Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5869 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 19, 2017, 01:13 DangerDog

when robots are doing creative things like writing movie scripts or music then I'll agree with him.

look at how many people were replaced with the invention of the PC, that kind of automation is okay though right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 16, 2017, 03:56 DangerDog

silly rabbit, only Jews are allowed to make jokes about Hitler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYVK_OqyUzk

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Winter Update
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Winter Update Feb 14, 2017, 20:35 DangerDog

bigspender wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 18:04:
Are there new guns to unlock?

nope

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 19:09 DangerDog

PHJF wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:46:
They should have had devs lined up out the ass to have product ready to go.

I don't know how Oculus wasn't able to have a major AAA game ready to launch with Rift given a) the ridiculously long dev time Rift had and b) that facebook money. I'm sure as engines are built for VR support it'll slowly gain ground, but what a whimper of a start for the medium...

The only killer app for VR so far is sit down simulators like Elite Dangerous, the rest is just caravel games.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 19:07 DangerDog

Bumpy wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 13:15:
VR is and will remain niche.

I think Microsoft is aimed in the proper direction, their AR Hololens is cordless and amazing in its current form.

Get that $3000 price tag down and it will be amazing with Windows, work and play.

until you realize that you're strapping a wifi computer to your head, I'd like to see how they can get it a SAR rating that's in line with a cell phone. Even if they do get it down to cell phone levels, you typically don't strap a cellphone to your head for hours and hours.

yes there's gear vr but even that is so casual you only play games for minutes not hours.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs
33. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 16:17 DangerDog

maddog wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:57:
If I greatly enjoyed Future Solider, will I like this one as well?

Thanks!

Have you always wanted to play Far Cry in 3rd person with 4 player co-op?

if yes then this game might be for you, otherwise wait for reviews and or a deep discount.

speaking of which, looks like ubisoft is implementing stricter region controls, most of the discount sites only have the euro version for a decent price.

from my experience with the beta I wouldn't pay more than $40 for the base game, given that they're doing the season pass thing I think I'll just write it off completely.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs
31. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 15:50 DangerDog

Angrius Maximis wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 11:51:
I was unimpressed in the beta. Its GTA V for adults...and honestly nothing but Farcry 4 open world with other people.

It controls like the Division for the most part but you can lay down.

the AI is stupid as a liberal after a Trump win

lol, the missions were pretty funny. steal this helicopter and then drop it off over here less than a mile away. good thing though because the helicopter was like trying to push a brick through a wall of jello.

I did break out of the beta walled in zone, (probably the most fun thing to do - you had to beat the countdown instakill-timer by doing a melee take down of an enemy while the counter was at 2 seconds), managed to fly around the rest of the map, even though the assets like buildings were missing you could still tell it's going to be one giant copy-paste job with lots of empty space between villages. You could see areas that had roads for tiny cities but nothing bigger than what was in the beta. No modern city areas.

The AI won't get smarter, they just make harder AI bullet sponges and maybe a little more accurate in their shots.

The repetitive mission design is going to be fatigue inducing, the overall theme of fighting south american drug cartel seems uninteresting given all the different scenarios they could have chosen. Limits your options in terms of military hardware, you won't be driving tanks or jets. They do have attack helicopters but only for the AI that I could see. The destruction seemed lacking, some road signs would break apart but some where unbreakable. It's not a "loot drop" game though so I don't think there will be more powerful guns that look exactly like the one you've already picked up. You find the weapons in crates around the map, once you've opened the crate it's unlocked.

Unless you have a group of people buying it your level of enjoyment will probably be pretty low. No way are you going to be able to get anywhere with co-op playing with randoms.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2017, 16:11.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 6, 2017, 16:08 DangerDog

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-01/leaked-executive-order-reveals-trumps-plans-h-1b-visas

just wait till Trump implements H1b visa executive order lol

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Feb 2, 2017, 03:47 DangerDog

Didn't they poor a bunch of money into Homefront sequel? The one that failed big time, probably more so than the original.

They just couldn't come up with the magic sauce to compete against the likes of Call of Duty and even Battlefield to some degree.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 2, 2017, 03:43 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 21:14:
"Nvidia’s promo games will now be tied to the GPU they’re bundled with."

this is smart... makes the games to be played as intended, and prevents people from selling the games off

despite Nvidia's assurance otherwise it looks like they're going to force people to use their "geforce experience" software.

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
22. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 2, 2017, 03:35 DangerDog

Task wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 22:56:
Well shit, was hoping to buy an Oculus one of these days, hopefully this doesn't affect them making more. I guess there's always the VIVE.

I bet the VIVE project gets shelved too.

Eventually they'll have the technology to put super high res screens into something as comfortable as a pair of glasses, the bulky things they have now will never be a mainstream success.

News Comments > EA Financials
9. Re: EA Financials Feb 1, 2017, 04:16 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 01:00:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 00:27:
Battlefield™ 1 was our biggest Battlefield launch ever and has a player base more than 50% larger than that of Battlefield 4™ in its comparable launch quarter.

Gee, do something unique and interesting, and do it well, and people flock to you. Who knew?

Bf1 is only unique in the context of the current near-future warfare fad. FPS games had a golden age of world-war era titles, shit the first battlefield game was 1942.

I say bring back the 2142 era, it was unique.

remember all those easter eggs in BF3 for BF2143, then EA got the Star Wars license and DICE seemed to have killed off that plan, two sci-fi games competing with each other. I would rather have had BF2143 than the Star Wars game.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 22:31 DangerDog

Thought MS would do a little more toad in the pot before ganking the traditional desktop from Windows.

guess they feel they're ahead of schedule for UWP becoming the enforced standard, for security of course.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 30, 2017, 00:01 DangerDog

No that was an Alien mod for Quake  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 29, 2017, 16:16 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 13:56:
Nice job, MSI. Really intelligent and well tested product design there. Sad thing is the stupid gamer kiddies will still buy into this shit.

The most unforgivable design fault is not putting LED lights on it, because everything runs faster and cooler with LED lighting effects.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Colony Remake Plans
20. Re: Titanfall 2 Colony Remake Plans Jan 29, 2017, 16:10 DangerDog

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 04:13:
Everyone is talking about the SP. Anyone willing to expand on the multiplayer though? Does it have dedicated servers? If so what kind are they? (Player admined or not) What type of gameplay types? How is the skill level of the game? Is it more of a traditional type of game, with weapon pickups or is it loadout based? Most importantly does it have "legs"?

It has instanced servers with match making, there's only one active mode on PC - attrition which is 6v6 with bots. Forget any of the other modes as you'll never get a game going unless you have a group of people to play with.

The worst part is they divide the access of the player population via "data centers" without exposing how many players are active on said data center. So if you pick Dallas for your data center you have no idea how many people are connected to it, I'm not sure why you should even need to do this in the first place as it should pool everyone in US to that player base and EU people to another.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 28, 2017, 17:09 DangerDog

Install Mr. Number app on your phone.

instant spam block with detailed caller ID

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Colony Remake Plans
4. Re: Titanfall 2 Colony Remake Plans Jan 28, 2017, 17:04 DangerDog

El Pit wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 16:19:
I heard that the singleplayer part is very entertaining, but extremely short. So I am waiting for a low price because SP is all I am interested in. If they should ever decide to produce a Titanfall game offering as much quality SP gameplay as the latest Doom, I will be ready to throw more money at them.

Singleplayer is overblown, it has some cool set pieces but the "story" element is pretty damn weak. In a magazine interview with the devs they had people sit down with the editor and make something "cool", they then took these level ideas and stitched them into a game.

I think people that say they're blown away by the singleplayer are falling for the nostalgia like feelings. Some of the levels evoke memories from games like Portal and Half Life.

There's only one word to describe the multiplayer on PC, Dead. They should add a PvE mode where you can play the maps online/offline with drop in multiplayer co-op against AI.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 28, 2017, 05:14 DangerDog

That's okay, the Microsoft Hololens is point mapping your entire living space.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 22:00 DangerDog

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 20:48:
Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 20:10:
You think any other administration didn't have GS on staff? Christ, Hillary was even deeper in their pocket than he is.
Exactly. Why are you giving a pass to Trump for what you claim all the previous Presidents did -- which is what you are complaining about? There IS NO DIFFERENCE. And saying Hillary is in the bankers pocket even if it is true, doesn't matter. Trump is President, and he is lining his cabinet with those bankers you are complaining so bitterly about...

You must be from the future when big bankers no longer control the money supply. Present day earth however, they do.

5869 Comments. 294 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo