Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5643 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield One Gameplay Video
6. Re: Battlefield One Gameplay Video Jun 18, 2016, 00:06 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 23:13:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 22:56:
I love how the graphics look, the sound seems amazing even in this somewhat crappy Levelcap video, but I think a lot of these weapons and ancient tanks etc. will be extremely aggravating to people coming from BF4 or Hardline.

Please do not mix people who like BF4 with people who like Hardline (Which is not a Battlefield game at all)

BF5 (1 after 4 sounds stupid) looks ok but as you say, balance looks to be extremely borked but.. if BF4 was any indication, it will be on release as well.

Also objective apples and butter? Seriously?

It's historically accurate, who knew.

http://www.royalsignals.org.uk/articles/alpha.htm

This looks like a faithful Battlefield game, I'm not seeing any of the "Battlefront" casual nonsense here. The game takes place starting at 1918, however the French army isn't going to be in at lauch - sorry frogs see ya in DLC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin Jun 17, 2016, 17:49 DangerDog

and that trailer is as close to playing this DLC that you'll get even if you paid for it.  

News Comments > Battleborn Adding Microtransactions
6. Re: Battleborn Adding Microtransactions Jun 14, 2016, 22:10 DangerDog

They tried to peddle this mess of a game and failed, next up free to pay to play.  

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed
12. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 15:58 DangerDog

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 11:47:
So...Australia.

Will we be driving through the ever present wildfires awash in a color palette of brown, grey, and orange?

while driving on the left?

News Comments > Titanfall 2 on October 28th
5. Re: Titanfall 2 on October 28th Jun 13, 2016, 18:26 DangerDog

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 17:09:
This fall is looking expensive...

Going to probably back burner this one, Battlefield has always been my go to game for a time sink and it's too jarring to go back and forth between different FPS games.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer 2
20. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer 2 Jun 12, 2016, 20:54 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 19:38:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 17:19:
Battlefield games are only authentic...

You're joking, right?

There is absolutely nothing "authentic" about the retarded garbage you can see in this trailer. It is much too actiony and fast-paced. If you would fly at the velocity and pull off a single maneuver from the trailer with a real WW1 plane, it would crumble to tiny little dust particles mid-air due to total structural failure.

Also, no problem with two shooters for EA. The mouthbreathers who are easily impressed by trailers will just preorder both (10+ million Star Wars Battlefront sales do not lie). Works every time. EA knows exactly how retarded their customers are (or have become).

Again, nobody should expect realism in the gameplay of these games. A weapon or vehicle is authentic looking and might even have sound effects recorded from the real one but that's where any realism ends. The interesting thing is some of the stuff they have in the game looks fictional but there's actually historical references to some of it, like the body armor suit.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailers
1. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailers Jun 12, 2016, 18:16 DangerDog

Titanfall 2, More than Meets the Eye!  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Jun 12, 2016, 18:15 DangerDog

Battlefield First

OMG looks amazingballz PREORDERED!!!

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer 2
15. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer 2 Jun 12, 2016, 17:19 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 15:15:
in reality, all of the soldiers were inexperienced in World War 1 and wouldn't be that good like they are in this game or like the 1 man army super soldiers in WW2 shooters and other FPS games.

Battlefield games are only authentic when it comes to sounds and imagery, nobody ever expects them to be a realistic milsim.

I think EA is crazy to be putting out two shooters so close to each other, direct competition with themselves between this and Titanfall 2.

News Comments > Paragon Open Beta in August
1. Re: Paragon Open Beta in August Jun 10, 2016, 15:49 DangerDog

Are these MOBA games really that popular? I'd be more inclined to pay them $60 for a proper sequel to the original Unreal, hell I'd give them $30 for just an HD remake of the original.  

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
6. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 9, 2016, 20:48 DangerDog

They just wanted the Dark Zone to be as dark as it could be.

only soloed against the AI in missions, about 2/3 played and haven't been back into it.

the game is all atmosphere and that wears thin pretty fast.

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Patch Adds Content
1. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Patch Adds Content Jun 9, 2016, 18:57 DangerDog

Was hoping this would be more like original TA.

All the units are hovercraft, seems rather boring.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Released
23. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Released Jun 8, 2016, 16:51 DangerDog

Having played the beta I was actually surprised the kung-fu combat came off as well as it did, I was expecting a ton of "press X key" quicktime events. I still think it was a mistake to remove the guns from the game, feels a little too much like forced political correctness. They could of had some Biathlon type missions where you need to parkour and then shoot and parkour some more.

Of course they had to nerf the AI somewhat, if you're engaged with an enemy the others wait their turn.

The lifeless feeling plays into it's "beautiful solitude" design ascetic. I would have put more off area crowds behind inaccessible glass walls looking up and pointing or generally running and screaming when enemy AI start shooting. I think they could have done something while not directly interfering with the players ability to do speed runs.

One thing seems apparent, there won't be any more games in this series. EA said it was up to the players and it seems that it's receiving a rather temped response.

8. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Released Jun 8, 2016, 04:24 DangerDog

Totally got the racing vibe from the beta, I'm more of an explorer though. Too bad when you go places you're not really meant to go the illusion breaks down worse than a day at Disneyland when you peek behind the facade.  

6. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Released Jun 8, 2016, 03:00 DangerDog

I can really get into the style and design of the ultra clean city but maybe they should have switched it up where you start off in a city of Glass but end up in some outer slum like area where the effects of the oppressive conglomerate are realized.

It's also a little too void of life and activity, massive city but it seems so empty.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer
22. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 7, 2016, 16:28 DangerDog

The same club will be used to revive teammates.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2016, 14:29 DangerDog

Free or not, it makes no difference.

Goliath's like Disney are slow moving but will destroy the lives of everyone involved in the project.

People never seem to learn, if you want to do something like this you go completely under the radar and just release it anonymously to a torrent. If they can't trace it back to the source it they can't shut it down.

Disney shut these guys down for using "light swords"

[url=https://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/16/04/10/0537210/free-lightsaber-event-now-battling-lucasfilms-lawyers[/url]

News Comments > Project Highrise Trailer
2. Re: Project Highrise Trailer Jun 2, 2016, 13:09 DangerDog

Sim Tower suffered from performance issues once you created something resembling a skyscraper. The concept is cool but I would rather have something more realistic and at least 3/4 3D perspective instead of 2D.

News Comments > Obduction Next Month
3. Re: Obduction Next Month Jun 2, 2016, 13:00 DangerDog

Complaining to Valve about lack of VR headset support is barking up the wrong tree, complain to Cyan if you want to get your headset supported.

This looks like another lifeless walking simulator. Interactive NPC AI is really hard work apparently.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed
14. Re: Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed Jun 2, 2016, 12:51 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 10:38:
Tachikoma wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 10:00:
Single player would be awesome but I don`t see this happening

Duuuuuudddeee. Easy. SP campaign has been confirmado (though it will apparently come out later as DLC or something):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/07/titanfall-2-will-have-a-single-player-campaign

Oh man, not the TV tie in crap again. I mean it could be done as some sort of mocap cartoon using in game assets but these things get blown way out of budget scope.

Now it all makes sense why DICE went WW1 for Battlefield though, 2142 sequel would have been at odds for Tittyfall 2.

I'd rather have had BF2142 sequel myself.

5643 Comments. 283 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo