Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2714 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Artifact Tournament and Pre-Purchases Begin
8. Re: Artifact Tournament and Pre-Purchases Begin Nov 11, 2018, 00:34 Frijoles

Armengar wrote on Nov 10, 2018, 19:01:
who actually sees this as fun to buy 10 virtual card for $2?

Does this come with a virtual ship? *pulls out wallet*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V Launch Trailer
2. Re: Battlefield V Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2018, 15:47 Frijoles

I'd say I played last night, but really I just died over and over. I figure I'll just be a spawn point for my squad. This is my life now in BF5.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Goes Free-to-Play
9. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Goes Free-to-Play Oct 30, 2018, 14:27 Frijoles

Save yourself some time. Get an asset flip from Steam. It's going to be more enjoyable. Really wish I hadn't backed this one.  

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
18. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 16:02 Frijoles

Loved the game, although the tilesets started to become repetitive after a while. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like. I don't imagine it's aged well. I nearly jumped back on after the publisher changed, but it seemed a bit sketchy so I avoided it. Having it on Steam would feel better.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Harrison Ford Oct 18, 2018, 17:01 Frijoles

After watching the video, it seems to work best by hiding the actor either off-screen or in a dark area, and then having them barely speak. That appears to limit it to only "mostly something wrong" instead of "this is completely wrong".

News Comments > RimWorld Leaves Early Access
11. Re: RimWorld Leaves Early Access Oct 18, 2018, 11:05 Frijoles

Got over 200 hours in this game making it my top game in Steam. The mods are amazing, and I look forward to whatever Tynan does next.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Fallout 76 Oct 16, 2018, 21:27 Frijoles

Fallout 76 Platinum Edition costs $115, doesn't include Fallout 76.

This is perfect. I keep buying games I don't play. It's clearly marketed towards me.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 14, 2018, 12:30 Frijoles

Enjoying Odyssey, but the size of the map is daunting. At 10 hours in, I feel like I've hardly put a dent in it. Hell, it took me 4 hours to get to the title screen (once you leave the first island).  

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack Released - XCOM 2 Free Weekend
7. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack Released - XCOM 2 F Oct 10, 2018, 11:15 Frijoles

I sunk a lot of hours in to XCOM 2, then left. I keep returning and have no idea WTF is going on anymore, so I don't stick around. It seems like everything is an emergency and needs to be addressed, so I just alt-f4. I enjoy the missions themselves. It's all the other shit going on that I get lost in.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2018, 11:01 Frijoles

CthulhuFan wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 10:46:
No twisting required to make TWoT include many strong female characters, it's built right in. Title is just SJW click bait.

Was thinking the same thing. The first several books have women solidly in charge. It isn't until towards the end that men are on equal footing, and that's only some of them. However, I fear they'll go the Sword of Shannara direction and turn it in to shit so it's more appealing to people who haven't read the books.

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
2. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 10:52 Frijoles

I've been wanting to buy the books for a while, but fuck that now. He sounds like an alcoholic douchenozzle, if other commenters (on other sites) are to be believed.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2018, 19:09 Frijoles

Uh.. until? I believe they could strike out that whole first part:

Until data is misused, Facebook’s breach will be forgotten.

If we didn't do shit to Experian, why would this one matter? Facebook just has to keep quiet and it'll pass.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Assassin's Creed Odyssey
4. Re: Gone Gold - Assassin's Creed Odyssey Sep 15, 2018, 15:24 Frijoles

Seems like the last one just barely came out. Did they say this was the last for a while?  

News Comments > Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing
5. Re: Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing Sep 7, 2018, 11:52 Frijoles

Played at release for a while and really enjoyed it. Came back a few months later and it looked like a tablet had taken a shit all over the screen. Click this, click that, get a daily whatever! What a mess. Think I stuck around for about 10 minutes and haven't been back. I'm going to miss my bunny.  

News Comments > Steam Supports Blocking Specific Creators
5. Re: Steam Supports Blocking Specific Creators Aug 28, 2018, 15:25 Frijoles

Orogogus wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 15:13:
From Steam's preferences, you can already filter out tags like anime or visual novel,

It's annoying that we can't filter out custom tags. Battle Royale isn't an "official" tag yet, so I can't block them on my preferences. I can add them myself, but that doesn't do much good.

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
5. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Aug 19, 2018, 00:48 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 14:41:
Game's already dying, huh?

They've done many of these. And every time someone makes the same attempt at a joke.

News Comments > The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft
7. Re: The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft Aug 14, 2018, 09:33 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 07:06:
Actually the only hitch it had was within the first 10 mins of release and it was more or less queues and a busted interaction with Magni.

I think I was disconnected about a dozen times with world server down messages a few times. Definitely not smooth for me. Didn't get better until pretty late last night. Chat would continue to work so I could bitch to my guild mates at least.

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall
2. Re: MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall Aug 13, 2018, 12:39 Frijoles

Not too impressed with the game. I'd refund it if I were not past the two hours. I planned for a grind going in, but I didn't think it'd be at the same level as an MMO grind (or worse).  

News Comments > Abstractism Yoinked
11. Re: Abstractism Yoinked Jul 31, 2018, 23:47 Frijoles

Sepharo wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 18:48:
Are these games buying and downloading automatically for you?

Of course not. Are they rating themselves and proving they have no malware included? Nope, not doing that either. GOG is. And that's where I buy my games now. Why do you and others object so much to a curated (by Valve) section of Steam? In what way does it harm you from browsing all the other shovelware and asset flips? They'd still be there, ready to mine Monero.

News Comments > Abstractism Yoinked
2. Re: Abstractism Yoinked Jul 31, 2018, 12:20 Frijoles

I'd like to see Valve release a Steam Premier which is basically a curated form of their store. Leave Steam up with all the shit that goes with it for people who like to live dangerously. Steam Premier could be like old Steam. Same app, just a different section of it.  

2714 Comments. 136 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo