Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5797 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders
3. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 12, 2016, 20:39 DangerDog

25% off from green man gaming, no premium subscription needed.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
4. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 12, 2016, 20:37 DangerDog

If they can get other publishers to go along for the ride and add to their selection of games then maybe, EA doesn't have a deep enough bench to warrant it on the PC.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed
11. Re: Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed Jan 12, 2016, 16:41 DangerDog

Retired wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 16:16:
Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 15:52:
Barring (again) the ridiculous idea that North Korea could invade the US, it really doesn't look half bad. I got kind of a Watch Dogs vibe from it, though this is just a straight up shooter, right?

Might be interesting.

That would actually be pretty cool....more Watchdogs than rails shooter.....that could be pretty deep.

This is a rails shooter, the gadget and hacking bit just look like lame mini-games.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed
7. Re: Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed Jan 12, 2016, 14:44 DangerDog

Why would you need to put North Koreans as the bad guy in a future dystopian scenario, it's more likely to be an all out military police state imposed by the US Government on their own people.  

News Comments > HTC Vive Preorders Next Month
14. Re: HTC Vive Preorders Next Month Jan 12, 2016, 02:21 DangerDog

HTC can't sell it at a loss, they don't have a "zuckerberg" sugar daddy like Rift does. I keep reading that HTC is teetering on financial ruin as their cell phone sales have dried up.  

News Comments > HTC Vive Preorders Next Month
6. Re: HTC Vive Preorders Next Month Jan 11, 2016, 20:21 DangerDog

but is the cord long enough to reach the bathroom?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2016, 14:56 DangerDog

R.I.P.

Another "chemotherapy" victim no doubt.

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
24. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 15:07 DangerDog

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 14:20:

I don't even know what I'd want to see in a Half Life 3 to be honest. It's not like the story was super compelling so I feel like I really need to have an ending.

A game set 100% on Xen!

To me HL has always been more about the setting and less about the interaction with other characters. I remember for HL2 they had the early physics test they showed off and I thought it would have been chocked full of physics puzzles but that didn't seem to happen.

I think it would be more about modernizing the gameplay, allowing players to craft bizarre weapons and bombs while bringing the visuals up to photo realism that's possible today both with the environments and creatures. I really wouldn't mind another tripped out Xen experience, something more along the line of Avatar though.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2016, 11:43 DangerDog

Do I get a brown shirt to wear in game if I turn in people talking bad about it?  

News Comments > Far Cry: Primal Specs
4. Re: Far Cry: Primal Specs Jan 8, 2016, 11:38 DangerDog

They crank these out pretty fast, still haven't played anything in this series since #2.  

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
9. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 11:30 DangerDog

Half Life 3 deconfirmed  

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
96. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 7, 2016, 04:05 DangerDog

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 20:26:
What makes the vive better than rift?

Valve support.

They do have some cool features, their touch controllers look very nice and having that camera means you won't have to take off the headset to see things around you. Room space VR experience could make for some interesting games too.

I suspect it'll be more expensive than the Rift by quite a bit, the "lighthouse" sensors and the touch controllers. Neither HTC nor Oculus have the luxury of discounting the razor and recouping their loss by selling blades. Neither company is going to require royalties for developing games / content for it - as far as I know.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month
6. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month Jan 6, 2016, 21:11 DangerDog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iM31NDkbM8

The VR look seems to control the direction your ship is heading.

yeah, scratched this one off my list as well.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month
4. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month Jan 6, 2016, 21:05 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 20:48:
This bitch better be good. Star Citizen is gonna take ages, Elite: Dangerous is decent but not exactly a space combat sim so it is high time that at least one studio delivers some awesome sauce space action.

This game makes Elite Dangerous look like a hard core DCS flight simulator.

This is nothing more than Call of Duty in space, you don't even get free look with the VR headset but instead it's used to track your lock-on weapon systems. That's not to say that the game may be fun but if you're expecting "Freespace" type game ... not exactly.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
37. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 19:39 DangerDog

I've heard that Rift is doing exclusives, maybe they'll just be timed exclusives.  

65. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 17:48 DangerDog

Wireless xbox controllers are fine, the main problem is if you let the controller time out from inactivity then you have to exit the game and start it back up again to re-detect the controller - or at least that has been my experience with the xbox360 wireless.  

61. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 17:12 DangerDog

NKD wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 16:28:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 16:22:
They need to pay for those "free" rifts to the original backers somehow.

According to shit they said on Twitter they aren't even profiting on the hardware at $599. They must have some serious manufacturing cost issues going.

Will be interesting to see how much they are eating when the financials come out.

All those DK2 units are flooding onto Ebay, the original backers are the ones who quite literally get to eat their cake and keep it too.

At $599 and they're not turning a profit at all, I would really like to see a breakdown on the manufacturing cost. Perhaps they're figuring in the software development cost plus there's going to be a loss of profit for warranty repair which I'm guessing is standard one year?

55. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 16:22 DangerDog

They need to pay for those "free" rifts to the original backers somehow.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
35. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 16:03 DangerDog

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 15:23:
The HTC Vive is looking much better. The new version now has a camera on the front and allows you to see the environment around you, which is the killer feature. The updated controllers look dramatically better as well.

I really hope the HTC Vive comes in at a sensible price, as I'd much rather support HTC than a company like Facebook.

Didn't HTC say that they'll be released initially in limited quantity, I would expect prices to be $1000 for the full-meal-deal.

48. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 15:59 DangerDog

The drug companies need to get in on this action.

"Ask your doctor about VR motion sickness drug Riftmax, don't let a little motion sickness get in the way of your VR experience"*

*if you experience any of the following symptoms be sure to talk to your doctor: Headaches, Flushing in the face, neck, or chest, Upset stomach, indigestion, Abnormal vision, Nasal congestion, Back pain,
Muscular pain or tenderness, Dizziness, Rash, Diarrhea, Ringing in ears or hearing loss, Chest pain or irregular heartbeat, Shortness of breath, Lightheadedness, Swelling in the hands, ankles, and feet, Stroke, Painful erection that or lasts for more than four hours.

5797 Comments. 290 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo