Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5700 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2016, 19:10 DangerDog

Streisand, sand like sand in your vagina.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
39. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 17:17 DangerDog

Rigs wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 15:09:
Having said all that, I don't know why people just won't let it go? It sucked, it wasn't what we wanted (or needed). It happens (all the damn time). Listing all the stuff that we thought it would have isn't going to bring that stuff back. HG/Sony will just release some half-assed response blaming gamers for expecting too much and not understanding what they were selling. End of story. They don't care.

Two things really, people are still being duped into buying it based on the fake ass trailers. Hell, even up on the main Steam page it's full of false advertising.

Until Sean Murray gives a real answer as to where is the game he was talking about and showing off all this time people aren't going to let it go, nor should they.

secondly, everyone still wants to play that game.

24. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 03:33 DangerDog

I know Sean Murray comes off as a likeable guy, always smiling and seemingly beaming with pride over his game but I haven't seen this level of bait and switch since Aliens: Colonial Marines. I would say Sean's level of bullshit far exceeds Randy's level by light-years.

Where is the game that Sean showed off? Was that also some sort of B.S. scripted rendered animation?

95% of the things he talked about in interviews isn't in the game.

19. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 00:10 DangerDog

Overon wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 23:16:
Sean Murray is a liar and a younger version of the bullshit artist Peter Molyneux. He's attempting to string everyone along with the promise of new content. But his Sony bosses will pull the plug on that and nobody should be buying this game because of all the lies and misrepresentations all gathered here for your convenience:

http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/

reddit has turned into a cesspool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2016, 19:30 DangerDog

Minor tweaks on the surface but I doubt they can add anything to the game that would give it more substance. The rick and morty mods seem like a natural fit, too bad they'll get shut down.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2016, 19:41.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details Aug 17, 2016, 22:21 DangerDog

14.99 is what they charge for individual DLC, season pass is 49.99  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details Aug 17, 2016, 20:53 DangerDog

content cut from the main game.

okay maybe not, but they did rush the game to market to release before the movie.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Aug 17, 2016, 17:51 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 16:52:
Quboid wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 16:08:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 15:48:
The small indie developers are suppose to be above such unscrupulous tactics, right?

OK I gotta ask - who is supposed to think small indie devs are different to other people? I know that these people exist, I'm just not sure what stereotype they are supposed to belong to.

Who was dumb enough to think they had a small studio mentality when Sony picked them up and treated it like a AAA? There is no way a BN regular is this stupid to really fall for any of this. So imo we are just taking up someone else lameness cause because they weren't smart enough. Come on, did someone actually fall for any of this here at BN's?

Sony picked up the distribution of the game but Hello Games (Sean Murray) still tried to present themselves as a vanguard of gamers not bending to the wills of corporate greed, saying such warm fuzzies as there won't be any DLC for NMS.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans-sky-could-get-paid-dlc/1100-6442663/

oops.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2016, 15:53 DangerDog

Verno wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 10:17:
Good luck Blue, that thing is a pain to remove.

They make it look so easy in those youtube videos. Just place your chair in an industrial sized vice, little wd40, grab the largest pipe wrench known to man and give it a twist and a turn.

EZ

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Aug 17, 2016, 15:48 DangerDog

Everyone wants to blame the people who got duped into the bait and switch tactic of Sean Murray for "falling for the hype". He seemed like such a likeable guy, always smiling in interviews and being so forthright in answering questions when showing off work in progress playable demos of the game that looked AMAZING!

Who would have guessed he was just another sleazy guy lying his ass off in order to create a false narrative to shill his game to the unsuspecting masses.

The small indie developers are suppose to be above such unscrupulous tactics, right?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 16, 2016, 23:06 DangerDog

Rigs wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 21:52:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 20:58:
Performance wise, YES. But everything that was shown publicly was scripted out the ass.

I'd love to see a false advertising lawsuit against Hello Games, as I would say this is one of the larger 'Bait and Switches' since Aliens: CM.

Oh c'mon, like every E3 demo isn't scripted? It wasn't 'scripted' in the strictest sense, it just had many, many custom triggers and behaviors. But where he went and what he did when he landed wasn't...'on rails'. If you bring a complaint against him, you'd have to bring one against nearly every company that presents an open world game at E3. Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, HALO...you name it...

=-Rigs-=

OKAY!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 16, 2016, 20:22 DangerDog

Is this the update that makes NMS look and play like the E3 footage?  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month
11. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month Aug 15, 2016, 23:50 DangerDog

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 22:55:
I thought Dice knew they were making a WW1 game or was it merely a suggestion?

I mean, it looks fun and might be the title which forces me to break my EA shitlist but the Battlefield formula certainly doesn't make it look like a title which is suppose to capture The Great War. This just looks like a reskinned, fast-paced WW2 game from ages ago with horses.

Authenticity is definitely overshadowed by "fun" when it comes to Battlefield games, I'm still amazed that some of the kit in the game was actually used in WWI.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month
7. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month Aug 15, 2016, 21:55 DangerDog

I need a fedora and whip in that desert map.

rumor is that they'll go microtransaction on appearance items, maps might not be sold in "premium" this time.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs
13. Re: Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs Aug 15, 2016, 21:52 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 21:11:
Do I recall that they're putting in some kind of single player this tim around?

Yes, suppose to be more "traditional" campaign rather than the string of multiplayer maps +radio show playing in the background.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs
4. Re: Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs Aug 15, 2016, 20:21 DangerDog

Also, because the single player story has some wonderful secrets that we really want to preserve for launch, we also have to worry about leaks. Our wonderfully curious PC players have proven in the past that they will dig out anything they can, and there's a risk that they could spoil some of our single player.

So we are going to treat PC gamers as the terrorists that we think they are.

at least they announce the single player and multiplayer will be combined, so yes this will take up 50+gb of hard drive space.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 14, 2016, 22:54 DangerDog

No Man's Sky, so good people bought it twice.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Aug 13, 2016, 21:31 DangerDog

ED suffers from the same issue of giant universe but needs a ton more meta game content to make it feel truly alive. It's all about the "experience" of being able to fly a space ship and land in space stations (that are pretty much all the same). The carrot on the end of the stick for the ED grind is to buy a better ship and fancy upgrades.

ED is not as "care bear" when it comes to space flight, you have to actually fly your ship. Some are really good with just mouse and keyboard but it ramps all the way up to HOTAS support. I do love the full immersion when using head tracking, you wouldn't think being able to head look on a 2D display would impact the game as much as it does. I'm not ready to wear a hot VR headset so I'm good with head tracking.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Aug 13, 2016, 17:42 DangerDog

Elite Dangerous is like playing with regular lego bricks, this game feels like your playing with duplo bricks.

It's very lite on the survival aspect (no food, water, or sleep requirements), flying in your spaceship seems really safe, auto landing on planets and space stations, I don't think you can even crash into the ground if you try.

Perhaps this is another conscious decision to make the game playable by kids 12 years old and up as long as they don't have ADD.

Adding base building and freighter ownership seems like a bad idea all around, they need to breathe more life into the game itself with NPC's walking around in compounds and space stations. More diversity in designs between different alien races.

I don't think this game has a future, which is kind of unfortunate because they do have some really cool tech at work here.

5700 Comments. 285 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo