Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6114 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Launch Trailer
3. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Launch Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 14:56 DangerDog

The only thing I feel is the soul crushing frustration when you're endlessly outmatched by the onslaught of a select few being able to unleash god mode through lootbox purchases.

When one side dominates over the other people rage quit, which is only momentarily fun if you're on the winning side and not so much if you're on the losing side. So you too quit the match but wait there's no server browser so when you go to find a different game you'll be dumped right back into the same server you just left.

The game is inherently designed to be unbalanced, not only to lure you into thinking you need to buy lootboxes to gain the edge over another player but to also sell you on the dream of being able to dominate the field playing as a "hero". The old system of picking up the ability to turn into a hero wasn't the best but at least it was fair in that anyone had a chance at it. In the new one only the rich get richer and even then you'll probably get bumped from the hero slot by someone else.

We haven't even touched on the small maps and mind numbing repetition, there's nothing to give the battles flow to other parts of a map. In Battlefied games there's often variation in where the battle ends up concentrated and it can change just enough to break up the monotony.

None of this is any consequence though because it's Star Wars!

PRE-ORDERED!!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer
6. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 03:33 DangerDog

Buying this on PC? You better really like the single player and or have enough friends to do private matches, I think the only recent CoD that was active on PC was BlackOps II.

Maybe the next Battlefield game will go WWII, I doubt they'll do BF2143 now that they're saturated with Star Wars.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December
10. Re: Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 30, 2017, 22:07 DangerDog

In the beta I had randoms showing up in my game. I didn't even mess with the menu settings.

I guess you have to buy the super mega deluxe edition for $85 to get the complete game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2017, 13:27 DangerDog

We're heading toward a Terminator like future, AI will sort everything out.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II
8. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 13:19 DangerDog

It's not short, it's Cinematic!

Remember when single player Star Wars games were something amazing, I member.

This is just training wheels simulator for the multiplayer, MP maps stitched together with some cut scenes and on-rails shooting gallery sections.

One thing I always enjoyed about the "classic" Star Wars games was the extreme sensation of vertigo they had, even with the now primitive graphics they were able to convey dizzying height. I doubt they brought that forward, people would expect crazy parkour movement system like Mirror's Edge.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 03:45 DangerDog

Bumpy wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 19:10:
Ash wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 14:11:
Because Bill Gates donates insane amounts of money to charities, or invests them in technologies or foundations that can help people.

Pretty much this.

Waiting to hear the same from Mr. Bezos hopefully in the near future.

He gives away free bananas, so there's that.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 20:49 DangerDog

Rigs wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 20:32:
Is there a discount for Destiny2 anywhere or a code for somewhere that has it? I've checked 'isthereanydeal' and the lowest I've found is $56...

=-Rigs-=

US version? Green Man Gaming $54

https://www.dealzon.com/deals/destiny

wait for a sale.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 18:52 DangerDog

Hillary and Obama colluded with the Russians and got Trump elected.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 28, 2017, 05:46 DangerDog

always perplexes me that there doesn't seem to be more sharing of assets across EA studios, how much more 3rd person for Frostbite do you need than what was made for Battlefront?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 27, 2017, 04:36 DangerDog

He made an esport game, nobody showed up. I think that's funny.

I don't know if the MANGA artwork style would have helped here, I guess if you're going to try to take on Overwatch then that would be a good place to start.

you also need to dumb the gameplay way down, like move forward and press fire button.

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale Begins
9. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Begins Oct 27, 2017, 04:20 DangerDog

Hoarders got to hoard  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 12:55 DangerDog

Would rather see the release of the documents surrounding Roswell UFO incident - without redaction. Maybe something about Hanger 18.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 25, 2017, 15:00 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 12:07:
Bill Borre wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 10:59:
I thought Kinect was interesting technology. I could see how online gamers could use it to record their own combat animations to upload them to fighting games or mmos if games were ever developed to allow such a degree of user customization.

I wonder if the technology really doesn't have broad appeal or it just wasn't marketed adequately?

No, it's because they were using it to spy on people. Also their whole attitude is a classic business mistake of telling people what they want instead of listening to what they want. A very expensive mistake.

You would think so but people don't seem to mind inviting google/apple/amazon into their homes to be recorded 24/7.

now excuse me while I unlock my phone with a face scanner.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 25, 2017, 14:56 DangerDog

On one hand I can see how this was never going to take off, VR is in the same boat - not many people want to get up and move around in they would rather sit and be a console couch potato.

on the other hand this sucks for people researching robotics and giving computers "vision", almost all of these MIT like projects use the Kinect. I guess they'll have to rip the sensors out of the new VR room-space scanning headsets.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist
20. Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Oct 24, 2017, 15:56 DangerDog

Sounds like a business opportunity for a cottage industry of console controllers adapted to use keyboard and mouse, kind of like those XIM break out boxes they sell for consoles.

Are people lame enough to go through that much effort to cheat? yes they are.

I imagine there's already aimbots for the game.

edit: just saw Talutha's post, my thoughts exactly. Nobody is buying this game for PvP are they?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 20, 2017, 17:03 DangerDog

Single-Player FPS is dying because the experience is too repetitive game to game and there hasn't been any significant improvement in AI, without even playing a game you know it's going to be extremely linear with bullet sponge character models being the only thing impeding your progress to the end (they don't even do hub designs anymore where you have to find a key) The only selling point is the environment and the polish that goes into it.

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
21. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 20, 2017, 00:22 DangerDog

If only they had made a Rick and Morty FPS game.

Play as Mr. Poopybutthole? Sign me up.

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
44. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 16:20 DangerDog

They're not going deep enough with microtransactions if you ask me.

You want higher FOV? make it a microtransaction loot box with a sliding scale, 20, 40, 60 and ultra rare 100 degree FOV.

You could do this with so many options from the setting menu, from ability to mute annoying kiddies over VOIP to even tuning SJW bullshit added to games.

WWII authentic mode! Make all other players appear as white male gender for that realistic 1942 feel, one month access for $10.

Come on Activision/EA I know you can do it, make it happen!

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
26. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 05:28 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 05:12:
So does anyone who's mad at loot boxes remember % chance drops from just about any game, especially RPGs for the last 40 years? I do.

Just saying.

The whole RANDOM DROPS thing is A PART OF GAMING THAT'S ALWAYS BEEN THERE! But people act like they woke up today and all of a sudden there's a random chance in video games! That's never been there before! It's like these bitches have never rolled a fucking D20 for Christ's sake. WAAAH I'm an entitled gamer, I should be able to get EVERY ITEM in the game I paid for, how dare anyone tell me otherwise, it's always been this way! WAAAAAHHHH.

If it's loot that you can ONLY buy with real money, then it's Pay-2-Win and should be shunned. If you get the EXACT SAME THING that you'd get from just playing the bloody game normally, then it's a convenience shortcut, so "meh", not amazing, not the end of the world. Games have been doing that shit for a long time, this isn't a new trick in the slightest.

It's yet to be seen how much EA/DICE have pulled back from the beta of Battlefront II but as it was implemented in the beta (it's only words till it's released), but you can't possibly defend that shit.

Some theorize that they put out the worst case scenario for the beta to see if they could get away with it just because "OMG Star Warz!" while all along planing to pull back to make them seem like good guys.

Mixing the cash grab of free to play games mechanics into full retail games is just pure bullshit, oh look no season pass... If they made a fun and engaging game people wouldn't mind spending a little extra money on some bling for their character but let's be reasonable - nothing should alter the game balance.

May the schwartz be with you!

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
25. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 05:17 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 05:07:
How hard is it to make a single player game with Jedi Knight/Outcast's Saber combat?!?

They already made that game, Force Unleashed 1 & 2.

I guess they could do an updated version with the new star wars themes from the latest movies, I guess some people actually like it but I know I sure don't.

I would fall out of my chair laughing if they made an entire game focused on playing as Rey or Finn.

6114 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo