Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2702 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Assassin's Creed Odyssey
4. Re: Gone Gold - Assassin's Creed Odyssey Sep 15, 2018, 15:24 Frijoles

Seems like the last one just barely came out. Did they say this was the last for a while?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing
5. Re: Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing Sep 7, 2018, 11:52 Frijoles

Played at release for a while and really enjoyed it. Came back a few months later and it looked like a tablet had taken a shit all over the screen. Click this, click that, get a daily whatever! What a mess. Think I stuck around for about 10 minutes and haven't been back. I'm going to miss my bunny.  

News Comments > Steam Supports Blocking Specific Creators
5. Re: Steam Supports Blocking Specific Creators Aug 28, 2018, 15:25 Frijoles

Orogogus wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 15:13:
From Steam's preferences, you can already filter out tags like anime or visual novel,

It's annoying that we can't filter out custom tags. Battle Royale isn't an "official" tag yet, so I can't block them on my preferences. I can add them myself, but that doesn't do much good.

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
5. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Aug 19, 2018, 00:48 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 14:41:
Game's already dying, huh?

They've done many of these. And every time someone makes the same attempt at a joke.

News Comments > The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft
7. Re: The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft Aug 14, 2018, 09:33 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 07:06:
Actually the only hitch it had was within the first 10 mins of release and it was more or less queues and a busted interaction with Magni.

I think I was disconnected about a dozen times with world server down messages a few times. Definitely not smooth for me. Didn't get better until pretty late last night. Chat would continue to work so I could bitch to my guild mates at least.

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall
2. Re: MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall Aug 13, 2018, 12:39 Frijoles

Not too impressed with the game. I'd refund it if I were not past the two hours. I planned for a grind going in, but I didn't think it'd be at the same level as an MMO grind (or worse).  

News Comments > Abstractism Yoinked
11. Re: Abstractism Yoinked Jul 31, 2018, 23:47 Frijoles

Sepharo wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 18:48:
Are these games buying and downloading automatically for you?

Of course not. Are they rating themselves and proving they have no malware included? Nope, not doing that either. GOG is. And that's where I buy my games now. Why do you and others object so much to a curated (by Valve) section of Steam? In what way does it harm you from browsing all the other shovelware and asset flips? They'd still be there, ready to mine Monero.

News Comments > Abstractism Yoinked
2. Re: Abstractism Yoinked Jul 31, 2018, 12:20 Frijoles

I'd like to see Valve release a Steam Premier which is basically a curated form of their store. Leave Steam up with all the shit that goes with it for people who like to live dangerously. Steam Premier could be like old Steam. Same app, just a different section of it.  

News Comments > GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds
6. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 12:01 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:57:
On top of that the big issue I had yesterday was the game allows you to double rebind keys. that caused a big problem for me to the point where I thought my game was bugged.

One of my biggest pet peeves. Apparently rebinding keys is hard to program for a lot of devs who suffer from WASD syndrome.

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
4. Re: Steam Chat Launches Jul 25, 2018, 00:19 Frijoles

And it's broken.  

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
15. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 12:26 Frijoles

Keilun wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 12:04:
Quinn wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 11:14:
How is rerolling these days? Will it be lonely questing in empty areas and is all the player base endgame? Or is a fresh start very doable?

It's pretty dead. On occasion you might encounter a few people here or there, but it's mostly dead,

I wonder if it's a server issue. The zones have been full of people. I've been leveling my new alts and I hate having to compete with others for kills. I'd rather level alone. Dunno about instances, though, since I don't run them. As for if it's doable, the game can be solo'd all the way to near-max ilevel.

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
5. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 10:43 Frijoles

Rhett wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 10:28:
I recently got a few days free to log in (converting my old tokens to blizzard fun-bucks), and the game seemed pretty dead to me... Absolutely nobody talking in trade chat,

Sounds like a feature.

I logged in last night and it was a ghost town due to the server issues. Kind of eerie. Not much to do now until BfA's pre-expansion quests start.

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Waning
10. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Waning Jul 14, 2018, 20:12 Frijoles

Wish they'd add it to Arcade. No score for me since that's all I play.

News Comments > New Warframe Content Plans
5. Re: New Warframe Content Plans Jul 9, 2018, 09:41 Frijoles

Numinar wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 07:29:
This is one of those games that is obviously amazing, well supported and beloved by those that try it. I can't get into it. Tried 4 times on different platforms.

Steam says I have around 100 hours in it. I took a break just before they added the open world stuff. I've tried to return a few times, but just can't get back in to it. Not because it's not fun, but because I can't figure out wtf I'm doing. Everything changes too quickly, and as said, the UI just gets more clutter on it. Was good while it lasted though.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 4, 2018, 02:21 Frijoles

Slashman wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 15:02:
Frijoles wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 12:51:
Article was crap. TLDR: Was it flawed? Sure. And it released against other games that did things better.

That's exactly what the article said. How does that make it crap?

That's what I mean. It said nothing, really. They took a dev post that said nearly nothing and turned it in to an article. No follow-up questions, no digging for a bit more. Just "here's what a dev said, let us rephrase it." So yeah, article was crap. Dev post was fine.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 3, 2018, 12:54 Frijoles

Putting gender aside (though you shouldn’t), if you work in advertising, public relations, broadcasting, law or financial services, you have a reason to fret.

If the robots are doing a better job at Public Relations, we're doomed. But at least we'll be happy about it.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 3, 2018, 12:51 Frijoles

Article was crap. TLDR: Was it flawed? Sure. And it released against other games that did things better.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
2. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 27, 2018, 12:07 Frijoles

Timmeh wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 11:18:
funcom... make AO2...

I remember running in to walls due to horrible lag in AO1's launch. You'd line the camera up with where you wanted to go (aim at a wall so you stop), push forward, then wait 30 seconds for it to catch up. Thought it was a shitty game. But man do I want an AO2. I tried going back to AO1 a year or two ago and just couldn't get past the interface.

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Jun 25, 2018, 17:30 Frijoles

But then I remember playing that game is like looking at the raw feed of the Matrix.

As mentioned above, the tilesets help with that. The real difficulty (for me) was knowing what to do. This is old, but still useful tutorial. Watch some DF tutorials also. Or just jump in and assume your first dozen forts will collapse.

I've put in probably a couple hundred hours in to DF. Once you get int o it, you can zoom around the menus without much issue. At that point, it's a matter of which systems you hate (gear sets for military come to mind). I tend to play once a year to catch up on the changes and murder some goblins.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend
4. Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Jun 22, 2018, 19:57 Frijoles

The slog from 60 to 90 is horrible now. Even with Heirlooms. 1-60 isn't bad. I haven't hit 90 yet, but WoD was very easy to level in so I'm hoping it hasn't changed. The pre-expansion event for Legion made leveling super easy, so hopefully they do something similar. I think I leveled up 5 or 6 characters from low levels to max level from that expansion patch. It was crazy easy. Now it's the opposite.  

2702 Comments. 136 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo