Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5797 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Updated
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Updated Oct 28, 2015, 17:02 DangerDog

That change log, it's like they just release a new Battlefield game altogether.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released
19. Re: Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released Oct 28, 2015, 06:19 DangerDog

I enjoyed the retro 1979 sci-fi setting and the Alien was serviceable but could have benefited from more animations like crawling on the ceiling, the androids were more memorable and creepy in a good way.  

14. Re: Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released Oct 28, 2015, 01:05 DangerDog

loomy wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 21:41:
if you're interesting in this game, take my advice and save yourself some time and frustration. only play the DLC. this game has an hour of gameplay in it and one or two of the DLC is the best of it. I'd say it's worth $30 if you're a big fan, but no more

the game has about twenty hours of gameplay in it, even the crazy stupid youtube speed runs are around three hours.

the DLC on the other hand is extremely short with no replay value.

12. Re: Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released Oct 27, 2015, 21:44 DangerDog

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 20:44:
In my opinion as an expert on air ducts and the inside of lockers, the DLC featured in the season pass was such an incredibly missed opportunity that not having it in no way takes away from the base game and the same can be said even if you do have it.

I would have been much happier if it were story driven, even short stints playing as other people on the station from their perspective, they lead you to thinking that's what it is but it's just timed events to get from point a to point b. The recreation of the nostromo level was a poor showing compared to the detail in the main game.

as usual, Steam isn't the lowest price even on sale.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ALIENI/alien-isolation

dlc is on there too

http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-AISP/alien-isolation-season-pass

$20 if you want to waste $7.50 on the dlc

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2015, 23:09.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 26, 2015, 23:19 DangerDog

The movie that really panned was pan, budget of $150 million weekend take $2.6 million to a total of $29 million.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow Oct 26, 2015, 20:01 DangerDog

They have one more new map coming out, Dragon Valley remake which of course is from Battlefield 2.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
4. Re: Fallout 4 Preload Plans Oct 26, 2015, 19:59 DangerDog

A console port of epic proportions?  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow
3. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow Oct 26, 2015, 19:54 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 19:33:
where are the patch notes? i can't find em anywhere online...

I heard that IRNV won't be able to see through smoke anymore... is that true!?

Not sure if that's in this patch or not, they were also going to slow down the re-arm rate of C4.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up
13. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up Oct 26, 2015, 16:23 DangerDog

Maybe their next venture could be selling space ship renderings with the extremely vague promise of eventually letting you use them in a game setting.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2015, 15:28 DangerDog

The prequel "clone war" era (error) seems to be completely off the list when it comes to Disney Star Wars ventures, I would be surprised if anything besides pod racing makes an appearance at their new Disneyland Star Wars pavilion at the park.

Every time I see a post about someone being upset about there being no prequel content in the new Battlefront game it almost feels like they're trolling.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2015, 20:03 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 16:39:
What's the early thoughts on Infinity Battlescape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglhi_PIEX4

they've been showing a prototype for their tech that goes back to 2006 I believe.

really cool tech demo, don't have enough confidence to back their kickstarter.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
26. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 00:27 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 22:46:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 20:02:
Nucas wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 19:06:
Lorcin wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 18:52:
loomy wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 18:35:
both games are utterly incomplete

Nah elite delivered what it promised - an updated version of the classic. It even tacked on some multiplayer.

In terms of Elite vs Elite Dangerous it's a huge leap forward and a complete update of the original game.

Unfortunately gamers expect way more these days - but ED did deliver what was promised for me.

all i expected was what they said they would deliver during the kickstarter: a campaign. that was all i wanted. then they announced ONE MONTH before shipping that the plans were scrapped. i then collected my refund and moved on.

I don't remember that, wast it some sort of stretch goal? I must have backed it before that came up.

Offline single player was in the pitch or added as a stretch goal. It was scrapped last year and they offered refunds I think.

oh yes, offline mode. well we all know the real reason they did that was because everyone would have pirated it lickity split.

20. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 24, 2015, 20:02 DangerDog

Nucas wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 19:06:
Lorcin wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 18:52:
loomy wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 18:35:
both games are utterly incomplete

Nah elite delivered what it promised - an updated version of the classic. It even tacked on some multiplayer.

In terms of Elite vs Elite Dangerous it's a huge leap forward and a complete update of the original game.

Unfortunately gamers expect way more these days - but ED did deliver what was promised for me.

all i expected was what they said they would deliver during the kickstarter: a campaign. that was all i wanted. then they announced ONE MONTH before shipping that the plans were scrapped. i then collected my refund and moved on.

I don't remember that, wast it some sort of stretch goal? I must have backed it before that came up.

9. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 24, 2015, 15:02 DangerDog

They have a flight model? I thought it was just free cam mode with a space ship hud attached to it.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Ready to Roll
21. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 23, 2015, 22:37 DangerDog

If it's not region locked then it's game on, haven't heard on this one but I wouldn't be surprised if it were region locked.  

News Comments > Halo 5 PC Possibilities
29. Re: Halo 5 PC Possibilities Oct 23, 2015, 16:49 DangerDog

Microsofts version of supporting PC gaming is forcing people to buy an xbox to stream to their PC*

*keyboard and mouse not supported.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 23, 2015, 00:54 DangerDog

That was cool, I think I would have been "Marty, screw this let's go back to the past".  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer Oct 22, 2015, 21:04 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 19:12:
Huh, that dropship looks pulled from Supreme Commander.

Also, this game features the voice talents of Katie Sackhoff, Heather Graham, Neal McDonough, Ron Perlman, and Jeff Goldblum. They're not mentioned in the trailer though. Strange.

most of them are in the zombie co-op part.

the main game looks like Titanfall without Titans.

News Comments > etc.
29. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 17:13 DangerDog

George Lucas: "Video games can't have plots"

click bait article over a non story from 2013

plots is a poor choice of words, emotional attachment to characters seems to be the holy grail they're talking about. despite attempts at playing the emotional card in video games they always seem to fall flat of anything noteworthy. maybe it's because it always feels so forced, it doesn't have much to do with the cartoon aspect of the graphics I mean pixar movies can tug at your heart strings pretty damn well. fuck you pixar!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2015, 16:27 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 13:47:
Also, I'm just going to call it "Redtube" from now on. Can't be bothered to type the full name.

google is going to have to buy up that url lol

if the paid subscription model means less idiots like pewdiepie to sift through then maybe it wont be such a bad thing after all.

5797 Comments. 290 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo