Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6142 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2017, 20:36 DangerDog

now that's how you lay down a chemtrail.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
48. Re: removed Nov 17, 2017, 17:22 DangerDog

NKD wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 17:18:
Look at these REMOVED posts. Special snowflake DangerDog can't handle his opinion being criticised and has to get it removed. Just like his hero Donald Trump. Grow a pair, Cletus.

Hello friend,

I really like your PC Master Race avatar

thumbs up and high five!

43. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 17:01 DangerDog

They also didn't have a "buy me now" button for booster packs in Battlefield 3.

I think there's one in Battlefield 1 but it's buried in the menus.

41. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 16:53 DangerDog

Devinoch wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 16:11:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 15:30:
They do push the feminism SJW issue quite a bit, so many female stromtroopers it's actually laughable. They even got lazy and used female soldier voice files for male rebel soldier models. They didn't even do that good of a job on the voices, I didn't hear one "Stop rebel scum!"

Misogyny on demand. Comments sections never disappoint.

Social Justice Star Warrior detected.

I don't have any problem with playing as a female, despite the bad writing for her. Grows up worshiping the Empire, defending the emperor building the second Death Star but grows a conscious when the Empire gives some scorched earth order 66 to her. And that sounds way more interesting than what's in the game.

Okay maybe one or two female voiced stormtroopers but they over did the female to male ratio by at least 3 to 1. It just sounds out of place.

31. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 15:30 DangerDog

Can we talk about the Single Player?

They only gave a half ass attempt at making a single player campaign, you have a couple of linear story driven missions and then a bunch of one off missions where you get to play as a "hero" character from the movies. These are just really small arena like sections, most of the maps are just re-purposed multiplayer maps with a slight change here and there.

I suppose they were doing fan service by letting you play as luke, han, leia, lando etc but to call it a story driven campaign is a stretch.

They do push the feminism SJW issue quite a bit, so many female stromtroopers it's actually laughable. They even got lazy and used female soldier voice files for male rebel soldier models. They didn't even do that good of a job on the voices, I didn't hear one "Stop rebel scum!"

It's like Disney is in this odd state of turmoil where they don't want to have the bad guys be really evil. It all has to play out where when you see Darth Vader in a Disneyland parade you have little kids cheer.

It's full on Star Wars Call of Duty gameplay, not quite as heavy handed as the quicktime laden games that Activision makes but extremely linear and completely scripted.

Since most of the maps are just duplicates of muliplayer assets you don't really get any sense of being in spaces that are unique or taking you somewhere interesting. Inside the refueling station in Dark Forces II or some massive junk yard like in Shadows of the Empire. Everything looks rather "bolt on" and not at all like previous single player Star Wars games.

The only part that really looks good is the starship combat, and Criterion did the leg work on that. It's still no X-Wing vs Tie Fighter but as an arcade Star Wars game mode it seems to be a solid design.

24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 14:31 DangerDog

Disney doesn't want this to overshadow their new Star Wars movie, simple as that.

Everyone knows the real money is in selling Star Wars action figures and a billion other movie tie in products. I've read stories that retailers still haven't cleared out merchandise from the last movie. Some of the stuff they made looked like really dumb decisions.

What if this anger towards a Star Wars video game spilled over into not selling toys and movie tickets.

Disney doesn't have any problem with gouging people, they just like to do it more clandestinely.

http://mashable.com/2017/11/01/star-wars-last-jedi-theaters-disney/#7v0EzvqQ4OqL

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 13:34 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 13:20:
Now that it's released, can someone who is playing this comment on how fully bots are implemented? Every game type?

The only bot mode is Arcade, and they're just really small hoard survival games. Think Missions from the 2015 one.

Don't expect any sort of challenge from the AI in the single player campaign, raising the difficulty just turns up the bullet sponge effect.

They'e only hinted that other modes will get bot support in 2018, but you have to understand they don't want you playing offline. They need people playing the online portion in grind mode to keep it alive otherwise they can't sell you "booster packs" and if people start reporting the online portion of the game is dead then the only thing left to sell the game is the single player campaign which is just "OK" at best.

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 13:28 DangerDog

They're just taking it offline to "tweak" it, sounds like they're going to remove the slot machine mechanic of getting star cards and instead changing it to the old system of "boost packs" that you can by with your credit card, they call this "Accelerated Experience" lol got to love marketing speak.

People still get pissed off about that though, as if sitting on your butt playing a game for endless hours is a brag worthy achievement. "I earned the ability to be OP over you the hard way mister!"

I doubt they'll change the XP progression system of not getting rewarded for having a super high KDR. They may make it a little less grindy by reducing prices again and the extremely confusing and off putting battlepoint, crystal, scrap system will most likely remain.

I believe it was a combo of things that led to EA caving on the RNG lootbox system, reddit meltdown along with making too much negative Star Wars news and talk of EU investigating gambling allegations. Disney is no saint, they knew full well what EA was doing with the game and gave their stamp of approval but the stakes are much higher for their new movie and theme parks to let what essentially is another scrap of merchandising to ruin their party. Disney told EA to back down.

Don't worry though EA will get their pound of flesh yet, can't wait to see them go even deeper with microtransations in the next Battlefield game, ammo resupply crate - 1000 rounds for $9.95.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: The FCC just repealed a 42-year-old rule blocking broadcast media mergers. Nov 17, 2017, 02:00 DangerDog

Trask Industries shares just went up  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:42 DangerDog

Most angry Bob Iger is

It wasn't EA that made the decision to turn off the lootcrate money machine.

Earlier today, Electronic Arts chief executive officer Andrew Wilson had a phone call with The Walt Disney Company chief executive Bob Iger about Star Wars: Battlefront II, according to sources familiar with the situation. A few hours after that call, players are finding out that they can no longer make in-game purchases with real money.

The last thing Disney needs is a bunch of negative press around their soon to be released Star Wars movie.

20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:21 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 01:12:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 01:09:
wait till friday when the cheaters show up with their aimbots, I understand that the game doesn't have any anti-cheat on the PC.

not that you really need an aimbot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5QtPhh3hi0

The game really rewards accuracy actually. Just cause there's a powerful sniper ability doesn't break that fact. Headshots are everything. And trying to hit the fucking prequel droids is borderline infuriatingly hard, and feels satisfying when you nail them in the head at range.

Haven't seen any aimbots yet, I'm sure they will show up.

You shouldn't be able to one shot people in their spawn.

AAA map design

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:09 DangerDog

wait till friday when the cheaters show up with their aimbots, I understand that the game doesn't have any anti-cheat on the PC.

not that you really need an aimbot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5QtPhh3hi0

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:01 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 00:37:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 00:30:
The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date

please buy our game, we'll screw you over later.

Isn't it a bit late anyway, all those that already paid to be OP will ruin the experience for new players.

I bought some boxes, because I have disposable income and no dependants, so whatever.

I spent all my scrap on a couple tier 3 passives for the assault kit, and got mostly commons for everything else. Still missing about 70% of any form of card for troopers.

The assault is all I really use, so +13% extra battlepoints, and +10% less cooldown before heath regen kicks in. There's no +HP cards, so one vanguard still kills almost anything, and you still geto +200% battlepoints for playing with your squad, which dwarfs my P2W +13%

So, for anyone who cares about numbers and facts, there you go. I spent money, and I don't have much to show for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7TmXpCJI8s

This is what completely breaks the game, and I'm sure there are a lot of people that have already paid for the in game OP boosts.

It's all about taking advantage of the initial wave of new players that buy the game, these multiplayer games have an extremely short shelf life. More like three months.

That's not a one off example either, there are plenty of others.

They designed the game to be completely unbalanced, when you die you get to see the cards the player has that killed you making you want to use your credit card to buy those lootcrates.

The game is a mess, the lootcrate thing is just the tip of the iceberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkCDEZZqSP4

The whole progression system is trash, the maps are subject to extreme play fatigue, grenade spam everywhere, the shotgun is bullshit letting you run faster AND oneshot kill people. The single player campaign is a massive cop out, you switch sides from Empire to Rebel after four short maps. The whole advertising campaign was centered around playing as the Empire but NOPE. They recycled many of the multiplayer maps as filler where you play as Han or Leia,

Where EA really screwed up is letting people play their game early, the hype train runs out of steam when you can watch others play the game on streams, it exposes all the issues and turns people off.

/preorder canceled.

Enjoy your Star Wars game Slick and may the lootcrates be with you!

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 00:30 DangerDog

The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date

please buy our game, we'll screw you over later.

Isn't it a bit late anyway, all those that already paid to be OP will ruin the experience for new players.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 16, 2017, 14:36 DangerDog

It's pretty easy to play "good cop / bad cop" and fool people, "guys, it's not DICE's fault they just want to make good games, EA is the bad guys forcing them to do this"

news flash, they're one and the same. The lead designer of the game is a marketing guy who got "promoted" to game designer.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 20:22 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:39:
Video highlighting the dev responses that looked promising.

You'd never get that from visiting the reddit, that place is such a cesspool. They downvoted every dev comment into oblivion so it's hard to even find the responses :/

That's nice and all but none of that is going to be relevant, it's pretty easy to make a bold prediction that this game will suffer the same player falloff curve as the last one. The main game mode isn't as deep as say Rush from Bad Company 2. There's some scripted destruction but nothing that's dynamic. People are already backing out of Hoth and not playing it, making something authentic to the cinematic scene doesn't transfer into good gameplay.

I expect them to lower a nerf hammer onto the game, grenades and the shotgun for example. As usual with DICE games they're fun at the start but then they cave to the cry babies and ruin the gameplay.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased
23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased Nov 14, 2017, 03:57 DangerDog

datachasm wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 02:16:
so on the fence...

BF2 is fun and looks amazing, scratches the 2142 itch for me, but awkwardly steps away from Battlefield, as an example land and space battles being separate matches when i think it would be better to have it all together. i guess we would now be on star citizens turf from a technical perspective, and people might even complain if it played more like a skinned Battlefield 1 where you found hero kits on the battlefield and vehicles were spawn points.

what really is odd is stripping out the squad stuff from Battlefield when Star Wars lore is all about squads and groups of friends, a really strange direction that makes no sense, but i guess these changes likely serve their stupid star card system or its an attempt to distance themselves from Battlefield.

if you could cross Dice's Battlefield gameplay with Respawns Titanfall 2 progression and handling of DLC (free to everyone and selling cosmetics) BF2 would easily be a 10/10.

with a leftover giftcard and Prime 20% off preorder im in for $32, a good deal, i guess im just a bit concerned what happens after this shitstorm, will the game expand or contract? not to mention the EA merry-go-round means this game might be redundant in 1 year and Battlefront 3 might be the only one worth owning.

also wanted to mention: some circle jerker on r/starcitizen has a thread going about how thankful he/she is about starcitizen with regards to this debacle, i thought i might mention here: does starcitizen share some of the blame? people sinking $1000's into that game it only makes sense game makers want some of that action, amirite?

I assume you're talking about getting the PC version, I don't think there will be another Battlefront game for quite awhile pretty sure they're focusing on an open world Star Wars game and very little of that is known. Next up is going to be another Battlefield game and one can speculate that it won't be 2143. I would think Bad Company 3 with some cross era WWII mixed with modern.

DICE will never make a Star Wars Battlefield game, the design for Battlefront is all about being casual enough that an 8 year old can play.

Don't expect the player population to remain crazy high for more than three or four months, that seems to be the general lifecycle for many multiplayer games on PC anyway. I wouldn't expect Lawbreakers level of failure.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased Nov 13, 2017, 20:56 DangerDog

ninemil wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 20:07:
Except: EA lowers Battlefront 2 heroes by 75% - also slashes end game reward by 75%.

LOL

EA wants you to savor the game, you've played enough of this mode now go play another.

insert willy wonka you get nothing meme here

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
83. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 19:20 DangerDog

Well good news everyone, EA / DICE have caved.

So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.

6142 Comments. 308 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo