Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6039 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 20, 2017, 17:03 DangerDog

Single-Player FPS is dying because the experience is too repetitive game to game and there hasn't been any significant improvement in AI, without even playing a game you know it's going to be extremely linear with bullet sponge character models being the only thing impeding your progress to the end (they don't even do hub designs anymore where you have to find a key) The only selling point is the environment and the polish that goes into it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
21. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 20, 2017, 00:22 DangerDog

If only they had made a Rick and Morty FPS game.

Play as Mr. Poopybutthole? Sign me up.

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
44. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 16:20 DangerDog

They're not going deep enough with microtransactions if you ask me.

You want higher FOV? make it a microtransaction loot box with a sliding scale, 20, 40, 60 and ultra rare 100 degree FOV.

You could do this with so many options from the setting menu, from ability to mute annoying kiddies over VOIP to even tuning SJW bullshit added to games.

WWII authentic mode! Make all other players appear as white male gender for that realistic 1942 feel, one month access for $10.

Come on Activision/EA I know you can do it, make it happen!

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
26. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 05:28 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 05:12:
So does anyone who's mad at loot boxes remember % chance drops from just about any game, especially RPGs for the last 40 years? I do.

Just saying.

The whole RANDOM DROPS thing is A PART OF GAMING THAT'S ALWAYS BEEN THERE! But people act like they woke up today and all of a sudden there's a random chance in video games! That's never been there before! It's like these bitches have never rolled a fucking D20 for Christ's sake. WAAAH I'm an entitled gamer, I should be able to get EVERY ITEM in the game I paid for, how dare anyone tell me otherwise, it's always been this way! WAAAAAHHHH.

If it's loot that you can ONLY buy with real money, then it's Pay-2-Win and should be shunned. If you get the EXACT SAME THING that you'd get from just playing the bloody game normally, then it's a convenience shortcut, so "meh", not amazing, not the end of the world. Games have been doing that shit for a long time, this isn't a new trick in the slightest.

It's yet to be seen how much EA/DICE have pulled back from the beta of Battlefront II but as it was implemented in the beta (it's only words till it's released), but you can't possibly defend that shit.

Some theorize that they put out the worst case scenario for the beta to see if they could get away with it just because "OMG Star Warz!" while all along planing to pull back to make them seem like good guys.

Mixing the cash grab of free to play games mechanics into full retail games is just pure bullshit, oh look no season pass... If they made a fun and engaging game people wouldn't mind spending a little extra money on some bling for their character but let's be reasonable - nothing should alter the game balance.

May the schwartz be with you!

25. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 05:17 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 05:07:
How hard is it to make a single player game with Jedi Knight/Outcast's Saber combat?!?

They already made that game, Force Unleashed 1 & 2.

I guess they could do an updated version with the new star wars themes from the latest movies, I guess some people actually like it but I know I sure don't.

I would fall out of my chair laughing if they made an entire game focused on playing as Rey or Finn.

23. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 05:08 DangerDog

Their attempt at making Battlefield Hardline's single player was pretty weak and that's putting a positive spin on it.

I thought they were working on an open world game that would tie into the new Han Solo movie, something along the lines of Assassins Creed but with Star Wars themes. Doesn't sound like it, just a linear game? I don't think that would work today as a stand on its own title. Battlefront II is just doing what sounds like a check box linear single player portion, most of the focus is on multiplayer.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Live-Action Trailer
10. Re: removed Oct 16, 2017, 19:58 DangerDog

DangerDog wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 14:52:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 16, 2017, 18:36.

awwww shucks

Everyone knows the COD community is full of rainbow sprinkles and gum drops. You won't find a more polite and well mannered group of gamers anywhere, and they're extremely welcoming to people from all walks of life.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Live-Action Trailer
6. removed Oct 16, 2017, 14:52 DangerDog

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 16, 2017, 18:36.

News Comments > Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play?
10. Re: Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play? Oct 14, 2017, 16:13 DangerDog

I suppose he got caught up in the e-sports is the future nonsense, twitch shooters just aren't a thing anymore. How does someone so close to the decline of Unreal Tournament over the years be so far off the mark on where those players went.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback
33. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 21:45 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 20:15:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 19:51:
Also, your point about the 2015 release dropping 40% in 30-days is factually incorrect. It and the season pass stayed at full-price through BFCM and The Force Awaken's release. EA only started permanently dropping the price a year later after engagement dropped. Count on that being the trend for this release.

Again: This is complete bullshit what you wrote there. Why ignore facts?

'Star Wars: Battlefront' Marked Down 40% During Origin's Christmas Sale

And that's xmas 2015. One month after the game came out.

Then two months later, Feb 2016, it went half price ($29.99). Check here or here.

June 2016 it dropped all the way to $19.99.

And a year after it first came out, i.e. xmas 2016 it was $9.99.

lol thanks for putting the work into posting that information.

EA keeps doing this so maybe they'll resist the price drop this time, but I'm betting they won't be able to. Blackfriday sale for sure if they release on the 17th.

16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 16:24 DangerDog

Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 16:18:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 16:11:
Now they need to give a discount to everyone who bought the first one.

Why?

Because even DICE have stated that the game was rushed, so many people felt and still feel burned by the whole experience. Aside from the good will it would generate it would also help their bottom line.

It'll be interesting to see if they try to hold onto a high price point this time, the 2015 version saw a price 40% price drop in 30 days I believe.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 13, 2017, 16:20 DangerDog

Developer to hand out bans, for a single player game.

lol

they'll probably make idle threats about not supporting the PC platform going forward.

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 16:11 DangerDog

Now they need to give a discount to everyone who bought the first one.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2017, 22:38 DangerDog

We've altered the deal, pray we don't alter it any further.

EA walks back on the P2W lootbox scheme, slightly

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2017, 16:01 DangerDog

Before people will spend money on their "Crystals" they'll buy aim-bots to ruin the game.

DICE have never implemented cheat protection worth a damn, now you don't even have server admins to weed out the troublemakers.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 11, 2017, 16:16 DangerDog

Can we get a view count on their videos?

“thousands” of views

lol

News Comments > The Orange Box Turns 10
3. Re: The Orange Box Turns 10 Oct 10, 2017, 22:06 DangerDog

episodic gaming is the future!  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
18. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 10, 2017, 18:22 DangerDog

Yoda fighting with light saber is the lamest thing they ever put into Star Wars, thanks for the reminder though. Like you ever see the Emperor fighting with a light saber psssh Dark Side rules!

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
12. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Oct 10, 2017, 16:29 DangerDog

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 15:32:
I'm a long time Battlefield player. Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017) are so dumbed down that it's laughable.

They want to make these Star Wars games more "accessible" and the experience cinematic. I remember with Battlefront 2015 they were really trying to stress the point that DICE isn't just about Battlefield and that they could design games that weren't just a re-skin job. Did nothing to stop people from calling it Battlefield with Star Wars skins.

It's kind of funny because the original Battlefront games were definitely trying to be Battlefield-like with Star Wars theme.

There's no sandbox mode here, and the "Galactic Assault" maps will probably be somehow stitched together in some form of Galactic Conquest mode at a later date.

They'll still print money with this, hype over the new movie alone will net them millions of copies sold.

News Comments > More VR Resources from Valve
4. Re: More VR Resources from Valve Oct 10, 2017, 02:14 DangerDog

Kxmode wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 23:55:
This screams of desperation. I think VR is reaching the point of unsustainability if a "killer app" doesn't appear soon.

Elite Dangerous is about all I can come up with but I'd rather have sharper picture (4k) than wear a low res headset that gets hot and uncomfortable after about an hour.

6039 Comments. 302 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo