Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2692 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
15. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 12:26 Frijoles

Keilun wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 12:04:
Quinn wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 11:14:
How is rerolling these days? Will it be lonely questing in empty areas and is all the player base endgame? Or is a fresh start very doable?

It's pretty dead. On occasion you might encounter a few people here or there, but it's mostly dead,

I wonder if it's a server issue. The zones have been full of people. I've been leveling my new alts and I hate having to compete with others for kills. I'd rather level alone. Dunno about instances, though, since I don't run them. As for if it's doable, the game can be solo'd all the way to near-max ilevel.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
5. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 10:43 Frijoles

Rhett wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 10:28:
I recently got a few days free to log in (converting my old tokens to blizzard fun-bucks), and the game seemed pretty dead to me... Absolutely nobody talking in trade chat,

Sounds like a feature.

I logged in last night and it was a ghost town due to the server issues. Kind of eerie. Not much to do now until BfA's pre-expansion quests start.

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Waning
10. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Waning Jul 14, 2018, 20:12 Frijoles

Wish they'd add it to Arcade. No score for me since that's all I play.

News Comments > New Warframe Content Plans
5. Re: New Warframe Content Plans Jul 9, 2018, 09:41 Frijoles

Numinar wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 07:29:
This is one of those games that is obviously amazing, well supported and beloved by those that try it. I can't get into it. Tried 4 times on different platforms.

Steam says I have around 100 hours in it. I took a break just before they added the open world stuff. I've tried to return a few times, but just can't get back in to it. Not because it's not fun, but because I can't figure out wtf I'm doing. Everything changes too quickly, and as said, the UI just gets more clutter on it. Was good while it lasted though.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 4, 2018, 02:21 Frijoles

Slashman wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 15:02:
Frijoles wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 12:51:
Article was crap. TLDR: Was it flawed? Sure. And it released against other games that did things better.

That's exactly what the article said. How does that make it crap?

That's what I mean. It said nothing, really. They took a dev post that said nearly nothing and turned it in to an article. No follow-up questions, no digging for a bit more. Just "here's what a dev said, let us rephrase it." So yeah, article was crap. Dev post was fine.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 3, 2018, 12:54 Frijoles

Putting gender aside (though you shouldn’t), if you work in advertising, public relations, broadcasting, law or financial services, you have a reason to fret.

If the robots are doing a better job at Public Relations, we're doomed. But at least we'll be happy about it.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 3, 2018, 12:51 Frijoles

Article was crap. TLDR: Was it flawed? Sure. And it released against other games that did things better.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
2. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 27, 2018, 12:07 Frijoles

Timmeh wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 11:18:
funcom... make AO2...

I remember running in to walls due to horrible lag in AO1's launch. You'd line the camera up with where you wanted to go (aim at a wall so you stop), push forward, then wait 30 seconds for it to catch up. Thought it was a shitty game. But man do I want an AO2. I tried going back to AO1 a year or two ago and just couldn't get past the interface.

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Jun 25, 2018, 17:30 Frijoles

But then I remember playing that game is like looking at the raw feed of the Matrix.

As mentioned above, the tilesets help with that. The real difficulty (for me) was knowing what to do. This is old, but still useful tutorial. Watch some DF tutorials also. Or just jump in and assume your first dozen forts will collapse.

I've put in probably a couple hundred hours in to DF. Once you get int o it, you can zoom around the menus without much issue. At that point, it's a matter of which systems you hate (gear sets for military come to mind). I tend to play once a year to catch up on the changes and murder some goblins.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend
4. Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Jun 22, 2018, 19:57 Frijoles

The slog from 60 to 90 is horrible now. Even with Heirlooms. 1-60 isn't bad. I haven't hit 90 yet, but WoD was very easy to level in so I'm hoping it hasn't changed. The pre-expansion event for Legion made leveling super easy, so hopefully they do something similar. I think I leveled up 5 or 6 characters from low levels to max level from that expansion patch. It was crazy easy. Now it's the opposite.  

News Comments > Dig or Die Next Month
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 10:58 Frijoles

This has been in my wishlist for a long time now, and it has never gone on sale. In fact, if I'm reading this chart right, it's only gone up in price.  

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
3. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 18, 2018, 11:27 Frijoles

If you sit on a bucket to take a shit instead of getting up from the PC because you're playing a game, you have a gaming disorder.  

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
15. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 12:55 Frijoles

He says this every single year. It'd be news if MS _didn't_ "recommit" to PC gaming.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 22:01 Frijoles

Looks like a lot of good sequels (prequels) coming. I still want to see a Half-Life 3, but so many other devs have games now that feel very Half-Life, I feel like it's not as needed. Metro certainly, and to some extent Dying Light, give me a Half-Life feel. Makes me believe Valve can't really compete on that front anymore.  

News Comments > Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons
16. Re: Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons Jun 6, 2018, 16:42 Frijoles

I like the idea of seasons, but this one seems weak. I don't need more gold and shit from goblins. Once the season ends, and even part way through it, I have more than enough of everything. PoE adds new gameplay content. I want to see that.  

News Comments > Vampyr Released
2. Re: Vampyr Released Jun 5, 2018, 20:39 Frijoles

Tempted to use the 25% off over at GMG for it. Reviews are all over the place though.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2018, 13:00 Frijoles

And no word on whether it fixes Spectre/Meltdown. Starting to think it's unfixable in hardware.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 3, 2018, 23:19 Frijoles

Quboid wrote on Jun 3, 2018, 20:32:
That's a selling point to me, a lot of these games go for a pace that don't really interest me. How close to release quality would you say it is?

I only have about 3 hours of playtime, but I haven't seen any bugs. Feels pretty good. For what it is, I think it's good enough. I would like to see more than a single shark cause problems. For example, when it rains, the fires should go out (used for cooking and purifying water). I'd like to see heavy storms that can break up the ship if you don't repair it. But for $20, I can't complain. It's relaxing like Stardew Valley.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 3, 2018, 18:47 Frijoles

Raft is addictive. Be aware that if you anchor the raft and go explore an island, it may drift away. If you die, you can get back to it (not sure if you need a bed). Fun little game though.  

News Comments > Dauntless Open Beta
3. Re: Dauntless Open Beta May 24, 2018, 12:12 Frijoles

Looks like Fortnight to me. Nearly identical, not counting the UI.  

2692 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo