Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6111 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 17, 2017, 18:35 DangerDog

Everyone in the future talks slow and monotone because they pump xanax right into the water supply.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 11, 2017, 03:28 DangerDog

Community edition of Visual Studio is free, you still need to pony up $1000+ for the Enterprise edition.

Don't know why that's new news though.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta in October
3. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta in October Jul 11, 2017, 03:25 DangerDog

Marketing fail, they should have tricked people with the updated version of Hoth.

The whole star card perk system is a joke, I'm sure lots of people will max out their parents credit cards buying them though.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 1, 2017, 23:01 DangerDog

Sounds like the new attack vector will be the "white listed" programs, just attack ones that are common for most people to have installed like Adobe Reader.

We are heading into the eventual day when it won't be optional to install programs unless they're from the MS Store.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 1, 2017, 19:00 DangerDog

Multiplayer in BF2 will be full of cheaters anyway, the single player campaign can wait till it's on sale for $20.  

News Comments > Lode Runner Legacy Next Month
10. Re: Lode Runner Legacy Next Month Jun 29, 2017, 18:32 DangerDog

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 11:54:
The ZX Games version linked by wtf_man looks better. "Improved" graphics doesn't mean much for this game, it isn't about the graphics.

True, but I'd rather be chased down by characters that look like people than robots. The only part of that video that actually looks good is the "classic" load runner section.

News Comments > Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today?
6. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 18:22 DangerDog

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 16:15:
Dunno, was watching some drunk Russian guy stream it (illegally) for a while, guess I'll check it out but meh.

some people are cheering on the inclusion of the clone war setting but I still feel that whole chunk should be redacted and rebooted. my expectations of movies set pre Star Wars was something akin to king arthur and the knights of the round table set in space, instead we got CSPAN in space with a bunch of dull, lifeless characters an out of place cgi cartoon "jar jar" and a whiny brat.

this looks like more of the same with characters and background that just reminds me how much I hated the prequels.

I have even less love of the newquels. Disney doesn't know what the hell they're doing with Star Wars, everything has to be filtered to maximum family friendliness because of their massive investment in their amusement parks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2017, 19:54 DangerDog

Blade Runner, theatrical release version or directors cut?

I believe the directors cut removes the voice over narration, although Ford apparently hated doing it I think it adds to the whole detective theme, plus I think it would have been pretty confusing for original theater goers to really get what was going on.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 23, 2017, 22:11 DangerDog

And now MS can push their agenda of locking down the installable software only from a reliable source, the MS Store.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 23, 2017, 22:07 DangerDog

when people use ad-block what's the point of custom ads?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming
4. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming Jun 23, 2017, 22:03 DangerDog

they should just release it for free with a mandatory ad playing for their next COD game every time you start it up.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up
3. Re: Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up Jun 23, 2017, 22:00 DangerDog

they call it recoil but you might know it as random bullet deviation.

no matter how hard you aim you'll never hit the target.

News Comments > Project Argo Prototype
3. Re: Project Argo Prototype Jun 17, 2017, 16:50 DangerDog

I heard you like your unlocks with an extra dose of unlocks.

Not sure why they're making this, getting ready for a f2p model with microtransactions?

if only they would do something about the clunky player movement, mil-sim or not it just feels bad.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
19. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 17:36 DangerDog

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 17:24:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 17:20:
I mean, who doesn't want to kill terrorists?

exactly.. just ask James T. Hodgkinson

Yeah we can throw in some berniebots and antifa for good measure.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
17. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 17:20 DangerDog

I'd be fine with replacing the nazis with radical islamic terrorists.

I mean, who doesn't want to kill terrorists?

News Comments > New Brothers in Arms in Development
4. Re: New Brothers in Arms in Development Jun 14, 2017, 03:29 DangerDog

They're going to hand it off to the same studio that worked on Aliens:CM.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 15:58 DangerDog

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 11:45:
Notice how almost the entire trailer is shown at 1/4 speed slow to enhance it's dramatic effect ....

Looks good but, it is COD .. hard to imagine the MP will be any change/ nor better than the last decade of their MP has been.

SP might be great though

and super clean no-hud / no points flashing up on the screen.

doubt that option will be in the game.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Week
6. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Week Jun 12, 2017, 15:20 DangerDog

Suppa7 wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 14:36:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 14:18:
I think the day of hard core modding is pretty much over,

Right... skyrim and other mods for games like final fantasy 7 and what not kinda disagree there. People are still modding games despite how difficult developers have made it. I don't buy the argument "it's too complex" when whole game modes like CS, threewave and rocket arena were developed.

The whole problem is lack of tools being released to make these games to the public which is holding back tool development and modding generally.

Yeah but I'm thinking in terms of the golden era of mods for Quake II where you had some that were almost total conversions. If you're that dedicated to making something it seems like you're just as well off using one of the many free game engine platforms and creating your masterpiece there.

at any rate having mod tools for a game like Titanfall would be fun to mess around with - making single player maps perhaps, but then you look at the install footprint and it's doubtful people would keep it on their system long enough to actually play any of it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 12, 2017, 14:58 DangerDog

If all gaming were to go to streaming services only then Linux would be just as viable as a gaming platform as any.

Chances of that happening are about as great as Microsoft discontinuing Windoows development.

News Comments > DOOM VFR Announced
13. Re: DOOM VFR Announced Jun 12, 2017, 14:49 DangerDog

Fallout VR wasn't using teleport gun for travel, more of a sit and play with keyboard / gamepad?

I assume they're going for the stand and play for DoomVR, I'm sure it's like being there but still seems like something more appropriate for a short amusement park type experience than something you would want to spend hours doing.

6111 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo