Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6608 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
20. Re: Steam Competitor Coming from China Jul 9, 2018, 15:35 DangerDog

Harf Rife 3 confirmed  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V Video
4. Re: Battlefield V Video Jul 8, 2018, 15:48 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 8, 2018, 12:51:
I see the glow skins are back ^^ (enemy soldiers not affected by shadows) looked very wonky in Bad Company 2.. and looks super wonky here. Still, looks pretty. Just saying, all Battlefield games do this, I just think it looks super weird to see a glowing enemy in a dark room

depends on how the light source hit's the player, I found the ability to see players in shadows rather difficult, probably as it should be.

It was hard to ID friend from foe with the motley crew type atmosphere, the customization was baked in so after awhile you could sort of get a read on an enemy player from short range, could be much worse in the final version when everyone is wearing a different outfit.

Battlefield is now being fought over by people wanting simulation and those wanting it to remain arcade. It'll hit somewhere in the middle satisfying neither crowd fully.

The focus on the maps will be on Global Operations with other modes shoe horned into them, I know this saves dev time and hard drive space but doesn't always make for the best experience possible. Conquest on this map felt like playing conquest on most of the Bad Company 2 maps that were designed for Rush mode, rather confining and difficult to maneuver in ground vehicles.

Yes, bit of a joke showing this video off on youtube but at least it shows that they're not using wonky filters to desaturate the graphics.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 7, 2018, 16:09 DangerDog

The homeless problems existed long before Elon came to town, after his factory is shuttered they'll have plenty of space to set up camp lol.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 7, 2018, 01:40 DangerDog

his work isn't original, it's a derivative copy of the original.  

News Comments > New Steam Sales Estimate Method Shut Down
4. Re: New Steam Sales Estimate Method Shut Down Jul 6, 2018, 19:25 DangerDog

36 million PUBG players have absolutely no ground to stand on when complaining about other games being bad.  

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Video
8. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Jul 6, 2018, 01:43 DangerDog

How are they going to create enough variation to keep you playing? If the entire game is flying through tube like canyons shooting stuff, uh might be fun for a few hours.

Already looking at pulls from other games in terms of gameplay mechanics instead of feeling like "hey, I've never played a game like this before" isn't a good sign, is it?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2018, 20:24 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 15:45:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 15:37:
Poor Jar Jar Actor, I'm sure he drys his tears with the royalty checks.

The actor and musician has reportedly been considering performing a one-man show timed to the anniversary of ‘Phantom Menace’.

His opening line should be "Yes I did it! I ruined your childhood!"

own it and wear it with pride

That's some class-A empathy you have there sir.

I don't think he really had it as bad as he want's to make people believe.

He could walk in public without anyone knowing who he was, Jake Lloyd however, now I do feel sorry for that dude. Just judging from his appearance change over the years I would say the whole thing had a really negative affect on him. What's funny is that people are really wanting Hayden Christensen back in the Star Wars spotlight, I don't blame his wooden delivery of lines in the prequels on bad acting - that was all on George Lucas. But unless it's another pre-darth vader movie of Anakin Skywalker I don't think they'll be calling him in for the movies.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2018, 15:37 DangerDog

Poor Jar Jar Actor, I'm sure he drys his tears with the royalty checks.

The actor and musician has reportedly been considering performing a one-man show timed to the anniversary of ‘Phantom Menace’.

His opening line should be "Yes I did it! I ruined your childhood!"

own it and wear it with pride

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2018, 16:21 DangerDog

Hopefully someone thought to take the kids coffee.

Tie one end of the rope around the kid and the other around the bumper of a 4x4 and pull them out one at a time. Redneck Rescue 101. E Z

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 3, 2018, 15:33 DangerDog

Love these "Robots are taking our jerbs" stories, we're so far off from having robots agile enough to perform manual labor on tasks like nursing I doubt it'll happen in our lifetime. I could see automated truck driving but I think it'll be like flying drones remotely where you'll still have a human taking over the controls via some sort of VR experience in order to navigate city streets.

I'm ready for the singularity, merge my consciousness into the machines and hop on the first intergalactic transport off this rock. I hope I can take my CD's with me because it's going to be a really long journey.

News Comments > Battlefield V Squads Stream Today
7. Re: Battlefield V Squads Stream Today Jul 2, 2018, 18:05 DangerDog

fawker wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 12:52:
Timmeh wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 12:15:
I wonder if this one will end up being a huge flop.

I used to love playing battlefield games.. but... the way BF1 was handled with the game, support, DLC's etc... im kind of over it.

maybe I'm just getting old.

They seem to have righted DLC conundrum and are going for cosmetics for monetization. I don't mind having to put up with some crazy looking soldiers as long as we don't have fragmenting DLC.

I had a lot of fun with the alpha, in conquest and they're new operations mode, which doesn't include behemoths.

No premium pass sounds good on paper but we'll need to see how that plays out in reality. The Battlefront community got screwed pretty hard with the limited extra maps they've released for Battlefront 2.

The gameplay improvements are pretty nice, once again you'll be hard pressed to find a first person shooter with as fluid of movement system from the competitors (can't stand the feel of Call of Dooty games). The limited ammo / health mechanic takes a little getting used to but unless they remove the ammo and health stations like they have in the alpha it's not a completely restrictive game change.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 2, 2018, 05:42 DangerDog

MattyC wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 05:12:
Classic IntelliMouse? Pft, That is the classic. I still have one of those around here (and it still works). That non-ambidextrous model came out a good bit later.

Meh. The mouse only works in modern >=7OS's.

A true classic would work in win95 if need be.

If you really want to, it will work fine in Windows 95. I don't know why you would want that, but it can be done. What I imagine you are thinking is USB wasn't supported until the second edition of Windows 98. The first edition could only enable it work the 'Gold' patch. If you worked tech support back when lots of people were still running 98, you might remember this as users tended to brick their install with it (usually a Winthough I never figured out exactly how).

Anyway, that all works fine on XP+, it doesn't require 7. Unless a joke is just flying over my head here.

Yeah that's the classic InteliMouse, guess left handed people are at a loss with the new one, yet again.

News Comments > Out of the Blue?
11. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 19:04 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 16:07:
Neighbors who call police on 12-year-old mowing lawn increase his business, customer says.

Cutting grass while black.

He needs to be fined for not having a business license, all his equipment needs to be impounded until the proper paperwork has been filed. Looks like a cash business, IRS needs to get in on this too.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 30, 2018, 14:55 DangerDog

Currently, most manufacturers are offering 8-year/100,000-mile warranties for their batteries. Nissan is providing additional battery capacity loss coverage for 5 years or 60,000 miles

I bet that detail isn't in the sales literature, neither is the cost of replacing the cells.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 30, 2018, 14:48 DangerDog

Those graphics were ripped right out of Flight Sim 2004, Microsoft ought to sue.  

News Comments > Tempest 4000 Next Month
2. Re: Tempest 4000 Next Month Jun 29, 2018, 21:04 DangerDog

I think I wasted maybe $1.50 in the arcade machine, It looked better than it played, always been more of a Qix fan myself.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 29, 2018, 17:56 DangerDog

Now I'm going to have to rely on Boston Dynamics to provide me with videos of robots falling over while trying to climb stairs.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
18. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 17:54 DangerDog

I can understand having some FPS shooter parts to break up the space ship shooter parts but it seems silly putting this much FPS work into a game that's suppose to be a space ship shooter.

picking up mundane objects and twirling them around in your virtual hand is beyond silly.

News Comments > Battlefield V Gameplay Video
12. Re: Battlefield V Gameplay Video Jun 29, 2018, 17:39 DangerDog

Global Operations, opening attacking side is a meat grinder of die and respawn stuck in a loop. Needs more cover on that opening section for the attackers and the planes need more health before you're forced to jump out.

I think they should bump up the amount of ammo you start with to 3 mags, especially since they don't restrict high ping bastards from joining servers. More deaths from lag than anything else with the matchmaking.

It's Battlefield set in a sort of WWII environment, going to need to clan it up in this one. You can lone wolf but you'll suffer.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2018, 18:00.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 14:43 DangerDog

I would say that Disney can now go about ruining other SciFi franchises now like Alien and Predator but they're already pretty much worthless, the franchise cross overs are going to be amazing. Iron man vs Predator, let's put the Alien in the Star Wars universe.

Looking forward to going to Disneyplex to see all the movies that Disney releases, media monopolies are great!

6608 Comments. 331 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo