Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6148 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Why Call of Duty Reenlisted in WWII
8. Re: Why Call of Duty Reenlisted in WWII Nov 9, 2017, 12:35 DangerDog

"We're running out of politically correct facsimiles of human soldiers to be the enemy in our games"

Let's shoot Germans again, they won't mind.

I think they should buy up the license to G.I.Joe

Cobraaaaaaaaaaa!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 8, 2017, 14:17 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 12:47:
You can opt out of it fairly easily, actually. Don't use Facebook.

Anti-Social citizen detected.

Detain for questioning, access to public security zones restricted.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII's Big Launch
10. Re: Refunded unfortunately... Nov 8, 2017, 14:04 DangerDog

Jagacademy wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 11:34:
I bought this, but ended up refunding it.

Was enjoying the single player, then ran into a quicktime event. Seriously?! (and then to add insult to injury, after asking me to mash "A" as rapidly as possible, then "B" as rapidly as possible, it then asked me to mash "Unbound" as rapidly as possible, so I died)

Multiplayer hit detection is awful as well, one game plays perfectly fine, the next game you can load entire clips into people's backs and they turn around and instagib you.

Now awaiting Battlefront 2, but my expectations are low. This past couple month's AAA releases have all been trash, thank god the indie development scene gives you options.

Battlefront 2 is out in EA "early" Access right now, aside from the really nice looking Star Wars visuals the game itself doesn't interest me.

Some new information, apparently no cheat protection on PC and of course no server browser. I don't think they did anything regarding "playing together with a friend in your squad". Everyone gets the same amount of battle points regardless of how well you played, bonus progression is tied to completing objectives.

As for CoD, looks like they can continue to recycle this engine for another 10 years.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Assaults U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Assaults U.K. Sales Charts Nov 6, 2017, 15:25 DangerDog

Everyone loves to bash Call of Duty but after watching Mack's review they deserve every bit of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsOxRSxC_RQ

Trying to do vehicles in CoD is just such a bad joke, will they ever invest in a new engine for these games? I think not, based on sales.

News Comments > Wild West Online Early Access This Month
2. Re: Wild West Online Early Access This Month Nov 4, 2017, 15:21 DangerDog

This isn't the Red Dead Redemption game you're looking for.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 15:30 DangerDog

meanwhile crooked Hillary is confirmed crooked.

thank you donna brazile for confirming what everyone with a brain already knew.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 3, 2017, 15:26 DangerDog

but but ... "It's just a game"

It's an odd coincidence that every AAA game released this fall has a lootbox system revolving around micro-transactions implemented in it.

I guess EA comes out ahead in the greed factor by not monetizing community dividing game content on top of their lootbox system.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
9. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 15:07 DangerDog

WWII was an inside job  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Operation Campaigns and Free Map Coming
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Operation Campaigns and Free Map Coming Nov 1, 2017, 14:19 DangerDog

Need to play at peak hours

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2017, 14:33.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Launch Trailer
18. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Launch Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 20:15 DangerDog

Galactic Assault won't have bot support in Battlefront II, not at release. I think I read something that it might show up in early 2018.

They added bot support to 2015 Battlefront but only for a few maps.

News Comments > EA Financials
3. Re: EA Financials Oct 31, 2017, 20:10 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 19:15:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 17:45:
Closing of Visceral Studios should have made the highlights, something like $15,000 a month per employee no longer being flushed down the toilet.
Visceral was not even a rounding error.

They were shuttered because making games elsewhere is cheaper, tax breaks in Montreal for example.

Sure not the only reason, but it's high on the list.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Oct 31, 2017, 20:01 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 19:26:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 18:02:
There still might be a problem, if they tie "in game achievements" to unlocking weapons/cards you might end up with a situation where you won't be able to complete the tasks once the player population drops off.

Yes, the magical balance between squeezing money out of players while not appearing to be greedy monsters.

If there's nobody playing the game, then I think we'd have bigger issues rather than worrying if my grenades have a 24 or 26-second cooldown with the exact same damage, radius etc.

And people hate EA all day everyday. But I don't think you can chalk this up to being "greedy monsters".

Sorry, but "Greedy Monsters" don't give away all DLC content for free to every player. Your calculations of what constitutes evil greed has to take that into account or else your accounting is shown to be severly biased.

I was thinking about Battlefield 1 and some of the achievements that are tied to playing game modes that are dead. There's still life in the base game though.

I'm not saying EA shouldn't make money for extended content but as it was originally planed it was definitely in the greedy monster category. I wouldn't have any problem paying a little extra for cosmetics, as long as it doesn't affect gameplay.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Oct 31, 2017, 18:02 DangerDog

There still might be a problem, if they tie "in game achievements" to unlocking weapons/cards you might end up with a situation where you won't be able to complete the tasks once the player population drops off.

Getting X number of kills in a game mode that doesn't have any players playing, that sort of thing.

We know that the magic is in the balance

Yes, the magical balance between squeezing money out of players while not appearing to be greedy monsters. I suppose the problem is Disney not allowing them to add character customization that breaks the visual Star Wars stamp of approval. I don't think they would have any trouble selling character customization for a modern Battlefield game - the sky would be the limit, aside from console memory and storage restraints.

News Comments > EA Financials
1. Re: EA Financials Oct 31, 2017, 17:45 DangerDog

Closing of Visceral Studios should have made the highlights, something like $15,000 a month per employee no longer being flushed down the toilet.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Launch Trailer
3. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Launch Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 14:56 DangerDog

The only thing I feel is the soul crushing frustration when you're endlessly outmatched by the onslaught of a select few being able to unleash god mode through lootbox purchases.

When one side dominates over the other people rage quit, which is only momentarily fun if you're on the winning side and not so much if you're on the losing side. So you too quit the match but wait there's no server browser so when you go to find a different game you'll be dumped right back into the same server you just left.

The game is inherently designed to be unbalanced, not only to lure you into thinking you need to buy lootboxes to gain the edge over another player but to also sell you on the dream of being able to dominate the field playing as a "hero". The old system of picking up the ability to turn into a hero wasn't the best but at least it was fair in that anyone had a chance at it. In the new one only the rich get richer and even then you'll probably get bumped from the hero slot by someone else.

We haven't even touched on the small maps and mind numbing repetition, there's nothing to give the battles flow to other parts of a map. In Battlefied games there's often variation in where the battle ends up concentrated and it can change just enough to break up the monotony.

None of this is any consequence though because it's Star Wars!

PRE-ORDERED!!!!!

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer
6. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 03:33 DangerDog

Buying this on PC? You better really like the single player and or have enough friends to do private matches, I think the only recent CoD that was active on PC was BlackOps II.

Maybe the next Battlefield game will go WWII, I doubt they'll do BF2143 now that they're saturated with Star Wars.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December
10. Re: Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 30, 2017, 22:07 DangerDog

In the beta I had randoms showing up in my game. I didn't even mess with the menu settings.

I guess you have to buy the super mega deluxe edition for $85 to get the complete game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2017, 13:27 DangerDog

We're heading toward a Terminator like future, AI will sort everything out.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II
8. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 13:19 DangerDog

It's not short, it's Cinematic!

Remember when single player Star Wars games were something amazing, I member.

This is just training wheels simulator for the multiplayer, MP maps stitched together with some cut scenes and on-rails shooting gallery sections.

One thing I always enjoyed about the "classic" Star Wars games was the extreme sensation of vertigo they had, even with the now primitive graphics they were able to convey dizzying height. I doubt they brought that forward, people would expect crazy parkour movement system like Mirror's Edge.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 03:45 DangerDog

Bumpy wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 19:10:
Ash wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 14:11:
Because Bill Gates donates insane amounts of money to charities, or invests them in technologies or foundations that can help people.

Pretty much this.

Waiting to hear the same from Mr. Bezos hopefully in the near future.

He gives away free bananas, so there's that.

6148 Comments. 308 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo