Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5944 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
43. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 16:11 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 15:36:
VaranDragon wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 14:30:
nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 09:39:
AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

I'll let you guys know how awesome it is!

I'm sure it will be, but it's Rockstar's loss ultimatively.

Is it?

They're the ones with the full knowledge of how much it would take to build, test, market and launch the game for the PC at the same time as consoles, as well as with a strong understanding of how much money they'd make for having done that.

This is just a small group of PC gamers going "well, they won't get my $60."

I'd wager it's more the loss of people who only game on one platform than anything else.

What year is it?

Consoles are PC's, they're developing the game on PC's for low-end PC's (today's consoles).

the only thing they're skipping out on is needing to test the game on different PC specifications, something which modern development tools are quite capable of performing software analysis on.

This is a bean counter maneuver, why sell just one copy when a lot of those console people will buy a second copy on the PC platform.

Rockstar: Making Console Gaming Great Again

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. WikiLeaks says Assange's Internet link was severed by 'state party.' Oct 17, 2016, 15:12 DangerDog

Just Hillary having a practice run at cutting internet on anyone with dissenting views over her.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2016, 18:30 DangerDog

Why does anyone want to go to mars? It's a rock. No indigenous life...

except for that gateway to hell thing, I don't get it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 01:30 DangerDog

BobBob wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 17:45:
Grr ..

So eBay has a 100% guarantee, but wait, stop ... not so fast. Seller sends me wrong item. I message seller. No response. I request return. Seller sends me a return label. Zero communication. No apology. Nothing.

I call eBay .. So basically, not only did I get the wrong item, in order to get my money back, I must get a new envelope, tape it up, drive to the post office (costing time and gas money) and then return it myself. Their suggestion is to leave the seller feedback. That's it? No credit for loss of money - gas and envelope - and inconvenience?

Never again ... Going to use Amazon or a direct online store -- with a solid customer service reputation -- in the future.

Just had an incident on ebay, purchased what looked like a brand new unopened WD external hard drive, shrink wrapped and everything. Inside someone had swapped the hard drive out with a used drive that looked like it came from a mac. Requested return and seller provided return label, boxed it up and took it to the post office and the next day the seller refunded me the money.

I usually stick with named vendors like newegg when buying computer parts off of ebay, got lucky but lesson learned.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer
17. Re: Star Citizen Trailer Oct 13, 2016, 22:33 DangerDog

Oh man, look at those graphics

PREORDERED!!

seriously though they do make some cool looking videos

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 13, 2016, 22:28 DangerDog

This is quite the screw up by Samsung but I don't want to see them go under because of it. My computer is probably 30% samsung at this point, monitor, ssd drives, memory, laser printer. I also have a Samsung Tablet that is pretty nice.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout Oct 12, 2016, 16:23 DangerDog

They need to release training videos for how the multiplayer works, in Rush you had this ability to call in artillery if the defending team "used" the telegraph "mcom" but apparently you have to spot enemy soldiers in order for it to work.

never saw one artillery barrage in RUSH because nobody knew how to use it.

I guess the biggest dust up is that clans can no longer rent their own server, some are speculating that EA/DICE are doing this because of "badadmin" abuse which is a real thing. Join a server and get moved to the opposite side while a gang of people using organized commands through teamspeak pummels the n00bs. I'm not a fan of scripts that limit kits or imposes rules like no explosives. Downside is there won't be any way to boot cheaters from games, no increased ticket servers etc.

They've also ditched punkbuster, probably a good thing as it never really stopped cheaters.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition
3. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition Oct 10, 2016, 19:33 DangerDog

and it'll probably break all the enhancement mods that make the game look 10x better than their attempt at improved graphics.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 14:39 DangerDog

descender wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 13:44:
Having access to the internet be determined by private corporations has been an absolute disaster. We pay a ridiculous amount of money for internet access compared to the rest of the world and the lack of industry regulation is a large reason for that. The internet should absolutely be treated as a public utility. This would guarantee service connections to all citizens and properties, just like we do for power/water. It would also give you the freedom to choose what content providers and gateway services you actually want to pay for and use rather than being locked into whichever one company happens to provide the service in your area. Breaking up those monopolies and putting the control of the internet infrastructure back into the hands of the people is extremely important.

The government is just people. It is not naturally corrupt, inefficient or incompetent. If you want better government then elect better people. If you want better policies then elect better people. Show up to a midterm election. Be an informed voter and vote for your local officials. If you only show up to vote for the president every 4 years (or worse yet, don't even shoe up for that), you have absolutely no right to whine about how corrupt and inefficient the government is. You are not actively participating in its creation.

Electing a person who has "no plan" and no clue whatsoever about... basically anything? That's a fucking horrible idea. Every job in the world has qualifications and requirements for a reason... you would never EVER consider hiring someone to do a job the way people are suggesting that we elect the president.

This is her "public" plan, what's her private plan?

I can imagine in private conversations with her telecom backers her people are wheeling and dealing to bring about an end to any form of free speech on the internet, a drone strike on Wikileaks would be just a start.

It doesn't take much brain power to read between the lines of her "public" plan either, raise taxes on people paying for their broadband connection so that she can give "free" internet to so called underprivileged people.

Hillary Clinton is the gold star winner of corporate crony government with her pay to play schemes. Until we do something about getting the lobbyists out of the system completely, nothing is going to change.

As for the debate all I heard from her is war drums beating over wanting to attack Russia, her and all of the so called "never trump" republicans (RINOS) are backing her because she'll follow the neocon script to take out Putin.

Nothing that comes out of Hillary's mouth is her own thought, it all comes from three letter organizations that are in the real seat of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba9wxl1Dmas

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
13. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 6, 2016, 23:48 DangerDog

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:06:
I pre-ordered it and I don't regret it. I always expect issues on release on any game. Mafia II was no different and that got ironed out in to a solid game. As I want to continue seeing Mafia games, I support their efforts.

I'll see tomorrow how it runs on my systems and go from there. If it needs a couple of patches, I go back to playing KSP.

I predict it's going to run at 30fps

ha ha

one mans trash is another mans treasure, hope you have fun

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2016, 16:08 DangerDog

Mafia 3 looks like trash on so many levels.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 5, 2016, 16:38 DangerDog

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

seems to be the most popular HDTV for PC monitor and gaming, the input lag is pretty bad on most of them but this one is like 20ms but you have to drop the image quality to 4:4:2 for "gaming mode", true HDR is only available on 10bit displays and come at a premium price right now.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 5, 2016, 03:19 DangerDog

..and Groundhog Day  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Internet handover is go-go-go! ICANN to take IANA from US govt. Oct 1, 2016, 18:02 DangerDog

/thanks obama  

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
15. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 16:11 DangerDog

Poor them, rest in piss  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Gameplay Footage
2. Re: Titanfall 2 Gameplay Footage Sep 30, 2016, 14:06 DangerDog

Pushing that "modified" source engine for all it's worth, which isn't much from the look of it. (oh DICE how you've spoiled me with Photogrammetry and the Frostbite Engine graphics)

too bad they can't make it look 1/10th as good as their live action hybrid 3d rendered trailer.

https://youtu.be/7i1ylWxKJjA?t=2007

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2016, 14:16.

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor
3. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Sep 29, 2016, 19:48 DangerDog

They keep blaming overwatch but they can't be self reflective and just admit their game sucks.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch
8. Re: Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch Sep 29, 2016, 18:56 DangerDog

Jackplug wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 17:45:
Lets bring back Tribes 1

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436320913

eh, I wouldn't call it "Tribes 1" but it's tribes like

News Comments > Battleborn AMA & Livestream
1. Re: Battleborn AMA & Livestream Sep 29, 2016, 05:45 DangerDog

I'll take "Video Games I'll never play" for 400.

Maybe they'll make another Brother in Arms game, not that crappy Furious 4 (thankfully canceled) piece of crap either.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
20. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 05:36 DangerDog

Numinar wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 00:21:
If this lawsuit sticks then there will be no marketing for games until a few months before release.

A lot of stuff gets cut real late, when you realise that a feature just can't be optimised or QA'd properly before release.

I'm pissed at NMS as well, though I believe everything they showed in the game was in it at some stage and possibly they even believed would ship. But time is a cruel mistress and you have to decide to ship late or cut, and they were already super late, maybe even running out of money. Those sandworms and dinosaurs seemed awesome in the trailers, but what can you do.

It's not a lawsuit.

Hello Games is still using bullshit E3 footage "this is what we hope to make" video clips to advertise the game on NMS Steam page.

This isn't a case of cutting content, you would first have to make the content in order to cut it.

5944 Comments. 298 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo