Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2659 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs 3 Plans Revealed?
2. Re: Watch Dogs 3 Plans Revealed? Apr 16, 2018, 12:02 Frijoles

The characters in Watch Dogs 2 were forgettable. It made it difficult to login and play since I just didn't care about the story. I think the world itself was fine and enjoyable, just felt like there wasn't much point.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New BioShock Rumored
21. Re: Re: New BioShock Rumored Apr 14, 2018, 12:14 Frijoles

Kxmode wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 05:24:
I would prefer Bioshock Fallout.

Here's my Kickstarter money!

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
18. Re: GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time Apr 9, 2018, 15:05 Frijoles

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 15:01:
I find it strange that a game where you play a thug is the most popular game. I have watched the kids play it and just do not see what is so enthralling about it.

I thought the same thing for a long time. No interest in a driving simulator. Finally bought it on sale. Now it's one of my top games in play time, and one of my favorite. When I'm having a crappy day, I can count on Trevor to cheer me up.

News Comments > WoW Expands in August
14. Re: WoW Expands in August Apr 5, 2018, 17:01 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 13:05:
I'm particularly worried about how we're going to transition back to classes without artifact weapons which often made them feel complete whereas now they're being half baked in to the always questionable talent tree or out right removed and replaced with the passive Azerite system. Not to mention the way they're meddling with the global cool down and area damage.

It sucks. I've been playing a bit of alpha and I hate it. There are skills on my DH that are gone. The self healing after Eye Beam is almost nothing. Eye Beam itself is back to the full cooldown (to artifact buff to decrease the cooldown). I hate it. I played another character and it was the same thing. Just feels off now.

I will say the starter city (at least for Alliance) is huge, and the zones are beautiful.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Dropping DX9 and 32-bit Clients
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Dropping DX9 and 32-bit Clients Apr 3, 2018, 20:35 Frijoles

LDAsh wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 20:14:
Looking at the game, it looks like something from DX9 era anyway...

This is why I don't play anymore. I login and just feel like I'm on a mobile game. I don't think it was that bad when it launched, and I played a ton back then. SC2 is starting to feel the same way.

News Comments > Mobile Intel i9 CPUs Announced
8. Re: Mobile Intel i9 CPUs Announced Apr 3, 2018, 14:35 Frijoles

it bears pointing out that there is no indication that these chips do any more to mitigate Spectre and Meltdown

That's disappointing. That's the main reason I'm waiting.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released Apr 3, 2018, 09:37 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 06:18:
Oh yeah, navigating Skyrim GUI in VR? hahahahahahahahaaaa

It's not as bad as FO4, IMO. Mods do work, so I'm hoping someone cleans the UI up a bit. I only played for about an hour last night. So far so good. Lots of VR options.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1
3. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 27, 2018, 22:24 Frijoles

I can't stand it. It reminds me of one of those free iPad games with the shit graphics that got ported to Steam. UI/Controls are garbage, animations and graphics are terrible. The whole starter area was full of "wtf". Bugs. Think I did the $100 package too. This is the "game" that swore me off of ever using Kickstarter again. That's not even addressing the microtransactions.

News Comments > Ni no Kuni II: REVENANT KINGDOM Released
3. Re: Ni no Kuni II: REVENANT KINGDOM Released Mar 24, 2018, 00:12 Frijoles

The start of the story feels a bit forced. I've had a few, "Uh, ok." moments. Combat seems fun though, if they'd stop interrupting.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Mar 21, 2018, 09:42 Frijoles

Also fixes the black screen issue with the Oculus Rift. Did for me anyway.  

News Comments > How to Play Sea of Thieves Early (And For Free!)
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 19, 2018, 22:37 Frijoles

So what kind of shit do I have to install to run this? It's bought from the Windows Store, but my understanding is that it (the store) components only run if it's launched. What about things like Games for Windows Live? I have bad memories of that. Anything like that shit that will be required? I see Xbox above. Xbox anything on my PC also makes me afraid. I should probably just wait for a Steam release.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2018, 11:22 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 10:52:
Is Google also going to build the graphics card required to power it?

We'll start over with CGA, and then on to EGA, etc. In 20 years we'll be back to where we are now, only in VR.

News Comments > The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans
4. Re: The Division 2 Announcement and The Division Support Plans Mar 8, 2018, 23:45 Frijoles

Area 51.. so we can get more than 3 types of humans. And no Alex!

News Comments > Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage
11. Re: Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage Mar 7, 2018, 19:42 Frijoles

Saboth wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 19:02:
Hmm, so DRM?

No. More like "Yeah, I wrote this." Has nothing to do with DRM.

News Comments > Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage
10. Re: Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage Mar 7, 2018, 19:41 Frijoles

Flatline wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 18:54:
But having a signed SSL certificate to even run your software *is* strange.

Not very strange. I find it odd when drivers aren't signed. Otherwise how can you really trust that they're from the developer? At any rate, this cert was around the CV1 days. The guy who wrote the software probably left and nobody noticed. Also changing a system clock can lead to other software problems, so make sure to change it back when done. I'm surprised they haven't fixed it yet though since signing a new executable shouldn't take very long.

News Comments > New Overwatch Character Confirmed
6. Re: New Overwatch Character Confirmed Mar 1, 2018, 12:06 Frijoles

theglaze wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 23:28:
I exclusively play Mystery Heroes, there’s actually quite a few players who do that.

I'm the same way. My fear is they put Mystery Heroes on a random rotation like the other game types. I'd probably stop playing. It really makes you focus on staying alive, too, since if you can lose your ult.

News Comments > Overwatch Tease
5. Re: Overwatch Tease Feb 23, 2018, 17:45 Frijoles

Sepharo wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 14:26:
Maybe a new Defense since that's the only category yet to receive a new character.

Isn't Orisa defense?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Combat Improvement Plans
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Combat Improvement Plans Feb 8, 2018, 11:00 Frijoles

ESO combat needs a lot of help, and I don't think Synergies is enough. I get bored out of my mind playing this game because the combat is so bad. Skills don't feel like they have any unf. Stab normal, or stab with a glowing spear. And if you blink you miss it.  

News Comments > Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content
4. Re: Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content Feb 6, 2018, 01:34 Frijoles

I haven't played for a long time. Did they ever make the car not break down (or need gas) every 5 minutes? That was my biggest complaint. I eventually started walking everywhere, which didn't last long before I quit.  

News Comments > Overwatch Patch
4. Re: Overwatch Patch Jan 31, 2018, 09:38 Frijoles

beigemore wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 08:41:
As a Junkrat player, I am ok with this change.

As a Junkrat player, I thought this was how it worked before.

2659 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo