Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5795 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.0
6. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 11, 2015, 20:49 DangerDog

How many people can you have in one instance/server or whatever?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
56. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 20:01 DangerDog

You can pick it up for $34.99 from Gamestop after getting a $5 off coupon code.

http://www.kongregate.com/coupon

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/star-wars-battlefront/121211

News Comments > EA's Competitive Gaming Division
13. Re: EA's Competitive Gaming Division Dec 11, 2015, 04:59 DangerDog

Sepharo wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 02:41:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 02:12:
Nobody in the US takes esports seriously

That's not even remotely true.

I guess I've only seen thousands of "fans" watching esports live in arenas in places like Korea and China.

Let me know when Starcraft becomes and Olympic event.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Patches Out P2W
4. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patches Out P2W Dec 11, 2015, 02:16 DangerDog

Booted it up once and didn't like what they did to the movement, why couldn't they just leave it the way it was from Tribes 1 and 2.  

News Comments > EA's Competitive Gaming Division
8. Re: EA's Competitive Gaming Division Dec 11, 2015, 02:12 DangerDog

So from here on out they're only going to make games for the Korean market?

Nobody in the US takes esports seriously

News Comments > Lucasfilm: Cancelled Star Wars 1313 is "Gold"
14. Re: Lucasfilm: Cancelled Star Wars 1313 is Dec 10, 2015, 02:33 DangerDog

They can't be too happy about the Battlefront game EA made for them, it's failing faster than Titnfall.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week
26. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 9, 2015, 17:49 DangerDog

Cl1mh4224rd wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 17:11:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 16:14:
...from what I've read some of the planet based instanced stuff only shows up if you're driving around in the SRV - you can't see any of it if you're flying over the surface in your ship. I've read that it is working as intended and not an issue with the beta.

This is apparently no longer the case, as of yesterday. Ship-detectable Points of Interest are visible from the ship if you're close enough.

that's good, should help a little from flying over planetoids devoid of anything interesting going on down below.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week
18. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 9, 2015, 16:14 DangerDog

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 13:22:
They finally learned from their mistakes and released a trailer with actual gameplay footage. Looks fantastic.I haven't played since the long range missions were insanely profitable, getting me over $100 million in 3 days. Now seems as good a time as ever to jump back in.

I guess I missed the gameplay portion, doesn't really point out what you actually do on the planets other than fly and drive on them.

from what I can tell it's going to be extremely thin on planet side activities, feels like they're pushing it out the door to meet an arbitrary deadline they set to have it out before the end of the year.

It's extremely cool from a tech demo side of things but it's still going to lack the persistent living universe that David talked about in the second kickstarter video. Too much stuff is instanced, also from what I've read some of the planet based instanced stuff only shows up if you're driving around in the SRV - you can't see any of it if you're flying over the surface in your ship. I've read that it is working as intended and not an issue with the beta.

News Comments > Overwatch Free Content Plans
16. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 8, 2015, 00:42 DangerDog

Osc8r wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 21:05:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 20:25:
I'll be glad when this MOBA game frenzy is over, it shouldn't take too long with everyone and their dog releasing one.

The is not the MOBA are you looking for...

but rather just another uninspired shooter #948793287.

oh, I thought that pvp was only a portion of the game and they were going to put pve into it. my bad.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 7, 2015, 20:36 DangerDog

Two things I'd do to revive the Windows Phone, make it a completely open platform to develop apps for modeled after the beginning of the PC from the 80's including the ability to purchase and install apps from anywhere (direct from developers site).

Allow people to run android apps on the phone including the ability to side load apps.

News Comments > Overwatch Free Content Plans
2. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 7, 2015, 20:25 DangerDog

I'll be glad when this MOBA game frenzy is over, it shouldn't take too long with everyone and their dog releasing one.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2015, 14:51 DangerDog

The best part of Star Wars Battlefront is it only contains content from the original trilogy, the game has amazing visuals and sound that captures the Star Wars atmosphere pretty well.

Once you take all that in you're pretty much done with the game, most people will grind out the weapon and card unlocks or reach max rank of 50 and feel like they've won the game.

It's about a 40 to 50 hour game by design.

They can't win though, if they had made a reskinned version of Battlefield people would have bellyached about it. Giving people the ability to drive AT-AT's would have been a hot mess. They could have destroyed the cinematic themes of the battles from the movies by creating some sort of giant walker for the rebels to use, that would go over like a lead balloon for sure.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
19. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 5, 2015, 17:28 DangerDog

Aero wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 17:22:
I have a 970 and when I get around to buying a VR headset, probably the Rift consumer release, I was figuring I could just buy another 970. Splitting it up with one GPU driving each eye seems like logical approach, but I haven't been really paying attention to this stuff much, is such a setup feasible/practical?

probably only if a game is rendering using DirectX 12 and even then it might have to support something like that through special programming.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
15. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 5, 2015, 15:45 DangerDog

Sounds reasonable considering the system specs of SteamVR

SteamVR uses a pair of 1200x1080 pixel displays to offer a wide field of view. The displays refresh at 90 Hz, which is fast enough to do away with most of the motion sickness issues found in earlier, lower refresh VR headsets.

I still prefer TrackIR though.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
24. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 14:51 DangerDog

There's no getting away from needing to transition into your ship without a scripted animation, it's a neat effect the first couple of times but they need to speed up the animation considerably - like getting in your car in GTA V type speed. There should also be a way to bypass the full on walking through your ship to get to the seat on entry and exit.

Neat tech demo but on a whole it's a long, long way from hitting the mark on meeting expectations - unless you've lowered them to "Derek Smart" level of game production quality.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 3, 2015, 14:00 DangerDog

I checked out Samsung's tablet offerings this year and I couldn't believe they released 9.7 tablets with 1024x768 resolution for a premium price, I think they're going for around $360.

Even if it were $100 that resolution is beyond stupid.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 20:41 DangerDog

I know not all of the spyware stuff is app related but it seems like you can avoid most of it by just not using their metro-apps in the first place.  

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
3. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Dec 1, 2015, 21:35 DangerDog

If You Don't Love It, Just Return It!

This game is covered by the Origin Great Game Guarantee: If you don't absolutely love it, we'll give you a full refund.

lol

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
7. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 16:22 DangerDog

I tip my hat to you brave souls who carry the torch for the Red team.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches Dec 1, 2015, 05:02 DangerDog

I purchased the A-10 warthog sim from DCS a long time ago, then I realized what I had actually purchased. Watched a video of the take off procedures, I'm all for detail in sims but this thing is nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huVi6rdPE4I

I split a gut watching this giant bomb video of these guy trying to get off the ground.

5795 Comments. 290 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo