Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6223 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 4, 2018, 17:16 DangerDog

Seems to affect servers the most, after Intel refreshes the Xenon line in hardware maybe there will be some good deals on ebay and the like.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG
38. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 18:17 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 16:50:
Prez wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 15:17:

It's odd that so many people don't get this. Lawbreakers wasn't aimed at the casual market the way Overwatch and the Battle Royale games that are currently all the rage are - it's success was largely hinging upon the buy-in of the hardcore PC gaming market. The very same one he's told to fuck off many times throughout his career. Of course Lawbreakers suffered because of his past indiscretions. That said, given the aforementioned major shortcomings surrounding Lawbreakers, it was never going to be a smash success. At best it was going to be a niche hardcore shooter darling similar to the first Tribes, but I have no doubt it failed to achieve even close to that because of who's project it was.

I think if Lawbreakers had been appealing, it wouldn't have mattered. Instead, he offered a bland game that had been done many times before in a saturated market.

You could replace Lawbreakers with PUBG and it would still hold true, the runaway success of PUBG is probably causing a lot of head scratching around AAA studios.

27. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 14:58 DangerDog

Quinn wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 11:27:
TheEmissary wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 09:56:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 09:38:
Always spread the blame.

How does PUBG's success have anything to do with LawBreakers failure. They are two totally unrelated sub-genres. Games that are sort of similar to it like Overwatch are still thriving. The problem is that the game just didn't seem all that interesting or original.

Their originality was "vertical gameplay". They didn't take into account that fucking nobody likes aiming at epileptic targets above them in the air in an FPS. In fact, the fact that that's how you have to fight Pharah in Overwatch is one of her perks.

And yeah, blame Overwatch which is still as successful as it was since release. PUBG is comparing apples with oranges.

It's kind of ironic because Cliff B. said that he hated Tribes, and then he goes off and makes an aerial FPS shooter. Maybe if he added skiing and jetpacks to the game with outdoor type spaces with rolling hills it would have been better..

26. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 14:53 DangerDog

Seemed like Overwatch was the direct competition, even gearbox failed at carving a niche into that mountain with 'Battleborn'.

Still not sure what Cliff B. was thinking on LawBreakers. Hard core Twitch shooters seems like a recipe for disaster.

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Free Roam Mode Coming
1. Re: Need for Speed Payback Free Roam Mode Coming Jan 2, 2018, 16:01 DangerDog

that's really good news for the 10 people that bought the game.

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
13. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 29, 2017, 16:00 DangerDog

What really sucks is now every game here on out will have to be battle royale.

Not a fan.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 27, 2017, 14:45 DangerDog

Star Wars in video game format has a better chance and surviving the catastrophic missteps made by Disney's movies but I don't think they'll allow for anything creative like a KOTOR game, just too risky.

The single player campaign in Battlefront 2, having a campaign focused entirely on playing as an Imperial Elite trooper was too much for Disney to accept. Two missions in and you change sides. It doesn't even hold a candle to the original Dark Forces in terms of "story".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2017, 12:43 DangerDog

Poor Mark, out of all the original main cast members I think he was the only one that truly loved Star Wars.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2017, 00:55 DangerDog

Nucas wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 22:51:
oh no, yucky girls are getting in our clubhouse and ruining star wars for white dudes, who star wars is supposed to be for!

i saw TLJ opening night and was kind of indifferent but the caterwauling it's provoked in "real star wars fans" has been highly entertaining.

I agree, it's especially heart warming seeing all these "fans" on youtube making millions of "The Last Jedi sucked" video blogs. So much for the fake news story that all the negative reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are from Russian bots. The only thing that really maters is how much money it makes and from the looks of things it's only going to fall short by one billion from The Force Awakens.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 17:42 DangerDog

Hoop wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 15:17:
Star Wars
What a sloppy miss cast PC mess...has a SW movie ever failed so badly in making you feel like you travelled the galaxies.
Bloated side quests just jump around there is no feeling of distance travelled. The main quest is just plain stalled. blah

The Force Awakens dazzled people with Star Warsish imagery and memberberries, The Last Jedi just wants to burn everything down to the ground, everything had to be a "gotcha" moment. Maybe for the next one JJ can pull the old "it was just a dream" Jedi mind trick.

It doesn't bode well for their Solo movie, if that turns out to be another bad Star Wars movie I don't think they'll be selling many tickets to their theme park attractions. Just think of the money Disney has riding on this franchise, from the merchandise to the theme park. You would think they could have afforded to have a focus group of select Star Wars fans dissect their plans. Sounds like their focus group consisted of a bunch of women who didn't have a clue about Star Wars.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/22/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-women-run-universe.html

News Comments > Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse
9. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 15:23 DangerDog

Didn't they add some super weapons with the DLC, I guess that could be considered pay to win if you don't get the DLC. But that's nothing new with online shooters.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 15:14 DangerDog

Probably just a massive blank spot between when she went into the coma and waking up, or one ongoing nightmare. Medically induced comas aside I wouldn't want to exist in a vegetative state for years on end.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video
30. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 25, 2017, 00:27 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 18:40:
I actually enjoyed that hour.... needs tons of polish and optimization, but the base is there, and this 1 hour had more in 1 hour than Elite Dangerous has as entire gameplay.

uh the actual space combat doesn't look even half as good as Elite Dangerous.

The art assets they've made for Star Citizen are top shelf but when actual gameplay starts it looks pretty poorly implemented. I think they've spent too much time creating switches for cockptis that turn lights on and off and not enough on the actual ship to ship combat gameplay mechanics. The first person combat looked like they were using a copy and paste job from crysis.

I did enjoy the Terminator joke and the Roger Wilco cameo.

News Comments > Black Mesa Update; Sale
4. Re: Black Mesa Update; Sale Dec 24, 2017, 15:17 DangerDog

Nobody wants to return to Xen.

nobody.

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
25. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 20, 2017, 23:37 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 19:30:
TANKS?!? WTF

You're welcome

30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 18:26 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 18:12:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 18:02:
The movie is PG 13, so not for little kids. Also it's full of raw emotion and violence. It's probably the most intense Star Wars movie ever made. I thought it was excellent, definitely good enough to overcome a few flaws.
If you like this one then you'll definitely like the next one. Quentin Tarantino just signed on as director.

While that actually might be a good match, JJ Abrams is directing the next Star Wars movie. Quentin would like to do a Star Trek movie.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 18:23 DangerDog

Sorry for the lack of sarcasm tags

Don't you just hate it when you go to argue something wrong with a Star Wars movie and people throw up the hand and say "Star Wars is for little kids".

Of course the whole thing is fantasy but I think people are a little more sophisticated in terms of seeing things that are completely beyond the realm of acceptable fantasy tolerances so as to take you out of the immersion of the universe. There are certain rules, even unwritten rules that you just shouldn't break.

Superman flying through the void of deep space, acceptable. Mary Poppins flying through deep space, not so much.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 15:05 DangerDog

You guys need to understand that Star Wars is for little children, it's not for adults and never has been.

/looks at run time

I'd like to see the six year old kid after spending 2:32 min in a theater, and even better would be the parent that actually thought that would be just fine along with the fried nerves of everyone around them.

As for the reviews, something seems fishy on IMDB when you click on the user reviews you can't find a single 10 yet it's running and 8.1 score.

I can't blame "professional" review critics for fawning over Disney's money machine that they're desperate to prop up, given the recent acquisitions it could mean and end of your carrier if you don't play along nice with the Mouse Empire.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 19:07 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 16:33:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 16:02:
Now it's Russia hacked our election? lol

Before you go all global thermal nuclear war because crooked corrupt Hillary lost, I need to add some creature comforts to my Vault 101 fallout shelter.

Thanks for letting everyone know you're a traitor that hates America and loves Russia. Now we know where you stand. Imagine how they would have treated you during the McCarthy era, you and your treasonous President. Hillary may have been a crook - just like Trump - but at least she wasn't a traitor.

You bet I love Russia, some of the hottest supermodels are Russian. I say we open our borders and let all the Russians in who want to come.

The only red scare I see is from the left in their trumped up charges of Russia hacking the election.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 16:02 DangerDog

Now it's Russia hacked our election? lol

Before you go all global thermal nuclear war because crooked corrupt Hillary lost, I need to add some creature comforts to my Vault 101 fallout shelter.

6223 Comments. 312 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo