Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5583 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
19. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 5, 2015, 17:28 DangerDog

Aero wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 17:22:
I have a 970 and when I get around to buying a VR headset, probably the Rift consumer release, I was figuring I could just buy another 970. Splitting it up with one GPU driving each eye seems like logical approach, but I haven't been really paying attention to this stuff much, is such a setup feasible/practical?

probably only if a game is rendering using DirectX 12 and even then it might have to support something like that through special programming.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
15. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 5, 2015, 15:45 DangerDog

Sounds reasonable considering the system specs of SteamVR

SteamVR uses a pair of 1200x1080 pixel displays to offer a wide field of view. The displays refresh at 90 Hz, which is fast enough to do away with most of the motion sickness issues found in earlier, lower refresh VR headsets.

I still prefer TrackIR though.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
24. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 14:51 DangerDog

There's no getting away from needing to transition into your ship without a scripted animation, it's a neat effect the first couple of times but they need to speed up the animation considerably - like getting in your car in GTA V type speed. There should also be a way to bypass the full on walking through your ship to get to the seat on entry and exit.

Neat tech demo but on a whole it's a long, long way from hitting the mark on meeting expectations - unless you've lowered them to "Derek Smart" level of game production quality.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 3, 2015, 14:00 DangerDog

I checked out Samsung's tablet offerings this year and I couldn't believe they released 9.7 tablets with 1024x768 resolution for a premium price, I think they're going for around $360.

Even if it were $100 that resolution is beyond stupid.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 20:41 DangerDog

I know not all of the spyware stuff is app related but it seems like you can avoid most of it by just not using their metro-apps in the first place.  

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
3. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Dec 1, 2015, 21:35 DangerDog

If You Don't Love It, Just Return It!

This game is covered by the Origin Great Game Guarantee: If you don't absolutely love it, we'll give you a full refund.

lol

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
7. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 16:22 DangerDog

I tip my hat to you brave souls who carry the torch for the Red team.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches Dec 1, 2015, 05:02 DangerDog

I purchased the A-10 warthog sim from DCS a long time ago, then I realized what I had actually purchased. Watched a video of the take off procedures, I'm all for detail in sims but this thing is nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huVi6rdPE4I

I split a gut watching this giant bomb video of these guy trying to get off the ground.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Nov 30, 2015, 21:22 DangerDog

Tumbler wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 20:52:
I watched this earlier and it was very disappointing. The only highlight was the corellian corvette as a set piece on the rebel side of the map. That's an amazing looking ship crashed into the ground.

If you strip "Star Wars" out of the game it's extremely generic and you would really grow tired of it fast.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Nov 30, 2015, 20:24 DangerDog

Planet landings in ED are a cool tech demo, not much to explore right now. They need to bring it into a CQC mode where you try to defend one base while attacking your enemy base.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Nov 30, 2015, 20:19 DangerDog

This game is dying a quick death, once you take in the "Star Wars" atmosphere it's pretty much over.

They really fucked up by not making this a Battlefield game with a Star Wars theme, but even that would have failed if they didn't bring some symmetry to the battles by designing Star Wars vehicles with some basic similarity for both sides. They pushed it too hard in the recreation of cinematic scenes, that would be fine for a one off on recreating Hoth but to copy and paste "Walker Assault" into different maps doesn't keep you going back for more.

The Star Wars hype will only carry them so far, after that people will be reluctant to take the plunge even at a discount since the player base will have dried up.

News Comments > Early Patch for Early Just Cause 3
5. Re: Early Patch for Early Just Cause 3 Nov 28, 2015, 23:16 DangerDog

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/just-cause-3-pc-cd-key-steam

$25.99

I purchased COD BO3 from them on the cheap, transaction was smooth.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
17. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 27, 2015, 00:16 DangerDog

Looks better than I expected, played #2 but never touched the first one.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 22:33 DangerDog

Best looking rocks in a game ever!

The promise of additional "free" content might not be enough to keep people interested in the game. It's not just the lack of maps but the shallowness of the gameplay. It needs more progression based modes that almost are like mini episodes of a Star Wars story - especially for co-op modes.

http://swbstats.com/

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Apology
12. Re: PAYDAY 2 Apology Nov 23, 2015, 15:44 DangerDog

#GAMERLIVESMATTER  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 23, 2015, 14:55 DangerDog

Guess he doesn't like multiplayer games, wonder how much they were going to pay him.

I've heard of them, but never bothered to listen to their songs. He sounds like your stereotypical attention whore though.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 23, 2015, 14:52 DangerDog

Jerykk wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 13:35:
Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 11:55:
I many be biased, but there is no way that this shit hole of a game is better then Fallout 4.

Star Wars is a much bigger IP than Fallout. In addition, Battlefront caters specifically to fans of the original films. The nostalgia is strong with this one.

The main reason I picked it up, if it had any clone wars stuff in it I wouldn't have and I'm not all that impressed with the re-imaging of Star Wars in the new movie, the Storm Troopers look like football players.

News Comments > Squad Early Access Next Month
9. Re: Squad Early Access Next Month Nov 21, 2015, 18:31 DangerDog

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_2

project reality mod on unreal engine 4?

It's $30 from their website right now to purchase an early access steam key.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 21, 2015, 05:08 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 01:54:
Might have to do with this.

I'd love to see it fail hard. EA does not deserve success with this shitty game and the even shittier attempt to sell half the game for $60 and the other half for another $50.
What you are getting here for $60 is a complete joke and what you are getting for $50 is even more laughable. The entire content they are (= will be) offering here should be in the original game for $50 flat on the PC ($60 on consoles cuz of the retarded fees).

Unfortunately, the full Episode VII hype (and overpriced ripoff garbage DLC based on movie locations, characters etc.) is yet to come so this piece of shit might still resurface. Let's hope it gets double or triple flushed and stays down in the tubes!

EA has already announced they intend to make more Battlefront games, I don't see them releasing any Force Awakens content for this game - the bonus DLC map is set in the original trilogy era. They'll fill the game with Walker Assault and Supremacy maps set in the OT time period.

I've seen a lot of hackusations in the text chat but I can't say I've seen someone go god mode and kill everyone like in that video. There are so many variation of no skill weapons that lock onto you there's no need to buy cheats for this game.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 21, 2015, 00:30 DangerDog

http://swbstats.com/

big numbers on the PS4, PC will be the first casualty to see people leave the game in mass.

5583 Comments. 280 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo