Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6785 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2018, 18:51 DangerDog

I guess Pa. wants some of that video game industry lobbyist money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Physics Trailer
23. Re: Star Citizen Physics Trailer Oct 19, 2018, 18:45 DangerDog

Silly me, I thought they were going to show different physics models for the space ships.

It's a space fantasy game so you would expect light fighters to handle differently than large bulk cruisers, even in "zero G" space.

News Comments > More Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Launch Records
9. Re: More Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Launch Records Oct 19, 2018, 04:06 DangerDog

Sepharo wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 22:48:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 11:53:
It's really not that difficult to hit high money marks when your game costs $120

It's a $60 game.

that season pass though

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 18, 2018, 18:00 DangerDog

This is just one guy messing around, not the premier showcase of what can be achieved today.

As mentioned in the comments it's way better than the young Carrie Fisher they inserted into Rouge One.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Inside the 'war room' where Facebook is trying to safeguard elections. Oct 18, 2018, 12:11 DangerDog

Sir!

NPC meme detected in sector 12!!

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Oct 18, 2018, 12:02 DangerDog

Fallout 76: An atmospheric setting in search of a game  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 18, 2018, 11:56 DangerDog

Every multiplayer map that lets you play as a German let's you play as one of the good guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

News Comments > More Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Launch Records
2. Re: More Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Launch Records Oct 18, 2018, 11:53 DangerDog

It's really not that difficult to hit high money marks when your game costs $120  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Four Next Week
13. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Four Next Week Oct 16, 2018, 17:45 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 14:35:
Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 13:36:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 13:18:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 13:05:
I have to say, while have been considering on and off for a while now about going back to ED -- this video did nothing to increase my desire to start playing the game again.

What, mining asteroids not exciting enough for ya?

What this game really needs is an engine that understands speech so I can dock verbally.

There is a software system compatible with ED that does that. You can buy voice packs of different actors - Bill Shatner, Tom Baker, et al. - that act as the ship's AI.

Voice Attack

Thanks Cutter.

I was hoping for something built-in and interactive that would improve immersion:

"Marcellus station, this is Viper 257 requesting permission to dock."

"Permission granted, please proceed to dock 43."

It works on voice triggers so you could set your trigger to

"This is Viper 256 requesting permission to dock"

or

"Requesting permission to dock"

and then it automatically sends the key functions to initiate docking with a station.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2018, 15:59 DangerDog

Flu'sNews

those comments are golden.

Mike B
23 hours ago
It's flu season! Get your flu shots while you can!! Big-Pharma may run out and you may die!!! Hurry!!!! a kid just died who DIDN'T get a flu shot!!!!!

For the love of God, listen to Big-Brother-Pharma, they have our best interest in mind!!!!! REALLY!!!!!!!!!!! It's not about money at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!!!!!!!&#65279;

Vitamin D for influenza

it is well known that there is a seasonality to influenza that correlates well with the seasonal drop in vitamin D or 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25[OH]D) levels.2 Levels of 25(OH)D are quite low in nursing home residents, and supplementation with 2000 IU of vitamin D can bring levels to normal safely in most patients.3 The use of vitamin D as a prophylactic for influenza has shown promise in prevention of illness and reduction of secondary asthma in children.

Funny how they'll almost never mention things like increasing Vitamin D to decrees your risk of getting the flu, how about giving that cell phone a swipe with a bit of alcohol every now and again, probably more germs on it than money.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 15, 2018, 19:29 DangerDog

I bet he dropped some cool loot, that luxury yacht for one.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record
11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record Oct 15, 2018, 17:38 DangerDog

Wow, this game is so popular I must be missing out on something great.

I guess I need to buy it right away too

Herd mentality marketing gimmicks are 100% effective

/s

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2018, 19:58 DangerDog

bigspender wrote on Oct 14, 2018, 19:13:
The Flu Nearly Killed Him. Now He Says 'Get The Vaccine.'

Or we can stop all animal agriculture, eat plant-based meat (until lab grown meat comes out) and the flu will go extinct......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G20cooZOiYE

I mean I've been to a vegan steakhouse, let's not live like industrialized goat herds.

old video but still relevant, don't worry though because they've since genetically modified the bird flu virus so that it's more effective at human-to-human transmission, so they can study it. lol

aside from being super rich and building a bunker under the Denver International Airport your only other option is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-wTeBflzSY

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2018, 17:48 DangerDog

New Bond is double O complete zero.

I don't know if the Bond franchise can afford another George Lazenby.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2018, 17:44 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 14, 2018, 14:36:
Now we know what hastened William's death, he was an official beer taste tester for Coors and continued to taste test until his 100th birthday.

It was the 28 hour road trip from Texarkana back to Atlanta that did him in.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Video
19. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Video Oct 13, 2018, 15:37 DangerDog

Razumen wrote on Oct 13, 2018, 08:04:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2018, 05:24:
The demo was live but it was 100% pre-scripted.

All demos are pre-scripted, that doesn't mean anything. And the guy fudges a jump and dies, I'm pretty sure they didn't plan that.

Watched someone playing the Alpha 3.3 PTU on youtube, Didn't look anything like what they showed off in the demo. It's like they added just enough content to make that presentation but nothing more.

9. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Video Oct 13, 2018, 05:24 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 22:38:
I know I'm often snarky and a dick against his game, but that video was very cool (the city part of it anyway) I enjoyed watching it.

I have two major worries though:

1) At this level of detail and the apparent size that they're building it (I thought the train moving through the level was really awesome), it will take them 10000 man years to build 100 star systems worth of content. They have, what, 500 people? So expect this to launch by 2038...

2) Walking through that city for 30 minutes just to get ready for a mission is going to make everyone so... fucking... bored... This is the age of GIVE IT TO ME NOW, how on earth do they think people are going to want to do this over and over again? At least tell me that your character can actually RUN, and he was just walking so he could show off the level?

And a minor worry: If your UI and your underlying systems are so complicated that even your devs themselves don't know how it all works, that's a clear sign that it's WAY too complicated.

Still, the city was cool. I honestly wanted to play that as they were walking through it. I only wanted to play it once, but I did at least want to play it.

1. obviously you'll be limited to what areas you can enter, the scale of the city is just atmosphere, just a facade like when you're standing in main street at disneyland. Even with some sort of procedural level building tool you couldn't make every building capable of going inside.

2. it was being shown off with a console controller for the smooth motion factor, you can run but it's like the citadel in mass effect 1 where only like 10% of gammers actually left the citadel part. (this was according to someone who worked on the game).

The tram effect is neat and always a fan favorite because it calls back to games like Half Life for those old enough to remember, but in a game where you have to traverse back and forth through the environment just to buy a gun it's going to get old pretty fast.

The demo was live but it was 100% pre-scripted.

3. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Video Oct 12, 2018, 21:42 DangerDog

so many game systems with zero ability to even know what they do.

we better pick up a multi-tool so when we come across that part in the mission where you have to cut through those things on a panel which we give you no indication that you can cut them or you'll be stuck and have to start over, or you might just end up wondering aimlessly because you didn't figure out the secret puzzle.

train rides with a 5 minute wait time because we want to you really immerse yourself in being bored, maybe go count rivets on a textured panel to pass the time.

https://youtu.be/7XHa6Foazgg?t=2494

console cheat code in 5....4....3....2

positive comment though, the environments look amazing.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released
15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released Oct 12, 2018, 18:42 DangerDog

Retired wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 18:25:
I don't agree with anything you said. Uninstall, go play whatever it is you play.

You'll be doing the same as soon as the cheaters show up, don't kid yourself.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2018, 16:16 DangerDog

PHJF wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 15:14:
Did nobody besides me play Battlefield 1942: Galactic Conquest?

Battlefield: Galactic Conquest will put you in the role of an every day soldier in the Star Wars universe. You will be able to choose between the Galactic Civil war and The Clone Wars and fight by either means of Land or Air in many of the Vehicles you can see throughout the Star Wars universe.

Take out AT AT walkers with your snowspeeder or battle around huge star destroyers in space, whatever takes your fancy!

the 2nd most anticipated Battlefield 1942 modification after Desert Combat! (official)

What's changed? Disney owns Lucasfilm and EA is paying dearly for the right to make video games based on Star Wars.

There are still some under-the-radar Star Wars mods out there, I think there's one for Arma 3 that's semi active.

6785 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo