Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5796 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Arena Launches
10. Re: Elite Dangerous Arena Launches Feb 16, 2016, 15:04 DangerDog

I wonder when the racing module is coming out  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Feb 16, 2016, 03:12 DangerDog

clint wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 22:55:
I found it easily worth it. It is a adventure game, just in first person. Go from area to area, look at the prettys, click on things to get the descriptions and get lots of cool story and character. Tell Tale games are not that much different, same as old school adventure games. I got alot more enjoyment out of this than most games or movies and activities for same or more cost.

I actually dont get the dilemma. Its not like its a boring Call of duty campaign for 3 times the cost for the same time. I do not get it.

It's not an adventure game, it's a three hour, linear, barely interactive - and I use that term extremely generously - walk simulator set to a backdrop of audio recordings to give you at least some sense of story. It's not my fault these guys spent two or three years crammed into a small space making this turkey.

You're never once challenged with using anything you find in the environment in a creative way at all. I would sit these guys down and force them to all to play the original infocom text adventures, or at the very least the original Sierra titles with a text parser.

You don't have to tell me about how games are getting dumbed-down but this takes the cake.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Free DLC
7. Re: American Truck Simulator Free DLC Feb 16, 2016, 02:54 DangerDog

Kxmode wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 00:21:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 21:24:
The concept for an American Truck Simulator isn't a bad idea but not this soft-core rated G game.

It would take someone like Rockstar to inject some cold hard reality into this idea, with the usual demented humor of course.

Truck driving is an honorable, law-abiding profession. Keep that playground smut in GTA where it belongs.

oh please, I want to simulate "The Duel" that shit is straight up documentary material.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Free DLC
3. Re: American Truck Simulator Free DLC Feb 15, 2016, 21:24 DangerDog

The concept for an American Truck Simulator isn't a bad idea but not this soft-core rated G game.

It would take someone like Rockstar to inject some cold hard reality into this idea, with the usual demented humor of course.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Feb 15, 2016, 21:19 DangerDog

Maybe I'm wrong but that whole thing over the Firewatch refund was an inside PR move.

game is not worth $20

it's debatable if it's even a game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2016, 18:26 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 13:29:
PHJF wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 10:36:
Deadpool opens to $135,000,000 domestic, crushing the previous R-rated record set by Matrix Reloaded over ten years ago.
Wait, I thought you could only make money in the movie biZ by marketing to 13 year olds. Certainly it was a typo.

I doubt any 13 year old willing to drop $20 to see the movie was turned away from the box office.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 15, 2016, 18:03 DangerDog

Next up we have the Family Hub toilet, send tweets and upload pictures directly to facebook.

News Comments > Hitman GO: Definitive Edition Next Week
4. Re: Hitman GO: Definitive Edition Next Week Feb 15, 2016, 15:29 DangerDog

More like Hitman NO Edition

mobile games in my steam library, over my dead body.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Interviews Feb 15, 2016, 02:45 DangerDog

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 20:07:
Slick wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 14:22:
it's not hard to understand, i can summarize the problem with one line:

"the xbox can't retain 2 totally different parts of the city in it's memory, let alone process them at the same time without exploding"

Why call out the Xbox on this? The ps4 is only marginally more powerful, and they have the same amount of ram. Neither system was a powerhouse, ever, which is the first time in console history. If they put in split screen, the game would look no better than if it'd been made single-screen for the 360/PS3.

I'm more disappointed that Ubi admitted they held back the PC version visually, so that the consoles didn't look woefully outdated already. That pulled this game from a "let's see about getting my buddies to buy it with me within the first couple weeks" to "maybe in a few months or so". At $30 or lower. I didn't build a monster just to have it run games built for a netbook.

The visuals on the PC version are fine, gameplay over graphics. The problem is that most people can't get past the arcade shooter gameplay, it's a very casual affair even though the story is worthy of hard core survival roll play.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 14, 2016, 18:36 DangerDog

Seems like for a major upgrade to the architecture you're going to be throwing away a lot of those lego bricks. For the really cutting edge stuff you're right back to the problem with heat dissipation.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 14, 2016, 16:31 DangerDog

Can't you just go the unrecommended way and remove the telemetry service from your system, there's even a way to stop Cortana from running by renaming the executable between stopping it from taskmanager, you have to be quick because it'll autostart again.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 14, 2016, 15:37 DangerDog

But PC's are dead  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 14, 2016, 15:35 DangerDog

A fool and his money are soon parted.

esports lol

News Comments > On E3 Live Gameplay Demos
2. Re: On E3 Live Gameplay Demos Feb 13, 2016, 13:40 DangerDog

To quote Hillary Clinton "What difference does it make!!"

I don't know about Ghost Recon Future Soldier but if there were awards being handed out for fakeist E3 demo I thing Randy Pitchford would take top honors for Aliens Colonial Marines.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 12, 2016, 21:19 DangerDog

At least you can still change them yourself even if you have to dig deeper than the surface menus.

I'd like to see someone attempt any type of circumvention to google spying on you with an android phone or tablet etc.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers
16. Re: Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers Feb 12, 2016, 15:20 DangerDog

They call this the "misery loves company" package.  

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
27. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 12, 2016, 15:19 DangerDog

Hilarious, and PC gamers will complain about the Windows 10 exclusivity and that it'll only be available through the MS Store.

Microsoft just can't win.

News Comments > The Solus Project Video Diary
4. Re: The Solus Project Video Diary Feb 11, 2016, 16:51 DangerDog

I'm thinking in terms of all those promised planets for Star Citizen which should by now be fleshed out into mini games like this, or even just a fraction of what this game has.

News Comments > The Solus Project Video Diary
1. Re: The Solus Project Video Diary Feb 11, 2016, 15:55 DangerDog

Small team of 5 to 10 people working on it since 2013, meanwhile a game like Star Citizen can't even muster 1/10 the amount of game play with hundreds of people and tens of millions of dollars.

News Comments > Hatred Developer's New Greenlight
14. Re: Hatred Developer's New Greenlight Feb 11, 2016, 15:38 DangerDog

Why would anyone be getting their panties in a wad over this game, you're not shooting poor helpless refugees Rolleyes this is the same scenario played out in call of duty games - well until they went all politically correct and you don't shoot at arab speaking soldiers anymore.  

5796 Comments. 290 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo