Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 6175 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel
16. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 18:44 DangerDog

They should have petitioned Disney to do it on mobile because Disney holds the rights to make mobile Star Wars games, not EA.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Persistent-World Alien Shooter Plans
2. Re: Persistent-World Alien Shooter Plans Jan 17, 2018, 21:42 DangerDog

If it's based on Alien and Aliens it might be cool, the latest movies hardly offer anything worth making a game over.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jan 17, 2018, 05:34 DangerDog

PC sales are mostly digital, I wouldn't even know where you would look for a retail copy of Battlefront 2.

It's still doing pretty good in game population wise, no problem getting into a game in just a few seconds for all modes.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 16, 2018, 20:53 DangerDog

It's going to cost at least a billion dollars to rework the alert system alone.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 14, 2018, 18:23 DangerDog

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 17:22:
Why believe in a simple mistake when you can play in conspiracy theory fantasy land.

oh I don't know, maybe because it took them 20 minutes to send out another text message that it was a false alarm.

but the system test button could be right next to the "Armageddon just started, this is not a drill" button.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 14, 2018, 16:08 DangerDog

Sounds like they wanted to see what people would do, I don't buy the "wrong button" excuse. If it's politically motivated, what is it that you want to happen? War with North Korea, again?  

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
107. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 17:18 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 16:21:
Chromius wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 16:17:
The sad thing is is how many of you believe CNN and a source of a source of a source as real news.

The brainwashing is significant in this thread.

Please, give us an example of "fake news" from CNN.
Please, just one bit of news from them that was incorrect and remains uncorrected.

've already cited, several times, our own President giving us incorrect information on Twitter, just this week. In case you didn't read it in this lengthy thread, he saIid that he didn't go to the UK because of a bad deal Obama made. Sadly for us, this was misinformation, deliberately or mistakenly, as it was Bush that made the deal.

So there, I've given you an example of Trump giving us "fake news." Your turn to back your claim. Frankly, I expect we just never see you again, like every other person we ask to show us "fake news" on CNN.

How about that time when CNN reported that Trump didn't stand a chance at being President.

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
95. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 16:23 DangerDog

I didn't know the ESA was a go to source of such worldly importance, I wonder why they don't wield this power over removing lootboxes from games.

News Comments > GeForce NOW Beta
2. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 16:06 DangerDog

$25 for 20 hours of gaming, I guess if you're trying to game on a mac or something and it's your only option.  

News Comments > Battalion 1944 Beta Next Week; Early Access Next Month
3. Re: Battalion 1944 Beta Next Week; Early Access Next Month Jan 10, 2018, 16:15 DangerDog

movement looks like a 1:1 copy of CoD.

https://youtu.be/Q8XSFT4kqu4?t=127

CoD clone confirmed.

I would be fine with someone making an authentic CoD 2 clone with better graphics, I always found the player movement in CoD games to be off putting but if your goal is to out CoD Activision then it's a good place to start.

News Comments > Battalion 1944 Beta Next Week; Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Battalion 1944 Beta Next Week; Early Access Next Month Jan 10, 2018, 15:55 DangerDog

Not much to get excited about, they're trying to make a Call of Duty clone.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 4, 2018, 22:10 DangerDog

2017 Fake News
2018 Fake Books

We're making progress!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 4, 2018, 17:16 DangerDog

Seems to affect servers the most, after Intel refreshes the Xenon line in hardware maybe there will be some good deals on ebay and the like.  

News Comments > Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG
38. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 18:17 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 16:50:
Prez wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 15:17:

It's odd that so many people don't get this. Lawbreakers wasn't aimed at the casual market the way Overwatch and the Battle Royale games that are currently all the rage are - it's success was largely hinging upon the buy-in of the hardcore PC gaming market. The very same one he's told to fuck off many times throughout his career. Of course Lawbreakers suffered because of his past indiscretions. That said, given the aforementioned major shortcomings surrounding Lawbreakers, it was never going to be a smash success. At best it was going to be a niche hardcore shooter darling similar to the first Tribes, but I have no doubt it failed to achieve even close to that because of who's project it was.

I think if Lawbreakers had been appealing, it wouldn't have mattered. Instead, he offered a bland game that had been done many times before in a saturated market.

You could replace Lawbreakers with PUBG and it would still hold true, the runaway success of PUBG is probably causing a lot of head scratching around AAA studios.

27. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 14:58 DangerDog

Quinn wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 11:27:
TheEmissary wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 09:56:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 09:38:
Always spread the blame.

How does PUBG's success have anything to do with LawBreakers failure. They are two totally unrelated sub-genres. Games that are sort of similar to it like Overwatch are still thriving. The problem is that the game just didn't seem all that interesting or original.

Their originality was "vertical gameplay". They didn't take into account that fucking nobody likes aiming at epileptic targets above them in the air in an FPS. In fact, the fact that that's how you have to fight Pharah in Overwatch is one of her perks.

And yeah, blame Overwatch which is still as successful as it was since release. PUBG is comparing apples with oranges.

It's kind of ironic because Cliff B. said that he hated Tribes, and then he goes off and makes an aerial FPS shooter. Maybe if he added skiing and jetpacks to the game with outdoor type spaces with rolling hills it would have been better..

26. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 14:53 DangerDog

Seemed like Overwatch was the direct competition, even gearbox failed at carving a niche into that mountain with 'Battleborn'.

Still not sure what Cliff B. was thinking on LawBreakers. Hard core Twitch shooters seems like a recipe for disaster.

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Free Roam Mode Coming
1. Re: Need for Speed Payback Free Roam Mode Coming Jan 2, 2018, 16:01 DangerDog

that's really good news for the 10 people that bought the game.

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
13. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 29, 2017, 16:00 DangerDog

What really sucks is now every game here on out will have to be battle royale.

Not a fan.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 27, 2017, 14:45 DangerDog

Star Wars in video game format has a better chance and surviving the catastrophic missteps made by Disney's movies but I don't think they'll allow for anything creative like a KOTOR game, just too risky.

The single player campaign in Battlefront 2, having a campaign focused entirely on playing as an Imperial Elite trooper was too much for Disney to accept. Two missions in and you change sides. It doesn't even hold a candle to the original Dark Forces in terms of "story".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2017, 12:43 DangerDog

Poor Mark, out of all the original main cast members I think he was the only one that truly loved Star Wars.

6175 Comments. 309 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo