Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5797 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Microsoft Announces the Surface Studio- 28-inch AIO with Touch, Pen, 4500x3000, Skylake, GTX 980 Oct 27, 2016, 01:31 DangerDog

I want what Microsoft is smoking.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer Oct 25, 2016, 23:57 DangerDog

The member berries are pretty strong with the CoD4 remastered edition.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
46. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 22, 2016, 01:19 DangerDog

Retired wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 23:49:
Gaming has turned to Gouging. I am out.

comparatively speaking if you add up the retail prices of BF1942 and it's expansions or BF2 and it's expansions the price hasn't really changed much.

45. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2016, 01:17 DangerDog

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 00:29:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 22:36:

Nope, I have a full CH HOTAS setup, tried it. Didn't help one bit.

Huh, go figure. But if it works, I guess it works. I've never played Battlefield's air game competitively, but I have been flight simming on and off for 15 years now, and it's just hard for me to conceive of a keyboard ever flying an airplane better than a joystick.

With BF4 it was less a simulation of flight and more a flight experience, with BF1 it's better but still extremely arcade in every way.

42. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 21, 2016, 22:36 DangerDog

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 22:08:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 21:41:

some of the more competent flyers in Battlefield just use the keyboard only, you fly in third person for situational awareness arrow keys for direction W and S for throttle A and D for yaw, assign spacebar for pitch up. Fire with right control key.

In BF4 there was the UCAV unlock tied to playing Air Superiority mode and you had to get jet kills, I tried all sorts of configurations but finally did best with just keyboard only. That was brutal, you had people just hanging out who had mastered the max speed for optimum turns and could wipe out a whole server of n00bs in seconds.

The extent to which people will go to avoid buying a $30 joystick. Hey, whatever works I guess.

Nope, I have a full CH HOTAS setup, tried it. Didn't help one bit.

39. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 21, 2016, 21:41 DangerDog

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 19:30:
Slick wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 19:14:

Even back in the Descent days, the competitive scene all migrated towards KB+M over joystick, it just offers more accuracy, and faster accuracy.

Descent had completely different flight dynamics than that of an airplane though.

Granted, the Battlefield flight model isn't remotely realistic but it at least mimics the way airplanes fly, which means you need to hold various continuous, analog inputs for different maneuvers. Carefully swiping the mouse a set number of times just seems like holding yourself back compared to pulling back partially on the stick for however long you need it.

some of the more competent flyers in Battlefield just use the keyboard only, you fly in third person for situational awareness arrow keys for direction W and S for throttle A and D for yaw, assign spacebar for pitch up. Fire with right control key.

In BF4 there was the UCAV unlock tied to playing Air Superiority mode and you had to get jet kills, I tried all sorts of configurations but finally did best with just keyboard only. That was brutal, you had people just hanging out who had mastered the max speed for optimum turns and could wipe out a whole server of n00bs in seconds.

35. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 21, 2016, 18:26 DangerDog

Task wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 15:55:
xLith wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 13:57:
Task wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 13:08:
So those that have this on Blues, please confirm if they actually worked on joystick compatibility. It was deactivated in beta. They claimed to be "working on it" before release on Twitter.

I don't have one to try but last thing I read was they were still working on it. I haven't seen a patch yet either for anything and I've been playing since Monday. I'm guessing the answer is no.

I'll check later then on updates. No buy from me though if I can't use my joystick

no joystick support at launch

They apologized for not shipping with it. It's being worked on now!

Although I'm not sure if it's really going to help you become an ace pilot if that's what you're wanting joystick support for.

News Comments > Accounting VR Game for Free
10. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 16:50 DangerDog

until the price comes down to sub $300 it'll very much remain niche.

they'll also need to come up with a way to make moving in VR space not so lame, the portal mechanic is pretty weak. Putting yourself in a "slippery floor" hamster cage isn't much of an improvement, not to mention way too expensive.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 PC Delay; Specs
10. Re: Watch Dogs 2 PC Delay; Specs Oct 19, 2016, 00:55 DangerDog

Trying to avoid those day one negative reviews, pete and joe forgot to add in the PC features to the console port.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 18, 2016, 22:29 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 20:15:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 16:37:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 16:28:
$1.25 million? George Soros drops that kind on money on Hillary like it's pocket change.

Not to worry though, the fix is in and Hillary is going to win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDc8P

Yes, the simplest and most obvious answer for why Donald Fucking Trump is losing the election is that Democrats systemically commit voter fraud nationwide, because as we all know the election system is completely centralized in Washington and wouldn't require the collusion of both Democrat and Republican office holders at all levels of government all across the country in order to pull off. I can't possibly see how Trump might have alienated all but one group he needs for a winning electoral coalition, so the only answer must be fraud. I mean why wouldn't Trump do at least as well with women and minorities as Romney? /rollseyes

I doubt dd can read a whole paragraph but I enjoyed it. Thanks for an intelligent and well worded response. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leW-seXnhBc

ooh wee sick burn there Red

https://i.redd.it/py2186hcc1sx.gif

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 18, 2016, 17:20 DangerDog

descender wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 16:45:
Soros spends like $15mil and you freak out. Koch bros spend $250mil and... you vote with them.

Idiot.

You are right though, the "fix" is in. The "fix" was making Trump your nominee.

The democraps have a much better ground game when it comes to "choosing" their nominee. All those Bernie supporters, so naive.

Poor, poor Jeb. All that money spent and all he has to show for it is a lousy pull over hoodie and a pocket full of turtles.

Jeb!

Election Justice USA finds that Bernie Sanders lost an estimated 184 delegates to Election Fraud

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 18, 2016, 16:28 DangerDog

$1.25 million? George Soros drops that kind on money on Hillary like it's pocket change.

Not to worry though, the fix is in and Hillary is going to win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDc8PVCvfKs

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Announced
7. Re: Star Control: Origins Announced Oct 18, 2016, 16:24 DangerDog

Very much a 'toon vibe, the lander video they show in the media section makes it look pretty casual in terms of gameplay.

might make for an easy port to mobile devices, can't blame them for that one.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
43. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 16:11 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 15:36:
VaranDragon wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 14:30:
nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 09:39:
AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

I'll let you guys know how awesome it is!

I'm sure it will be, but it's Rockstar's loss ultimatively.

Is it?

They're the ones with the full knowledge of how much it would take to build, test, market and launch the game for the PC at the same time as consoles, as well as with a strong understanding of how much money they'd make for having done that.

This is just a small group of PC gamers going "well, they won't get my $60."

I'd wager it's more the loss of people who only game on one platform than anything else.

What year is it?

Consoles are PC's, they're developing the game on PC's for low-end PC's (today's consoles).

the only thing they're skipping out on is needing to test the game on different PC specifications, something which modern development tools are quite capable of performing software analysis on.

This is a bean counter maneuver, why sell just one copy when a lot of those console people will buy a second copy on the PC platform.

Rockstar: Making Console Gaming Great Again

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. WikiLeaks says Assange's Internet link was severed by 'state party.' Oct 17, 2016, 15:12 DangerDog

Just Hillary having a practice run at cutting internet on anyone with dissenting views over her.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2016, 18:30 DangerDog

Why does anyone want to go to mars? It's a rock. No indigenous life...

except for that gateway to hell thing, I don't get it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 01:30 DangerDog

BobBob wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 17:45:
Grr ..

So eBay has a 100% guarantee, but wait, stop ... not so fast. Seller sends me wrong item. I message seller. No response. I request return. Seller sends me a return label. Zero communication. No apology. Nothing.

I call eBay .. So basically, not only did I get the wrong item, in order to get my money back, I must get a new envelope, tape it up, drive to the post office (costing time and gas money) and then return it myself. Their suggestion is to leave the seller feedback. That's it? No credit for loss of money - gas and envelope - and inconvenience?

Never again ... Going to use Amazon or a direct online store -- with a solid customer service reputation -- in the future.

Just had an incident on ebay, purchased what looked like a brand new unopened WD external hard drive, shrink wrapped and everything. Inside someone had swapped the hard drive out with a used drive that looked like it came from a mac. Requested return and seller provided return label, boxed it up and took it to the post office and the next day the seller refunded me the money.

I usually stick with named vendors like newegg when buying computer parts off of ebay, got lucky but lesson learned.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer
17. Re: Star Citizen Trailer Oct 13, 2016, 22:33 DangerDog

Oh man, look at those graphics

PREORDERED!!

seriously though they do make some cool looking videos

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 13, 2016, 22:28 DangerDog

This is quite the screw up by Samsung but I don't want to see them go under because of it. My computer is probably 30% samsung at this point, monitor, ssd drives, memory, laser printer. I also have a Samsung Tablet that is pretty nice.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout Oct 12, 2016, 16:23 DangerDog

They need to release training videos for how the multiplayer works, in Rush you had this ability to call in artillery if the defending team "used" the telegraph "mcom" but apparently you have to spot enemy soldiers in order for it to work.

never saw one artillery barrage in RUSH because nobody knew how to use it.

I guess the biggest dust up is that clans can no longer rent their own server, some are speculating that EA/DICE are doing this because of "badadmin" abuse which is a real thing. Join a server and get moved to the opposite side while a gang of people using organized commands through teamspeak pummels the n00bs. I'm not a fan of scripts that limit kits or imposes rules like no explosives. Downside is there won't be any way to boot cheaters from games, no increased ticket servers etc.

They've also ditched punkbuster, probably a good thing as it never really stopped cheaters.

5797 Comments. 290 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo