Limit Results:

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Game Crossovers
Apr 30, 2024, 11:24
Re: Game Crossovers Apr 30, 2024, 11:24
Apr 30, 2024, 11:24

Darks wrote on Apr 30, 2024, 11:06:
Ill bet you that they are now rushing to get one done Intime for Season 2.

They took 7-8 years to develop Starfield, and that was a hot cow manure.
So I can't even imagine what kind of a clown show Todd and Co. at Bethesda could vomit up if they would rush a new Fallout game.
The best scenario I can think up is that they don't rush Fallout 5, but instead get someone to remake Fallout 1 and 2, isometric and all.
That way you don't need to write anything, the plot is already in place, the characters etc. They could make it modern using 3d models from assets already in Fallout 3,4 and 76 but keep it isometric and turned based, playable on modern systems.
I would buy that on the spot.

Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Hits New Peak; Adds CCU Cap
Feb 19, 2024, 10:19
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Hits New Peak; Adds CCU Cap Feb 19, 2024, 10:19
Feb 19, 2024, 10:19

I've been playing this with buddies and it's a total blast.
WE are having so much fun, and co-op is the only way to play this game.
Playing solo would be like playing Left 4 Dead solo, and the L4D comparison is spot on.
It's like Starship Troopers, meets Terminators riding Star Wars AT-STs with extractions not seen since L4D.

So even if they would add in a solo-only mode that would not be connected to some master server, I would wait until I can play online, the fun factor is that much higher.
That being said, of course, it sucks that it was hard to get into the servers this week, but it's not like true veteran studios of mmo's didn't mess that up in the past also.
And people who think ramping up server capacity by a couple of hundred thousand CCU is something you do in an afternoon, don't understand the first thing about computer infrastructure.

Re: The Steam Awards 2023 Winners
Jan 3, 2024, 10:54
Re: The Steam Awards 2023 Winners Jan 3, 2024, 10:54
Jan 3, 2024, 10:54

The fact that Bethesda is celebrating this on Twitter (under Starfield) shows how out of touch they have become.
First using AI to answer negative reviews on Steam, basically telling players that they are wrong and this is a good game.
Then the whole modding community abandons ship since the problems with the game are so rooted in its outdated engine tech that it will need a rewrite of the whole engine to fix.
Then they don't "get it" when the community fires back and nominates them for Most Innovative Gameplay of the Year as a "joke and poke" for how badly they screwed this over.

They sad thing is that this joke did cost some game companies the reward, companies that truly are trying to innovate and not just copy+paste stuff from Skyrim and Fallout, slap on a space paint, and ship this dumpsterfire of a product.

Re: Microsoft/Activision Deal Closes
Oct 13, 2023, 14:18
Re: Microsoft/Activision Deal Closes Oct 13, 2023, 14:18
Oct 13, 2023, 14:18

I see new skin packs incoming for CoD.
Bill Gates with a special takedown animation with a vaccine syringe.
Phil Spencer that can throw red rings of death at you
Steve Ballmer that can stomp you to death while screaming "Developers"

Fun times ahead.

Re: Counter-Strike Ends Legacy Support; CS:GO Legacy Version and Refund Details
Oct 10, 2023, 13:44
Re: Counter-Strike Ends Legacy Support; CS:GO Legacy Version and Refund Details Oct 10, 2023, 13:44
Oct 10, 2023, 13:44

I think for many, myself included, the biggest problem with CS2 is hitboxes not registering, Valve has confirmed this and will be fixing this but there is another issue and that is the visual mismatch created between movement and hit registration. CS2 sub-ticket rate system was meant to resolve the need for higher tick rate servers by registering the sub ticket rate of an action and apply it on the server level, sounds good but what it really means is that something can get registered on the previous frame, with CS-GO it would always get registered on the next frame.

This is a huge change that creates a weird disconnect between what you see and what you get. Players are used to have to wait for network to catch up, that something can get corrected after that fact is new and weird. On paper sub tick rate sounds good, but players are not willing to re-learn, they want the Counter Strike that they know.
Valve should have just upped the tick rate to 128 like the community has been asking them to do for years and resolved everything on the next frame like CS has always done. Maybe the new system is better, but is a major change that everyone needs to adapt to and a large part of the playerbase simply don't want to.

Re: Terminator Survival Game Teased
Jul 8, 2022, 07:34
Re: Terminator Survival Game Teased Jul 8, 2022, 07:34
Jul 8, 2022, 07:34

Hope they spin this, instead of playing as a human, let us play as a Terminator surviving in the warzone, hunting down humans and upgrading yourself with new tech to better detect the hideouts of the meatbags, as you travel deeper into the warzone communication with Skynet gets lost and you need to survive by building footholds to repair and recharge. As you lie waste to the human infestation you collect DNA materials so at your base you can grow living tissue around your metal skeleton in order to infiltrate the harder human hideouts.

I want that game

Re: Grounded Official Release in September
Jul 4, 2022, 16:26
Re: Grounded Official Release in September Jul 4, 2022, 16:26
Jul 4, 2022, 16:26

An early access game getting released, that's news in its self

Re: The Steam Awards
Jan 5, 2021, 10:30
Re: The Steam Awards Jan 5, 2021, 10:30
Jan 5, 2021, 10:30

Outstanding Visual Style: Ori and the Will of the Wisps

This one is spot freaking on, I had the pleasure to play this game using HDMI 2.1 with oled dynamic HDR enabled TV, it was amazing. The color contrast and how HDR was used for light rays in the forest and other levels in the game was impressive. Being a dinosaur I felt the same way as I felt when I booted up Shadow of the Beast on the Amiga for the first time

Re: CD PROJEKT Plans
Dec 30, 2020, 08:55
Re: CD PROJEKT Plans Dec 30, 2020, 08:55
Dec 30, 2020, 08:55

"... by misleading investors.."
This is a key sentence and perhaps the only way this lawsuit will go someplace.
Unfortunately for CDPR there is evidence that management lied about the state of the game, hid facts about stability, even knew that it was unplayable on current gen consoles but told investors that is was "running surprisingly well" when asked about console performance.

Skuggasveinn.

Re: Two Cyberpunk 2077 Lawsuits
Dec 25, 2020, 23:08
Re: Two Cyberpunk 2077 Lawsuits Dec 25, 2020, 23:08
Dec 25, 2020, 23:08

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2020, 18:39:
Catch 22. Investors:
"Deliver your big game by the holidays, or we'll sue!"
"Deliver a bug-free game, or we'll sue!"

Not really, there is a catch 22 here, but not the one you think.
Its the board that ultimately decides what happens when, investors elect the board and since the founders of CD Project Red still hold a great deal of share, they are mostly the board.
[url=]https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/capital-group/board-of-directors/[/url]
CDR management is no tool to some outside investors demand, they ARE THEM to a large degree.

The catch 22 is this, management of CDR had 2 options, be upfront about the state of the game to other investors, and potentially start a chain reaction of investors pulling out or jumping ship, sending the signal to the market that something is really really wrong, tanking the stock and their pockets as well, sending the whole project to a potential stop.
Or they could do what they did, repeatedly lie about the state of the game, keep smiling and waving to the other investors for as long as they can, smile through Aprils release day, smile through September and also Octobers release days, they simply couldn't do it any longer, how are you going to explain that you need more time when you have lied one year before that the game was playable from start to finish (sources from employees confirm that in January 2020 when that message went out to investors that it was a complete lie, the game was in a bad shape), how are you going to ask for more time when investor asked in October how the game was performing on current gen consoles and the CEO lied that it "was running surprisingly well" even if everyone on the project knew that the game was utter crap on consoles.

The blame here is CDR management, and theirs alone. They have opened themselves up to a lawsuit, then only good think about this for gamers is that since the management are shareholders they have an invested interest to fix this mess.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13M Copies
Dec 23, 2020, 07:10
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13M Copies Dec 23, 2020, 07:10
Dec 23, 2020, 07:10

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 23, 2020, 06:31:
To be fair in the Witcher 3 a fair number of quests (both main and side) had different results depending on your actions and dialogue. So while CP77 is a narrrative RPG, like the Witcher3, if what Skugga has written about the game above is true, then CP77 is quite a bit more limited in it's choices than the Witcher 3 was.

I always feel like I'm in a tunnel all the time with Cyberpunk, It came to the point that I thought I had to be doing something fundamentally wrong, because even though I was trying to make the opposite decisions then in my first playthrough I always found myself in the same spot that I was before. So I started reading walkthroughs and they confirmed my fear, you are on rails until the mission "Nocturne OP55N1", then the game warns you that this is the point of no return and you need to choose the path to the ending.
Several guides even said, and I quote "no ending is missable, as after each one you'll start back to Nocturne OP55N1 again to continue playing the game as you wish."

So why did I create a new character with different gender etc, it does not matter, why did I play all the story missions again, just load your save from the point of no return and try out the other endings, even if it makes zero sense that your character would make peace with the corpos, its still there, available, no ending is missable, you can't burn bridges because your actions don't effect the outcome, this game has the illusion of choose until you play it again. I feel that multiple choose dialog and real changes got cut, the game has all the elements to be great, all the pieces are there, but it got slimmed down, linearized and shipped way before living up to its potential.

Skuggasveinn.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13M Copies
Dec 23, 2020, 06:23
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13M Copies Dec 23, 2020, 06:23
Dec 23, 2020, 06:23

My problem with Cyberpunk has nothing to do with the bugs and slow performance.
I'm on my second playthrough having finished it one time before, and this game is on rails, your chooses do not matter in the outcome of events in any large degree.
Most of the time dialog has one, yes one option to move forward, if you are lucky it has two options that add flair but don't change anything.
Play the game how ever you want, but in the end you will find yourself on the same rooftop with the same 3 chooses how to finish the game, just like the mass effect fiasco.

If I needed to tell somebody what kind of a game this is, I would ask him "have you ever played Assassins Creed ?, you know where you play a predefined character on a large map and there is stuff happening on the map but the story goes from A to B, yeah, its like that".

Skuggasveinn.

Re: PC DEATH STRANDING Augmented with Cyberpunk 2077 Content
Dec 17, 2020, 15:09
Re: PC DEATH STRANDING Augmented with Cyberpunk 2077 Content Dec 17, 2020, 15:09
Dec 17, 2020, 15:09

I was just going to say, when one of my favorite AI started talking to my in Cyberpunk I was just smiling the whole time
13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older