User information for Elwood P. Dowd

Real Name
Elwood P. Dowd
Nickname
LwoodPDowd
Email
Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Playing with yeast to help you live longer.
Homepage
None given.

Supporter

Signed On
August 18, 1999
Total Posts
119 (Novice)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

119 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older

My thoughts are with you and yours
Sep 18, 2003, 17:21
My thoughts are with you and yours Sep 18, 2003, 17:21
Sep 18, 2003, 17:21

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 17:22.
Playing with yeast to help you live longer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: Knees
Feb 26, 2003, 21:24
Re: Knees Feb 26, 2003, 21:24
Feb 26, 2003, 21:24

isn't the color blue usually associated with boys?

i sense another teletubbies scandal!

Come on now, don't be absurd, this is a male dominated society. We love lesbians, especially if they don't talk much. Now a pink male dog, that would be trouble.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!
Feb 16, 2003, 14:45
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity! Feb 16, 2003, 14:45
Feb 16, 2003, 14:45

You and some friends have some fun in a cemetary with a hooker last night?

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: Sopranos
Nov 14, 2002, 01:41
Re: Sopranos Nov 14, 2002, 01:41
Nov 14, 2002, 01:41

I'd like to add that I think the habit the season has had of leaving stories open been a positive thing. The build up of conflicts which culminated in mondays episode (i'm trying to not give anything away while drunk) made the episode that much more impactful. If you want all of your stories to tie them selves up every week, watch network TV. If you want a story that is more indepth than can be covered in a single hour, dig on into the Sopranos. If you don't think Monday's episode was benefited by the many episodes left unfinished, consider all of the possible story directions that the unfinished stories can lead to, the different ways the family's can view Mondays events.

I even like the fact that some of last seasons story lines are still as of yet unfinished. The possiblity of the russian from Buscemi's episode rearing his head still adds a little tension to every episode.

Then again, I am drunk

My e. coli cures cancer!

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 01:42.
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: the 100 song list
Nov 10, 2002, 13:01
Re: the 100 song list Nov 10, 2002, 13:01
Nov 10, 2002, 13:01

abba with 5 of the top 100?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: Please Vote America!
Nov 5, 2002, 23:16
Re: Please Vote America! Nov 5, 2002, 23:16
Nov 5, 2002, 23:16

"I'll show you politics in America, here it is right here: 'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs. I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking. Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy in the middle holding up both puppets.' 'Shut Up! Go back to bed, America, your government is in control. Here's Love Connection, watch this and get fat and stupid. By the way, keep drinking beer, you fucking morons!'"

Bill Hicks

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: Ellen
Nov 3, 2002, 04:26
Re: Ellen Nov 3, 2002, 04:26
Nov 3, 2002, 04:26

When I was a freshmen in college, (to give you an idea of how long ago, my computer was damn near top of the line with a 40mb harddrive) I was using a word processing program called Websters something or other. Late at night, working on a psychology paper due at 8 in the morning, hit spell check and it alphabetized my paper. I found out after a little painful trial and error that if the paper was longer than 8 pages this would happen. Every distint word listed down the whole document starting with a.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Animal House
Sep 18, 2002, 00:25
Animal House Sep 18, 2002, 00:25
Sep 18, 2002, 00:25

Ah return of the pop culture game. I'm guessing everyone thought it was too obvious to deserve a response, either that or it has been so long since we've seen those lovely italics that everyone forgot.

As for the the sounds, not a big fan, but whatever you need to keep the site alive. What amazes me about the sound ads, and most web ads, is how completely ineffective are. I've heard the sounds a few times in the past few weeks, but hadn't nailed down bluesnews as the source. I've always had a few other sites open at the same time, and none of the ads on any of the pages I've been viewing (including blues) ever had anything remotely to do with the sound. Here is a tip for any computer geek turned ad wiz that might be reading this, an ad should bring attention to the product.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Not only Netscape/Mozilla users
Sep 5, 2002, 21:13
Not only Netscape/Mozilla users Sep 5, 2002, 21:13
Sep 5, 2002, 21:13

IE version 5.1 for mac os x, has had the same problem. Had to wait until I got home from work, the message boards don't work with IE 5.1 for mac either.

Good to be back on a PC.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: Why did they bother?
Aug 26, 2002, 23:07
Re: Why did they bother? Aug 26, 2002, 23:07
Aug 26, 2002, 23:07

Yes it's just more empty, uninformative hype, but the questions weren't exactly specific questions which would be served by detailed precise responses. About the only question that would fall into that catagory is the one about the lights, but his answer explained why he couldn't be more specific with an answer.

PlanetQuake3: Are people going to have to hold back a bit and not to crazy with the amount of lights they put into Doom3 levels? Seeing how shadows and lighting will be fully dynamic now, is there a limit to the amount of lights that can be placed in any given area?

Tim Willits: It is actually quite simple, lights create shadows, shadows create polygons, and too many polygons slow the game down. Therefore designers need to be careful with the amount of lights they place the levels.

Basically it depends on how detailed your level is, if there are lots of object in the room that will be casting shadows, you will have to use fewer lights.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: cartoon characters
Jul 31, 2002, 20:30
Re: cartoon characters Jul 31, 2002, 20:30
Jul 31, 2002, 20:30

This just a little more proof of the stupidity of the selectors. It's possible they are thinking solely of the cartoon version of Gumby produced during the 80's, but considering that was just a crappy knock-off of the original claymation version, not likely.

The big thing to consider is the list's target audience. TV Guide readers consider People magazine heavy reading.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: Daffy Duck
Jul 31, 2002, 20:26
Re: Daffy Duck Jul 31, 2002, 20:26
Jul 31, 2002, 20:26

While I still like the new Daffy, the classic Daffy cartoons will forever be my favorites. The only Daffy toons I don't like at all, are the Speedy Gonzalez/Daffy combos.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: No subject
Jul 15, 2002, 22:23
Re: No subject Jul 15, 2002, 22:23
Jul 15, 2002, 22:23

While I agree that collagen filled lips are nasty, hers are naturally that full. Anyone who doesn't appreciate lips that full has never gotten a hummer from a girl with full lips.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: what '128 bit color' really means
Jul 5, 2002, 19:57
Re: what '128 bit color' really means Jul 5, 2002, 19:57
Jul 5, 2002, 19:57

WTF, an anonymous comment that is direct, informative and accurate? I'm stunned.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: Alright!
Jun 29, 2002, 04:11
Re: Alright! Jun 29, 2002, 04:11
Jun 29, 2002, 04:11

Let me start off with the fact that i'm hammered. Despite that, I'm able to see that you are clueless about the most important issues regarding school vouchers. Idiots on the right want them because they hate the state, idiots on the left hate them because they fear it will kill public schools. As always the answer lies in the middle, but not because they are both a little wrong, but because they are both wrong. I'm not going to spend much time describing the problems vouchers creates, because the majority of posters have that as their sole focus, but...Vouchers are a very good thing, and if people who oppose them would spend more time fixing the potential problems they create, than opposing them outright, they might see that.

Public schools are more focused these days on attendence than actually educating the students they are supposed to serve. The dollar rules, and federal dollars are dependent on attendence figures. My neice was witheld from classes for a whole day for showing up 30 minutes late to her first class without my sister giving her a note. What the hell kind of message is that, miss 30 minutes of learning, so we keep you from learning for the whole fucking day.

Vouchers do create much needed competition among public and private schools for the federal dollars they depend on, the point voucher opponents need to focus on is the need for a level playing field for the competition. Insure that students all students who use or want to use federal vouchers to go school have an equal chance regardless of fiscal condition. This means that for all of the students a private school accepts who pay with federal dollars, have to pay nothing beyond the voucher. Admission of all voucher students should be done on a lottery basis with no link to performance, donations, or religion, and that the region of eligible voucher students is equivilant to that of public schools in the area. Private schools should be require to supply transportation to voucher students within an equivalent are that local public schools do, and those that do not have the abilit should have the option to use a portion of voucher dollars equivalent to public school expenditures to buy the service from the local school districts.

I've got alot more to say, but I need to sleep. Damn I'm going to have hell of a hangover this morning.

Just needed to vent even if I was completely incapable of making a valid point.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: Eh?
Jun 1, 2002, 17:12
Re: Eh? Jun 1, 2002, 17:12
Jun 1, 2002, 17:12

The sing is sunning, the shine is birding...??? That doesn't make any sense at all.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

"unless I have to break out the shovel"
Apr 6, 2002, 10:04
"unless I have to break out the shovel" Apr 6, 2002, 10:04
Apr 6, 2002, 10:04

For something other than cleaning up Hudson the Wonder Dog Droppings? Or do you need more of a tractor for that kind of job?

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: Oscar Picks
Mar 24, 2002, 18:29
Re: Oscar Picks Mar 24, 2002, 18:29
Mar 24, 2002, 18:29

http://www.shacknews.com/extras/e_oscar2k2/

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Bolt action rifle suicide
Mar 13, 2002, 02:56
Bolt action rifle suicide Mar 13, 2002, 02:56
Mar 13, 2002, 02:56

http://home.earthlink.net/~sixthfloor/estes.htm

I believe the comedian was Bill Hicks. Can't find a clip of that particular act, but if you want to laugh your ass off go steal a few clips with your favorite p2p software. I highly recommend "your children aren't special", "politics in america", "rockers against drugs", and "oklahoma".

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

Re: IPOD
Mar 1, 2002, 19:34
Re: IPOD Mar 1, 2002, 19:34
Mar 1, 2002, 19:34

http://www.mediafour.com/

By default it isn't compatible, but the company above makes software that lets you use the iPod with windows.

My e. coli cures cancer!
My e. coli cures cancer!
119 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older