Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5794 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 10, 2015, 16:37 DangerDog

From day one I never understood youtube and the fact that they hosted the videos for free let alone allowed everyone to watch them for free. I know there's ads on there (if you don't use an adblock program) but still.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers
19. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers Oct 10, 2015, 03:28 DangerDog

Sure does give your video card a workout.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
31. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 9, 2015, 04:08 DangerDog

I wouldn't want to be in the hot seat for overseeing the design of the game.

I don't know if the blame falls squarely on the "senior producer" but if the shoe fits

http://fortune.com/2015/09/22/sigurlina-ingvarsdottir-star-wars-battlefront/

From reading that article it sounds as if she doesn't have the qualifications to be put in the position of senior producer, you would think they would have someone with more experience in the Battlefield franchise take the helm.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 21:40 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 19:50:
Retired wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 19:13:
I understand it is Beta - but is plays like utter pew pew console trash.

Pretty much this. It's very basic and the only thing holding it together is that it's Star Wars and looks nice.

I'd pick it up for $20 to play through it all, but no way am I paying the $70 CDN pricetag.

The price seems too high for what's on offer, lots of game modes never bodes well for multiplayer games as people will gravitate towards things like team deathmatch and ignore the rest.

Maybe around $40 it would be something to play for awhile, I don't see this as the usual 200 hour plus time sink that Battlefield games are.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Specs
3. Re: Fallout 4 Specs Oct 8, 2015, 19:27 DangerDog

What about FOV options?  

News Comments > Transformers: Devastation Released
2. Re: Transformers: Devastation Released Oct 6, 2015, 18:14 DangerDog

At least they used the cartoon Transformers and not the abortion of design from the movies.

nostalgia ++

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans
23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 6, 2015, 15:10 DangerDog

Keith wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 11:09:
The game looks good. Odd that previous posters would bitch about EA releasing req system specs. I've been following Battlefront and seems to me EA has released quite a bit of into, including gameplay videos, trailers, classes, NPCs, single & multiplayer info, vehicles, locations, what have you. All this whining despite being able to drive AT-ATs and fly X-Wings. Your EA hate runs strong.

Don't know what game you've been following but there is no single player and the videos released make it look like a boring generic shooter, it's extremely casual right down to having mini-games to doing a tow cable take down of an AT-AT, (the flight of the snow speeder is automatic while you try to keep a ship icon between two points on the screen).

When two "heroes" meet on the battlefield (luke and vader) both players have to hit their special power up at the same time to instigate a duel with lightsabers that you guessed it is just another mini-game of pumping your fire button.

All of the maps seem to be just dirt and rock or some other facsimile of a completely baron map, Endor is probably the only exception. It seems that because it's a 3rd person 1st person hybrid they avoid having any structures you can enter because it causes the 3rd person camera view to be disorientating - it has to fit the space the player is in.

It's been shown that if you play in 1st person you are at a huge disadvantage because the 1st person view weapons have camera shake that's not present when you're in 3rd person view, not to mention the lack of situational awareness.

The game does a disservice to Battlefront fans by not following in the lineage of past games which were sandbox "open battlefield" play and is lacking the depth of teamplay and strategy of a Battlefield game.

DICE really should have just made a Star Wars reskinned version of Battlefield (right down to the class kits and customization of weapons) and called it a day, at least the gameplay would have been salvageable if nothing else.

It boggles the mind how they could fuck this up so badly, someone should rip all the assets from the game and import them into Unreal Engine and make a single player / co-op game with them.

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal?
3. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal? Oct 5, 2015, 20:40 DangerDog

You get to bring your rusty AK-47 with you but it only has one bullet.

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
44. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 5, 2015, 06:03 DangerDog

Yeah, they haven't shown any space combat but I expect it to be extremely casual, doubt you have to manage ship shield power vs weapons and engine power for example.  

36. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 22:29 DangerDog

They're a small dev team so we have to cut them some slack, right?

It's amazing what they've created on a technical level but if the experience is just wrapped up in seamlessly going from planet surface to space once you do that a couple of times it's going to seem a little less... amazing.

We would need some pretty advanced AI to come up with unique interactions with intelligent "aliens" procedurally.

27. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 19:21 DangerDog

Talisorn wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 17:12:
PHJF wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 15:13:
And No Man's Sky will have to try pretty hard to have less depth to it than Elite.

To be fair, Elite is a sandbox. Sandbox games generally provide the framework for players to drive the narrative.

Add to that the scope is constantly being added to. Unlike Star Citizen, they released the base game and add to it as they go.

But yeah... No Man Sky needs something to make it interesting. It looks like minecraft without the building component.

A sense of purpose maybe? The only thing they've mentioned is you win the game if you make it to the center of the universe. Sounds vaguely like a peter molyneux "curiosity" scam. It'll probably be fun for a couple of hours and then once the new game smell quickly wears off it'll be dropped. Going around naming spore creatures doesn't sound very interesting.

Hopefully they're holding back on revealing things to not spoil the surprise, if not then cool tech demo dude.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 4, 2015, 15:09 DangerDog

Wow, I had read that NASA had "lost" all the video footage of the moon missions. I don't know how you lose track of video archive footage from one of mans greatest achievements but allegedly they did.  

News Comments > Titanfall Passes 10M [Updated]
19. Re: Titanfall Passes 10M [Updated] Oct 3, 2015, 21:00 DangerDog

I blame the install footprint size. I mean their bullshit excuse for not having compressed audio was for performance reasons, at the very least you should have been able to cut it free from your hard drive once you completed the audio log campaign they put in.  

16. Re: Titanfall Passes 10M [Updated] Oct 3, 2015, 19:00 DangerDog

MysterD wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 17:42:
nin wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 16:42:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 15:34:
Does this have single player yet? No? Let me know when it does.

Seconded!

I could go for an offline single-player campaign w/ this game, for sure.

When EA eventually decides to pull the servers, I'd be fine w/ an offline skirmish mode just to play against bots - a la Quake 3 and BF1942.

They're making Titanfall 2

pretty sure they're done working on Titanfall

13. Re: Titanfall Passes 10M [Updated] Oct 3, 2015, 16:00 DangerDog

They'll do the same thing with Star Wars Battelfront, millions of people played the game just nobody stuck around after a couple of weeks.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 18:21 DangerDog

Rossini wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 11:33:
Imagine if Star Wars had started with Episode 1.

What if Episode 1 is better than 7?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 18:19 DangerDog

They'll make another shitty Terminator movie, if they don't by 2019 the rights revert back to Jim Cameron.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 18:05 DangerDog

At that price they're going to need some very compelling content for it, Minecraft most definitely isn't it.

I've also read that the plans are in the works to fill the Rift with ads, then there's the whole Facebook trojan horse aspect.

Not looking too good for Rift.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Extended
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Extended Sep 30, 2015, 20:42 DangerDog

So it's not full of rainbows?  

News Comments > Need for Speed Trailer; Preorder Bonus
7. Re: Need for Speed Trailer; Preorder Bonus Sep 30, 2015, 02:04 DangerDog

Porsche unleashed gets my vote too, something frustrating but rewarding about that game that sticks with me. I remember one time trial where you had to climb a mountain with twisting turns, just when I thought it was impossible something clicked and I was able to make it to the top in time.  

5794 Comments. 290 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo