Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5795 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2015, 18:23 DangerDog

I'm calling shenanigans over that Fallout 4 LEGO Recreation, where are these people finding that kind of quantity of grey lego bricks.

I still remember when lego was just a couple of primary colors, the founder of lego would only allow the bricks to be made in certain colors from what I've read. This was intentional to keep kids from building tanks or other war related things.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 15, 2015, 18:15 DangerDog

again? thought it was killed off around the time windows 8 came out.  

News Comments > Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS
25. Re: Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS Nov 13, 2015, 16:29 DangerDog

Julio wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 16:01:
And Windows 10 can outperform it while logging your data to send to third parties!

Has this really been proven? I'm talking about Microsoft cataloging the files on your hard drive type snooping.

It seems if you want to avoid the targeted advertising stuff it's pretty simple to mitigate.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront Reddit Issues
7. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront Reddit Issues Nov 13, 2015, 15:50 DangerDog

They banned the guy from DICE and then he tweeted something about telling the devs to only post on their official forums, some of the DICE guys still post on the subreddit.

The latest wonder blunder is making the only customization option for Stormtroopers is removing your helmet and choosing a human head. After the first few hours of gameplay instead of the game looking like Star Wars it's just going to look like a bunch of generic soldiers running around in white body armor.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 11, 2015, 17:12 DangerDog

Oh, so Tim uh how do those apps in the apple app store get made? You mean you can author them using the ipad pro?

Apple and Microsoft both would like to kill off the desktop and have everyone only buy software from their app stores. Just like back in the day when IBM had it locked down where you could only lease software for mainframe computers from them.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar Nov 11, 2015, 15:16 DangerDog

Probably not as impressive as they would like it to be, the marketing budget for these games is in the hundreds of millions isn't it?

Just played the campaign, started off strong and then went from meh to what's that smell? Did I step in some dog shit? I would say it's the worse single player campaign yet, they really went overboard with their nonsensical artsy fartsy "inception" level design towards the end. It should have been all high-tech futuristic city-scapes. The only people masochistic enough to play this through co-op would have to be doing it just to make fun of how bad the game is.

News Comments > Online GTA Mods Closed
6. Re: Online GTA Mods Closed Nov 10, 2015, 22:02 DangerDog

if only they would go after online cheaters with such veracity.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Launches
5. Re: Steam Hardware Launches Nov 10, 2015, 21:59 DangerDog

I don't think Steam Machines are going to be a thing, way too many people are going to be confused thinking they can run all PC games from them.  

News Comments > Cancelled Jurassic World Game Details?
3. Re: Cancelled Jurassic World Game Details? Nov 10, 2015, 21:42 DangerDog

nin wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 20:24:
Can I still look at my tits to check my health?

despite all the shit it got I thought that it was actually a pretty good game.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Patched
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Patched Nov 9, 2015, 19:07 DangerDog

It's not a Batman level of incompetence, I think most of it is people turning everything to ultra because they have 980ti cards in SLI.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Patched
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Patched Nov 9, 2015, 15:08 DangerDog

I don't think that's going to get fixed (mouse input), seems like it's an engine thing though I'm not privy to how other CoD games handled it.

I was able to get acceptable performance by lowering some settings, I'm also not running 144hz monitor.

The campaign really did take a turn for the worse as you progress, they had an opportunity to make an action focused game with co-op but instead injected all this lame "story" composition, they even did the lame long slow "walk" mode lock down while the characters blather on about shit you don't care about. None of the levels cater to the parkour wall walking, sure you can use it here and there but it's not functional to being something you use strategically.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2015, 15:52 DangerDog

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 14:00:
All the nonsense of "shoot this handful of enemies, move forward, shoot another handful that just spawned, repeat 39 times and then you win" is really, really dull.

Call of Duty is everyone's favorite game to bash but you can just as easily tear apart every game genre under the premise of there not being anything new besides better graphics year in, year out.

I really doubt you'll have any revolutionary interactions with the AI enemies in Fallout 4 for example.

Things were looking so good back in the day of Quake and the Reaper Bot, I don't understand why there is such a lack of emphasis on AI programming since then, or at least it feels that way.

Other than that everything can be broken down to a formula of repetition with a slight variation in art style. If you take the "Star Wars" element out of the upcoming Battlefront game and replaced everything with generic soldiers I know my interest in playing it would probably drop off to near zero.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released
29. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released Nov 6, 2015, 20:23 DangerDog

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 18:57:
Sometimes we fight around here as if we all don't have the same gaming goals.. it's rather disheartening. I honestly think us PC gamers here at Blues should be better people.. we're more informed, we're game-smarter, we're critical when we need to be.. etc. I think we're too harsh on each other. I think we lose sight on what's important and resort to name calling.

Anyhow, I will report back this weekend on how the game runs on my new rig.. hoping it works. I had to buy the game just to support a developer that has come out and made statements like they did regarding mapping, modding, the server browser...

while I appreciate the gesture of modding etc I somehow doubt this will be a good platform people are like moths to a flame when it comes to playing for "stats" on ranked servers.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released
21. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released Nov 6, 2015, 16:23 DangerDog

I don't have any performance issues with the multiplayer, the single player though seems to be all over the place, haven't touched the zombie portion.

The campaign is kind of cool but just played through the very start, they have a combat arena in the game where you face off against increasingly difficult AI bots in this tron like map and ended up sinking a bunch of time into that last night.

They have an FOV adjustment that works for single player and multiplayer, usually it's just for multi if it's there at all.

I wouldn't have touched this if it weren't for cdkeys.com having it priced at $37 - smooth transaction will buy from them again.

The game is 59 gigs though, what the hell!? That's just a couple of gigs shy of GTA V. More uncompressed audio or something like they did with Titanfall?

two week wonder then it's off to a galaxy far, far away.

Jagacademy wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 16:19:
Buy Fallout 4.

When you're finished, come back and see if BO3 has had it's problems fixed.

and if you want a multiplayer shooter get Star Wars, you can find it for $44.

I don't think they can fix BO3, I would imagine changing the way the mouse aim is tied to the frame rate isn't something they can't just patch away - maybe not.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2015, 16:29.

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
22. Re: Into the Black Nov 5, 2015, 22:10 DangerDog

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 21:56:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 19:39:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 19:27:
Are you guys getting angrier every day? Almost every post from you guys is like "I'M SO ANGRY! GRRRRRRR" Furious2

Take a chill pill.

+1

I've been thinking this for awhile, the place has become really negative lately. Aside from a couple of titles each new game is treated like it's the worst thing ever. Bummer. I admit I've been sucked into it too, but it just isn't good for the community.

I can't believe that many people would be upset about it not being free 2 play - which when you do the math ends up costing you a boat load more money than if you just buy a game outright.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Planetary Tour
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Planetary Tour Nov 5, 2015, 21:32 DangerDog

The voice is okayish it's the lines they've written that are uh not that great.  

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
17. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 5, 2015, 20:38 DangerDog

If you pay full retail for games then you're doing it wrong.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Planetary Tour
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Planetary Tour Nov 5, 2015, 20:28 DangerDog

It's all about the speeder bike, first person view right into a tree.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month
14. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month Nov 5, 2015, 15:06 DangerDog

Man I'm sick of these four hour long linear games

/someone makes a non linear game

Wow, this game needs to be more linear and have a end game event to win!

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
29. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 15:00 DangerDog

The only way to play these games, ~ + tgm

5795 Comments. 290 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo