Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6612 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 4, 2018, 00:53 DangerDog

nasimesabz.com

wow, her website is just full of fun stuff.

She only made .10 on 300,000 views? maybe her fans all had adblock turned on.

I know youtube makes their money off of ad revenue but I'd really like to see the spreadsheet on expenses vs profits given the infrastructure needed the host ungodly amount of videos with more added every hour, never mind the bandwidth used.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 17:01 DangerDog

Quboid wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 16:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 13:50:
Quboid wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 12:50:
I call bullshit, Blue watched the finale. He said it should be called Lovers.

Because heaven forbid I actually remember useful stuff...
After some sleuthing; I didn't see anything in the forums but he did say this on May 7, 2004 in OOTB on the day after the finale.
Funny, after my comment about Friends yesterday, MrsBlue came home determined to check it out for the precise reason that we had never seen it before. This mirrored her experience with Seinfeld, a show I always enjoyed, but she likewise never saw until the finale. Now I can't figure out why this show was called Friends and not Lovers, in as much as they all seem to have hooked up with each other over the course of time.

That was 14 years ago? And I can't remember someone's name 5 minutes after they tell me!

Where did I put my car keys and why isn't my cell phone where I thought I left it.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 15:38 DangerDog

Pigeon wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 14:48:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 13:50:
Quboid wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 12:50:
I call bullshit, Blue watched the finale. He said it should be called Lovers.

Because heaven forbid I actually remember useful stuff...
After some sleuthing; I didn't see anything in the forums but he did say this on May 7, 2004 in OOTB on the day after the finale.
Funny, after my comment about Friends yesterday, MrsBlue came home determined to check it out for the precise reason that we had never seen it before. This mirrored her experience with Seinfeld, a show I always enjoyed, but she likewise never saw until the finale. Now I can't figure out why this show was called Friends and not Lovers, in as much as they all seem to have hooked up with each other over the course of time.

Uhoh, Blue's getting a pants on fire rating over at politifacts

Omg Blue's fake news now! Rotfl

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 3, 2018, 15:33 DangerDog

And to think Mark Faceberg was actually thinking of running for President just a few months ago.

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
31. Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 3, 2018, 01:11 DangerDog

Maybe by 2020 Microsoft will kill off the desktop portion of Windows, I think they'll start locking it behind a "Pro version" paywall, kind of like Windows S they wanted to push.

Don't have the urge to switch right now though.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2018, 19:18 DangerDog

yep, I have to do that on the Samsung, it also lowers to 4:2:2 which is actually no big deal. forgetting to switch it though and wondering why the controls feel like you're moving through quicksand is always fun.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2018, 17:29 DangerDog

40" Samsung 4k TV is by far the best investment I've made, you do need a beast of a graphics card to play games on it. I don't mind turning graphics from ultra to high or even medium for some things. Just too bad you can't get one stripped of all the bullshit filters and effects, I just want as low ms response time as possible without spending an insane amount of money on a 40" monitor.

You should have a deep desk unless you mount it flush to a wall.

Desk is 31.5"

TV on the stand brings it flush at 9" from the back.

view distance is around 36"

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
17. Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 2, 2018, 15:17 DangerDog

Valve should have thrown their influence and power behind propping up Linux as a viable game platform, not forking it into an amalgamation of yet another closed console system.

I know some companies have braved financial ruin to try to prop up gaming on Linux but they'll never get there until someone provides a reason to throw off the yoke of Microsoft. If Adobe ported their products to Linux that would be a huge step towards that goal.

I don't think the Linux community is open to the idea of making it more user friendly though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2018, 15:44 DangerDog

Almost all of the ubisoft games are formulaic with their gameplay mechanics, it's mostly the setting and the story/dialog that sets them apart.

I feel like after I've watched a couple of youtube clips from this game that I've played this already.

I wish Red Dead Redemption 2 was making its way to PC, I'd rather play a western shooter than this one.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2018, 20:36 DangerDog

I just love clips like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWLjYJ4BzvI

Conan O'Brien did one of these, back in his days of being an off-script reckless comedian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALYGL4fnnPc&feature=youtu.be&t=78

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 31, 2018, 19:12 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 18:35:
Insurance is not the issue https://www.uber.com/drive/insurance/

cool, thanks for the link. I assumed it was like pizza delivery where sometimes they're not covered and sometimes they are.

This provides liability coverage for drivers while they use their own cars to deliver pizzas. This is important because most personal auto policies will not cover an accident your driver causes while driving a personal car for business purposes.

they thought of everything, except uber drivers raping women but other than that it seems like a good service.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 31, 2018, 16:40 DangerDog

It's fun watching liberals come to the defense of large corporations that don't pay taxes.

a few are woke though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM9U6MA_xdQ

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 31, 2018, 16:16 DangerDog

How about Uber shutting down it's service, period. These people thinking they have a job doing this need to sit down and itemize their expenses vs profits, most don't even make minimum wage and some aren't even making anything at all.

If that isn't enough, better read through your auto insurance plan, most don't cover you if you use your car for work related tasks.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 31, 2018, 15:27 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 14:39:
Could FB really collapse as spectacularly as MySpace?

baby steps, I hope someone shines a light on the fact that FB comes burned into all phone OS's and you can't uninstall that shit - without rooting your phone.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 31, 2018, 05:10 DangerDog

Space X is going to make that opening sequence to Wall-E a reality.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Teachers weigh in on Apple’s push for more iPads in school. Mar 30, 2018, 15:46 DangerDog

Between Apple's Ipad and Google chromebooks, how about none of the above and just use raspberry pi's hooked up to some inexpensive monitors.

K through 4 shouldn't even be using tech, flash cards and physical books are good enough.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 30, 2018, 15:36 DangerDog

They haven't even gotten out of the testing phase and they're already looking at ways to cut costs on self driving cars, they shouldn't be testing these cars in public anyway. It should all be done in simulations and on closed testing courses.

News Comments > Get Spec Ops: The Line for Free
5. Re: Get Spec Ops: The Line for Free Mar 30, 2018, 00:42 DangerDog

ItBurn wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 23:13:
One of the worst games I've ever played. I'd rather play E.T. on the Atari.

That good eh? Well now I have to play this thing. lol

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 29, 2018, 16:27 DangerDog

WaltC wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 14:17:
So Amazon pays what the U.S. Post Office asks and Trump finds a problem with that? He'd rather the US Postal service not get that additional income from Amazon? Trump is obviously working with older information about this.

http://fortune.com/2017/07/16/amazon-postal-service-subsidy/

According the Sandbulte, Congress has barred USPS from setting its parcel prices below its costs, to keep it from unfairly undercutting competitors like FedEx and UPS. But the formula for calculating those costs, set in 2006, hasn’t kept pace as packages have come to make up a higher and higher percentage of USPS volume. The law set the share of infrastructure costs associated with packages at 5.5%, but boxes now make up around 25% of Postal Service revenue.

Bezos isn't playing by the rules of "business", think of all those university classes where they teach complex formulas for how much you need to charge for x product to make y profit.

He threw all that out the window and said "I'll sell everything for 5% net".

Bezos is really good at working the system. Amazon doesn't pay taxes, has his employees take food stamps and other benefits, gets sweetheart deals wherever he puts his distribution warehouses or headquarters.

He's more Dr. Evil than Santa Claus

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2018, 15:33 DangerDog

It's not just about skirting the sales tax revenue.

http://www.newsweek.com/jeff-bezos-amazon-employees-food-stamps-782714

Amazon employs over 6,000 workers in the state, according to the report that looked at data from August 2017. In that month alone, 700 workers received benefits, meaning that one in every 10 of those locals were beneficiaries of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). The report revealed that Amazon warehouses also receive significant state and local subsidies.

And then there was this gem

Amazon $2 billion tax break

broke ass illinois handing out $2 billion tax breaks to Amazon if they put their headquarters there.

6612 Comments. 331 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo