Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2417 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming
9. Re: Oculus Rift Room-Scale VR Coming Jul 27, 2016, 11:56 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 00:15:
I've got a pretty big play space (the garage!)

You sir have made me jealous of your garage. My wife won't budge on moving just to get a larger Vive space. In fact, I dare say she isn't interested in that at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound
2. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound Jul 22, 2016, 22:09 Frijoles

I can't play the game. The interface is just terrible. I really want to enjoy it, but so many mouse clicks to do the simplest things. And a bunch of windows didn't have hotkeys. I'll try again though; maybe they changed it in the latest patch.  

News Comments > The Settlers Cancellation and Champions of Anteria Catch-up
5. Re: The Settlers Cancellation and Champions of Anteria Catch-up Jul 13, 2016, 20:56 Frijoles

I'm glad they removed The Settlers name from it, since this is nothing like that. Unfortunately, I wanted a new Settlers game (not that god-awful online thing).  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 8, 2016, 14:18 Frijoles

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 13:14:
And Microsofts inevitable Skynet OS will no doubt be a mandatory install.

You missed your chance to call it Skypenet.

News Comments > Turbine Layoffs
4. Re: Turbine Layoffs Jul 8, 2016, 14:15 Frijoles

Turbine's games all suffer from the same problem, shitacular UI. I hope the mobile area works for them and they get the millions of dollars that Clash of X is seeing. Because I want an AC3. With a better UI.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 7, 2016, 15:20 Frijoles

Pigeon wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 13:20:
Many seemingly only look at that when backing up.

When I bought my car with a backup camera on it, the salesman told me to use the camera and ignore the mirrors. I use both. Camera is shit if it's bright outside anyway.

News Comments > Godus Dead?
7. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 22:08 Frijoles

DangerDog wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 21:01:
All they needed to make was Populus with updated graphics.

I'm really surprised this hasn't happened from other companies. I see a lot of procedurally generated landscapes from hobby developers messing around in Unity and wonder how hard it'd be to turn it in to Populous.

News Comments > The Division Expansion & Patch Released
8. Re: The Division Expansion & Patch Released Jun 28, 2016, 22:06 Frijoles

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 14:34:
I got into my main character, and my 2 lowbies. I like how they expanded the HQ to the basement.

This underground expansion add much solo stuff? I grouped up for some of the larger missions and did some PVP, but most of my time was spent by myself. I enjoyed that, and $15 isn't much if I can get a few hours out of it.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 15
9. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 15 Jun 27, 2016, 12:56 Frijoles

LOC wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 11:15:
Man I used to play this so much when it was new.

Nobody played when it was new.. too laggy. I remember aiming at a wall and pushing forward, then waiting 30 - 60 seconds for it to refresh the screen and show me at the wall. Aside from that and the instance generator thing, I can't remember much about the game.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC
2. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC Jun 22, 2016, 20:34 Frijoles

One of my favorite games, but I want to see a new one. Not DLC.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 19, 2016, 01:31 Frijoles

KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 19:03:
Yep, they were praising how this merger will be great for the customer, everything would be better, but as soon as legally it was all complete bam screw the customer.

As is tradition!

News Comments > New Battle.net Authenticator
8. Re: New Battle.net Authenticator Jun 16, 2016, 20:51 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 18:39:
I still have the first generation authenticator which was released in TBC. Damn thing is a beast but is starting to show its age and I have to really push hard on that button to give me the code.

I still have my original as well. I figure the battery will go before anything else fails. The thing has been through the wash a handful of times, but it keeps on truckin'.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 15, 2016, 22:47 Frijoles

Rhapsody turned to shit. Their desktop player wasn't bad until the update they forced on everyone last year. You'd think, "Hey, we do music for our business. Maybe we should have a good music player?" No, they never thought that. They thought, "Let's see what Amazon is doing and copy their model of having a shit player. It can't fail!"

One of these days I'll try Spotify.

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
2. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 15, 2016, 21:36 Frijoles

thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 21:28:
Most of the people I know, including myself, have already given up on Overhype.

Everyone I know is still playing and way ahead of my level. Clearly we do not share a social circle.

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Plans
9. Re: Fallout 4 VR Plans Jun 13, 2016, 12:23 Frijoles

Looking forward to seeing what they use for locomotion, and how the UI looks. Settlement placement will be interesting as well. Hell, the whole thing. I was wondering why it'd take 6+ months, but now that I think about it, there are a lot of little things. Like lockpicking and hacking having to be redone to not move the players head. I'm looking forward to this.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Early Access in September
2. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access in September Jun 10, 2016, 12:54 Frijoles

MMORPG? I thought they were making a single player game.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 7, 2016, 10:40 Frijoles

Dev wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 08:45:
Apparently, they aren't bothering to compare hashes of leaked passwords to it's stored hashes to see if things match which is confirmation of creds leak

What do you mean by this? Wouldn't the hashes be different, especially if they salted them? The only method I can see is finding the leaked password list with emails and hashing them yourself.

News Comments > WoW Increasing Draw Distances
6. Re: WoW Increasing Draw Distances Jun 5, 2016, 15:38 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 14:36:
This is one of the small things which I was very pleased to see added in to the game especially considering how amazing the zones look. Even if this is the worst expansion to date, you gotta give credit where credit is due and they really went the extra mile to provide some of the best looking zones in the game as well as their always phenomenal music team.

The leveling up experience was also the best, IMO. I really like the bonus events, the treasures you can find, the cut scenes, etc. I really enjoyed WoD until I hit 100. I'm itching for Legion, but don't want to burn out leveling up in the beta just to redo it (on all my alts) at launch.

News Comments > Battleborn Patched
4. Re: Battleborn Patched Jun 4, 2016, 11:45 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 00:44:
More technically the lenses are muuuuch better than dk2, and the FOV is pretty big, seen some mods to bring your eyeball even closer and it becomes even bigger.

Quality of DK2 to CV1 is a pretty big as well. The built-in headphones are one of the best decisions they made (out of so many wrong decisions), and the screen door on CV1 is a lot better. Vive vs. CV1 resolution is about the same as far as I can tell, although CV1 has terrible god rays. None of this matters though because of roomscale. Hopefully Touch comes out with a roomscale for Oculus as well.

I don't have much to say about Battleborn. They need a free weekend I guess so I can try it.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 4, 2016, 11:39 Frijoles

Maybe those Tech CEOs are already AI and they're trying to prepare the rest of us.  

2417 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo