Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6148 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 13, 2017, 16:20 DangerDog

Developer to hand out bans, for a single player game.

lol

they'll probably make idle threats about not supporting the PC platform going forward.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 16:11 DangerDog

Now they need to give a discount to everyone who bought the first one.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2017, 22:38 DangerDog

We've altered the deal, pray we don't alter it any further.

EA walks back on the P2W lootbox scheme, slightly

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2017, 16:01 DangerDog

Before people will spend money on their "Crystals" they'll buy aim-bots to ruin the game.

DICE have never implemented cheat protection worth a damn, now you don't even have server admins to weed out the troublemakers.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 11, 2017, 16:16 DangerDog

Can we get a view count on their videos?

“thousands” of views

lol

News Comments > The Orange Box Turns 10
3. Re: The Orange Box Turns 10 Oct 10, 2017, 22:06 DangerDog

episodic gaming is the future!  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
18. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 10, 2017, 18:22 DangerDog

Yoda fighting with light saber is the lamest thing they ever put into Star Wars, thanks for the reminder though. Like you ever see the Emperor fighting with a light saber psssh Dark Side rules!

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
12. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Oct 10, 2017, 16:29 DangerDog

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 15:32:
I'm a long time Battlefield player. Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017) are so dumbed down that it's laughable.

They want to make these Star Wars games more "accessible" and the experience cinematic. I remember with Battlefront 2015 they were really trying to stress the point that DICE isn't just about Battlefield and that they could design games that weren't just a re-skin job. Did nothing to stop people from calling it Battlefield with Star Wars skins.

It's kind of funny because the original Battlefront games were definitely trying to be Battlefield-like with Star Wars theme.

There's no sandbox mode here, and the "Galactic Assault" maps will probably be somehow stitched together in some form of Galactic Conquest mode at a later date.

They'll still print money with this, hype over the new movie alone will net them millions of copies sold.

News Comments > More VR Resources from Valve
4. Re: More VR Resources from Valve Oct 10, 2017, 02:14 DangerDog

Kxmode wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 23:55:
This screams of desperation. I think VR is reaching the point of unsustainability if a "killer app" doesn't appear soon.

Elite Dangerous is about all I can come up with but I'd rather have sharper picture (4k) than wear a low res headset that gets hot and uncomfortable after about an hour.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 7, 2017, 17:17 DangerDog

I remember there being some controversy over having a little girl character in the game.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens
48. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 7, 2017, 06:03 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 01:28:
So I'll assume that most people commenting haven't actually played the free open beta that's happening right now.

I seem to be the only one who has? You're all talking like cunts throwing spitballs from the cheap seats.

If this game has more than 10k peak players on PC one month after release I'll be amazed.

It's just too shallow to hold my interest, played it for about an hour and have no interest in returning to it. The gameplay is just boring.

best of luck to those that really like the game though.

40. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 22:49 DangerDog

This is what happens when you turn community managers into game designers.

It's just like that Steve Jobs interview clip where the marketing people end up calling the shots. DICE obviously has way too many butt kissers completely afraid for their job to say "your work is shit".

16. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 16:36 DangerDog

That seems strange, drop pod mechanic was in the last BF4 expansion pack and all these hints pointing to BF2143. I assumed it went off the radar due to getting the Star Wars license, possibly the Titanfall conflict as well.

Battlefield 1 was just okay, not great not horrible. New Battlefield game next year? My guess would be returning to WWII.

This game though, loot crates for progression, bury graphic effects - chromatic aberrations, no server browser. It's like they're trying their best to fail.

12. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 15:26 DangerDog

Still disappointed that we had to lose out on playing a sequel to BF2142 for this over commercialized crap.

Even though I was never a fan of the clone war movies, I'mean who was? If the multiplayer gameplay was at least on par with say Bad Company 2 then I would probably play it. I guess I was way off base when it was first announced that DICE was given the license to Star Wars that they were going to make one with Battlefield mechanics. The only comment I read regarding why they didn't do that was that they didn't want to be labeled as a one trick pony act (oh the horrors of having a successful tried and true formula). The other reason was someone felt that Battlefield was too complex in terms of gameplay for little kids to grasp.

They still get their game labeled as a reskined Battlefield game by just about everyone if you read comments on the internet. If only that were the case.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 4, 2017, 03:38 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 02:16:
Another Windows VR headset enters the fray with Samsung Odyssey.

I've read this headset is the one to own: AMOLED, super responsive, 110 viewing angle, highest res.

Probably the only one to get, the rest look really sub-par. Still $499 is a big ask considering there really isn't a killer game for VR.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out
16. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 4, 2017, 03:29 DangerDog

700 cars would be great for Grand Theft Auto game but in a racing game you only care about maybe 25-50 of them, if that.

No Toyota cars either, stay classy Toyota.

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Delay; New Founder's Option
1. Re: Star Control: Origins Delay; New Founder's Option Oct 3, 2017, 21:04 DangerDog

Still waiting for a Starflight game with updated graphics.  

10. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 20:07 DangerDog

LittleMe wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 17:24:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 14:59:
95 gb download?

for a racing game...

This is why having a disk notcher is important. You can format and use the other side of the disk and get twice as much on it. Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77VlOLpWPbk

In a pinch, a regular hole puncher works just be sure to align the hole in the right spot.

2912 360k floppy disks = 1gb

276,640 floppy disks for Forza 7

the last disk has a read error

2. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 14:59 DangerDog

95 gb download?

for a racing game...

okay

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2017, 18:37 DangerDog

don't outlaw guns, outlaw bullets

6148 Comments. 308 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo