Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5956 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Prey Released
15. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 15:50 DangerDog

Really looking forward to playing this.

when it's 75% off on steam sale

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 4, 2017, 04:35 DangerDog

Your foster parents are dead. Skull  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse May 4, 2017, 04:31 DangerDog

It's starting to look like Wall-E was a documentary.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews May 3, 2017, 04:35 DangerDog

Prey has failure written all over it, the janitor is going to be in charge of fixing bugs after it's released.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 3, 2017, 04:16 DangerDog

Didn't think they would pull the rug out from traditional desktop programs so fast, they still haven't killed things like the control panel completely.

Windows 10 Shit sandwich edition, everyone gets to take a byte.

All schools currently running Windows 10 Pro can receive a free update to Windows 10 S as well.

here's your free downgrade, enjoy!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2017, 04:07 DangerDog

Turns out George Lucas was right all along, the story doesn't matter.

now go out and buy more Disney sanctioned Star Wars crap!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 3, 2017, 04:02 DangerDog

Dear Microsoft, stop thinking you're Apple.

because you're not.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII In November
16. Re: Call of Duty: World War II Announcement Apr 26, 2017, 17:38 DangerDog

Leper wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 15:36:
If they wanted to make another WW2 game, I think they should have done alternative history. Something like the Nazis are invading the US. Germany has been nuked, but only after they've established a strong foothold on the East Coast. Maybe throw the Japanese on the West Coast for good measure (obviously similar to the Man in the High Castle setting).

It seems like having some new settings and a fresh story within the same era would be more interesting than re-hashing the same WW2 setting over and over again. And to be clear I'm not talking about introducing science-fiction, the occult or supernatural elements. Same gameplay, same weapons, fresh story, fresh environments (think WW2 battles in various US landscapes/cities).

But maybe there are a lot of players out there who are too young to have already played a WW2 FPS and that's what they're marketing this towards.

I suppose if you were a wee-lad something like this would be amazing, the rest of us have over played this type of game to death.

I'm not a fan of alt-history spins, I think they should have gone the route of basing it off of real missions but with a twist of fiction, Force 10 from Navarone, Where Eagles Dare, etc type of thing.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored
16. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 25, 2017, 14:42 DangerDog

Darks wrote on Apr 25, 2017, 12:50:
If anything, they should have been working on a movie version of the new Alien movie. I think that could have been really good.

Strongly disagree, so far what Ridley has been doing to the Alien franchise is on the same level that George Lucas did to Star Wars and its prequels, Prometheus is suppose to be a prequel to Alien yet the tech is over the top Star Trek glitzy. I love the retro sci-fi look and feel that this game had, I played it on normal and had more frustrating moments with the "Working Joe" androids than the Alien, but even that I loved because they were believable as unrefined androids built purely for labor tasks.

anyways, the new Alien movie looks more like a remake of the 1979 Alien movie with a bunch of "look what we can do now" special effects.

oh, look a "back burster" instead of a chest burster.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 21, 2017, 05:20 DangerDog

One of my tweaks to Windows 10 must have disabled major updates, still on 10.0.10586

Pretty sure it was this tweaker utility

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10

don't know if it works on newer versions of 10, I still get the minor security updates.

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
22. Re: Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month Apr 18, 2017, 02:51 DangerDog

Soundtrack available wherever 8-track tapes and vinyl records are sold.

I'd probably be into a game like this if it were sci-fi.

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
12. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 16, 2017, 20:17 DangerDog

Bopper wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 17:06:
I wonder how they will monetize without season pass. They will either go cosmetic (I hope) or will lock heroes behind paywalls that you need to grind to unlock, pay individually or buy hero packs.

Well it's a good thing EA walked back on that, they'll probably have some sort of thing where you can play the maps but can't unlock weapons or gain XP while "test driving" the season pass content.

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
3. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 16, 2017, 14:18 DangerDog

I'm sure this will sell a bazillion copies, anyone who doesn't wait one month (or till blackfriday) for the 50% off deep discount is a fool.

I still think Call of Duty will be the go to multiplayer game this year - especially on consoles, hard to resist that WWII vibe.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Apr 15, 2017, 22:12 DangerDog

Yep, you start off as some elite force for the Empire and are switched to the rebels along the way. AVENGE THE EMPEROR!! oh wait, you mean we're the bad guys? how is that possible?

Looks like they're taking another crack at the Hoth battle as well, this time with tauntauns.

all the force awakens content though, give me a barf bag.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2017, 23:26 DangerDog

How do you develop empathy for any of the characters when they're so unlikable. At this point I think you would get a bigger emotional reaction out of audience if you blew up the millennium falcon.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 14:54 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 13:18:
Task wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 11:39:
Predictions that will make it shit:

- no dynamic conquest combat

IT'S NOT BATTLEFIELD

Even Battlefield isn't Battlefield anymore, it sucks that we lost out on BF2143 for this low IQ console fodder.

DICE is adamant about not mixing Battlefield gameplay into Battlefront, to me it would be like mixing peanut butter with chocolate - a totally insane idea.

Got to keep that gameplay mechanic dumbed-down for 12 year old kids.

as for the unknown star wars plot, you start off as an imperial officer (female no less) and after the first two missions you transition to the rebel side after finally seeing the light, they'll probably throw in some force awareness like crap so you end the story holding onto a light saber. It'll take about four hours to complete if you're really slow and don't skip any of the cut scenes, completely on rails "cinematic" gameplay experience.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2017, 15:13 DangerDog

More real than human they say, most women today have more silicon in them than these robots.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2017, 13:32 DangerDog

More money spent trying to protect Mass Effect than on the production of the game itself, game feels like an amateurish attempt at best. The UI is the most laughable poorly designed interface, it's like something from late 90's games  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details
11. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 9, 2017, 00:52 DangerDog

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 23:24:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 23:16:
Player population is pretty low on PC, only way I'd play on console is with mouse and keyboard support.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population

What the hell are you talking about, 35000 is low?? some games I play on PC barely have 1000 people.

off peak there are twice as many on console.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 23:16 DangerDog

Player population is pretty low on PC, only way I'd play on console is with mouse and keyboard support.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population

5956 Comments. 298 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo