Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5709 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Needs More Time
10. Re: Need for Speed PC Needs More Time Sep 14, 2015, 16:32 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 15:26:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 15:21:
Never in the history of gaming has mixing live action footage with a game been a worth while experience.

I disagree, C&C and Wing Commander games were awesome with the live action footage.

Okay, I'll concede to those games. Their mystery science theater 3000 quality at least matches up to the genre. The acting is always so awkward and cringe inducing, but you know it's going to be a horrific train wreck with this game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 15:30 DangerDog

Sepharo wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 14:38:
The future of food is actually insects.

and getting by without electricity.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Needs More Time
4. Re: Need for Speed PC Needs More Time Sep 14, 2015, 15:21 DangerDog

I'm not a fan of online racing and I think this one is online only, I prefer to have the ability to reset the race when you screw up.

Never in the history of gaming has mixing live action footage with a game been a worth while experience.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Footage
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 14, 2015, 03:02 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 00:28:

link? also, give me a time in the video.

uh how about throughout the entire video, he's moving back and forth and just facing the general direction of the enemy while scoring hits. The gun is visually pointing in different directions but it doesn't seem to matter.

It may not be auto targeting but obviously there isn't any penalty from moving and shooting, if you tried to do that in Battlefield with an LMG you would just be chewing through ammo without hitting anything.

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 14, 2015, 00:00 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 23:03:
lol anyone who thinks that was autoaim shouldn't be allowed to use m&kb.

you should be forced to use a controller. you are not worthy.

couple of sections it looks like the aim point "jumped" to the target, I know I've seen this behavior with the space ship combat.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 13, 2015, 16:51 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 15:02:
Muni broadband is the way forward.

Only if it's done right and in so many places they gone fucked it up, like in Utah where Google ended up bailing the whole mess out.

Even in places where they've seemingly properly implemented it you have political shills conspiring with the corporations to have the whole system unplugged, like in Tennessee.

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 13, 2015, 16:43 DangerDog

Task wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 13:51:
beaves wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 11:59:
It looks good, but he seems to be shooting people 500 yards away. He must have heat seeking bullets.

Probably on console? Looked like auto-aim.

And LOL those AT-ST's die from one full blast of whatever those machine gun lasers every player was using. Even turrets! I'm going to assume they don't have server options to turn off things like third person view (easier to see over ridges) or limit how many of a certain kit/class is available. Would have been nicer to see a new Battlefront to be at least semi-gritty/realistic than what I just saw in that video; everyone just running around like headless chickens holding down their machine gun laser. Here's the "First Strike" mod for instance, movement is slower, guns don't fire crazy fast, looks better in full FPS, AT-ST's don't die stupidly fast, etc.

Server options?

* There's no server browser
* Matchmaking only
* Instanced servers
* They even obscure player ping on the scoreboard

So if DICE decides Team Deathmatch rounds should last 10 minutes that's the way it goes, you can't have custom anything with regards to how the game plays.

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 13, 2015, 16:25 DangerDog

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 12:04:
Ahh crap, do I have to play this game in 3rd person in order not to be at a disadvantage?

My desire to play this just plummetted.

Probably with a console controller as well, it looked like aim assist was engaged and if not then this is even more casual than I thought.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week
10. Re: Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week Sep 12, 2015, 18:18 DangerDog

They seem to have high hopes for Star Wars, EA wants to sell 10 million copies lol

[url=http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/05/ea-targeting-10-million-copies-of-battlefront-sold]

If I buy it it'll be on extreme discount.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 12, 2015, 17:15 DangerDog

Too bad DICE won't do the same thing with BF4 (although they have to a certain degree by not releasing night maps for last gen). EA already committed themselves with Hardline by selling "premium" on last gen.  

8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week Sep 12, 2015, 17:09 DangerDog

I think the goal with Star Wars is to obscure the data (unless there's a player count on the menu screen somewhere, I think Titanfall had one). The other aspect is you have to play the game the way they want it played, no tweaking kill count numbers for Team Deathmatch or Conquest so the matches last longer. They're even filling in the multiplayer with bots to give you a sense of a full server even when it could only have a few human players playing.

Just like Hardline it'll have a strong start but will die off quickly once people play through the content and grow tired of the maps. The lack of control over servers in Star Wars might actually speed the process up, just look at how fast Titanfall died as well.

6. Re: Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week Sep 12, 2015, 16:39 DangerDog

http://bfhstats.com/

It peaks at around 2000 players a day on PC, even the xbone and ps4 numbers have dropped off.

I would say the biggest mistake was making this a last gen game if they would have dropped the xbox360 and ps3 potentially it wouldn't be as hamstrung as it ended up being (limited amount of destruction, inability to get features they want to fit into the remaining memory of last gen consoles - gun bench for example.)

It could have been an expansion for BF4 to test the potential for a stand alone game but instead they decided not to. The single player is a joke and on PC it's just a lazy port of the console - no FOV adjustment so it's locked down at something low like 65 degrees.

They keep putting it on sale, I think it's $25 right now but the numbers don't seem to go up.

The multiplayer modes aren't that bad gameplay wise, heist and bloodmoney are solid. The problem is the maps are rather weak and so you have a bunch of 24/7 servers that run only one map like 24/7 Bankjob for heist.

I think Hardline is a perfect example of why DICE is wanting to obscure multiplayer details with the Star Wars game - unless there's some way of tapping into how many instanced matches are being played you won't have a clear indication if the game is dead or not.

harlock wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 16:38:
id buy a premium ed for 10

I bought it for around $30 and I think it should be free if you own the game, no big surprise that it's not even a penny off during the current sale on Origin.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2015, 16:45.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Sep 11, 2015, 21:01 DangerDog

If you're willing to jump through some hoops you can pick up Bioshock Infinite for $1

http://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/vote/

News Comments > DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases
2. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 11, 2015, 13:50 DangerDog

$50 for a map, flight sims are niche markets but that's too rich for my blood.

Now if it had destruction modeling and you could drop bombs on Las Vegas that would be fun.

News Comments > New GTA Online Mode Next Week
4. Re: New GTA Online Mode Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 18:39 DangerDog

They need to open up more of the buildings, everything is closed off.  

News Comments > FIFA 16 Demo
6. Re: FIFA 16 Demo Sep 9, 2015, 18:55 DangerDog

pretty sure FIFA has always been huge on the PC in Europe anyway.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
1. Re: Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans Sep 9, 2015, 16:43 DangerDog

By the time I get around to playing/finishing Skyrim and Fallout 3 this will be released as a bundle with all the DLC for $20  

News Comments > FIFA 16 Demo
3. Re: FIFA 16 Demo Sep 9, 2015, 16:27 DangerDog

I can't think of any sports games I'd want to play on PC, not even golf.

maybe hockey but that's about it.

News Comments > Win10 Minecraft Adding Cross-Platform Co-op
7. Re: Win10 Minecraft Adding Cross-Platform Co-op Sep 9, 2015, 16:27 DangerDog

What? It is on xbox one already.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 9, 2015, 04:18 DangerDog

Lame, no media room for the big screen TV  

5709 Comments. 286 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo