Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6867 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2018, 00:18 DangerDog

Sounds like a good way to get Playboy to sue your ass but whatever floats your boat.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Forged Class Trailer
1. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Forged Class Trailer Nov 15, 2018, 00:14 DangerDog

Lost me at MMO  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Remaster Details
12. Re: Command & Conquer Remaster Details Nov 15, 2018, 00:09 DangerDog

I hope they leave in the ability to stop the sale of a building half way through its deconstruction animation, instant troop army in seconds to zerg rush the other player with.

They'll probably want it to be made with Frostbite Engine so it'll follow the usual track of showing off an early alpha test and then canceled.

I'm ready to pre-order.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Officially Launches
4. Re: Fallout 76 Officially Launches Nov 14, 2018, 13:20 DangerDog

I remember a time when game publishers gave so little of a shit about the quality of their releases they would pump out absolute garbage.

it wasn't long after that the video game market crashed.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Launches Early
4. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Early Nov 13, 2018, 20:20 DangerDog

*taps mic*

Uh yeah, is this an out of season April fools joke?

News Comments > Is Technomasculinity a Thing?
22. Re: Is Technomasculinity a Thing? Nov 13, 2018, 15:43 DangerDog

Tried this

https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2010-05-16

They still wanted to play with the dolls

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 15:27 DangerDog

New Research Shows Vitamin D And Fish Oil Supplements May Not Be Worth It.

That's strange, a better title for the article would have been "New Research Shows Vitamin D and Fish Oil Supplements reduce Heart Attack by 28%, and 75% in African Americans".

Fine and Manson stressed that vitamin D and the omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil are important nutrients, but the best way to get them is as part of a well-balanced diet. That includes eating fatty fish like sardines, tuna and salmon, and vitamin-D fortified cereals, milk, and orange juice.

sardines are kind of nasty, tuna is full of mercury and you only get omega-3's from wild salmon, farmed salmon doesn't have any (or very little depending on what they're fed). Ask people that live in Iceland about the nutritional benefit of fish oil and vitamin-D, when you live in complete darkness for several months of the year they can't live without supplementing.

with more and more people basking in the light from our monitors and TV's all day every day instead of outside sunlight, I think it would be wise to supplement with Vitamin D and Fish Oil - or even better Hemp Oil.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 9, 2018, 19:19 DangerDog

The cone portion of the Y-Wings are l'eggs eggs, if you're old enough to remember them.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 9, 2018, 19:14 DangerDog

As a general rule I always wait for 3rd party vendors to implement a cooling solution, they almost never seem to get it right with the default coolers.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Gambit Trial
3. Re: Destiny 2 Free Gambit Trial Nov 9, 2018, 18:15 DangerDog

I guess I would be salty if I paid full retail for it and a year later they were giving it away for free.

It's a bit of brain dead fun with the single player and the PvE nonsense, the PvE reminds me of Fire Fall, go to X spot on the map and kill NPC's

I have zero interest in anything PvP with this game.

News Comments > Battlefield V Launch Trailer
1. Re: Battlefield V Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2018, 15:36 DangerDog

"This is a perfect example of the video game industry attempting to normalize violence against women"

Anita Sarkeesian

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2018, 19:14 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 18:39:
Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 16:13:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 12:46:
Nice jacks! Ahoy

So we are thinking Nov 21 for the big holiday sales to start?

Games or everything? Steam BF sale is no great shakes - really none of their sales are anymore. I generally end up buying from GOG, Fanatical, GMG, et al. now. I need to buy a new TV so I'm waiting for CM - you have to be on serious drugs to go out to stores on BF IMO. Still looking for recs for TVs - brands - if anyone has them. So far I'm leaning toward a Samsung QLED this time around. 49" QLED for a grand? I'd buy that for a dollar! Reallly postiive review on it here...

Samsung Q9 4K UHD QLED TV - Hands On Review

The colors on the QLED are fantastic, but the OLED has great colors and true black.

OLED is probably fine for general movie watching but I would be concerned about image retention / burn in. Watch too much CNN and you might end up with BREAKING NEWS burned into the screen.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/image-retention-burn-in

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2018, 19:10 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 16:13:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 12:46:
Nice jacks! Ahoy

So we are thinking Nov 21 for the big holiday sales to start?

Games or everything? Steam BF sale is no great shakes - really none of their sales are anymore. I generally end up buying from GOG, Fanatical, GMG, et al. now. I need to buy a new TV so I'm waiting for CM - you have to be on serious drugs to go out to stores on BF IMO. Still looking for recs for TVs - brands - if anyone has them. So far I'm leaning toward a Samsung QLED this time around. 49" QLED for a grand? I'd buy that for a dollar! Reallly postiive review on it here...

Samsung Q9 4K UHD QLED TV - Hands On Review

I'm not seeing the Q9 in 49" size, looks like 65" and 75" only.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-tv-models-price-3367473

depending on your usage this site does extensive tests on things that most sites don't, like input lag if you intend on using it for PC gaming or *gag* console gaming.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q9fn-q9f-q9-2018

edit: another good resource for input lag

https://displaylag.com/best-low-input-lag-tvs-gaming-by-gamers/

not all panel sizes have the same specs so in the case of a samsung 49" vs the 55", the 55" panel can support 120hz but the 49" does not.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2018, 19:52.

News Comments > Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns
14. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns Nov 6, 2018, 14:09 DangerDog

The engineers have finished their investigation and the solution to playing the game without people using vulnerabilities and exploits is to play the console version instead of the console port to PC version.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2018, 17:22 DangerDog

So I've been putting air filters into the recycle bin that are made from recycled material. Got a note saying they don't want to accept them.

Something made from recycled material isn't recyclable.

I wonder what they do with all the dirty diapers they get.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2018, 17:00 DangerDog

How long before FO76 goes free 2 play?

I give it six months. It'll take them that long to implement a mtx system to keep the coinage coming in.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2018, 15:49 DangerDog

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 5, 2018, 12:25:
I really donít get it. Blizzard tells people not to get all hyped up, then they do, and then itís nothing to get excited about. Whoís at fault there?

The lesson Bizzard should take away from that is: donít hint at anything. Announce it outright.

or if you want to make an announcement to rousing applause for a mobile game, make sure you do it in a 100% Asian market venue.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
5. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 4, 2018, 16:59 DangerDog

Haven't seen this much disappointment from Blizzard since the announcement of Starcraft Ghost.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
8. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 4, 2018, 16:51 DangerDog

Okay, thanks. I don't play mobile games so now I can see how the control input works. Looks like you could even play it with a console controller comfortably.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 4, 2018, 16:25 DangerDog

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if the game natively supports mouse input with a cursor. I know Android supports hardware mouse cursor but ios doesn't. I'm guessing this game is touch only so it won't render an in-game mouse cursor when you play the game on a mobile device.  

6867 Comments. 344 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo