Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2509 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve
6. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 18, 2017, 00:35 Frijoles

Sepharo wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 21:34:
He's a millionaire for sure, he was just working there because he enjoyed it and/or because he'd be bored otherwise. Must have changed his mind about one of those.

Maybe they changed the snack foods. I hear they went healthy. That'd drive me away too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 17, 2017, 09:36 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 03:45:
Even if VR sputters and dies like 3D televisions, I'll still be able to play the handful of games out right now for as long as my headset works, and honestly I'm fine with that. I'd treat it like a Sega Dreamcast, something that was ahead of it's time, and will be fun to come back to for decades to come.

Until a cable breaks and they won't replace it.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 16, 2017, 10:06 Frijoles

Tom wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 02:31:
Maybe Gabe is really just a big Jack Tramiel fan.

Maybe he's a Cave Johnson fan and spends his money on moon dust and testing. We've seen where that leads.

News Comments > Valve on Countering Cheats
5. Re: Valve on Countering Cheats Feb 15, 2017, 12:44 Frijoles

Linksil wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 10:29:
Funny that they test it on Blizzard's game(Overwatch) instead of their own game.

I found that interesting. Blizzard mentioned in one of their videos that they were working on this kind of stuff and were making the data available. I wonder if that's why. It was already available and easy to work with, whereas CS:GO isn't yet.

Knock off 20 years of my life and I'd have loved to get in to that kind of stuff. I'm too old now.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Feb 14, 2017, 11:00 Frijoles

Peeeling wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 09:45:
Tell me again about how one of the richest corporations in the industry is doing it wrong.

They just need some competition. Maybe that Amazon thing. Or GOG.

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Released
5. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Released Feb 14, 2017, 10:37 Frijoles

Any word on how long the single-player campaign is?  

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
3. Re: Take-Two Financials Feb 8, 2017, 01:47 Frijoles

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 23:15:
Given that they reached 70 million in sales back in November of last year, that would mean GTA V, now a four year old title, has sold 5 million copies in the past 4 months alone.

And still no single-player DLC or expansions. Hopefully GTA VI is coming.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Mom Mum Mommy Feb 8, 2017, 01:45 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 01:38:
or make backups of all the sites if he could get access, and then give that up to the authorities after the fact.

Backing up a CP site sounds like a bad idea if you're not the FBI.

News Comments > Lúcio Coming to Heroes of the Storm
2. Re: Lúcio Coming to Heroes of the Storm Feb 3, 2017, 19:15 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 18:11:
I like how he can wall-ride the terrain for some reason.

Does it on OW too. Although I've only seen it on the map with the bottomless pit in the center of the capture point. Rides around the wall until he can get out. Think I'll try it on other walls next time I play.

Looks weird seeing him in HotS where the animations are not nearly so fluid.

News Comments > More Overwatch Cheaters Banned
4. Re: More Overwatch Cheaters Banned Feb 3, 2017, 10:41 Frijoles

Cheaters suck, but I hate fuckers on my team standing around doing nothing more than I hate cheaters. Or worse, blocking the doors with Mei just to be a dick. This game makes me rage, and yet I keep playing.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Content Next Week
8. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Content Next Week Feb 1, 2017, 20:00 Frijoles

Wash Washburne wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 11:22:
How is Heart of Thorns? Wasn't going to pay a full price but now that it is on sale, worth a buy?

I appear to be in the minority. HoT is a long grind, IMO. The skills are interesting, but they take a ton of time to unlock (at least the later ones). And although there are events always going on, it's been rare for me to find anyone doing them. And a lot of them are hard to do solo.

That said, I do enjoy gliding. And when HoT came out I played a ton because there were so many other people around. Plus the story stuff is fun. But it comes back to grinding. To progress in the story, you have to unlock certain Mastery Skills, which requires more grinding. At least the story grinding isn't as bad (it's first tier skills).

News Comments > Asheron's Call and Asheron's Call 2 End
1. Re: Asheron's Call and Asheron's Call 2 End Jan 31, 2017, 20:27 Frijoles

*Pours one out for AC*

On that note, I didn't know AC2 was still up.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Early Access
2. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 10:09 Frijoles

Initial reviews are mixed on Steam. I think I'll buy it tonight. Only $30, and I've been itching for a new game with nothing to buy.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
12. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 10:29 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 09:42:
What is wrong with how they've handled Deus Ex? Human Revolution and Mankind Divided had some story issues but other than that were excellent games.

I loved HR. Thought it was a great game. MD is just as good, IMO, as far as gameplay. But I don't care for the environments. After several hours of playing, everything looks the same. I feel like I'm not advancing. I keep trying to go back and finish the game, but I just don't have any interest. Also feels like more backtracking than in HR, but that could be my bad memory.

News Comments > 25M Overwatch Players
5. Re: 25M Overwatch Players Jan 27, 2017, 14:24 Frijoles

deqer wrote on Jan 27, 2017, 13:17:
Not surprised to see news like this come at a time when the player count is decreasing.

How do you know player count is decreasing?

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Last Stand Details Tomorrow
1. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Last Stand Details Tomorrow Jan 18, 2017, 22:13 Frijoles

In my dreams, they use this engine and create a full-fledged single-player only game (maybe co-op). One that's a lot more fleshed out. I've been treating the game as single-player already, but the "campaign" isn't really long enough.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 12:45 Frijoles

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 11:16:
So, basically, he regrets ever suggesting there would be a third game

I read the AMA and that's not at all what he said. He sees all the design choices he made in HL2 and is overly critical of himself. He didn't have as much involvement in Portal 2, which is why he enjoyed it more.

"The issue with Half-Life for me is that I was involved in a much higher percentage of the decisions about the games, so it's hard for me to look at them as anything other than a series of things I regret," Newell wrote. "There's no information in my response about what we'll do in the future.

And Xen. He did say he regrets Xen.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2017, 01:12 Frijoles

In Morris’ interview with PC Gamer, he points out “Lots of people donate money and the assumption is that that money is going to treating [people in need] and it turns out that a portion of that money is going to lawyers writing letters to videogame companies who are apparently abusing use of the red cross symbol,’ Morris says. ‘How much money do they spend every year enforcing their abuse of the red cross emblem…?'”

Lots of charities out there to donate to. Red Cross appears to have too much money and free time.

News Comments > Valeera to Heroes of the Storm PTR Tomorrow
2. Re: Valeera to Heroes of the Storm PTR Tomorrow Jan 17, 2017, 01:08 Frijoles

I have to keep looking up who these new characters are. You'd think they would pick from their more well-known characters. They certainly have a lot to pick from.  

News Comments > Unforgiven VR Early Access Next Month
8. Re: Unforgiven VR Early Access Next Month Jan 16, 2017, 16:33 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 14:03:
Not a western, but I've heard Super Hot VR is awesome.

I think I've sweat the most in Superhot. Which isn't very fun with a display over your face. The game was fun though. Makes me feel like Jackie Chan. Just wish it were longer or allowed player-made content.

2509 Comments. 126 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo