Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5646 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
96. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 7, 2016, 04:05 DangerDog

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 20:26:
What makes the vive better than rift?

Valve support.

They do have some cool features, their touch controllers look very nice and having that camera means you won't have to take off the headset to see things around you. Room space VR experience could make for some interesting games too.

I suspect it'll be more expensive than the Rift by quite a bit, the "lighthouse" sensors and the touch controllers. Neither HTC nor Oculus have the luxury of discounting the razor and recouping their loss by selling blades. Neither company is going to require royalties for developing games / content for it - as far as I know.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month
6. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month Jan 6, 2016, 21:11 DangerDog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iM31NDkbM8

The VR look seems to control the direction your ship is heading.

yeah, scratched this one off my list as well.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month
4. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month Jan 6, 2016, 21:05 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 20:48:
This bitch better be good. Star Citizen is gonna take ages, Elite: Dangerous is decent but not exactly a space combat sim so it is high time that at least one studio delivers some awesome sauce space action.

This game makes Elite Dangerous look like a hard core DCS flight simulator.

This is nothing more than Call of Duty in space, you don't even get free look with the VR headset but instead it's used to track your lock-on weapon systems. That's not to say that the game may be fun but if you're expecting "Freespace" type game ... not exactly.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
37. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 19:39 DangerDog

I've heard that Rift is doing exclusives, maybe they'll just be timed exclusives.  

65. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 17:48 DangerDog

Wireless xbox controllers are fine, the main problem is if you let the controller time out from inactivity then you have to exit the game and start it back up again to re-detect the controller - or at least that has been my experience with the xbox360 wireless.  

61. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 17:12 DangerDog

NKD wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 16:28:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 16:22:
They need to pay for those "free" rifts to the original backers somehow.

According to shit they said on Twitter they aren't even profiting on the hardware at $599. They must have some serious manufacturing cost issues going.

Will be interesting to see how much they are eating when the financials come out.

All those DK2 units are flooding onto Ebay, the original backers are the ones who quite literally get to eat their cake and keep it too.

At $599 and they're not turning a profit at all, I would really like to see a breakdown on the manufacturing cost. Perhaps they're figuring in the software development cost plus there's going to be a loss of profit for warranty repair which I'm guessing is standard one year?

55. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 16:22 DangerDog

They need to pay for those "free" rifts to the original backers somehow.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
35. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 16:03 DangerDog

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 15:23:
The HTC Vive is looking much better. The new version now has a camera on the front and allows you to see the environment around you, which is the killer feature. The updated controllers look dramatically better as well.

I really hope the HTC Vive comes in at a sensible price, as I'd much rather support HTC than a company like Facebook.

Didn't HTC say that they'll be released initially in limited quantity, I would expect prices to be $1000 for the full-meal-deal.

48. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 15:59 DangerDog

The drug companies need to get in on this action.

"Ask your doctor about VR motion sickness drug Riftmax, don't let a little motion sickness get in the way of your VR experience"*

*if you experience any of the following symptoms be sure to talk to your doctor: Headaches, Flushing in the face, neck, or chest, Upset stomach, indigestion, Abnormal vision, Nasal congestion, Back pain,
Muscular pain or tenderness, Dizziness, Rash, Diarrhea, Ringing in ears or hearing loss, Chest pain or irregular heartbeat, Shortness of breath, Lightheadedness, Swelling in the hands, ankles, and feet, Stroke, Painful erection that or lasts for more than four hours.

42. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 15:32 DangerDog

Never buy version 1.0 of any tech product, and at $600 it really helps with following that advice.

$300-$400 would have been a massive hit, $450 - $500 would have slotted into the "it's expensive but I've got to have one". $600 makes you pause and second guess why you even need VR in the first place.

News Comments > VIVE Pre Changes
1. Re: VIVE Pre Changes Jan 5, 2016, 21:14 DangerDog

That cord though, how do you keep from getting all tangled up in it.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
48. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 5, 2016, 02:27 DangerDog

Ever since DICE released Battlefield Bad Company 2 with on disc DLC people have been convinced that the DLC is completed along with the game, there's no changing their belief on this.

I'm sure they started working on maps for the game's DLC before it was shipped, they also tend to hand off the DLC portion of the game to second tier teams to free up the brain trust of the people who coded the game to work on the next big project (most likely the next Battlefield game).

They've already said a big N O to any space combat so that rules out any Death Star action, should be interesting watching peoples enthusiasm die when they announce more maps for Walker Assault with just slightly different backdrops.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
37. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 5, 2016, 02:18 DangerDog

Way to crush our dreams there Scheherazade.

what's left, roller coaster simulation software?

44. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 18:04 DangerDog

Task wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 16:38:
Shok wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 14:44:
It will be funny this time next year when EA announces Battlefront servers will be turned off....but look at the shiny new game we just came out with! That one lets you play online plus look at all the high ratings it got in the (paid off) press.

Just in time for the new game with TFA DLC for ultimate cash-ins *CHA-CHING*. New StarWarz playable characters include: Poo Digimon, FretfulNumbskull-Trooper87, TrashCompactorPhasma (Special Ability, Get Trash Compacted), OldLeia, MartyrSolo, EmoJacenSolo with special TemperTantram-Mode, and more! Next year, prepare for more paid maps and character DLC with the release of yet another SW films as the franchise becomes epically saturated.

They've already announced no TFA dlc for the game.

12. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 17:04 DangerDog

Rossafur wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 16:52:
I've been jonesing for this to make my return to flight sims (Falcon 4.0 and MechWarrior 2 for the S3 Virge were the first Windows PC games I played way back as a kid) as I'm spending a fortune crashing my RC aircraft over and over, but reading about the 90 FPS it requires has me worried...

I'm still rocking a I-7 2600K @ 3.4GHZ (but smart-clocked or whatever to 4.4GHZ with the ASUS app) for years now, but with 8gb RAM and a GTX 970 I have yet to feel the need to upgrade my CPU... Is this going to be what requires it?

depends on the game of course but some games will undoubtedly require a GTX 980ti.

5. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 16:17 DangerDog

Are the mounted headphones mandatory or can you remove them? They look super cheap and uncomfortable. I'm also wondering about how deep the claws of #Facebook are into the whole experience, mandatory to be logged into Facebook while using it?

1. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 15:14 DangerDog

Do pre-orders come with a "Rift" puke bucket?  

32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 15:10 DangerDog

Shok wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 14:44:
It will be funny this time next year when EA announces Battlefront servers will be turned off....but look at the shiny new game we just came out with! That one lets you play online plus look at all the high ratings it got in the (paid off) press.

Nobody will be left playing the game to care if they turn off the servers on it. They haven't turned off the servers on Medal of Honor from 2010 and that game is dead as dog shit.

Aside from the game not having any space combat they've pretty much blown their wad in terms of cherry picking the fan serviceable parts from the franchise. Making a clone war focused Battlefront game would be extremely narrow niche audience, Force Awakens is too thin on content to transform into a game.

29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 14:35 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 14:22:
If those numbers are true then it is another testament to the sad state of affairs in gaming land. Massive juggernaut that Star Wars merchandising power can still pull.

fixed, the game was 100% fanboy service to the original trilogy and the hype around the new "soft reboot" of the franchise.

Arithon wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 11:42:
That's an over-estimate even based on the numbers sold to retailers.

Everyone I knew who played the Beta on PC has said "it's okay but not worth 50. Wait for a sale".

Me included.

It did go on sale, rather quickly and with pretty low prices. Xbox One version went as low as $30 at the Microsoft Store. On Origin they dropped it down to $39 - and if you took a walk across the border with a VPN you could get it for even less.

For multiplayer FPS fans looking for something new to play you either had COD BO3 which sucked or Star Wars super casual shooter.

News Comments > PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive
12. Re: PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive Jan 3, 2016, 18:20 DangerDog

I doubt it, the game is probably tied into the xbox "app" that comes pre-installed with 10.  

5646 Comments. 283 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo