Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2494 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Last Stand Details Tomorrow
1. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Last Stand Details Tomorrow Jan 18, 2017, 22:13 Frijoles

In my dreams, they use this engine and create a full-fledged single-player only game (maybe co-op). One that's a lot more fleshed out. I've been treating the game as single-player already, but the "campaign" isn't really long enough.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 12:45 Frijoles

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 11:16:
So, basically, he regrets ever suggesting there would be a third game

I read the AMA and that's not at all what he said. He sees all the design choices he made in HL2 and is overly critical of himself. He didn't have as much involvement in Portal 2, which is why he enjoyed it more.

"The issue with Half-Life for me is that I was involved in a much higher percentage of the decisions about the games, so it's hard for me to look at them as anything other than a series of things I regret," Newell wrote. "There's no information in my response about what we'll do in the future.

And Xen. He did say he regrets Xen.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2017, 01:12 Frijoles

In Morris’ interview with PC Gamer, he points out “Lots of people donate money and the assumption is that that money is going to treating [people in need] and it turns out that a portion of that money is going to lawyers writing letters to videogame companies who are apparently abusing use of the red cross symbol,’ Morris says. ‘How much money do they spend every year enforcing their abuse of the red cross emblem…?'”

Lots of charities out there to donate to. Red Cross appears to have too much money and free time.

News Comments > Valeera to Heroes of the Storm PTR Tomorrow
2. Re: Valeera to Heroes of the Storm PTR Tomorrow Jan 17, 2017, 01:08 Frijoles

I have to keep looking up who these new characters are. You'd think they would pick from their more well-known characters. They certainly have a lot to pick from.  

News Comments > Unforgiven VR Early Access Next Month
8. Re: Unforgiven VR Early Access Next Month Jan 16, 2017, 16:33 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 14:03:
Not a western, but I've heard Super Hot VR is awesome.

I think I've sweat the most in Superhot. Which isn't very fun with a display over your face. The game was fun though. Makes me feel like Jackie Chan. Just wish it were longer or allowed player-made content.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2017, 12:00 Frijoles

wtf_man wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 11:32:
There is no Half Life 3 / Episode 3, and there probably won't ever be one.

I just have to live long enough for it to leave copyright. Hopefully the world hasn't ended by then.

News Comments > More Overwatch Roadhog Changes
3. Re: More Overwatch Roadhog Changes Jan 11, 2017, 11:55 Frijoles

Luke wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 11:42:
still manga shit.. Book

You post this in a lot of threads.

News Comments > Tibia Turns 20
3. Re: Tibia Turns 20 Jan 10, 2017, 17:41 Frijoles

I've only seen it mentioned recently. Says it came out the same year as UO (few months before it). Kinda surprised I never heard of it.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV: The Far Edge of Fate Trailer
2. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV: The Far Edge of Fate Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 21:13 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 12:05:
I got really badly burned out from this after just the 30 days they give you after purchase.. no urge to go back to it. The grind is hardcore later on.

I signed back up over the weekend. It's definitely a grind, but I usually play for a few weeks and then stop for several months. This is my third return. There's just nothing out right now in the MMO sphere that isn't Korean P2W.

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
7. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 11:03 Frijoles

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 10:52:
Nevermind, re read it and I get it now. So pay a monthly fee to play my games on a high end PC via the cloud Rolleyes as opposed to upgrade my own pc.
I don't see why would anyone pay for something like this.

$8 a month is $96 per year. Cost of a new top-of-the-line graphics card is what, $700? That's 7 years to break even on the cost of a new card. I can see a use for it, but only if the streaming is fast enough and not a lag-fest. I imagine they'd keep you on the latest graphics card.

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
2. Re: Steam Award Winners Dec 31, 2016, 13:48 Frijoles

I don't think I voted the same for any of these. I'm out of touch with today's gamer, I guess.  

News Comments > Blizzard Celebrating 20 Years of Diablo
4. Re: Blizzard Celebrating 20 Years of Diablo Dec 28, 2016, 20:51 Frijoles

Wonder if they could add some sort of arcade type system to D3, like they did with SC2. Certainly helped there.  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Free Trial
5. Re: Black Desert Online Free Trial Dec 24, 2016, 16:48 Frijoles

Jivaro wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 11:42:
With all the changes to the classes this game is getting to be more fun to play..which is good because previous to these changes the highlight of the game was the character creator. It was all downhill from there.

I haven't really played it for a while. When did these changes take place? The game was very interesting and fun for a while, but it had quite a grind. Plus I was sick of shuffling inventory trying to find space.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending
5. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 20, 2016, 21:38 Frijoles

I remember calling my girlfriend and telling her I was buying something called digital crack and that I might not be around for a while. Mostly true. AC1 brings back a lot of good memories. Tried to get in to it a few years ago, but the controls and interface were just too frustrating to use. Still, I'm sad to see it go. Wish we could get another AAA MMO modeled after it. One with a jump skill.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 20, 2016, 15:06 Frijoles

Those Test of Time awards are all shit. TF2 is the only one that really should be there. Skyrim? Really? I mean it's only ... 5 years old?! Oh Lord I'm so old.

News Comments > ASTRONEER Early Access
1. Re: ASTRONEER Early Access Dec 17, 2016, 12:55 Frijoles

Looks interesting. Something I could play with my kids if I ever got them their own Steam account. I'm holding off buying games though since the Steam sale should be starting soon.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 8 Ends Soon
3. Re: Diablo III Season 8 Ends Soon Dec 16, 2016, 19:10 Frijoles

I'd like to see them let you select a season to work on and not end it, as far as gear goes. If I want a Tier 2 outfit in WoW, I put the time in to do it. With D3, you're SOL. Certainly makes them more rare, but does that even matter? Not like anyone cares what my character looks like, except for me.  

News Comments > Dota 2 The New Journey Begins
4. Re: Dota 2 The New Journey Begins Dec 13, 2016, 12:11 Frijoles

I really suck at this game so I use guides. However, in my one match last night, I noticed the guide was telling me what to buy from the shops but not what to skills to level. It was an older guide, though, so I'm wondering if it's just incompatible with this new version. I'd be surprised if they removed that.  

News Comments > Dota 2 Patch Tomorrow
1. Re: Dota 2 Patch Tomorrow Dec 11, 2016, 16:05 Frijoles

That's not much time for testing. Looking forward to seeing the changes though.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Survival Video
6. Re: Conan Exiles Survival Video Dec 8, 2016, 17:41 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:30:
I'm more concerned with if this is PvP only or not. If it is I'm out. Just not down with the grief-fest thanks. All I want to do is build, explore, and make thralls contemplate things on the Tree of Woe.

Same here. I couldn't figure out from the video if it's a hosted server like Ark, or if something else. I hate the hosted servers. You end up with a thousand little starter huts that people build before they decide to quit the game and never return. Plus the griefing.

2494 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo