Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6111 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out
10. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 20:07 DangerDog

LittleMe wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 17:24:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 14:59:
95 gb download?

for a racing game...

This is why having a disk notcher is important. You can format and use the other side of the disk and get twice as much on it. Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77VlOLpWPbk

In a pinch, a regular hole puncher works just be sure to align the hole in the right spot.

2912 360k floppy disks = 1gb

276,640 floppy disks for Forza 7

the last disk has a read error

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out
2. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 14:59 DangerDog

95 gb download?

for a racing game...

okay

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2017, 18:37 DangerDog

don't outlaw guns, outlaw bullets

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins
21. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 30, 2017, 23:05 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 16:30:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 16:24:
Beamer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 07:33:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 03:49:
Having to listen to women voices and screams sure does wonders for the immersion factor for a WWII game.

Totally, guy. Running around with people using killstreaks, respawning, regenerating health, etc., I totally forget I'm sitting in my home and think I'm actually out there in France or wherever, but then there's a female and I'm like whoa, I'm actually playing a video game and not a soldier from 75 years ago.

I know right? I'm totally enjoying this 4th wave feminism WWII experience.

right off the start "men and women who cleared the beach"

all those women who fought on Normandy beaches, couldn't have done it without them. Sunny

No one whines that Wolfenstein created an alternate universe with Nazi robots. Consider this an alternate universe with female combatants.

What's worse? You having to have your immersion broken by female combatants in this one game, or females having to have their immersion broken by playing as a male in nearly every single damn game ever made?

That's funny because when I played Tomb Raider I didn't think, boy I wish I could control a dude instead. Women don't care that they're playing as a guy in a video game, only 4th wave feminists do.

the game is cancer though so the point is moot.

17. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 16:24 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 07:33:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 03:49:
Having to listen to women voices and screams sure does wonders for the immersion factor for a WWII game.

Totally, guy. Running around with people using killstreaks, respawning, regenerating health, etc., I totally forget I'm sitting in my home and think I'm actually out there in France or wherever, but then there's a female and I'm like whoa, I'm actually playing a video game and not a soldier from 75 years ago.

I know right? I'm totally enjoying this 4th wave feminism WWII experience.

right off the start "men and women who cleared the beach"

all those women who fought on Normandy beaches, couldn't have done it without them. Sunny

News Comments > 3D Print and Sell Your Own Valve Merchandise
14. Re: 3D Print and Sell Your Own Valve Merchandise Sep 29, 2017, 16:12 DangerDog

Leper wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 18:41:
Wow. More boring Valve news about selling other people's creative works. "Can't wait for the next Valve announcement" - says no one anymore.

Gabe will most likely end up selling Steam to Microsoft.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition Peels Out
4. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition Peels Out Sep 29, 2017, 16:08 DangerDog

not every track has changing weather conditions, rain in dubai might not make sense but they could have dust storms.

700 cars but you really only care about 25 of them or less, so they force you to buy a ton of cars that you don't want before moving to the next tier.

seems like it would have been a good platform to show off the new MS VR headset on PC's (and other VR headsets) but I doubt that will happen.

News Comments > Cuphead Released
5. Re: Cuphead Released Sep 29, 2017, 16:00 DangerDog

cool art style but the gameplay isn't my cup of tea yuk yuk

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2017, 04:02 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 00:42:
Confession time.

I have seen MAYBE 45 mins of Blade Runner. I understand there are roughly 5-6 versions of the movie. Which would be THE (or multiple) version(s) to watch before seeing 2049?

In the 80's when the movie was released they felt the need to have Ford do voice over to explain the story to people, only much later was it revealed that Ford deliberately attempted to sabotage the VO being added by doing a "bad reading" of the lines. I guess I'm still partial to that version because that's the way I saw it in the theater. I still think it matches pretty well with the film noir type mood.

That's probably the biggest difference, I think the rest is just adding a few extra scenes but nothing really important. I really wish we had gotten to see some of the off world stuff mentioned in the film. I just mentally splice in scenes from Outland into Blade Runner.

The director cut mainly answers the question "do androids dream of electric sheep?" or... unicorns.

7. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2017, 03:49 DangerDog

News Comments > 3D Print and Sell Your Own Valve Merchandise
2. Re: 3D Print and Sell Your Own Valve Merchandise Sep 28, 2017, 14:47 DangerDog

Because the world isn't filled with enough useless plastic garbage we now need to 3d print more of it.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 14:14 DangerDog

Pigeon wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 12:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 11:51:

When I saw the photo I had to triple check they weren't talking about another live action version of Avatar the Last Air-bender. WTF is with all the kids? Not to be judgemental but, that's exactly what I'm going to do, show casing a cast of kids means it's going to be a steaming pile of crap. The original was at least visually appealing, the story was terrible. Maybe it's an experiment on Cameron's part to see just how awful he can make a script before the visual appeal doesn't matter.

actually the article says only one of the kids will be playing as a human in the movie, the rest are going to be child Na'vi maybe?

this quote makes me think it's going to either be some sort of timeshift "groundhogs day" or Stephen Lang is a clone.

"There's not a new villain every time, which is interesting. Same guy. Same motherf**ker through all four movies. He is so good and he just gets better. I know Stephen Lang is gonna knock this out of the park."

The biggest stake of hit or miss for Cameron isn't the movie but the massive outlay that Disney is doing to make Avatar World at Disney World.

Target demographic, kids.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2017, 22:36 DangerDog

Cameron praised the last one, he also thinks he can stick Arnold and Hamilton in the movie. Why not good old Edward Furlong?

This has great success written all over it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2017, 21:30 DangerDog

don't worry, piracy will drop off because it's pure garbage and a waste of bandwidth - even for free.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2017, 17:12 DangerDog

Hoop wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 16:25:
Just hope your Giants stay on their feet during the national anthem, maybe Trump will have the rest of the competition interned to concentration camps.

Politics and sports go together like peas and carrots.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2017, 16:55 DangerDog

Furie reflected on in a 2015 interview with Vice. At the time, he wasn't at all bothered that his drawing had taken on a life of its own.

"I think it's cool," said Furie at the time. "In fact, I'm getting kind of inspired by all the weird interpretations of it. I wanna use it to my own advantage and try to come up with comics based on other people's interpretations of it."

Asked specifically if he had a "principled objection" to art being used by those other than the original artist, Furie said he didn't.

You can't beat'em so he should have joined them, he didn't even try to out meme 4chan. I doubt he would have succeeded but he didn't even try.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2017, 16:05 DangerDog

Has anybody looked into this medical ailment that's affecting NFL players, they're all too weak to stand.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 23, 2017, 18:05 DangerDog

one core for the game, the rest are for the DRM running in the background.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 22, 2017, 16:13 DangerDog

This is really good news for people still gaming on pentium cpus.  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
21. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 16:10 DangerDog

A feud with epic will only draw more peoples attention to fortnite, "well let me see if this is really like PUBG!"

and if the experience is better in fortnite, that would really be bad for their business.

6111 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo