Descending
Limit Results:

64 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Capes Next Month
Apr 15, 2024, 23:10
Re: Capes Next Month Apr 15, 2024, 23:10
Apr 15, 2024, 23:10

Wow just hearing the name 'Freedom Force' really took me back, I haven't thought of that game in a very long time. I'm not too saturated on superheros mainly cause I don't watch TV/movies so have skipped much of the horrible hollywood crap that it sounds like has soured many of you. I'm hopeful that the genre can create some cool gaming experiences in the future but I know it will be hit or miss for awhile (with a lot of misses)

Re: Evening Metaverse
Apr 15, 2024, 23:03
Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 15, 2024, 23:03
Apr 15, 2024, 23:03

Yes hear hear!! I know it isn't much, especially since I've never been a big youtuber, but anytime I see a link pointing to a Youtube video, I give it a second thought as to how important it is to watch that video. I use noscript so I never see adds on websites unless I want to support that site but I just don't even like the idea of supporting google in any capacity (at least directly with clicks)

Re: Business & Finance
Apr 15, 2024, 22:58
Re: Business & Finance Apr 15, 2024, 22:58
Apr 15, 2024, 22:58

Wow that Latoya Peterson article is very good, really digs into the systemic problem with funding games and why we won't see a change in the gaming industry until funding changes.So sad to see what's happened to one of my main hobbies, I'm really glad I was able to experience gaming in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s before things started getting out of hand. Not sure where it will go from here but it seems like a change has to happen at some point (just not sure if the change will be good or bad for the gamers)

Re: Morning Mobilization
Apr 11, 2024, 21:32
Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 11, 2024, 21:32
Apr 11, 2024, 21:32

I have not done research but I believe this issue is mostly due to people buying very cheap bikes with cheap batteries. I could be wrong though, I know my personal experience is just a very small sample size so not at all reliable as a source of truth. I've had 2 Specialized e-bikes over the last 7 years and have over 7,000 miles on them combined. I ride just about every day and absolutely love it, they are pedal assist bikes which means they just help me go faster when I pedal. However half the time I ride without any 'juice' because it's a great workout bike

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Apr 11, 2024, 21:22
Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 11, 2024, 21:22
Apr 11, 2024, 21:22

Sweet thanks all for the good info on Linux and the cool free sandbox app I've also been wanting to start checking out Linux since I foresee a time where I will want to jump ship from Windows. Appreciate the good info and a solid place to start playing around

Re: Slay the Spire 2 Revealed
Apr 11, 2024, 21:08
Re: Slay the Spire 2 Revealed Apr 11, 2024, 21:08
Apr 11, 2024, 21:08

I remember reading about STS long ago and thinking it just wasn't up my alley... Then I finally tried the game and along with Monster Train, I've completely changed my tune on this genre of games. I almost can't imagine not playing these types of games now, it's wild to see such a change in one's self but goes to show what having an open mind/heart can bring to your life

Re: Goons: Legends & Mayhem Released
Apr 11, 2024, 21:05
Re: Goons: Legends & Mayhem Released Apr 11, 2024, 21:05
Apr 11, 2024, 21:05

I suggest checking out 'Tape to Tape' if you like hockey games. It's still getting updates and fighting is coming in a future update. It's sad the PC doesn't see more fun hockey games but maybe a change is coming?!

Re: Steam Deckbuilders Fest
Mar 25, 2024, 21:26
Re: Steam Deckbuilders Fest Mar 25, 2024, 21:26
Mar 25, 2024, 21:26

There is a good amount of variety to the genre these days. If interested, I strongly suggest checking out Monster Train and/or Slay the Spire. Both very very good examples that lean in different directions but are ultimately very fun regardless of immediate competency of the genre. Another fun game that leans into RPG territory and can be a longer type of game that you come back to over many plays is Gordian Quest.

Not even sure if those are on sale but they are well worth the full asking price imo

Re: Dragon's Dogma 2 Released
Mar 22, 2024, 00:43
Re: Dragon's Dogma 2 Released Mar 22, 2024, 00:43
Mar 22, 2024, 00:43

Man so sad to hear about the crappy MTX practices in this game. I really loved DD1, such a fun action RPG, climbing on monsters while my pawns shot arrows and spells... I'll never forget when I was running around early game and stumbled into a dragon, barely was able to escape alive! DD2 looks like more of that awesomeness but saddled down with MTX and poor optimization. The optimization will be fixed but the stink of MTX in a single player is tough to support. I'll wait til some awesome mods come out and then likely get it on sale.

Re: Horizon Forbidden West CE
Mar 22, 2024, 00:36
Re: Horizon Forbidden West CE Mar 22, 2024, 00:36
Mar 22, 2024, 00:36

I really loved the first game, probably one of the best open world action games I've ever played. So I had to jump on the second one (no preorder but day1). The reviews are great, sounds like another really good port from Nixxes which is great news since they are handling the Ghost of Tsushima port as well.

Demon Souls will likely be the next Sony port after GoT, it's one of the few games from that nvidia leak that hasn't released yet (pretty much every other one has so far). Maybe it'll get released before Christmas 2024, would be a nice closer for the year especially with Elden Ring DLC coming in June.

Re: All Access
Mar 15, 2024, 01:07
Re: All Access Mar 15, 2024, 01:07
Mar 15, 2024, 01:07

Yess I remember that too, I had to look it up since I remember it giving me a good giggle. Crazy stuff and shows the adaptability of life

*a search for goldfish drives remote controlled car will get you it

Re: Morning Mobilization
Mar 11, 2024, 20:21
Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 11, 2024, 20:21
Mar 11, 2024, 20:21

I know I'm not the usual case but I've been gaming on laptops for about 15 years now and I'm not sure I'll ever go back to desktops (I used to build my own long ago). The portability is just too amazing and allows me to travel and bring my games with me. I also don't need super amazing quality in graphics, I'm fine with using medium settings. I'm on my 3rd laptop over those 15 years so in general 1 every 5 years and looking to get my next one this year. I use the old one for my recording studio and I gave my oldest one away to my nephew as a Christmas gift.

I've personally had great laptops from ASUS, they seem to really handle the heating well so they are my go to brand. I still use my current and old laptops pretty much every day. However I can see how if you didn't need portability (specifically for demanding games now with the Steam deck handling many games), the desktop is the better option, I just love being able to take my laptop anywhere and game without needing to mess with cables. Just unplug and go!

Re: Dragon's Dogma 2 Character Creator
Mar 7, 2024, 20:21
Re: Dragon's Dogma 2 Character Creator Mar 7, 2024, 20:21
Mar 7, 2024, 20:21

This is an ingenious idea, I usually spend a good amount of time working on my character and the pawn so allowing me to do this early is sweet! Saves me time so once it launches, I can jump right in and it gets everyone playing around/thinking about the game before it launches.

Super excited for this game, I really liked the first one and it sounds like the sequel doesn't pull any punches or try to curtail it's vision to meet trends. My only concern is if my PC can handle it, I'm due for an upgrade but have been holding off for the RTX 4 series to drop in price a little. Between this and the new Horizon and Ghosts in May... not sure how long I'll be able to hold out!!

Re: Evening Safety Dance
Feb 28, 2024, 20:15
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 28, 2024, 20:15
Feb 28, 2024, 20:15

That Github story is very sad and scary... it sucks that it only takes a few bad people to ruin something that is great for so many others. I'm worried about it's future and also about the idea of AI pulling from hacked code and providing it to others. Seems like it will only get worse until some major changes are made in how new projects are forked and uploaded.

Re: Respawn's Star Wars FPS Cancelled
Feb 28, 2024, 20:10
Re: Respawn's Star Wars FPS Cancelled Feb 28, 2024, 20:10
Feb 28, 2024, 20:10

Sad news, sounds like no taking risks, trying new ideas... I like Respawn but it stinks to see talented teams work on the same games/IPs all the time. Thank goodness for indie and smaller devs pushing boundaries and trying new concepts!

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants in April
Feb 28, 2024, 20:02
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants in April Feb 28, 2024, 20:02
Feb 28, 2024, 20:02

I got a little excited when I heard about this since I also love the old beat-em ups and arcade games... but oh my... I just shook my head in disbelief after seeing that trailer, like what in the hell is this

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Feb 14, 2024, 19:43
Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 14, 2024, 19:43
Feb 14, 2024, 19:43

Though I don't live in the EU, I do have an Optoma UST lamp based projector as my PC 'monitor'. I guess I should stock up on replacement bulbs just in case this leads to their removal from sale. I couldn't think of going back to a regular screen after being used to the 80" projection I've been using for almost a decade now, I'm spoiled Though I have been looking into the LED based projectors, their brightness usually isn't as good and their cost is much higher...

Re: To extend a lithium-metal EV battery's life, just drain it and let it sit, find Stanford sc
Feb 14, 2024, 19:37
Re: To extend a lithium-metal EV battery's life, just drain it and let it sit, find Stanford sc Feb 14, 2024, 19:37
Feb 14, 2024, 19:37

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 14, 2024, 19:09:
MeanJim wrote on Feb 14, 2024, 18:48:
What do I do after I find the Stanford scientists?
Show them the discharge, it should be clear and smell of elderberries. I'm not sure how long you'll have to sit.
Thanks fellas, this really got me laughing hard, it felt good Appreciate the laughs!

Re: Subnautica 2 Not Coming This Year; Will Not Have GaaS Features
Feb 9, 2024, 01:06
Re: Subnautica 2 Not Coming This Year; Will Not Have GaaS Features Feb 9, 2024, 01:06
Feb 9, 2024, 01:06

Interesting to see devs tip toe around this word/concept, mainly due to how poorly some devs have handled these types of games. I was thinking about how many games I would have loved to receive continuous updates or even the old 'expansion pack' concept to keep things fresh. It just seems that instead of going with expansions, many live service or GaaS games decide to bake the monetary schemes right into the gameplay along with FOMO rotating/limited time shops, paywalls to win, and other addictive/gambling design aspects meant to keep people in the game as long as possible. It's weird to see how things have turned out but I'm glad that some of these practices are getting shunned by gamers (even though many games with these practices are still supported by plenty of others).

Re: Virtual Reality Check
Feb 1, 2024, 00:48
Re: Virtual Reality Check Feb 1, 2024, 00:48
Feb 1, 2024, 00:48

Good point for sure, I think it just shows how good Apple is at crafting and keeping a loyal rabid fanbase. They could piss on their supporters and they would just take it in the face and ask for more I'm often fascinated at the lengths apple fans will defend and fight for them even when it's something that is clearly not in the customers favor. The power of brands can be crazy when consumers fight for a brand because they perceive it represents them or defend a brand because it's almost like they are defending themselves... weird to watch actually
64 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older