Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6533 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
3. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 14:55 DangerDog

All those hipsters playing Battlefront II over on reddit

they're going nuts over rumors of DICE adding characters from the prequels like general grievous and Anikin Skywalker, before that incident where he burned himself in some hot lava.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
1. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 14:34 DangerDog

What's fascinating to me about Star Wars is the current generation of fans are more into Clone Wars content from the mangled prequel movies than they are for the Disneyfied new movies.

I would still rate them in best to worst

Original Trillogy
Prequels

Disney crapfest Star Wars

News Comments > Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October
5. Re: Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October Jan 31, 2018, 03:54 DangerDog

Anthem is most likely just going to be a Destiny clone, the main takeaway is people are willing to spend extra money on cosmetics so they're probably adjusting to that microtransaction model.

Some people really trip out on OCD needing to collect it all.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Jan 31, 2018, 03:50 DangerDog

There's plenty to complain about, but at the end of the day I did have some fun with it and put in more hours than I thought I would. It was a solid shooter, was a fun three month romp especially since I bought it on the cheap.

News Comments > EA Financial Results
13. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 31, 2018, 03:45 DangerDog

oh right it was Dude you're getting a Del character.

It wouldn't be so bad if they had just put a little more effort into the AI combat, on the hardest difficulty it should have had at least a few sections that are as challenging as Arcade mode on it's max difficulty setting.

Those mini single player arcade matches from the 2015 game were fun, just put some of those in the single player campaign. To have a setting on Endor and no speeder bike chase was a huge misstep.

It was a patch quilt of fan service moments - play as luke, get to fly the falcon, play as leia etc but it misses the magic of some of the first Star Wars games that Lucasarts made. The cloud city level was so close to giving that sweaty palm dangerous height feel but they bungled it.

10. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 31, 2018, 01:02 DangerDog

Okay so the fault lies with whoever wrote that garbage. It's right up there with the kindergarten level of writing for the new movies.

At least with Hask there was something to pin the switching sides on with Luke saving his life, shame that level was so short with trash gameplay.

8. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 31, 2018, 00:36 DangerDog

Naw, the single player campaign suffered from too much political correctness. They couldn't even let you play as an agent of the Empire for more than two missions before having you switch sides. The reason for switching sides was extremely hamfisted, The Emperors last order is to go full Hitler and execute a scorched earth policy, but instead of doing it to rebel scum they do it to planets loyal to the Empire.

It sort of was pretty to look at as long as you didn't look too close, suffered from bad writing and brain dead AI. They didn't abuse the quicktime event gameplay too badly, so there's that. Most of the levels seemed like bolted on multiplayer training wheels.

News Comments > Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October
3. Re: Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October Jan 31, 2018, 00:24 DangerDog

WWII era? I know they're not making BF2143, too much sci-fi etc.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Jan 31, 2018, 00:21 DangerDog

Seems it was Disney that made the call to push the pause button on selling lootcrates. They're working on replacing the progression system but I'm sure whatever they replace it with will be a grind.

Surprisingly the game is still active, would have expected it to have died by now on the PC.

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
9. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 20:07 DangerDog

Redmask wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 19:41:
Microsoft can't buy Steam, its privately owned and Gabe isn't exactly a fan of their platform direction anymore. That is just speculative crap to be ignored, don't put any credence in it. Why would they buy Valve anyway? Valve can barely make games for its own platform anymore, let alone another.

Does Gabe even give a shit anymore, everything Valve related seems stagnant.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond, Chapter One Beta
3. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond, Chapter One Beta Jan 26, 2018, 02:49 DangerDog

At least they're still building on it, I would have expected them to have dropped the whole thing by now as I think they've reached max earning potential probably long ago.

This will probably be it's last hoorah, I would be shocked if they ever implement atmospheric planet based landings and space legs.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2018, 03:06.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans Jan 25, 2018, 05:11 DangerDog

I don't even care about becoming a hero, I just like to snipe. It's so satisfying in this game.  

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans Jan 24, 2018, 22:07 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 21:40:
It's all garbage.

lol, but in the real world you have to unlock guns by getting kills just like most other shooters. The card system you upgrade/unlock with "crafting parts" which you only earn in small amounts from lootcrates. Now the main complaint is once you've unlocked enough cards you'll start getting duplicates and they only give you a small credit amount, not crafting parts for each duplicate.

That said the idea that you need to get every card in the game maxed out to purple isn't true. I can absolutely see that people would have busted out their credit card if they had left pay 2 win turned on. And with typical DICE game balancing they just nerfed a lot of the things that most people did max out to highest level.

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans Jan 24, 2018, 21:24 DangerDog

Despite all the drama around lootcrates, I found it to be a decent enough game and I'm not even a big fan of Star Wars anymore.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 System Specs
5. Re: Far Cry 5 System Specs Jan 22, 2018, 20:52 DangerDog

Is multiplayer p2p matchmaking? I've never spent any time playing the previous farcry games multiplayer because it's always a subpar experience.  

News Comments > More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit
28. Re: More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Jan 21, 2018, 00:43 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 20, 2018, 23:55:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Jan 20, 2018, 18:35:
Isn't Crytek dead?

Atari isn't even dead dead.

Atari is going to be HUGE in 2049

News Comments > More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit
18. Re: More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Jan 20, 2018, 20:27 DangerDog

Changing the name of CryEngine to StarEngine doesn't give you ownership over CryEngine.

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel
16. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 18:44 DangerDog

They should have petitioned Disney to do it on mobile because Disney holds the rights to make mobile Star Wars games, not EA.

News Comments > Persistent-World Alien Shooter Plans
2. Re: Persistent-World Alien Shooter Plans Jan 17, 2018, 21:42 DangerDog

If it's based on Alien and Aliens it might be cool, the latest movies hardly offer anything worth making a game over.  

6533 Comments. 327 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo