Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6448 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ataribox is Atari VCS
2. Re: Ataribox is Atari VCS Mar 19, 2018, 19:05 DangerDog

Is E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial game included?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DirectX 12 Ray Tracing Support Plans
1. Re: DirectX 12 Ray Tracing Support Plans Mar 19, 2018, 18:57 DangerDog

The old Juggler demo, rendered by Eric Graham in 1986 on the Amiga 1000. It took about an hour per frame to render with a resolution of 320x200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aufOzw3Kd1s

News Comments > Epic Releases $12M Worth of Paragon Content
1. Re: Epic Releases $12M Worth of Paragon Content Mar 19, 2018, 18:56 DangerDog

shovelwear gets a facelift?  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
14. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 19, 2018, 03:41 DangerDog

Quboid wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 19:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 18:48:
A far simpler question could be asked

Is Russia really the enemy or is someone trying to sabotage Russian <-> West relations

And who'd gain from this, because it sure as hell isn't Russia nor the West.

Russian politicians look good to their people in the short term. Long term, it helps Russian defence/expansion. I've seen people say NATO should be disbanded because Europe has *already* been invaded, that's hugely beneficial to any Russian hawks who want to nibble away at more of Ukraine. Also just revenge, supposedly Putin was pissed about the Panama Papers revealing his secrets.

Putin doesn't need to lift a finger to take down NATO countries, they're doing a fine job of destroying themselves.

But I'm holding out hope that the refugees will integrate into western culture, they just need to be treated with kindness and love.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 18, 2018, 16:18 DangerDog

Well I guess he's lucky that Trump isn't swapping out his gold watch for an ankle bracelet.

https://i.imgur.com/4PrqrrL.jpg

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 18, 2018, 14:41 DangerDog

Don't feel bad for him, he's worth 11 million from what I've read.

and FBI agent worth 11 million, ain't that something.

"People knowingly provided their information, no systems were infiltrated, and no passwords or sensitive pieces of information were stolen or hacked," the company said.

just another day harvesting data on people, thanks Facebook!

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 17, 2018, 23:10 DangerDog

Report: Democrats still delusional news at 11  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Bill of Rights Trailer
15. Re: Far Cry 5 Bill of Rights Trailer Mar 17, 2018, 18:12 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 12:08:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 06:48:
Slick wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 19:47:
I'm more concerned about the fact that they're already advertising the Season Pass content BEFORE THE GAME HAS LAUNCHED.

How is this not a big deal to people? They're openly telling people who haven't even played the game yet that to experience everything they have to plonk down another $50.
To be honest the Season Pass content never matches the original content, so I don't worry about it. I act as if it doesn't exist and just wait for the base game to be discounted to a price I find acceptable.

This and if it meshes up with that being a GOTY edition with everything on discount, I'll consider that a nice bonus.

Ubisoft holds firm on their season pass pricing, takes a long time before you see a sale. The GOTY edition is the gold edition, game plus season pass and a few extras.

https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/far-cry-5/

they probably wont be widely available but lots of people sell off their game code on these bundles.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 17, 2018, 02:51 DangerDog

If they don't offer a course titled "Lootbox 101" then you're not going to get a job in the industry with your degree.  

6. Re: Far Cry 5 Bill of Rights Trailer Mar 16, 2018, 22:02 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 19:47:
I'm more concerned about the fact that they're already advertising the Season Pass content BEFORE THE GAME HAS LAUNCHED.

How is this not a big deal to people? They're openly telling people who haven't even played the game yet that to experience everything they have to plonk down another $50.

they want to tempt people into getting the $80 gold edition

https://www.dealzon.com/deals/cheap-far-cry-3#far-cry-5-gold-edition

go on, pre-order it. you know you want to slick

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 19:00 DangerDog

Slick, did you forget about the 60,000 battle points needed to unlock Vader and Luke?

the comment about it being a sense of "pride and accomplishment" is what unhinged people on reddit, and rightfully so.

3. Re: Far Cry 5 Bill of Rights Trailer Mar 16, 2018, 18:56 DangerDog

Quboid wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 18:36:
Have they said anything about lootboxes or microtransactions?

yes, scroll down a bit and see it in today's news.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 16, 2018, 18:21 DangerDog

Oculus Go failure to launch in May

$200 + with no positional tracking, it's a glorified viewmaster

1. Re: Far Cry 5 Bill of Rights Trailer Mar 16, 2018, 18:17 DangerDog

Redneck Rampage'n

News Comments > On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions
11. Re: On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions Mar 16, 2018, 16:10 DangerDog

Really surprised they didn't go full "battle royale" clone with this one, given the massive success of PUBG it seems like a no-brainer.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 13:51 DangerDog

They went in too heavy handed with their greed, should have used a "toad in a pot" model. Start with cosmetics and then gradually work in "booster packs" by saying it allows new players the opportunity to play catch up.

Anyone planting their flag and saying "Victory!" are going to be sorely mistaken when they do the above in future games.

I picked it up on holiday sale for around $40, it was an okay four month diversion. In typical DICE fashion their games start out fun and then slowly but surely they bleed that fun out of the game with re-balancing patches that swing too far to please snowflakes and does nothing to bring new players into the game, most of the time each patch brings game breaking bugs with it which takes them way too long to fix. Right now one of the support guns fires and exploding shot round that melts hero characters and it's been weeks with no attempt at fixing it.

They obscure player population numbers by not having any way of seeing how many are active in the game, with no server browser and no way of seeing your actual ping value to the server the remaining players are corralled into servers where you'll often experience massive lag. You can of course tell the game is dying because you either connect to the same group of people over and over again or a server with one or two people.

Character customization and changing the progression system without a massive injection of new maps and modes it's kind of pointless. Cosmetics are not going to amount to diddly squat in terms of paying the salaries of the army of people needed to add content to the game. On the flip side the game sits at 70 gigs currently with no way to purge the single player content from your install once you've blown through it - and there is zero replayability for their single player campaign.

News Comments > Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow
3. Re: Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow Mar 15, 2018, 16:56 DangerDog

Dumpster fire  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 15, 2018, 03:16 DangerDog

I'd rather have one of these than a self driving car any day.  

News Comments > Arma 3 Tanks DLC Next Month
3. Re: Arma 3 Tanks DLC Next Month Mar 12, 2018, 22:04 DangerDog

I just wish they would have improved the infantry experience, I'm okay with simulating movement restrictions based on weight and wounds but player's interaction with other objects that aren't terrain based becomes an act of extreme frustration.

Give me Battlefield style player movement with Project Reality style gameplay.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2018, 16:05 DangerDog

Playing Battlefield 1 in 2016, every time the battle train would spawn someone would type into chat "Here comes the Trump train", or "You can't stop the Trump train".

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/113130/racist-emblems

EA please ban accounts that have racist emblems... I play this game a couple hours a day and there is simply no way around seeing racist emblems every few minutes in this game... Whatever your reporting system is, it is not effective for keeping racist emblems from being displayed prominently in your game. Instead of banning the racist emblem, please change your policy to instead ban the gamer account responsible for making the emblem. If you just ban the emblem and not the player, they just create a new racist image. And how hard is it to automatically block swastikas imagery? I have never seen a game with so many racists in my life... Every 20 emblems is a swastika, pepe the frog, or Confederate flag. Please have some class and ban these players when they get reported. Otherwise you're just part of the problem...

poor pepe

6448 Comments. 323 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo