Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5696 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 13, 2016, 04:16 DangerDog

Well, so much for Samsung printers then. Their laser printers were really nice an affordable.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia III System Specifications
6. Re: Mafia III System Specifications Sep 13, 2016, 04:13 DangerDog

That gameplay mechanic where an NPC always runs to a phone looks really annoying.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 10, 2016, 13:44 DangerDog

To be fair though Steam is also a system where games can be removed from circulation. SEGA lost their rights to sell that Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion game and is no longer available, of course the people who purchased the game before it got taken down can keep it in their library but it's an example of living in a digital delivery world where you lose the ability to exchange and trade things and have control over your devices.

Undoubtedly if an emulator like this were released on Steam it would get taken down and probably removed from peoples library as well.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
11. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 9, 2016, 22:05 DangerDog

Hoarders rejoice, still have my original Circuit City receipt from 2007, was inside the box so it hasn't faded. My copy has a CD-Key printed in the manual.

News Comments > Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10
17. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 9, 2016, 03:36 DangerDog

Microsoft Windows Store is the FUTURE, the Windows Store is LIFE!  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
45. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 8, 2016, 05:40 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 10:00:
Verno wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 09:42:
- Fun fun fun, had many BF moments already
Speaking of, I was watching DevilDog's video having fun in the plane.
He is chasing down a bomber, second gunner jumps out of the bomber and gets shredded by Devil's fighter plane lol
Good times

I tried flying but sucked pretty hard at it, I hope they have full joystick support it might not help but I'd rather die a million times using a proper flight stick.

Now comes the question of how much will they pull back on and nerf the hell out of the game, already read a tweet that the "tiny tank" is going to be turned into a tin can with tracks.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
13. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 00:44 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 23:39:
Looks... okay. I'm sorry, THIS is what you guys chose to show off 4K? A dark vault with barely anything to see?

and it's visibly tearing 1/3 from the top of the screen (ALPHA VERSION!)

News Comments > Battleborn DLC Next Month
2. Re: Battleborn DLC Next Month Sep 8, 2016, 00:39 DangerDog

I read that Gearbox put all their eggs into this turd basket, I don't think another Borderlands game is going to turn it around for them either.

http://steamcharts.com/app/394230

25. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 19:47 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 18:42:
"just a couple of active pc servers"

what beta are you playing? or are you talking about the alpha?

https://i.sli.mg/dxk1sq.png

just grabbed a screen, prime time. I've yet to see more than 15 active servers, it is buggy though sometimes you refresh and it's only three or four servers shown.

21. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 18:39 DangerDog

It might turn out to be a decent Battlefield game but the beta isn't exactly blowing my hair back.

People who played the alpha said it played better than the beta, they messed up the medic class, killed off the engineer class, that map was pretty lacking and I felt bored of it after a couple of hours.

On the PC anyway there doesn't seem to be much love for it, just a couple of active servers every time I played it, might be frustration over the bugs (not being able to rank up soldier classes to unlock stuff is a big one). They took the time to fix a glitch where people were able to unlock everything from the web portal but did nothing to fix the soldier class rank up bug.

I have a feeling this one is going to be short lived and the active player base extremely small.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
21. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 16:55 DangerDog

Call of Duty beat them to the punch  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Trailer Sep 3, 2016, 05:16 DangerDog

I imagine like previous CODs there will be a lame attempt at having vehicle play, most definitely you won't see that in multiplayer though. They'll never turn this series into a Battlefield game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Trailer Sep 2, 2016, 22:46 DangerDog

Call of Duty: Star Citizen edition

everyone will be playing the COD4 HD multiplayer.

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
10. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 12:51 DangerDog

*brain tumor sold separately  

News Comments > EA Service Outages
7. Re: EA Service Outages Sep 1, 2016, 05:01 DangerDog

dang, I'm struggling to even play for more than 30 min without getting bored of the map.

you do the exact same moves every time, the only action part of the map is around C point.

News Comments > Carnival Games VR Announced
3. Re: Carnival Games VR Announced Aug 31, 2016, 19:42 DangerDog

Sounds like VR will finally get it's Killerapp(tm)  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
61. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 18:48 DangerDog

well at least they're making some progress, they show the FOV adjustment with both horizonal and vertical values.  

58. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 17:57 DangerDog

Everywhere I've read says 42% is actually 100% resolution scaling, if you move that setting then you're over rendering.

You'll have to edit your config to bring it back to 42% accurately.

edit:

you can view all weapons from the web site for BF1, in game it's pretty broken (for me anyway).

https://www.battlefield.com/career

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2016, 18:11.

54. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 16:56 DangerDog

datachasm wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:07:
check your grenades, regular, gas and smoke are there

i didnt notice any frostbite building collapse but it might be there, also seemed a bit slow paced, like its meant to be played with a controller

someone posted a picture of that large arch destroyed in a pile of large boulders. Buildings are destructible to a point but most can't be leveled because of gameplay reasons.

Looks like you'll have access to generic grenades for free but if you want gas and smoke grenades you'll have to buy them with war bonds earned while playing the game.

I also noticed in the server browser it looks like servers can restrict classes so you could have a "no sniper" rule set, I imagine if you do that your server will be unranked but I don't know for sure.

53. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 16:48 DangerDog

Part of the issue with the UI is that they've turned off options in the beta like being able set your loadout out of game, they have settings where it would make more sense to be able to input a number but because consoles don't have keyboards they have sliders (resolution scale for example), okay neat we can watch youtube videos from the Battlefield divias but there's no controls for the playback (I'm not a fan of this idea anyway). Still no favorite loadout quick save slots, the loadout menu between spawns is rather crap compared to previous games. In game server browser is nice and one of those "about time" moments even though they've had it in previous games but took an insane amount of time to get working. It still could use an ability to peek at the game to see if you're joining a cluster-F### of player imbalance.

I doubt there will be any major changes to the UI before release.

5696 Comments. 285 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo