Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6039 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 14:09 DangerDog

Amazon isn't interested in selling food, they're in it for the data harvesting and potential to tap into new Amazon Prime customers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Aug 23, 2017, 21:35 DangerDog

The take away from this is Blizzard is extremely concerned about 'cultural insensitivity'.  

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
39. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 17:41 DangerDog

Don't fear the UWP, embrace it.

I believe they've made changes to MS store apps/programs and you can choose where you want to install them. That was probably the biggest issue with it that I had. They still need to work on that whole backup and restore UWP programs though, it can be done but is way too many steps.

Kind of hard to defend the whole lack of access to files for modding when many other forms of copy protection are tamper proof, like the ones used on the new DOOM for example.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Trailer Aug 14, 2017, 20:33 DangerDog

Oh look how they're marketing the game now, not a hint of female soldiers in multiplayer. Only gung-ho men yelling orders, you know like it would have been in WWII battles.

Now imagine it where everyone will pick female avatar just to troll the hell out of other players.

They could fix this with a simple toggle option to effectively turn off other players "avatar" selection from your view/sounds and make the game play like this video clip but they wont dare do that.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Released
2. Re: StarCraft Remastered Released Aug 14, 2017, 20:21 DangerDog

StarCraft SD is free, this just updates the graphics and cinematic cut scenes for $15  

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
30. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 14:06 DangerDog

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 11:28:
RIP. Transition to F2P incoming...

won't move the needle much, too many people already own this game in another form it seems with Overwatch. I've never played either game but just from observations Overwatch looks a lot less twitch orientated.

Maybe twitch shooters are a dead end, that Quake game they made didn't set the world on fire and it's free to play.

anyways looks like Cliffy cracked the anti-piracy code on PC, make a game nobody wants to play.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed
20. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed Jul 28, 2017, 19:44 DangerDog

30fps locked on consoles, so probably PC too

edit or maybe not

Speaking to PC Gamer, PC lead at Bungie David Shaw confirmed that Destiny 2ís frame-rate will be uncapped, meaning it can go well beyond 60 fps, if your PC can do it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Nazis Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Nazis Trailer Jul 20, 2017, 20:26 DangerDog

This whole game is fakehistory

female, black Nazi's in multiplayer

so diverse

so inclusive

I say bring back the swastika, for good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dbfXp8_qjo

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 17, 2017, 18:35 DangerDog

Everyone in the future talks slow and monotone because they pump xanax right into the water supply.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 11, 2017, 03:28 DangerDog

Community edition of Visual Studio is free, you still need to pony up $1000+ for the Enterprise edition.

Don't know why that's new news though.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta in October
3. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta in October Jul 11, 2017, 03:25 DangerDog

Marketing fail, they should have tricked people with the updated version of Hoth.

The whole star card perk system is a joke, I'm sure lots of people will max out their parents credit cards buying them though.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 1, 2017, 23:01 DangerDog

Sounds like the new attack vector will be the "white listed" programs, just attack ones that are common for most people to have installed like Adobe Reader.

We are heading into the eventual day when it won't be optional to install programs unless they're from the MS Store.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 1, 2017, 19:00 DangerDog

Multiplayer in BF2 will be full of cheaters anyway, the single player campaign can wait till it's on sale for $20.  

News Comments > Lode Runner Legacy Next Month
10. Re: Lode Runner Legacy Next Month Jun 29, 2017, 18:32 DangerDog

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 11:54:
The ZX Games version linked by wtf_man looks better. "Improved" graphics doesn't mean much for this game, it isn't about the graphics.

True, but I'd rather be chased down by characters that look like people than robots. The only part of that video that actually looks good is the "classic" load runner section.

News Comments > Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today?
6. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 18:22 DangerDog

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 16:15:
Dunno, was watching some drunk Russian guy stream it (illegally) for a while, guess I'll check it out but meh.

some people are cheering on the inclusion of the clone war setting but I still feel that whole chunk should be redacted and rebooted. my expectations of movies set pre Star Wars was something akin to king arthur and the knights of the round table set in space, instead we got CSPAN in space with a bunch of dull, lifeless characters an out of place cgi cartoon "jar jar" and a whiny brat.

this looks like more of the same with characters and background that just reminds me how much I hated the prequels.

I have even less love of the newquels. Disney doesn't know what the hell they're doing with Star Wars, everything has to be filtered to maximum family friendliness because of their massive investment in their amusement parks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2017, 19:54 DangerDog

Blade Runner, theatrical release version or directors cut?

I believe the directors cut removes the voice over narration, although Ford apparently hated doing it I think it adds to the whole detective theme, plus I think it would have been pretty confusing for original theater goers to really get what was going on.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 23, 2017, 22:11 DangerDog

And now MS can push their agenda of locking down the installable software only from a reliable source, the MS Store.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 23, 2017, 22:07 DangerDog

when people use ad-block what's the point of custom ads?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming
4. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming Jun 23, 2017, 22:03 DangerDog

they should just release it for free with a mandatory ad playing for their next COD game every time you start it up.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up
3. Re: Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up Jun 23, 2017, 22:00 DangerDog

they call it recoil but you might know it as random bullet deviation.

no matter how hard you aim you'll never hit the target.

6039 Comments. 302 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo