perfect, but they're better than nothing. I sure as shit won't trust a game without any reviews at all.  

News Comments > EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment
14. Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 21:57 Frijoles

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 1, 2019, 11:27:
6. Players get stuck in downed state, same story, happens ALL the time.

Now that I think about it, I have seen this one a few times. Annoying as shit. Hasn't happened recently (not that I've played a ton recently), so I thought it had been fixed.

News Comments > EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment
4. Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 11:01 Frijoles

I don't think I've seen any of these. I wonder how common they are.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2019, 13:01 Frijoles

TOO MANY CAPS THESE DAYS.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 27, 2019, 12:26:
Still $47~ on GMG, I'm probably going to wait a bit for more of a price drop though.

Same here. Think I'll wait for a 50% off sale. There's some big games coming soon. Anthem, Division 2, Metro. I may even have to break out the console for Kingdom Hearts.

News Comments > Anthem Demo Issues
44. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 26, 2019, 14:06 Frijoles

Working better this morning. Managed to do an entire mission without any problem. I played it solo (private mode), although the game pushes you to play multiplayer. Mech was fun to fly around in and hover. Felt like badass, until I ran in to a wall. I'm interested in seeing other mechs now.

Seems like it could be fun. Fix the walk speed in town though. Way too slow.

News Comments > Sunless Skies Launch Trailer
2. Re: Sunless Skies Launch Trailer Jan 25, 2019, 11:48 Frijoles

I really wanted to like Sunless Seas, but I feel like I was constantly spending all my money on supplies and not making any progress in the game itself. Makes me hesitant to try this one. I may wait for a sale. I want to see the story, but not have to grind supplies.  

News Comments > RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2 Released
4. Re: RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2 Released Jan 25, 2019, 11:45 Frijoles

I never played the original. Is this more of a run-and-gun or sneak-and-don't-get-caught?  

News Comments > Anthem's Social Hub Revealed
13. Re: Anthem's Social Hub Revealed Jan 24, 2019, 23:25 Frijoles

The demo launches but doesn't connect, as expected. However, it's opening on the wrong monitor. Hoping there's an option to force it to move. On that note, would be nice to have settings available even if the game isn't. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow.  

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 21, 2019, 23:40 Frijoles

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 22:40:
i hope nobody here actually clicks the link below, i think thats a spam/malicious post.

Yeah, 4 posts.. all advertising.

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned
7. Re: Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned Jan 21, 2019, 21:16 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 20:24:
It's not something I do, but if it's in the menu, it doesn't feel like cheating.

It's not in the menu though. If I understand the video, you have to tweak a bunch of driver configuration settings. Or run another little utility to set them for you. Sounds like cheating to me. Good riddance to them.

News Comments > The Division 2 Multiplayer Trailer
4. Re: The Division 2 Multiplayer Trailer Jan 17, 2019, 21:16 Frijoles

I'm looking forward to more pve. Don't care about the pvp part. And hopefully not everybody is named Alex this time.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Tomorrow; Trailer and Patch Notes Today
14. Re: Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Tomorrow; Trailer and Patch Notes Today Jan 15, 2019, 11:24 Frijoles

I just want some new Conquest Grand Operation maps. I let my sub expire, so now I have to decide if I want to buy/resubscribe/skip. Need some new games to release.

Edit: wrong map type

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2019, 15:49.

2744 Comments. 138 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo