Limit Results:

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available
Feb 22, 2021, 10:43
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 22, 2021, 10:43
Feb 22, 2021, 10:43

Quinn wrote on Feb 22, 2021, 03:21:
It was a bad analogy plain and simple.the fact that there's a huge quality difference between Blu-ray and DVD and there's exactly no quality difference between the game on EGS or the game on Steam is exactly why I thought his "sub-standard" comment was so ridiculous. What? So your friends aren't on EGS, nor achievements and voice-chat (I had no idea anyone uses that tbh) and every game is suddenly sub-standard? Just gimme a break. That people have become so fucking anal about where they want to buy their games is ri-di-cu-lous period. And not just that. It's the boycotting of EGS that goes alongside it that really makes it so.

Give EGS a break. Their platform will improve. Steam was the same horrendous mess for a decade. Sure they were the first bla bla bla we get it, Steam4Life. I for one am very happy to see this attempt to end a monopoly. I have zero issues with EGS. 1.) Multi-player is cross-storefront, 2.) Achievements I miss but a little and will come to EGS eventually, 3.) Steam voice-chat? Wtf. I just use Discord all the time anyway.
The features you dismissed with your "gimme a break" comment are exactly why games on EGS are sub-standard. Epic laid out a roadmap almost two years ago laying out all the features they would bring to EGS 'soon', which included most of the standard things everyone expects from a modern digital storefront. They missed every milestone and never delivered on any of it. If your game and/or platform is lacking features that are standard everywhere else, then by definition your product is sub-standard. That is literally what it means.

I suppose a better analogy for the movie angle would be if both stores offered the Blu-Ray, but one is the 2 disc deluxe edition, with deleted scenes, a commentary track, a code for a digital copy of the movie, and a bunch of other stuff in addition to the actual movie. Oh, both versions cost the same, too. You would be technically correct to say that they're the same movie with no difference in quality. But they're not even close to being the same product. You might not care about those extras, but a lot of people do and flippantly dismissing their concerns doesn't magically make everything better.

And, sure, Steam was a bit bare bones when it launched. But that was 2004, and Valve was wading into largely virgin waters. Epic launched in December, 2018. Times, and peoples' expectations, have changed in the almost 15 years in between. Epic needs to step it up and get with the times, and their fans need to stop defending their laziness and apathy.

Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available
Feb 21, 2021, 14:54
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 14:54
Feb 21, 2021, 14:54

Too little too late. At this point I've already decided to wait until the Steam release. It's where I own the previous two games already, and it's where all my friends are. As long as Epic refuses to add basic features to their storefront every game released there is a sub-standard product as far as I am concerned. I won't pay money to play an inferior product, so I'll just wait.
2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older