Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6533 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse
9. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 15:23 DangerDog

Didn't they add some super weapons with the DLC, I guess that could be considered pay to win if you don't get the DLC. But that's nothing new with online shooters.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 15:14 DangerDog

Probably just a massive blank spot between when she went into the coma and waking up, or one ongoing nightmare. Medically induced comas aside I wouldn't want to exist in a vegetative state for years on end.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video
30. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 25, 2017, 00:27 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 18:40:
I actually enjoyed that hour.... needs tons of polish and optimization, but the base is there, and this 1 hour had more in 1 hour than Elite Dangerous has as entire gameplay.

uh the actual space combat doesn't look even half as good as Elite Dangerous.

The art assets they've made for Star Citizen are top shelf but when actual gameplay starts it looks pretty poorly implemented. I think they've spent too much time creating switches for cockptis that turn lights on and off and not enough on the actual ship to ship combat gameplay mechanics. The first person combat looked like they were using a copy and paste job from crysis.

I did enjoy the Terminator joke and the Roger Wilco cameo.

News Comments > Black Mesa Update; Sale
4. Re: Black Mesa Update; Sale Dec 24, 2017, 15:17 DangerDog

Nobody wants to return to Xen.

nobody.

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
25. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 20, 2017, 23:37 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 19:30:
TANKS?!? WTF

You're welcome

30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 18:26 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 18:12:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 18:02:
The movie is PG 13, so not for little kids. Also it's full of raw emotion and violence. It's probably the most intense Star Wars movie ever made. I thought it was excellent, definitely good enough to overcome a few flaws.
If you like this one then you'll definitely like the next one. Quentin Tarantino just signed on as director.

While that actually might be a good match, JJ Abrams is directing the next Star Wars movie. Quentin would like to do a Star Trek movie.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 18:23 DangerDog

Sorry for the lack of sarcasm tags

Don't you just hate it when you go to argue something wrong with a Star Wars movie and people throw up the hand and say "Star Wars is for little kids".

Of course the whole thing is fantasy but I think people are a little more sophisticated in terms of seeing things that are completely beyond the realm of acceptable fantasy tolerances so as to take you out of the immersion of the universe. There are certain rules, even unwritten rules that you just shouldn't break.

Superman flying through the void of deep space, acceptable. Mary Poppins flying through deep space, not so much.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 15:05 DangerDog

You guys need to understand that Star Wars is for little children, it's not for adults and never has been.

/looks at run time

I'd like to see the six year old kid after spending 2:32 min in a theater, and even better would be the parent that actually thought that would be just fine along with the fried nerves of everyone around them.

As for the reviews, something seems fishy on IMDB when you click on the user reviews you can't find a single 10 yet it's running and 8.1 score.

I can't blame "professional" review critics for fawning over Disney's money machine that they're desperate to prop up, given the recent acquisitions it could mean and end of your carrier if you don't play along nice with the Mouse Empire.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 19:07 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 16:33:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 16:02:
Now it's Russia hacked our election? lol

Before you go all global thermal nuclear war because crooked corrupt Hillary lost, I need to add some creature comforts to my Vault 101 fallout shelter.

Thanks for letting everyone know you're a traitor that hates America and loves Russia. Now we know where you stand. Imagine how they would have treated you during the McCarthy era, you and your treasonous President. Hillary may have been a crook - just like Trump - but at least she wasn't a traitor.

You bet I love Russia, some of the hottest supermodels are Russian. I say we open our borders and let all the Russians in who want to come.

The only red scare I see is from the left in their trumped up charges of Russia hacking the election.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 16:02 DangerDog

Now it's Russia hacked our election? lol

Before you go all global thermal nuclear war because crooked corrupt Hillary lost, I need to add some creature comforts to my Vault 101 fallout shelter.

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Dec 14, 2017, 15:43 DangerDog

I played the co-op maps back when it was under Revive, they were mostly just zombie hoards, fun target practice but not a substitute for actual players.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content
16. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content Dec 14, 2017, 02:10 DangerDog

Retired wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 01:06:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 22:27:
wow, serious price drop

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii-2-pc-origin-cd-key

$38.79

30$ at games deal

It's worth $30 to screw around with, the shooting part is fun and you don't need every card maxed out - the idea of costing thousands of dollars to unlock "everything" before they took out MTX is a bit of a stretch.

They now start every player with crates for all the main soldier classes with enough to get you up and going.

I hated the beta and don't really care for the new direction that Star Wars has taken but it's a decent enough shooter with some pretty amazing visuals.

13. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content Dec 13, 2017, 22:27 DangerDog

wow, serious price drop

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii-2-pc-origin-cd-key

$38.79

7. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content Dec 13, 2017, 15:23 DangerDog

Darth Vader is Luke's father

“Owen, you must hide this baby, at all costs, from Anakin Skywalker.”
“Okay. Should we continue to call him Luke Skywalker?”
“Seems fine.”

News Comments > Battalion 1944 Price Details and Trailer
3. Re: Battalion 1944 Price Details and Trailer Dec 12, 2017, 23:10 DangerDog

rawbelly wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 22:36:
I'm pretty sure I just saw COD2 gameplay

was watching it without sound, then listened to the video and one of the dudes in the clip says "this is the best shooter since cod2"

I wonder if Activision has a patent on the "look and feel" of a cod game?

News Comments > Battalion 1944 Price Details and Trailer
1. Re: Battalion 1944 Price Details and Trailer Dec 12, 2017, 21:14 DangerDog

movement looks like call of duty clone.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked?
10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 17:18 DangerDog

They've already said that the Sci-Fi shooter arena is too congested for them to make BF2143, even though I would really like to have that game over the endless Titanfall games and half-assed attempts at making a "Star Wars not battlefield game".

BFBC3 makes the most sense, even the vietnam/cold war era as they can hit a those "diversity" notes without treading into historical controversy people like to drum up. Black people in my WWI game?

You could easily microtransaction cosmetics in vietnam/cold war era type game as well.

I would have liked the series to have picked up where BFBC2 left off, the Russians invading the US and playing out a Red Dawn type scenario in US maps.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway
5. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway Dec 11, 2017, 21:25 DangerDog

Almost bought this in the last Black Friday sale, saved me a whole $7 and change!  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
4. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 14:35 DangerDog

Looks like a game from ten years ago. They're really impressed with that one destructible building animation they have in the game, it sticks out though when it always looks exactly the same every time.

I mean shouldn't this be the target for actual gameplay in 2018?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC2lsZU_Y4A

News Comments > Jetball Early Access
3. Re: Jetball Early Access Dec 7, 2017, 00:19 DangerDog

Tribes deserves so much more than these "me too" clones. I don't think the children of the phoenix will ever rise again.  

6533 Comments. 327 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo