Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 457 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > GDC Award Winners
1. Re: GDC Award Winners Mar 21, 2019, 11:12 Spektr

Interesting that of all games i bought this year, I don't own any of these.
I wonder which of these I should try out.. Apart from the obvious console elephant in the room.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human
5. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 20, 2019, 18:31 Spektr

That $@# use the trickle-down theory economists have started admitting it doesn't work.  

News Comments > Google Announces Stadia, Their Streaming Service
29. Re: Google Announces Stadia, Their Streaming Service Mar 19, 2019, 18:24 Spektr

DukeFNukem wrote on Mar 19, 2019, 17:31:
Even if the physics and AI are handled on a more capable system in the cloud, you'll still have to download all the static assets of the game. Graphics, sounds, in-game video cut-scenes.
It would be completely stupid to stream static assessts on a 100% on-demand basis.

I think the idea is to only get the final render basically you send your client's signals, the server computes game interaction and you stream back 60 4k images per second and sound.
Where I live it's just not realistic to imagine it's going to be playable. High res Video streams often require some kind of buffering for a while before stream can be watched.
That raises many questions, the cost of investment in infrastructures to make connections better, access in rural areas, poor countries, bandwidth waste and environmental issues. I am very curious about this technology as an interesting experience but I don't imagine it being viable right now but I'm not a visionnary. And not sure it's a good thing, first for the waste of ressources it will entail for a benefit that has yet to be defined. I am not sure the games will be more expensive but users will have to pay for the infrastructures as a subscrioption. Maybe more viable than the MMORPG subscription model as it doesnt force one to stick to one game per month but who wants to pay a subscription for that? People who can't invest for an expensive pc will find it great and we will see the advent of cards or motherboards that can stream 4k videos with poor 3d performance.
Maybe they will be the rage in netcafés but they better have a good network...
Sorry but I'll stick to my big rig.

News Comments > Two Point Hospital: Pebberley Island Released
1. Re: Two Point Hospital: Pebberley Island Released Mar 19, 2019, 06:13 Spektr

I was curious about this game, but is it as corny as the video?  

News Comments > Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives "PROCOMPETITIVE"
46. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 19:01 Spektr

PC is not console?
Well the new consoles are PCs and Rockstar started off as a PC developer. They are still making games for PC and have demonstrated they could make a better version of their engine on PC so there is certainly a point to not adapt RDR and RDR2 to PC but I doubt the reason is that PCs are not consoles

44. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 18:54 Spektr

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 14:41:
I call my dick PROCOMPETITIVE too, but it doesn't really seem to make much of a change...
Because you made it platform exclusive? :p

43. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 18:53 Spektr

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 12:16:
Standard Euclidean Trigonometry https://www.britannica.com/topic/transitive-law
Corporations are People C=p
People are consumers p=c
Therefore C=c
Ipso Facto - If it is good for the Corporation it is good for the consumer. Wink
Hehe well as a programmer, a minimum of logical sense is required, I doubt Tim Sweeney thinks like that or the Unreal Engine would have never worked
Not really mad at Epic though. They are not the publishers who promised something to their consumers then proceeded to £££ them in the $$$ for more profit. Well they might have done it in the past but regarding the Epic store it's not really the case. ok they are encouraging others to do that. So they are not much better. But I am not taking it personally. They are not giving the finger to their own customers. Business and competition is the lot of every company that is out there making money. And I guess that with Fortnite they are living their moment and they are thinking it's now or never to think big. He's right to say that it's not like an OS you can have both launchers on your PC. I guess he fails to see that people are pissed off to use multiple launchers. The worse is the Ubi soft games that require Ubi soft launcher even when purchased on Steam… Ah that's an idea for Epic, they should make game that requires the Epic launcher even when on Steam. Now that would be epic...

News Comments > Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans
29. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 14:38 Spektr

Ah ok I am discovering hardware bans. I thought those hardware ids were unique like MAC addresses. I guess most cheaters are not tech savvy?  

News Comments > Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans
27. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 14:25 Spektr

Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 14:21:
What part of HARDWARE ban do they not understand? They CANNOT change the hardware IDs at the software level. The only solution is to buy a new computer.

I would think buying a network card with a new MAC address would be enough but I am reading they can identify processors and other stuff. I
I will read twice next time I accept an EULA, well I will start with once :p

News Comments > Out of the Blue
71. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2019, 19:12 Spektr

Sorry to hear about your loss.. Losing a beloved pet is never easy.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Announced
4. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 15, 2019, 11:03 Spektr

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 10:33:
Prez wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 10:21:
How different a story it would have been had No Man's Sky shipped in this state.

and this sounds really interesting, but will they deliver?

Yes and what will they deliver? I mean what does that multiplayer experience consist in exactly? How much difference from just the single player with a friend tagging along will it be? Multiplayer vehicles? special missions / places? Guess I will have to read that memo.

Right now what I would like to see is planets that are really inhabited not just by fauna but really towns and cities not just tiny colonies. But I guess that would be a different game... yet that universe feels lonely.. Maybe Multiplayer can bring along player towns?

News Comments > Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive
47. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 13:23 Spektr

Not forced to piracy but inspired to piracy maybe.
For sure, not playing a game is the furthest one can go to express their scorn towards the developers. And making the game available for piracy is not only taking it too far but also utterly useless as it will be anyway.

I was pissed at the guys who did exodus for not keeping up to their promises, I don't know about Phoenix point; if steam was announced for backers they have every reason to be pissed off. Not caring enough about the game to be pissed off though. Just know that I hate devs who don't show respect.

News Comments > WRATH: Aeon of Ruin Gets New Gameplay Video (and 3DFX Support)
3. Re: WRATH: Aeon of Ruin Gets New Gameplay Video (and 3DFX Support) Mar 9, 2019, 11:48 Spektr

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 11:34:
Actually The gameplay video we see here actually looks like it runs in software rendering.
Aye, thought the same thing. Well I dare hope it just requires to switch trilinear interpolation on.
Also noting that that the game has crouching !!!

News Comments > 3D Realms Plans QUAKE-Engine Shooter
21. Re: 3D Realms Plans QUAKE-Engine Shooter Mar 7, 2019, 05:10 Spektr

Killes wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 09:32:
Nothing rose-colored, I would gladly play a recent FPS which scratches the itches of Quake1, Blood, Doom (Doom4 came close in some aspects, but certainly not all, as usual)

Have you tried Project Warlock?

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 28, 2019, 04:21 Spektr

A charity sale with one single game above 20 dollars, not sure it's the proper scale to make that a game changer.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Feb 26, 2019, 06:37 Spektr

Steele Johnson wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 21:05:
Some of those Talk Talk songs stuck with me my whole life. Sorry to see him go. RIP

It's such a shame, RIP Mark Hollis

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 26, 2019, 06:36 Spektr

Ah but that home was rat-free and burglar-free :p  

News Comments > GOG.com Layoffs
20. Re: GOG.com Layoffs Feb 26, 2019, 06:02 Spektr

Pepe wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 21:31:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 20:46:
What the hell!?!? How are they not making more money through Gog!?

Buy your games on Gog, people! Why would you even think of buying from another service unless you had to?

I would if they would offer some recent AAA games, but they don't probably because the lack of DRM, which is all nice and sweet for 20 year old games but not so popular with publishers for new games.

Jee why do I see Cyberpunk becoming a GOG exclusive?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 05:27 Spektr

Devotion is so high in the list.... the other games have been around for ever or been promoted everywhere. First time I've heard about this one.  

News Comments > Bethesda Placeholder Countdown Video
17. Re: Bethesda Placeholder Countdown Video Feb 24, 2019, 05:59 Spektr

I wish it was Fallout 4 remastered with Fallout New Vegas style storytelling rather than Fallout New Vegas with Fallout 4 graphics.  

457 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo