Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5990 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Metro Exodus Announced
17. Re: Metro Exodus Announced Jun 12, 2017, 14:26 DangerDog

aside from having a pair of binoculars and a map it looked like it was pretty heavy on the scripting and linear travel through the map. long view distances of and open world doesn't make it so.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Week
3. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Week Jun 12, 2017, 14:18 DangerDog

Didn't know Quake Champions went f2p, too bad cheaters will ruin the experience. There's no way they'll be able to put a stop to it and allow people to play for free.

I think the day of hard core modding is pretty much over, changing some underlying game mechanics is one thing but actually creating new content that matches the level of quality needed to draw attention from a vast sea of choices would be almost impossible to pull off.

The Titanfall "theme" is cool but the scope is what hurts it. If they put this into a larger conquest style mode where you had at least 32 players battling it out on maps with destructible assets it would be closer to the marketing videos they released for it. Call of Duty with mechs on small maps just doesn't seem to be a winning formula.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
40. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 16:58 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 11:19:
Slick wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:32:
Oh Jesus Christ, CJ my man, it's been too long. I don't even know how to attack this, it feels like a trap, no matter what angle i take, it morphs into something even more ridiculous...

So I'm playing in a movie set, and that's bad, because I'm playing a Star Wars game, which is based on movies, but the actual locations look better, so the actual Tatooine looks better? Or the game's representation of the movie is bad because it's based on a movie and not the real location which is real, but video games aren't real, but they should be, but not movies...

Man, this hole goes deep. You're out of your fucking mind.

Dude, as I said... the Frostshite games look fucking artificial. The movie location Tatooine is actual locations in Tunisia and looks 100% more real in the movies than the retarded shiny high gloss plastic sand and rocks in SWBF. YES. Absolutely.

Frostshite is an abomination of an engine. It has unrealistic lighting, unrealistic vibrant colors and always looks like you are watching the action through a camera lens instead of actually being there, being the soldier and doing the actual fighting.
It is giving you a detached feeling like you are a distant war observer and not a soldier or a hero or a fucking elf (DAI) or whatever.

It kind of has the same look and feel like those TVs with high Hz technology, e.g. Sony's Motionflow. When you activate that stuff, you are all of a sudden cast in the role of someone on the set of the shooting. I don't know if there is a proper technical term for this strange effect but Frostshite causes the gaming equivalent to that effect and it fucking sucks.

There's plenty to complain about in DICE's Battlefront but the graphics really aren't one of them. The environments are by far the most accurate presentation from the movies ever made, mostly from the use of photogrammetry but also in the lighting and sound design. The color saturation could be a little on the too colorful when compared to the movies but it's not some whacked out filtered shit like they did with Battlefield 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA

we'll just have to agree to disagree

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 11, 2017, 16:43 DangerDog

You'll have to spend Battlepoints to keep your armor and weapons up to 100% effectiveness.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
36. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 03:29 DangerDog

Not sure how anyone could be a fan of prequel content - it's only slightly better playing it instead of watching it. In some ways the new movie they made is even worse. Kylo was such a horrible Darth Vader wannabe and Rey is no Luke Skywalker, the redesign of the classic Storm Trooper was an abomination. It tried so hard with the nostalgia from the first movie I nearly choked to death on memberberries.

The single player might be worth a once through but I'll wait a few months for a $15 sale just like Titanfail 2.

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Announced
10. Re: Need for Speed Paycheck Jun 2, 2017, 15:13 DangerDog

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 11:13:
Who buys these? Im thinking kids, or rather their parents as I had a thing for Need For Speed, and Need for Speed 2 back when I was like 14-15 or whatever. (That's before I discovered true driving simulators).

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Fast-and-the-Furious

same people that enjoy watching mindless fast and furious movies.

it's turned into a juggernaut

News Comments > More on Far Cry 5
28. Re: More on Far Cry 5 May 28, 2017, 03:06 DangerDog

Agent-Zero wrote on May 27, 2017, 11:45:
VaranDragon wrote on May 27, 2017, 11:42:
DangerDog wrote on May 27, 2017, 11:30:

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. - Ronald Reagan

Governments are ideally created to SERVE the citizen. To serve. Not help, serve. You probably can't even grasp that, because you were brainwashed by Ronald Reagan, or your parents or a combination of both, that the Government is supposed to be evil. Guess who ran the government for most of the 80s though?

Ronald Reaegan.

Get where Im going with this? You were brainwashed into believing your government doesn't need to help you, by a BAD GOVERNMENT! It serves them best, to say that, which is why they say it. That kind of government doesn't exist to SERVE, it exists to ENSLAVE.

You need a government as much as any other nation, so why would the president of the most powerful nation of the world say a quote like that? Why indeed.

i bet you totally cured him of his brainwashing now

I HAVE!

ALL PRAISE OBAMA, OUR ONE TRUE SAVIOR!

am I doing it right?

17. Re: More on Far Cry 5 May 27, 2017, 11:30 DangerDog

VaranDragon wrote on May 27, 2017, 07:20:
DangerDog wrote on May 26, 2017, 19:14:
People that worship the Government are the real cultists.

Who the fuck worships the government? Who? Common answer that question with a straight face you moron!

Im sick of these right-wing libretarian douchebags making shit up as they go along...

Do you even know the meaning of the word "worship"? Do you? You know as in worshiping God, America, the Fucking Machine Gun?

Anyone who believes more Government intervention is the solution to everything.

You typically find this behavior equally from people of both extremes, so called left and right.

The developer in this video mentioned how he observed the people in Montana want less Government intervention in their lives and that equates to creating a power vacuum where catastrophic things can happen.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. - Ronald Reagan

News Comments > Titanfall 2 DLC Next Week
1. Re: Titanfall 2 DLC Next Week May 26, 2017, 19:22 DangerDog

Game failed, again.

2. Re: More on Far Cry 5 May 26, 2017, 19:14 DangerDog

People that worship the Government are the real cultists.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 in February
44. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 26, 2017, 17:43 DangerDog

alternate names for the game are..

Far Cry 5: Westboro Baptist Church

Far Cry 5: Redneck Redemption

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 14, 2017, 16:12 DangerDog

cheaper on cdkeys.com $33.79  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 10, 2017, 16:28 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on May 10, 2017, 10:24:
Windows 10 Standard store, we hardly knew ye.

nope, I understand that microsoft will be shipping surface pro tablets with Win 10 S and if you want to "unlock" the pro dlc version it'll cost you another $50.

I imagine other hardware vendors will be doing likewise.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2017, 03:36 DangerDog

DarkV wrote on May 7, 2017, 20:11:
RIP PePe.

You can't kill that which has no life.

http://i.imgur.com/Zg6XdgP.jpg

News Comments > Prey Released
15. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 15:50 DangerDog

Really looking forward to playing this.

when it's 75% off on steam sale

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 4, 2017, 04:35 DangerDog

Your foster parents are dead. Skull  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse May 4, 2017, 04:31 DangerDog

It's starting to look like Wall-E was a documentary.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews May 3, 2017, 04:35 DangerDog

Prey has failure written all over it, the janitor is going to be in charge of fixing bugs after it's released.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 3, 2017, 04:16 DangerDog

Didn't think they would pull the rug out from traditional desktop programs so fast, they still haven't killed things like the control panel completely.

Windows 10 Shit sandwich edition, everyone gets to take a byte.

All schools currently running Windows 10 Pro can receive a free update to Windows 10 S as well.

here's your free downgrade, enjoy!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2017, 04:07 DangerDog

Turns out George Lucas was right all along, the story doesn't matter.

now go out and buy more Disney sanctioned Star Wars crap!

5990 Comments. 300 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo