Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5794 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 21, 2015, 20:07 DangerDog

Julio wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 19:38:
I just don't see the value in it. Adblocking is free already, and $10-13/month is hugely overpriced.

they'll probably flip a switch that makes it impossible to use adblock on youtube?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Footage?
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Footage? Oct 21, 2015, 17:29 DangerDog

Razumen wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 17:03:
TangledThorns wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 16:57:
The problem with Battlefront is that its Battlefront. Needs to be more tactical like Battlefield. How could DICE screw something like that up? Oh wait, EA Furious2

So the problem with the game is that it's just like the game it's based off of? Oh wow...

Other than being 3rd person / 1st person shooter set in the Star Wars universe it doesn't have much more in common with the original Battlefront games - which were more or less Battlefield games with Star Wars skins.

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Footage? Oct 21, 2015, 16:10 DangerDog

Task wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 15:53:
What people are referring to, regarding Battlefront III, I think are some of its ideas/mechanics/features - not its graphics. I think that part is pretty clear. Where-as the new Battlefront has pretty graphics with a totally gutted feature set in comparison, which to me seems more like a cash-in for the new movie hype until DICE moves on to something else.

I think it plays more to the idyllic dream or fantasy of a Star Wars game, the ability to transition from planet into space for example while really cool sounding might not play as well as one would imagine, at least not for a round based multiplayer game where matches are expected to last around thirty minutes to an hour. You could break it down in stages where you either start on the planet and transition up to a ship or vice versa, that might work.

From what I've read it sounded like Battlefront III was crippled from management continually changing the game under the developers feet. There might have even been in fighting politics between Lucasarts and Free Radical over which Star Wars game received the most attention, Force Unleashed won apparently.

Anyways, I find the tug of war between people arguing for a Battlefield clone and what DICE ultimately came up with amusing but completely irrelevant. Keep sharpening your pitchforks, maybe eventually your grassroots campaign to topple the corporate overlords of AAA gaming will succeed.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details
37. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 15:53 DangerDog

Gib007 wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 13:25:
Played the Beta a while. When I realised it was nothing like Battlefield 4 with a Star Wars skin, as I originally wanted, I uninstalled it and cancelled my pre-order. Absolutely terrible piece of crap. There's so much stuff it needs to make it fun, it's not even worth paying for the electricity that runs your computer and your router to download this game.

Blame all the people who hated on Battlefield Hardline for that one, if they had made a Star Wars version of Battlefield people would be flipping over tables left and right. They just can't win.

36. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 15:50 DangerDog

Tumbler wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 13:44:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 23:02:

Get the game from green man gaming for $45, don't invest in the DLC unless oh hey space battles or something.

GMGMID-SEASON-25PERC

Deal expires 27th of this month

....phhhhuuuuukkkk. That's an acceptable price considering it will come with that stupid DLC pack. $40 for the game, I'll pay $5 for that DLC.

...checking out....wait why doesn't it say anything about that DLC? Seems it's unclear if you get it or not but seems like no. So it's $45 and I'm likely not getting the code until release day so no preloading...

Maybe I'll just buy it at best buy for $48, I mean $3 dollars more...but again no preloading, then sales tax and now it's $52!?

Fuck it. I'm out. I wanna pay $40 for the base game or $45 for a pre-order that I can preload.

everyone buys the game gets that extra map, pre-order people get to play it early. and yes once you buy it from gmg you get a key to put into origin so you'll be considered per-ordered.

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Footage? Oct 21, 2015, 15:47 DangerDog

People keep fawning over this alpha version of Battlefront III, it looks like a game from 2004. Yes graphics don't make a game but seriously this would have been panned by reviewers for how dated it looks.

This is more of a copy of Battlefield than what the current iteration of Battlefront from EA looks like, I thought people were unanimously hating on DICE for expecting a version of Battlefield with Star Wars skins, make up your mind! Personally I would have been content with a Battlefield : Star Wars edition game ... but oh people cried bloody murder over Hardline, an obvious reskinned version of Battlefield. Goofy derp

I do find if funny how some ex Free Radical employee is fanning the flames of the fire.

Game was canceled, Lucasarts is dead, Let it go

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 01:12 DangerDog

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 23:05:
Okay, so whenever a PC gamer says "dedicated servers" you know what we mean, right? We mean servers we can rent or own and admin ourselves. How do you suppose to build a good community whenever it's random server time for all?
BF4 has adminned servers, why can't Battlefront? A later iteration of the same sort of game and we're looking at less features. I have favorited servers in BF4 because they had great maps, game types, and good people with active admins making sure we're all playing a fun game.. Battlefront will not have that.

You mention the sniper, well aside from a sniper, what about a heavy weapons guy? An engineer? Some sort of medic or defensive player? it all fits within the canon, but they went with a card system and limited possibilities which are stuck with you in game (for now) and possibly you unlock one other build later. That's weak.

The powerup system is awful. For one, with classes and actual vehicle spawns, we don't need it. Maybe instead of a powerup, it's something accrued over time over the battle? The current system stinks and this game has zero PC longevity.

Yes, for some reason DICE decided to keep the game servers under their direct control for this game. My assumption is that they've taken the argument of administrator abuse to heart. We've all seen the messages decrying of people abusing their power by kicking or banning people because they're too good at the game. Some of the scripts running for Battlefield do take it a bit too far by altering the gameplay with things like limiting the number of snipers or no explosive weapons rules. They may even have objections to the 24/7 servers running only one map from the game. I agree the result is a game that's not very "clan" friendly. You can't even change teams mid round from in game (unless this feature was just missing from the beta).

I haven't looked at all the cards that are going to be in the game, the beta had the rifle that was effectively a sniper rifle with a cool down timer. You're suppose to have multiple hands and multiple card "load outs" ready to pick from the spawn menu. The lack of dedicated rolls or classes is in effect to try to keep people from labeling it a reskinned version of Battlefield (good luck with that).

I can see they're attempting to make the game more like older FPS games when you had to roam around a map to find weapons (quake, unreal tournament), that is off putting when you want to use a specific vehicle or weapon without the random chance that you'll get what you want from the power up pickup system. It resulted in power up dumping because you couldn't even drop something from inventory without using it.

Other than the core shooting and player movement system I expect the final game will play differently from the beta, nothing drastic - they're not going to add classes to the game but they'll tweak the spawn system and the additional weapons and cards should change things up.

The commercial they made for the game speaks volumes, it's all about being too old to play with action figures but still feeling nostalgic about the classic Star Wars that many grew up with. It focuses entirely on the original trilogy content, while it doesn't let everyone run around with a light saber using force powers there are game modes that will allow you to fulfill that fantasy of being Darth Vader, flying the Millennium Falcon and zooming around on a Speeder bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67re9PKpN_

I agree with most of what he says in this video

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2015, 01:20.

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 20, 2015, 23:02 DangerDog

Hark659 wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 21:42:
I really like to have the game but the price tag $149.99 is a big NOPE! I find the game somewhat lacking features. It's just a same feeling as other typical Battlefields game and $10 extra for 2 emotes which made me think that EA probably cut off many things and turn the game into micro-transaction and many more DLC (like Sims). Fuck you EA big time for ruining a good gaming experience by eliminating lots of shit. I miss the old time

Get the game from green man gaming for $45, don't invest in the DLC unless oh hey space battles or something.

GMGMID-SEASON-25PERC

Deal expires 27th of this month

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 20, 2015, 22:57 DangerDog

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 21:20:
I have been very vocal on reddit as a staunch opponent to the current state of this game.. in terms of features.

1. 20 vs 20 is not a battle, the damn PS4 ad even makes it look like there's a huge battle on Hoth, there isn't. The Battlefront2 game had 32 vs 32 and NPCs playing as well. That was a battle.

2. No dedicated servers. How the hell did we have dedicated servers 10 year ago for the previous title, but not this one now? I suppose griefers and jerks will ruin peoples fun in this game. I have played enough Battlefield 4 to know griefers exist, and on non-adminned servers, this is going to be a pain in the ass. There are still people playing on modded BF2 servers to this day. Modding and dedicated servers arent here though.

3. No classes. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Let's remove the classes in favor of throwaway 1-time use powerups we have to pick up. Better hope people aren't camping those power up spawns. Repair items, nope. Be a heavy weps guy for anti vehicles..not a chance. It's very watered down in terms of loadouts.

4. Here's a huge AT AT.. one guy pilots it though, no room for others at all.. not in transport, not nothing. Oh, and he raced to the beginning to get the power up so he could pilot it.

5. Wanna fly? better hope you get a power up! Can't just have the regulars running to the hangers to get an X Wing and take to the air.. because nobody who is a SW fan likes flying space ships. I put a lot of time in the small window of the beta, and got 3 ships total. I also only got 1 hero (Vader) but it bugged out on me.

6. Space battles? Nope, can't have those either!

7. There is absolutely zero teamwork options built into the game. No commander type person, no telling your team to attack an objective or defend something.. nothing.

8. The spawning system sucks. It spawned me away from anywhere useful more often than not, and generally in the worst places possible.. and no, you cant choose where to spawn, because you're not an adult gamer.

I swear to GabeN, that aside from sound and visuals, this game has gone backwards in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!! It's very pretty and sounds amazing..aside from that, it's embarrassing how backwards this game went with regards to features and mechanics.

This is is 100% catered to casuals who will play the game for 2 months, then opt out for whatever shiny new BS comes out next. This game has no long term shelf life imho.

You must get a lot of downvotes or whatever.

I didn't feel the battles were too small in the beta, sure it's fun to have 64 player insanity sometimes but they did a good job keeping the action focused without having to do boring long distance walks to the action.

It has dedicated servers, they're probably instanced from a swarm of servers but it's not peer to peer. It does have matchmaking but it was extremely fast.

It has a build a class type system with the cards, no you can't be a dedicated sniper sitting back on some hill being worthless - well you can I guess but yeah this isn't the way traditional Battlefront worked.

The spawn system did suck, hopefully they come up with a better system they also needed to allow you to change / pick your teammate in game the auto system didn't seem to work all that well.

The main thing about the power up pickup system was not knowing in advance what you were picking up, I didn't mind the ships being pickups nor the ability to be a "hero". I'd much rather have it the way it is than have it based on a kill streak or something.

It's casual, it's cinematic, it's star wars, it's fun. Is it going to be another flavor of the month mulitplayer game that's dead in three or four months, probably.

don't spend full retail on it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 16:35 DangerDog

I could only see pre-ordering tickets to a movie if I also get to pick my seat, I did the first day thing for movies before and ended up in the sore neck section in the front row. Never again.  

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2015, 17:39 DangerDog

Tumbler wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 17:01:
I assume the best time to buy the game will be around black friday. In past years whenever I buy battlefield on release they end up having a good sale on or around black friday where you can get the game on pc or significantly less. Maybe this year they won't bother because it's star wars but I'd like to see how much people enjoy the game after it's released.

It's fun when it's free, but at $60 it doesn't feel like enough. I'm tempted to buy it at best buy using their club for approx $48. I just don't feel like that is a good enough price, $40 seems acceptable. If I can find a sale on the pc version I'll bite on that price.

As far as the season pass, no way I'd buy that right now. I have no doubt they'll offer stuff that feels like it was ripped out of the core game and I'll wait and see if I still feel like playing.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/star-wars-battlefront/

Code: GMGMID-SEASON-25PERC

$45

or you can be extra sneaky and use a mexican proxy and get it for $40 plus tax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIQ5BDwpxjk

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 05:36 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 03:07:
InBlack wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 02:49:
No. 1 bestselling game all week hasn't even been released yet. I wonder how many of those who bought in on the hype will be completely underwhelmed and disappointed once the game ships?

Hmm, I preordered 10 copies and plan on selling them on ebay at 100% markup. Will I get burned?

Did you buy them for $10? I'll take a copy if so

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2015, 01:05 DangerDog

I'll watch a clip of Conan doing something stupid every once an awhile but that's about it.  

News Comments > EA Account Details Leaked
23. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 17, 2015, 05:56 DangerDog

TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 01:04:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 00:31:

TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 00:30:

Please, tell me again how awesome your digital handcuffs are.

Please tell us again when you last played a game that wasn't made in 1994.

Erm, plenty of games made after 1994 that don't come bundled with malware dude. But yeah it's terrible I can't play all the COOL games because I have enough self respect not to install software that abuses me - I cry myself to sleep every night because of it*.

* no, not really.

You have a most appropriate username, I must say.

9. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 16, 2015, 22:54 DangerDog

My interactions with EA customer support has been a 5 star experience, they've even given me free games before. Like, here's a free game for your trouble.  

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 22:50 DangerDog

I saw a tweet by him telling someone else to "get cancer and die"

oops

[url=https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/thumb/5/53/TotalBiscuit_Tells_Seanza_To_Get_Cancer_And_Die.jpg/500px-TotalBiscuit_Tells_Seanza_To_Get_Cancer_And_Die.jpg[/url]

damn, the internet never forgets or forgives (usually)

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailers; New Mode Revealed
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailers; New Mode Revealed Oct 16, 2015, 21:43 DangerDog

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 20:42:
I've never bought a Cod game before, but this might be my first. Mainly for the co-op campaign and co-op zombies mode. I usually played Planetside or BF for my mp shooter fix.

You can get BOPs 3 pretty cheap from a key site, but with Battlefront and Overwatch beta releasing around the same time I'm not 100% sure on getting it now.

I keep reading anecdotal stories about how grey market key sites are a no go zone, if the game is region locked I don't see how they could be selling keys so cheap for other markets like the US and UK.

1. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 16, 2015, 20:20 DangerDog

Be sure to enable two step authentication, you have to enter a security code sent to your email address when you login or make any changes to your account. A minor inconvenience.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video
22. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video Oct 16, 2015, 16:42 DangerDog

I thought I read it showing in their financial statement where they were making more money on mobile games than anything Elite Dangerous was pulling in.

The amount of science they're using to make these planetoids is impressive but even more impressive is the way they've implemented the physics of the buggy from that video. If all they manage to release before the end of the year is the ability to land and drive around on these rocks with your buggy I'll be happy.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
33. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 16:18 DangerDog

ASeven wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 14:23:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QG7gHoSk0

This guy hits it on the spot. Pretty but without any depth whatsoever.

Again another youtuber who wanted Battlefield Star Wars edition and not Super Casual Star Wars shooter game.

I'm not that convinced the Battlefield game structure would work that well for Star Wars, trying to recreate scenes from the movie while attempting to have "balance" doesn't really work unless you either add a ton of stuff that would throw off the vibe of what was in the movies or you do some really far out things like give the rebel side AT-AT's as well. I mean they've obviously have made creative adjustments to the battle of Hoth by adding in the extra space ships but it's not to the point of ruining the "movie" theme completely.

It's definitely a flash in the pan type of game, couple months of intense interest and then it'll fall off the radar almost completely. As for not preordering, well it's on sale right now at GMG for $45 and I doubt you'll see it less than that for a good four or five months after release, do they even have boxed copies of PC games anymore? (no black friday sale for PC gamers I'm guessing) The console gamers are screwed for sure and in no way is it worth $60 plus tax but for $45 I intend to get enough entertainment value out of it.

I'm actually more interested in the game than I am in the new movie, I think the new movie isn't going to live up to the insane amount of hype around it.

I like the fact that the game is 100% original trilogy content, you don't have everyone running around using force powers and light sabers like it's a rave party, it's not a game that will feel like a second job where you need to churn through massive hours of game time to unlock stuff. Sure it's casual as hell but the flip side of it is that when you have things like massive weapon recoil or breathing mechanics you just encourage cheaters to bypass that stuff anyway.

This is probably the last what I would call "classic" Star Wars game (depressing isn't it), from here on out it'll undoubtedly focus on the new movies with the god awful Stormtrooper redesigns and weak characters, nothing is going to compare to good old Darth Vader, Luke, Han, Boba Fett etc.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2015, 16:43.

5794 Comments. 290 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo