Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6862 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2018, 13:06 DangerDog

Oh yes, the "Conspiracy theory nutjob" defense.

Once upon a time the same people that labeled everyone a conspiracy theorist used that to cover up this false flag as well.

The Day Liberty Died

and undoubtedly despite the evidence to the contrary some will continue to do so.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 9, 2018, 15:28 DangerDog

It might be too little too late but anyone that thinks China's ultimate goal is to shower the world with flowers, love and an endless stream of cheap shit are completely delusional.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 9, 2018, 15:25 DangerDog

Well that'll make family gatherings really fun.  

News Comments > Rocksteady's "Highly Anticipated Upcoming AAA Title"
2. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 9, 2018, 14:08 DangerDog

"first thing we're doing is removing the ability to fly, you can now only super-jump, but not over a tall building"  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 9, 2018, 13:59 DangerDog

Maddie, You ripped my heart out you cold hearted bitch!  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2018, 14:13 DangerDog

It's okay if it fails, the bridge was never that great.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 14:59 DangerDog

Why not take the plunge into the world of linux for your laptop(s), it's not like you're going to do any gaming on them.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens
22. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 7, 2018, 04:22 DangerDog

I don't think customization is going to be that big of an issue, it's turned off in the beta so you can't choose what you want to look like but in retail you'll be able to pick something that looks WWII.

If they're expecting extra revenue from selling outfits and textures they certainly won't see any extra money from me given the art direction they've taken.

It does have a meh so-so quality about it though, the maps kind of feel tired already and doesn't give me that feeling of just one more round at 1:30 am. Maybe it's just Battlefield-fatigue.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Burt Reynolds Sep 6, 2018, 20:47 DangerDog

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 19:45:
Surprised they didn't reference Smokey and the Bandit instead. That's where I remember him from.

I think he got a bunch of awards for boogie nights, nominated for academy award but didn't win.

He was seriously injured on the set of City Heat, was hit in the head with a steel chair that was suppose to be a break away stunt chair. Broke his jaw and messed him up for life.

News Comments > EA Jacksonville Tribute
9. Re: EA Jacksonville Tribute Today Sep 6, 2018, 14:27 DangerDog

I'll be commemorating the victims while playing the open beta of Battlefield V that starts today for everyone.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Open Beta Preloads
7. Re: For Honor Beta Concludes Today Sep 5, 2018, 01:19 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 22:36:
Beamer wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 18:18:
inveigle88 wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 18:12:
Reject all forms of Cultural Marxism.

I prefer to resist stupid buzzwords (especially those that originated in white supremacy) that are frequently used by easily offended snowflakes that are so terrified of women that putting one in a video game makes them boycott.

So I was talking g with an old battlefield friend earlier... Guy I've known for over 10 years... And well, I honestly don't think well be speaking much after he wrote this straight-faced:

"my problem is why they did it, not that they did it, and really their response is what made me a bit tilted.  women don't play bf, sjws don't play bf, vegan soy boy third wave feminists don't play bf, we play bf, level headed normal guys who just want to have a really kick butt murder simulator"

Yeah... The world seems to be in a race to the bottom...

tell him to look on the bright side, he get's to kill women in this version of the murder simulator.

News Comments > Battlefield V Open Beta Preloads
3. Re: Battlefield V Open Beta Preloads Sep 4, 2018, 15:36 DangerDog

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 14:23:
Will be interesting to see what their BR mode looks and plays like. Im guessing it's gonna be pretty terrible. But you never know.

There's a rumor that DICE is looking at releasing BR mode for BF V as a free to play game and if you purchase Battlefield V then you'll be given special perks when playing.

I think it'll just split the community of players away from traditional modes in BFV leaving servers running Conquest or other modes in the game with just a few people playing.

At any rate BR mode is being made by another EA dev team, not DICE Sweden.

Another rumor swirling around is that DICE is going to release Bad Company 2 remastered as a way to get people to buy Battlefield V. I really find that suspect because once the core brain trust that code the games moves on to other projects they develop a severe case of amnesia on how the code works. Porting an older game like Bad Company 2 to newer Frostbyte engine would probably be a nightmare and end up being less work if they just started over from scratch.

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
10. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 2, 2018, 22:54 DangerDog

Well at least they've stopped calling their demos betas.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Chat Will Have Profanity Filter
2. Re: Battlefield V Chat Will Have Profanity Filter Sep 2, 2018, 15:07 DangerDog

and thus a whole new form of swearing 'slang' in text chat was born, people will just get creative and bypass the filter.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Roadmap
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Roadmap Aug 30, 2018, 15:52 DangerDog

And, we’re excited to be releasing a new mode in Star Wars Battlefront II, a non-linear Star Wars sandbox experience. In this mode two teams battle for capture points and to ultimately bring down capital ships.

This sort of sounds like Titan mode from BF2142 so if they can add that to the game it might just see a second install on my hard drive.

News Comments > Battlefield V Delayed
6. Re: Battlefield V Delayed Aug 30, 2018, 15:19 DangerDog

SirKnight wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 13:33:
Mordhaus wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 12:53:
It's gonna suck so who cares?

What is your secret to seeing into the future?

They were trying to push a bunch of features and content after release championing the decision by calling the game a "live service". Even their own game changers youtube shills called them out on their B.S. saying things like don't expect a finished game ever again going forward.

Just off the top of my head things that were being pushed till after release, vehicle customization, co-op maps, ability to drag wounded players, battle royale mode, mortars. Probably some other stuff.

Even all that doesn't really mater, DICE screwed up because they announced they were making a WWII Battlefield game and people painted a mental picture of BF1942 with better graphics and modern gameplay in their head. What they ended up making is a completely wishy-washy WWII experience. The map in the alpha was just so-so, after a short time playing it the repetitive nature of the gameplay crept in. The game just doesn't capture the open sandbox feel of what Battlefield used to be about, you could play maps in Battlefield 2 for hundreds of hours and have different experiences playing on them.

I don't think extra development time is going to help much, just give it a little more spit polish but the core game is set in stone and it's another three to six month wonder at best.

News Comments > EA's Jacksonville Tribute
8. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 14:53 DangerDog

1 million dollars

who's the lucky guy that gets his medical bill paid?

sorry EA, you're still going to get sued by people at the event, including ones that walked out without a scratch on them but are now psychologically damaged from it.

6862 Comments. 344 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo