Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5648 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > SteamVR Desktop Theater Testing
8. Re: SteamVR Desktop Theater Testing Mar 14, 2016, 02:55 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 21:46:
Are they stating what size the screen will feel like in this mode?

I think this isn't a virtual cinema but a program that renders traditional games into paired stereo screens for VR headsets. The problem is with almost all games you don't have freelook or head tracking separate from your body - it makes for a less than optimal VR experience, also games with huds will probably be difficult to read.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront: Outer Rim Next Month
1. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront: Outer Rim Next Month Mar 12, 2016, 15:52 DangerDog

Other than being a showcase for the Frostbyte engine this game was such a lazy effort on behalf of DICE.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
11. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Mar 12, 2016, 04:42 DangerDog

Judging from youtube videos what this game needs is a patch to make the AI not appear to be functionally brain dead.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance|
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance| Mar 11, 2016, 14:54 DangerDog

People still use internet explorer?

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 00:17 DangerDog

On one hand, good for Massive - on the other hand they'll probably want to push this out as a yearly title. I don't know if that'll work out for them.  

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
5. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 9, 2016, 21:49 DangerDog

come on, open beta this game!  

News Comments > The Division Tips
26. Re: The Division Tips Mar 9, 2016, 20:37 DangerDog

[url=http://www.pcgamesn.com/uplays-new-update-lets-you-import-your-steam-friends-and-introduces-the-ubisoft-club[/url]

The best new feature, though, is how you can link Uplay to your Steam account and import your Steam friends who have done the same. Now you just need to convince your friends to do that.

News Comments > Beacon Announced
8. Re: Beacon Announced Mar 9, 2016, 17:43 DangerDog

First 30 seconds were pretty cool, then it turned into top down tron.  

18. Re: The Division Tips Mar 9, 2016, 15:59 DangerDog

Darks wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 15:51:

Hell, at one point you could have gotten the game from GMG for 33 dollars.

getting a deep discount is my main reason for pre-ordering, sure the price will drop eventually but they spike at release and take a few months to drop again.

This game is pretty much region free, you just have to avoid Asian and Russian keys. Buying from places like Brazil offers the deepest discount but you have to do extra work to "game the system".

16. Re: The Division Tips Mar 9, 2016, 15:53 DangerDog

Frijoles wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 10:52:
I'm really enjoying it as well. However, at level 7, I'm still using the starter weapons (although modded). I can't seem to find anything that increases the DPS over them. I should probably head to the DZ, but dammit, I want to improve the base! I suppose I could .. *gasp* .. buy a weapon from the vendor instead of waiting until one drops.

Now if I only had more time to play.

don't sell your gear/weapons to vendors, recycle it and use the materials at the crafting station. You can convert green materials into blue etc.

14. Re: The Division Tips Mar 9, 2016, 15:50 DangerDog

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 12:32:
It's not getting great reviews on STEAM (mixed), not that is the be-all-end-all, but makes me hesitant to pull the trigger to drop $60 on it right now. Hopefully they'll have a free weekend trial at some point.

Sounds like most of you are having fun though!

That's the trick, don't pay full retail for games. Buying it on Steam offers no benefits as you still need to install uplay client.

You can buy the game for around $40 from many of the cd key e-stores.

[url=http://www.dealzon.com/deals/cheap-the-division#tom-clancys-the-division-pc-download[/url]

News Comments > Valve on Virtual Reality
1. Re: Valve on Virtual Reality Mar 8, 2016, 18:42 DangerDog

It all sounds so exciting until you realize the VR experience is mostly an exercise in how long you can stand having a hot, heavy headset strapped to your head.

The effect of being able to fully immerse into a 3d world is cool but not for the length of time I spend in most games, several hours at a time.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
12. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 8, 2016, 15:31 DangerDog

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 14:16:
So i watched some twitch during beta of this..

Still don't fully get what the game is about.

So Destiny but in New York with different items basically?

What's "end game"? Is this mostly PVP based?

Why did that video trailer just tell me it was a huge hype piece of shit? (that was my impression, i fucking hate shit strung together trailers)

Think Borderlands but in third person with reality based setting and authentic looking weapons.

It's not an MMO, it's very light RPG. You don't have to choose a character class and stick with it the whole game, you can respec your skills at any time.

There's PvP in the game but there's no game winning event, you can team up with three other players or go solo and take on NPC's as well as other players in a sectioned off area on the map called the "Dark Zone". Gear you find in this mode has to be extracted before you can keep it. At the extraction zone a helicopter is called in and you attach a bag onto a drop line, other players can kill you and pick up your loot.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2016, 21:33 DangerDog

If microsoft wants to sandbox something they should start with the web browser, it should be easy as clicking a button to purge all content from your browser and all the files accumulated from browsing the web should be sandboxed.

They seem unwilling to do that, maybe because they want to data mine those files.

News Comments > Valve Teases Free VR Experiments in The Lab
1. Re: Valve Teases Free VR Experiments in The Lab Mar 7, 2016, 14:52 DangerDog

How long before ebay turns into a dumping ground for "seldom used" VR systems?  

News Comments > Hitman DirectX 12 Support
3. Re: Hitman DirectX 12 Support Mar 5, 2016, 15:12 DangerDog

This article reports that DX12 is forcing vsync on.

What we are seeing is the first implications of a new pipeline for graphics and compositing. WDDM 2.0 (Windows Display Driver Model) is a very big shift from what existed previously with WDDM 1.3. The days of exclusive fullscreen gaming may be on the way out as Microsoft shifts developers and hardware vendors into a standard path through the OS compositor rather than bypassing it. Implications for this change are only beginning to be understood, but letís see how it affects Ashes of the Singularity today.
[url=http://www.pcper.com/reviews/General-Tech/PC-Gaming-Shakeup-Ashes-Singularity-DX12-and-Microsoft-Store[/url]

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway
7. Re: No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway Mar 3, 2016, 21:21 DangerDog

I've read the "goal" of the game is to make it to the center of the universe, I'm sure those people who enjoy exploration in Elite Dangerous will be up to the task.

The nano-bots being omnipresent on every planet seemed a little silly to me, here's an open world game but then put nano-bot police that come after you if you start killing lifeforms.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2016, 17:17 DangerDog

Seems like IBM tried to turn their business into a completely service oriented one much like HP and most large companies are doing their own IT internally.

If only they could go back to the good old days of mainframes where they were the only game in town for support.

News Comments > The Division Launch Day Plans
6. Re: The Division Launch Day Plans Mar 3, 2016, 03:06 DangerDog

Darks wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 22:10:
Retired wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 21:57:
Huge sales of 35% and more all around the place. Must not be selling well.

Wrong, this happens with every game that's about to get released. Its called flash selling and promotes the game even more. I could have bought the new Far Cry game from GMG last week for 33 dollars. does that mean that game didn't sell well either?

lol, actually... yeah I bet Far Cry Caveman game isn't selling all that well. They should have gone full Jurassic Park - who cares about authenticity just look at that ARK game.

As for The Diversion, I bet it does alright. Feels like a lull in games being released right now, but it'll hold most peoples attention for three to six weeks. The next flash in the pan game will be Doom in May.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Released
16. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 01:54 DangerDog

Needs more Sleestak's  

5648 Comments. 283 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo