"Cave Johnson: We're Done Here."

Re: Cyperpunk 2077 Lead Gameplay Designer Leaving CDPR
Mar 23, 2021, 03:31
Re: Cyperpunk 2077 Lead Gameplay Designer Leaving CDPR Mar 23, 2021, 03:31
Mar 23, 2021, 03:31

Bishi wrote on Mar 23, 2021, 03:21:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 23, 2021, 00:57:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 22, 2021, 20:44:
Despite the amicable language, I have no doubts Cyberpunk 2077's results are the cause for his departure. In case you're wondering, no, he wasn't the game designer of Witcher 3. He worked in the QA department, then was promoted to Gamer Designer for Witcher 3: Blood and Wine. Going from DLC Game Designer to lead designer on a full product and a new IP doesn't always pan out well. The guys who made Witcher 3 a stand-out were "demoted" to secondary positions under Andrzej Zawadzki's direction, or they didn't want the responsibility. They preferred to be in the trenches making the product. Maybe it was a little of both.

Man blood and wine was really good but not as good as Heart of Stone.

I haven't played more than 1 hour of Cyberpunk so far because I'm waiting for patches to enjoy it.

I hear the story in cyberpunk is convoluted and boring but the game play itself isn't so bad. Which is basically the opposite of witcher 3 where the story echoes through my mind all the time and the game play is a little boring.

Sorry to break it to you but CP gameplay gets as boring as W3 (dullest combat ever) after about 10 hours or so when you really start to see the cracks in it's veneer, it really is a very shallow game and doesn't have have the humour and engaging quest lines that W3 had to prop it up.

Sorry to break it to you, but a lot of people (myself included) very much enjoyed both the story and the gameplay of Cyberpunk, and didn't find it shallow at all. Also, FWIW, I tried the first Witcher game, and hated the basic gameplay of it so much, I never came back. I found combat to be so counter intuitive, I wanted to never return to it. I'm told other people had different reactions to it, and none of their opinions are any less valid than mine.

CP's story was thought provoking and engrossing, an interesting study in how two minds sharing one brain eventually have to find some equilibrium or simply consume another. That level of engagement isn't for everybody.

Re: Bloodlines 2 Delayed Again; Developer Removed
Feb 24, 2021, 03:50
Re: Bloodlines 2 Delayed Again; Developer Removed Feb 24, 2021, 03:50
Feb 24, 2021, 03:50

Acleacius wrote on Feb 23, 2021, 21:15:
Task wrote on Feb 23, 2021, 20:35:
True, in the Secret Ending there's still a way to for V to go off in search of a cure. I'm not so sure they couldn't change perspectives in the Endings (at least some).

That's also in line for how the Nomad's storyline currently wraps up, so I feel like that may be the end canon if the sequel wants to do more with V, and not just create another new character from scratch (which, to be honest, might also be the plan).

Re: Bloodlines 2 Delayed Again; Developer Removed
Feb 23, 2021, 16:54
Re: Bloodlines 2 Delayed Again; Developer Removed Feb 23, 2021, 16:54
Feb 23, 2021, 16:54

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 23, 2021, 11:56:
Almost completely unrelated, I went ahead and finished Cyberpunk 2077 finally, and I must report that at least two of the (six?) endings infuriated me greatly. I am going to do some more endings today, but I feel like the endings didn't all need to be this grim. Damn you, grimdark cyberpunk 1980s era fiction!

The Nomads ending felt like the perfect sci-fi western conclusion to me, like, note-for-note, beat-for-beat exactly what I wanted out of it.

Re: Vicarious Visions Working on Diablo II Remake: Report
Jan 24, 2021, 15:50
Re: Vicarious Visions Working on Diablo II Remake: Report Jan 24, 2021, 15:50
Jan 24, 2021, 15:50

Blizzard: New things? Psssh. Fuck that. Live off of recycling a time when we were great for as long as we can, fam.

Re: Epic Sues Apple and Google in the UK
Jan 16, 2021, 03:01
Re: Epic Sues Apple and Google in the UK Jan 16, 2021, 03:01
Jan 16, 2021, 03:01

WaltC wrote on Jan 15, 2021, 17:45:
Amusing when you consider that no one would sit still for Dell forcing their customers to buy their software exclusively though the Dell store and nowhere else, while Dell keeps 30% of the proceeds. Imagine if, on top of that, Dell decided what the owners of Dell computers could buy and what they could not. Nope, can't imagine that because no one would stand for it. Apple customers, however, are used to it. I hope that Epic succeeds--Apple software/hardware customers have been brow-beaten and dominated so long By Apple they no longer understand when they are being taken--even with $1k monitor stands...;)

Except, of course, that if Dell computers was forced to provide technical support for non-Dell software, and if Dell Computing was forced to provide infrastructure and distribution for all the non-Dell software companies, and, oh oh!, and if Dell wasn't being paid by any of the people using their framework, you'd be up in arms. Epic's argument is ridiculous - we want all of Apple's tools, analytics, data, support and framework, and we don't want to pay a single penny for it. They want all of the information from Apple's marketplace, they insist that Apple maintain their updates and connectivity work... It's not like Epic is doing this out of any sense of nobleness. They're literally trying to say "we shouldn't have to pay for any of this, because we don't want to, and we still demand you provide all of it."

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13M Copies
Dec 23, 2020, 02:57
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13M Copies Dec 23, 2020, 02:57
Dec 23, 2020, 02:57

Honestly, Cyberpunk has been one of the most enjoyable game experienced I've had in a decade. I've spent 70+ hours in it, completed the main storyline once (to see one of the seven endings) and as eager as I am to see the others, I've loved every minute I've spent with it.

Have there been some bugs? Absolutely. Some floating cigarettes, some weird camera bugs, a couple of crashes (but that was on the day one patch, 1.05 seems to have fixed that), and one mission in particular where the button I was supposed to push just wasn't appearing in the UI but once I tried it the mission completed fine.

The writing is fantastic. There are a couple of bits where Keanu's a little stodgier than I would've liked, but decisions I've made have actual impact on the story, and not just obvious things like choices made in a conversation tree, but how I've approached missions and my very play style have had legit consequences moving through the narrative.

Most of the reviews I've read that don't care for it seem to have had either unfair expectations going into the game, or have simply grown upset that the game doesn't conform to the narrative they wanted going into it, neither of which strikes me as particularly valid, especially since a bunch of the reviews have made it pretty obvious they just rushed through the main storyline to get to the ending, and did virtually none of the side quests, which is where both the meat of the game and the meat of the narrative take place. They demonstrate in reading their reviews that they took neither the time to engage with the game, nor did they experience more than a cursory glance of the narrative itself.

Honest to god, I've enjoyed the game so much, it's the first one I've wanted to throw more at, just as a thank you for the experience. If you want to wait the 3-6 months for a more bug-free experience, I don't blame you one bit, and absolutely can condone that. But if you have any love for cyberpunk as a genre, or narrative games as a concept, and decide to skip this, I think you're doing yourself a wild disservice.

Re: Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico Collapses Weeks After Suffering Major Damage.
Dec 1, 2020, 15:33
Re: Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico Collapses Weeks After Suffering Major Damage. Dec 1, 2020, 15:33
Dec 1, 2020, 15:33

Goatees are the way to go. I've had mine pretty consistently since 1998.

Re: Into the Black
Oct 7, 2020, 02:48
Re: Into the Black Oct 7, 2020, 02:48
Oct 7, 2020, 02:48

afka Rossini wrote on Oct 7, 2020, 01:38:
I really liked both versions of the band. Dave was great for the time he was there. Sammy* was a nice shot in the arm when they could have gone stale in the back half of the 80's. But the true star of the band was Eddie. I'm glad we still have his music.

I like how pretty much everyone glossed over Van Halen III with Gary Cherone on lead vocals.

But yeah, EVH was one of a kind.

Re: Command & Conquer Turns 25
Sep 27, 2020, 23:35
Re: Command & Conquer Turns 25 Sep 27, 2020, 23:35
Sep 27, 2020, 23:35

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 27, 2020, 22:40:
I would love another Dune RTS. I tried getting Dune 2000 working a while back and it was an abysmal failure.

We did that. I worked on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor:_Battle_for_Dune

Re: Descent: Underground Legal Complications
Sep 16, 2020, 14:47
Re: Descent: Underground Legal Complications Sep 16, 2020, 14:47
Sep 16, 2020, 14:47

Dev wrote on Sep 16, 2020, 13:49:
That's a poor choice for license terms to sign the contract with a hard deadline.
Should have negotiated for what interplay and bethesda did with fallout (if we are developing the game significantly we can keep using the license). It would have worked out way better for these guys than it did for interplay lol

You have to understand, if there's a way to do literally everything wrong... that's what Interplay's going to do. It's in their DNA.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Sep 8, 2020, 15:55
Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 8, 2020, 15:55
Sep 8, 2020, 15:55

LurkerLito wrote on Sep 8, 2020, 15:02:
When I saw only 3 episodes of The Boys S2 on Amazon I skipped watching it. I am waiting for it all to be there before I even bother watching. Amazon might just cancel it due to poor ratings, but it'll be their own dam fault.

Amazon renewed the show for a third season before the second season even aired, so... no.
12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older