Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5796 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 14:39 DangerDog

descender wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 13:44:
Having access to the internet be determined by private corporations has been an absolute disaster. We pay a ridiculous amount of money for internet access compared to the rest of the world and the lack of industry regulation is a large reason for that. The internet should absolutely be treated as a public utility. This would guarantee service connections to all citizens and properties, just like we do for power/water. It would also give you the freedom to choose what content providers and gateway services you actually want to pay for and use rather than being locked into whichever one company happens to provide the service in your area. Breaking up those monopolies and putting the control of the internet infrastructure back into the hands of the people is extremely important.

The government is just people. It is not naturally corrupt, inefficient or incompetent. If you want better government then elect better people. If you want better policies then elect better people. Show up to a midterm election. Be an informed voter and vote for your local officials. If you only show up to vote for the president every 4 years (or worse yet, don't even shoe up for that), you have absolutely no right to whine about how corrupt and inefficient the government is. You are not actively participating in its creation.

Electing a person who has "no plan" and no clue whatsoever about... basically anything? That's a fucking horrible idea. Every job in the world has qualifications and requirements for a reason... you would never EVER consider hiring someone to do a job the way people are suggesting that we elect the president.

This is her "public" plan, what's her private plan?

I can imagine in private conversations with her telecom backers her people are wheeling and dealing to bring about an end to any form of free speech on the internet, a drone strike on Wikileaks would be just a start.

It doesn't take much brain power to read between the lines of her "public" plan either, raise taxes on people paying for their broadband connection so that she can give "free" internet to so called underprivileged people.

Hillary Clinton is the gold star winner of corporate crony government with her pay to play schemes. Until we do something about getting the lobbyists out of the system completely, nothing is going to change.

As for the debate all I heard from her is war drums beating over wanting to attack Russia, her and all of the so called "never trump" republicans (RINOS) are backing her because she'll follow the neocon script to take out Putin.

Nothing that comes out of Hillary's mouth is her own thought, it all comes from three letter organizations that are in the real seat of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba9wxl1Dmas

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
13. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 6, 2016, 23:48 DangerDog

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:06:
I pre-ordered it and I don't regret it. I always expect issues on release on any game. Mafia II was no different and that got ironed out in to a solid game. As I want to continue seeing Mafia games, I support their efforts.

I'll see tomorrow how it runs on my systems and go from there. If it needs a couple of patches, I go back to playing KSP.

I predict it's going to run at 30fps

ha ha

one mans trash is another mans treasure, hope you have fun

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2016, 16:08 DangerDog

Mafia 3 looks like trash on so many levels.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 5, 2016, 16:38 DangerDog

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

seems to be the most popular HDTV for PC monitor and gaming, the input lag is pretty bad on most of them but this one is like 20ms but you have to drop the image quality to 4:4:2 for "gaming mode", true HDR is only available on 10bit displays and come at a premium price right now.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 5, 2016, 03:19 DangerDog

..and Groundhog Day  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Internet handover is go-go-go! ICANN to take IANA from US govt. Oct 1, 2016, 18:02 DangerDog

/thanks obama  

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
15. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 16:11 DangerDog

Poor them, rest in piss  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Gameplay Footage
2. Re: Titanfall 2 Gameplay Footage Sep 30, 2016, 14:06 DangerDog

Pushing that "modified" source engine for all it's worth, which isn't much from the look of it. (oh DICE how you've spoiled me with Photogrammetry and the Frostbite Engine graphics)

too bad they can't make it look 1/10th as good as their live action hybrid 3d rendered trailer.

https://youtu.be/7i1ylWxKJjA?t=2007

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2016, 14:16.

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor
3. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Sep 29, 2016, 19:48 DangerDog

They keep blaming overwatch but they can't be self reflective and just admit their game sucks.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch
8. Re: Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch Sep 29, 2016, 18:56 DangerDog

Jackplug wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 17:45:
Lets bring back Tribes 1

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436320913

eh, I wouldn't call it "Tribes 1" but it's tribes like

News Comments > Battleborn AMA & Livestream
1. Re: Battleborn AMA & Livestream Sep 29, 2016, 05:45 DangerDog

I'll take "Video Games I'll never play" for 400.

Maybe they'll make another Brother in Arms game, not that crappy Furious 4 (thankfully canceled) piece of crap either.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
20. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 05:36 DangerDog

Numinar wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 00:21:
If this lawsuit sticks then there will be no marketing for games until a few months before release.

A lot of stuff gets cut real late, when you realise that a feature just can't be optimised or QA'd properly before release.

I'm pissed at NMS as well, though I believe everything they showed in the game was in it at some stage and possibly they even believed would ship. But time is a cruel mistress and you have to decide to ship late or cut, and they were already super late, maybe even running out of money. Those sandworms and dinosaurs seemed awesome in the trailers, but what can you do.

It's not a lawsuit.

Hello Games is still using bullshit E3 footage "this is what we hope to make" video clips to advertise the game on NMS Steam page.

This isn't a case of cutting content, you would first have to make the content in order to cut it.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
19. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 05:29 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 22:02:
Ocellaris, post: 1042558790, member: 173802 wrote:
Someone should investigate gamer tendencies to preorder games and then cry afterwards because they didn't wait for reviews or player feedback.
hardocp post

someone has to buy the game to provide player feedback.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 4K Trailer
9. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 22:11 DangerDog

Jackplug wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 19:31:
its a game that allows bunny hopping, all that bouncing around will make the hares on the back of your neck stand up.

That's actually a "feature" of the game that allows fast movement across the map, it's a throwback to skiing in Tribes. You can some skiing action in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67siZmYxfwE

News Comments > Titanfall 2 4K Trailer
1. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 16:12 DangerDog

I'm still a bit confused why EA gave them the greenlight to make Titanfall 2, I know the first one was a financial success but that was because on xbox one the selection of games was rather thin. This looks pretty but where is the physics and destruction? Large stompy robot can't even move a shipping crate or down a tree.

On PC there was a min-surge of people initially but once the glitz quickly wore off it was abandoned by the players.

I've also read that the netcode is 30hz which is pretty bad for a twitch game like this, BF1 is using 60hz and so is Overwatch.

As for 4k, boy I wish it were ready for prime time but it's not. You need a $700 graphics card to run 4k at 60hz and in most games you need to adjust your settings to medium. Even with two $700 graphics cards there's no guarantee because SLI support is sketchy most of the time.

40" is the sweet spot for 4k and you don't have any affordable options for monitors. Those korean ebay deals are too risky, I did it for a 1440p monitor and got lucky with getting one with no defects but the 4k monitors seem to be a big gamble with the outcome being stuck with a $500 - $600 piece of garbage. UHD TV's have too high response time, the best being around 20ms range but you have to lower the picture quality to get that.

edit: actually I guess they are using 60hz update in the netcode for Titanfall 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SQx3b9iGhg

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2016, 17:02.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer
23. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 06:59 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 05:07:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 19:15:
Task wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 17:47:
Ah, so another WW1 game not showing the perspective of the Central Alliance. Germans were just Nazi's in WW1 too of course, or something like that.

Expect a "Hollywood" version of WW1 here, they have black German and British soldiers fighting in European theater of war.

WW1 setting is just a backdrop, this is an alternate reality WW1 without pushing it into the "steampunk" realm of fantasy.

It's not too alternate reality, other than everyone's running around with a full-auto MP-18 submachine gun. They hew pretty close to the tech that was available at the time, while still having that actiony BF gameplay.

They would probably call it "authentic" in the sense that all the weapons and equipment are based on real things from that era. They never use the words "realistic" when describing Battlefield games. A "realistic" WWI game would be pretty awful.

16. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 19:26 DangerDog

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 17:49:
Looks gorgeous, but Battlefield is all about the multiplayer. This should be either icing on the cake or irrelevant to your decision to purchase, at this point.

So far the lowest I've seen the (base) game for is $52.99 on Greenmangaming, and that has the added hassle of being in the UK, which can flag some peoples' credit card fraud protection.

https://www.dealzon.com/deals/cheap-battlefield-1#battlefield-1-standard-pc-download

use code VIP3

I paid 45.39 and I always use paypal and have never had any issues with GMG

15. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 19:15 DangerDog

Task wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 17:47:
Ah, so another WW1 game not showing the perspective of the Central Alliance. Germans were just Nazi's in WW1 too of course, or something like that.

Expect a "Hollywood" version of WW1 here, they have black German and British soldiers fighting in European theater of war.

WW1 setting is just a backdrop, this is an alternate reality WW1 without pushing it into the "steampunk" realm of fantasy.

8. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 17:19 DangerDog

Tumbler wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 16:55:
Bought the season pass for Battlefront on PS4 when it went on sale for $33. That combined with the core game finally makes Battlefront feel like a $60 game. (I bought the game for about $35 at launch with some deals I found)

I think I'll wait on this one until this time next year. Seems like all these games, Call of Duty, Battlefront, Battlefield, are all way over priced at launch and even at a fair price, $30 to $40, they still feel incomplete. I'll wait until you can buy the game and season pass for $60 or less and then I'll give it a shot.

Can't really do that with multiplayer focused games, got to strike while the iron is hot because there are too many choices to contend with peoples attention. By the time the game is discounted with a season pass or the season pass maps are given away for free the game is dead.

Most multiplayer games don't see life beyond the initial three month surge.

4. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 16:14 DangerDog

It would be nice if they had more sandbox open maps where you could switch up the gameplay, Bad Company 2 had a mix of linear and semi-open maps.

Single player is just a tag-on, the real value is in the multiplayer. Visually it's a very nice looking - and sounding tag-on though.

5796 Comments. 290 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo