Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6867 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield V Chat Will Have Profanity Filter
2. Re: Battlefield V Chat Will Have Profanity Filter Sep 2, 2018, 15:07 DangerDog

and thus a whole new form of swearing 'slang' in text chat was born, people will just get creative and bypass the filter.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Roadmap
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Roadmap Aug 30, 2018, 15:52 DangerDog

And, we’re excited to be releasing a new mode in Star Wars Battlefront II, a non-linear Star Wars sandbox experience. In this mode two teams battle for capture points and to ultimately bring down capital ships.

This sort of sounds like Titan mode from BF2142 so if they can add that to the game it might just see a second install on my hard drive.

News Comments > Battlefield V Delayed
6. Re: Battlefield V Delayed Aug 30, 2018, 15:19 DangerDog

SirKnight wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 13:33:
Mordhaus wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 12:53:
It's gonna suck so who cares?

What is your secret to seeing into the future?

They were trying to push a bunch of features and content after release championing the decision by calling the game a "live service". Even their own game changers youtube shills called them out on their B.S. saying things like don't expect a finished game ever again going forward.

Just off the top of my head things that were being pushed till after release, vehicle customization, co-op maps, ability to drag wounded players, battle royale mode, mortars. Probably some other stuff.

Even all that doesn't really mater, DICE screwed up because they announced they were making a WWII Battlefield game and people painted a mental picture of BF1942 with better graphics and modern gameplay in their head. What they ended up making is a completely wishy-washy WWII experience. The map in the alpha was just so-so, after a short time playing it the repetitive nature of the gameplay crept in. The game just doesn't capture the open sandbox feel of what Battlefield used to be about, you could play maps in Battlefield 2 for hundreds of hours and have different experiences playing on them.

I don't think extra development time is going to help much, just give it a little more spit polish but the core game is set in stone and it's another three to six month wonder at best.

News Comments > EA's Jacksonville Tribute
8. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 14:53 DangerDog

1 million dollars

who's the lucky guy that gets his medical bill paid?

sorry EA, you're still going to get sued by people at the event, including ones that walked out without a scratch on them but are now psychologically damaged from it.

News Comments > Project Genesis Announced
4. Re: Project Genesis Announced Aug 29, 2018, 14:28 DangerDog

So as you play the game it's mining crypto in the background?

News Comments > Starflight 3 Crowdfunding
7. Re: Starflight 3 Crowdfunding Aug 29, 2018, 03:51 DangerDog

What always amazed me is that they could pack so much game onto a floppy disk, if I remember correctly the first one was just one floppy on the PC.

I'm not sold on the visuals they're showing off in the concept video but I hope they reach their funding goal.

News Comments > Starflight 3 Crowdfunding
3. Re: Starflight 3 Crowdfunding Aug 28, 2018, 21:40 DangerDog

I thought EA had this title locked away in their IP vault, wonder how they managed to keep hold of it this long.

I don't know about the real time "pew pew" combat they've shown off, doesn't seem to fit with this style of game.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
6. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 14:01 DangerDog

We’ve all been deeply affected by what took place in Jacksonville. This is the first time we’ve had to confront something like this as an organization, and I believe the first time our gaming community has dealt with a tragedy of this nature. Please take time to support each other through this challenging time.

Electronic Arts put an embargo on releasing footage of Battlefield V that was captured at Gamescom, at first it was just Monday but was extended to the 29th. They said this was for "reflection" over the event that happened in Florida.

It's understandable not to go on promoting a game that focuses on shooting people with guns the week after this event but if they're not careful they might end up reflecting all the way to realizing that they're profiting off of the very thing that they're reflecting on.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video
23. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video Aug 28, 2018, 02:10 DangerDog

They need to work on the driving physics, felt a little lifeless.

Even if it's 110% scripted it'll be worth exploring just for the environments.

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Follow-up
8. Re: Tournament Shooting Follow-up Aug 27, 2018, 15:19 DangerDog

One of the gamers to defeat Katz in the tournament told ActionNewsJax that Katz was acting 'weird' on Sunday and wearing the same clothes he wore the day prior, on the first day of the tournament.

The gamer said that when he beat Katz on Saturday in the group round, he tried to shake his hand, but that Katz just stared back at him blankly.

As a child, Katz had 'significant healthcare needs', according to court records in his parents' divorce.

At the time of the 2014 court filing, the shooter's father worked for NASA, and his mother, who has a PhD in toxicology, worked for the US Food and Drug Administration.

I'm guessing the parents knew he was mentally unstable, but he was 24 years old so at what point to you blame them for letting him own a firearm?

It ate him up seeing everyone else winning and him being sidelined, he wasn't shooting out of some blood lust it was his way of setting things right because in his mind he was the master of the game and they were inferior and not worthy of basking in the limelight.

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
20. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 26, 2018, 20:09 DangerDog

If you want to have your little gaming tournament that's fine but maybe if you introduce high stakes gambling into it as well perhaps you should spend a little on security.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSy824I_gr4

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Weekend
16. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 24, 2018, 21:18 DangerDog

can I toss my lightsaber over my shoulder in this game?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2018, 14:04 DangerDog

I guess it's time for the real Bug Testers to Unionize, their so called customers.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
26. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 24, 2018, 05:56 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 05:13:
NKD wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 03:27:
The prosthetic is actually more realistic than the barbwire cricket bat, the clothes, and the fact that she's a woman, or that someone with a prosthetic is allowed on the front lines at all.

+1

The design of the prosthetic seems a weird place to hang his hat on.

I didn't, just gave it as an example along with the crazy blue face paint and to show it's not about women being in the game it's the lazy character customization decisions.

funny enough there was one story about a woman that had a prosthetic leg in WWII but she was a resistance fighter / spy.

25. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 24, 2018, 05:37 DangerDog

If you're playing a game like Skyrim you have certain expectations on how it should look, if you come across a bunch of NPC's wearing modern day street clothes it would certainly break that immersive feeling and tone of the game.

I can understand why the devs are getting called out for their game design even if they can't. Battlefield Heroes had more authenticity to it's look than what they're putting out with Battlefield V and the fault lies with their lack of creativity for authentic WWII character customization - at least from what they've shown so far.

20. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 24, 2018, 01:06 DangerDog

Sepharo wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 23:55:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 21:09:
What Battlefield 1 didn't have is robotic armed female cyborg snipers wearing blue face paint wielding a Katana on their back. Chasing after the design characteristics of Fortnite

I don't get why you keep comparing it to Fortnite. Is there a character with a hook hand or any kind of attachment arm in Fortnite?
It feels like much more of a face-paint and hook-for-a-hand shooty Furiosa from Mad Max to me.

Just like Fortnite the character customization options are going to be all over the place.

Which is fine for a game like Fortnite.

Not a whole lot in this picture says "WWII" to me anyway.

female cyborg sniper

17. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 23, 2018, 21:09 DangerDog

I love how the devs are doubling down on flaming this controversy, especially considering how much of an echo chamber they're working under. (if you don't like it, don't buy it).

Battlefield 1 did have women, right from the start in the single player and later in the Russian expansion.

What Battlefield 1 didn't have is robotic armed female cyborg snipers wearing blue face paint wielding a Katana on their back. Chasing after the design characteristics of Fortnite isn't doing them any favors with the fans of the Battlefield series.

Most of the people cheering on this nonsense aren't even their customers and never will be.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: can the Force do something about our nations embarrassment Aug 23, 2018, 17:06 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 16:07:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 15:53:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 12:27:
Mark Hamill is tired of orange twittler's reruns.

Following someone on Twitter that you can't stand / hate is a sign of mental instability. poor Mark
I'm sure it's a bit of schadenfreude on Mark's part.
Who doesn't want to follow a soon to be impeached orange shart.

any day now.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: can the Force do something about our nations embarrassment Aug 23, 2018, 15:53 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 12:27:
Mark Hamill is tired of orange twittler's reruns.

Following someone on Twitter that you can't stand / hate is a sign of mental instability.

poor Mark

6867 Comments. 344 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo