Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5594 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed Trailer; Preorder Bonus
3. Re: Need for Speed Trailer; Preorder Bonus Sep 29, 2015, 22:25 DangerDog

Yeah her voice, tell me more about rim jobs.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SOMA Movie
5. Re: SOMA Movie Sep 29, 2015, 04:06 DangerDog

I think I would have tried to capture the claustrophobic feel, large open warehouse setting seems out of place. Live actors using the actual game environments would have been interesting and not technically difficult today.

Still a cool marketing vehicle instead of the usual fast edit hype trailers.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 29, 2015, 00:44 DangerDog

We're spying on you but we're encrypting everything, feel better?  

News Comments > No Fallout 4 DLC Exclusives
8. Re: No Fallout 4 DLC Exclusives Sep 28, 2015, 17:01 DangerDog

Have they confirmed no monetization of mods for the game?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 26, 2015, 01:38 DangerDog

Commodore didn't know how to market the Amiga, they should have dumped the 500 systems by the truck load onto schools for free or close to it, kids would have then told their parents to buy one for their home. It worked for Apple and the Apple II computer.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Writers Named
4. Re: Serious Sam 4 Writers Named Sep 25, 2015, 20:23 DangerDog

we really need to get into the head of the character that's running at you screaming and holding two bombs in his hands.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta October 8th
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta October 8th Sep 24, 2015, 20:19 DangerDog

Strategic card game?

Flush

News Comments > Bullet Train Announced
2. Re: Bullet Train Announced Sep 24, 2015, 20:13 DangerDog

At the end of the day all we can come up with to do in games is to shoot shit.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Status Report
11. Re: Limit Theory Status Report Sep 24, 2015, 15:20 DangerDog

No Man Sky is suffering the same problem, cool tech demonstration now how do you fill it with a compelling "game".

The omnipresent nano-bot police shown in their recent video proves this point, it's a lame attempt at forcing the player behave a certain way in the world. It works in a game like Grand Theft Auto, start killing a bunch of people and the cops show up. Supposed "unexplored" planets, not so much.

Reaching the center of the universe isn't much of a hook either, there needs to be purpose to doing it in the first place.

I'm still waiting for someone to recreate a modern graphical version of Starflight, they crammed a lot of game onto a 540k floppy disk.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 22, 2015, 20:34 DangerDog

Dang, almost as much gaming content as Star Citizen. Good job to the people who made that.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Next Month
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 22, 2015, 20:27 DangerDog

Sacrifice wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 19:26:
Here is hoping it shows up on Steam...

Join the dark side, install Origin Devil

News Comments > Battleborn Closed Testing Signups
3. Re: Battleborn Closed Testing Signups Sep 22, 2015, 20:25 DangerDog

Shift was something they started with Borderlands 2, all I remember is getting a few keys to open chests from it.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans
28. Re: Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans Sep 22, 2015, 00:56 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 21:38:
Heh, Elite just went on sale, 40% off.

doesn't include the expansion so it's a bit of a "gotcha"

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers
24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers Sep 21, 2015, 19:18 DangerDog

Hump wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 18:46:

Thanks for the good news.....yeesh!

Anyhoo, I hope the game isn't just Battlefield 4 reskinned....

We'll all get to see when the open beta (gameplay demo / server stress test) begins.

From the gameplay videos released so far it seems like they're really aiming for a casual arcade shooter and doing everything they can to not have it labeled a Battlefield clone. It's really down to captivating people with the sights and sounds of Star Wars with enough fidelity to have people overlook any shortcomings in the design of the game.

Having Battlefront in the name means they are also aiming to please the fans of that franchise primarily while at the same time buffering themselves from the ultra critical Battlefield players.

Maybe the sound of John Williams score and the authentic reproduction of Star Wars assets will be enough to get people on board.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans
22. Re: Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans Sep 21, 2015, 17:51 DangerDog

I really doubt you'll ever see a structured, scripted campaign mode added to the game - it sort of goes against the sandbox theme of Elite.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers Sep 21, 2015, 17:44 DangerDog

Co-op will be peer to peer, as was the Co-op mode in Battlefield 3.

Dedicated servers but not the kind a clan would rent out and call their own, nobody except EA will have the ability to tweak gameplay settings. No high-ticket servers or community based administration.

Clans will have to utilizes whatever party mode they enable, join on friend from your Origin friends list - however since the game is setup for two man fireteams joining on a friend most likely won't put you on the same team, just in the same server.

"skill based matchmaking" they made the same claim with Titanfall, the general hope was that cheaters would eventually be matched up with other cheaters.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2015, 17:28 DangerDog

http://www.blastr.com/2011/03/3_ways_george_lucas_wife.php

I'm still convinced that to a greater extent it was Marcia Lucas that was the true hero behind the success of Star Wars and many other movies. I can imagine her being the only one to tell Lucas a bad idea from a good one.

The version I saw in the theater included an extremely short scene of Luke looking up into the sky with his binoculars and seeing an outline of the star destroyer, sort of hazy. It also included the full version of Leia kissing Luke "for luck" before swinging across the trench in the death star. I've never seen the full version of that scene ever again. Lucas tampered with the movies from the very start, he just went full retard on the special editions.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer
4. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer Sep 20, 2015, 00:29 DangerDog

I only hate games where there are guns lying around but you're not allowed to even pick them up. I think they did a good job with the first one, there were some guns but you weren't very effective with them. It also helps to brake up the monotony of running and jumping everywhere.

If all the physical combat is devolved down to quicktime events then it'll be a pass for me.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All
22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All Sep 18, 2015, 20:33 DangerDog

Task wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 18:02:
Its worth 5 of my bucks at best, definitely not paying full price for this. Was really hoping they would make it at least semi-realism like the First Strike SW mod or the newer BF games with more focus on the first person perspective, instead of cranking up Battlefront's 2 Arcade to infinity and beyond. *Shrugs* Oh well, nothing I can do about it, so perhaps the winning move is not play it and move on.

A Star Wars Battlefield game would have drawn too much nerd rage from people moaning about it being nothing more than a reskinned version of BF4. Just look at BF Hardline as an example. They decided to pick up the "Battlefront" game franchise and thus they're hell bent on making sure it has no direct ties to Battlefield, even though I'm sure a lot of the game modes will have their comparisons.

What's going to suck is if they model future Battlefield games around this design of having matchmaking only with instanced dedicated servers.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All Sep 18, 2015, 16:52 DangerDog

It'll have dedicated instanced servers, you won't get any custom gameplay settings so no high ticket servers for team deathmatch etc.

The game comes out November 17th so you'll only have to wait another week before you see it in all the black friday sales ads, it'll probably be $47.99 at the usual places. That is if it's even worth considering.

5594 Comments. 280 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo