Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6380 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ESRB Adding In-Game Purchase Label
2. Re: ESRB Adding In-Game Purchase Label Feb 27, 2018, 22:57 DangerDog

Rated M for Money  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: NSA boss: Trump won't pull trigger for Russia election hack retaliation. Feb 27, 2018, 20:59 DangerDog

1. Russia didn't "hack" the election
2. Hillary lost, get over it
3. God bless Trump

News Comments > Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC
3. Re: Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC Feb 25, 2018, 14:37 DangerDog

Epic should have invested their time and money into making a VR version of BeJeweled.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Feb 24, 2018, 18:29 DangerDog

However, arguments over whether or not games lead to violence do lead to violence.

Fight

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 24, 2018, 18:23 DangerDog

Just wait till those server CPU's are dumped.

26 cores would be fun for a 3D rendering workstation.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
41. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 03:10 DangerDog

El Pit wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 03:02:
Private ownership of ASSAULT rifles it only of interest to those planning an... assault? Or what do they need an assault rifle for?

hunting, personal protection, sport.

the AR in AR-15 doesn't stand for Assault Rifle, who knew.

The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.” AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic — a machine gun.

News Comments > EA Showing New Battlefield in June
8. Re: EA Showing New Battlefield in June Feb 23, 2018, 03:07 DangerDog

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 22:21:
Why aren't they making Battlefield 2143 already? That's the one that'll really be amazing, with their current/next gen frostbyte/whatever engine.

We seriously don't need another WW2 or Vietnam game.

Side note: I haven't played BF1 in at least 3 weeks now, even though they did just release the last DLC, bleh, burned out.

EA only wants to push Star Wars shooters to fill the sci-fi niche. There's also been push back on DICE branching off from the tried and true formula of having Battlefield grounded in "traditional" war scenarios.

Battlefield Hardline for example wasn't military enough for hard core Battlefield fans, I think it was just poorly executed on a dated game engine due to needing to be available on xbox 360 and PS3.

I'd love to see a BF2143 game though.

News Comments > EA Showing New Battlefield in June
3. Re: EA Showing New Battlefield in June Feb 22, 2018, 21:50 DangerDog

WWII setting, Activision already proved there's still money to be made killing Nazis.  

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
7. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 22, 2018, 20:34 DangerDog

Something for talking heads to talk about until the news cycle changes.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 22, 2018, 02:23 DangerDog

Metalhead episode was good but all you need to defeat it is a paint gun and make sure you break all USB ports as you go.

It would be fun to render out an animation of the robot dog holding a gun in its claw hand.

News Comments > R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax
11. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 21, 2018, 22:27 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 22:03:
There are actually toys being made for young kids for Jurassic World 2. And hell, as kids we had robocop and toxic avenger toys.

It isn't media that's leading this, and while it could be a factor to a culture of guns, so was every teen book in the 40s...

I might be wrong but I think it was Kenner who jumped the shark when it came to toys and made them for the R rated movie Alien in the 70's

no big deal now though.

8. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 21, 2018, 22:00 DangerDog

Saboth wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 21:09:
Republicans up to their old tricks again. Not a shred of scientific proof that links violent games to violent behavior, but they are ready to blame video games. Don't we already have the ESRB?

Leland Yee, Who Wrote Unconstitutional Anti-Game Law, Tells Gamers 'Quiet Down.'

Hillary Clinton promotes law to ban violent video games

more like politicians up to their old tricks again.

3. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 21, 2018, 20:58 DangerDog

Sounds more like a politician crying over not getting enough lobbyists filling his bank account with money.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 21, 2018, 19:06 DangerDog

It's a bad start when the CGI in your movie looks worse then the same clip taken from the game.

They even bothered to animate her actually putting on the parachute vs the movie clip with the cartoon physics of her just holding onto it with super human strength.

"Gabe Newell's son", poor guy will never be known by his own name.

News Comments > The Station Released
3. Re: The Station Released Feb 21, 2018, 03:54 DangerDog

Just rudimentary path finding ability from what I've seen, even basic scripted events like the infamous test chamber level from Half Life seems to elude indie developers.

Still waiting for someone to use machine learning with google TensorFlow and create an AI that adapts and learns from your actions so no two games are exactly alike - without cheating.

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released
6. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 21, 2018, 03:02 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 23:22:
The wait is over! Of course, it had been over like six times before already, but this time we promise it's really the definitive edition! Until we release a Definitive HD Edition, followed by a Definitive Supreme Edition, then a Definitive Supreme HD Edition, and...

Seriously, stop selling the same fucking game over and over again. One remake is fucking enough.

Then again, Windows Store only, so I'm going to hazard a guess that you're really not selling that many copies anyways.

and they'll use this stat to say all data points to people on the PC not interested in playing games on them anymore.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 21, 2018, 02:58 DangerDog

Wait till your ISP automatically subscribes you to this service for free while jacking your monthly internet bill up.

They already do this with ESPN online with some ISP's.

News Comments > The Station Released
1. Re: The Station Released Feb 20, 2018, 21:55 DangerDog

I know it's not very expensive but I understand it's very short, like two hours and the voice acting is really flat.

Looks like another game where the people who made it started out with a proficiency of building game assets and environments but lack the creative spark to tie it all together into something captivating.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
4. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 20, 2018, 11:14 DangerDog

McTurbo wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 10:01:
Will there actually be a game and story to play this time or just more pointless cruising around with nothing to do?

It's never going to have a linear scripted story with cut scenes, neither will it become some sort of second life space simulation.

I do wonder if they ever add space legs what you'll actually be able to do, besides walk around your ship.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2018, 17:12 DangerDog

I know everyone on here is wishing a very Happy Presidents' Day to Mr. Trump!

6380 Comments. 319 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo