Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 476 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Vote for My Friend Pedro
3. Re: Vote for My Friend Pedro Jun 21, 2019, 06:20 Spektr

A first-person side scroller? That sounded very out there but I think Blue really meant to say third person :p  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 20, 2019, 05:56 Spektr

Really? OEM licenses I spotted on Amazon were closer to 20 dollars..  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2019, 04:11 Spektr

IF Nasa says it and Pai sayt that. I tend to believe that 5G is indeed harming weather forecasts.  

News Comments > Marvel's Avengers Announced
2. Re: Marvel's Avengers Announced Jun 11, 2019, 11:34 Spektr

I wish the actors at least looked like their comic counterparts  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage
45. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 10, 2019, 12:17 Spektr

Kxmode wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 10:09:
The Jedi referred to a people who wielded the light side of the force, not a person. They were all but extinct by Luke's time. So when he defeated his father in combat, he became THE Jedi and they returned.

Either you saw a very different version of the classic trilogy that I did, or you were tripping hard on LSD.
Obiwan Kenobi and Yoda were both alive and met with Luke so the Jedi were not extinct. Return of the Jedi alludes to the return of Anakin Skywalker when he returned from the dark side.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out
1. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 10:40 Spektr

Why is every game studio so eager to advertise for FX Legion?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 7, 2019, 05:32 Spektr

I just checked out who she was. I thought she was somehow working in the videogame industry but not at all. Not sure why she feels entitled to say that. And yeah folks go to E3 to see videogames. And yeah female developers should be there alongside their male colleagues but I feel more concerned about the quality of what is presented there though. Different priorities I guess? Content vs presentation?  

News Comments > Anthem Cataclysm Public Test Server
12. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Public Test Server Jun 4, 2019, 17:37 Spektr

What a choice of word, after that cataclysmic launch  

News Comments > Railway Empire - France Released
1. Re: Railway Empire - France Released May 25, 2019, 05:44 Spektr

Apparently it's like Civilization you can add the Eiffel tower in the middle of nowhere :p  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 15, 2019, 15:55 Spektr

edaciousx wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 10:53:
Cool! Q2 was one of the best Games I played growing up. It's how I became a fan of this site and fps gaming
Me too with Quake

News Comments > Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory! Announced
4. Re: Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory! Announced Apr 11, 2019, 18:33 Spektr

OMG they are doing it  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2019, 17:57 Spektr

roguebanshee wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 12:53:
Flatline wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 12:44:
I love the absurdness of this whole topic. It's goofy and funny to see people get their economic dander up because BL3 is going to be Epic exclusive for a year and scream that this is the end of competition. It's pretty fucking funny, especially since consoles have been doing 3rd party exclusives for decades and at this point nobody cares. Somehow the PC Master Race is different.
Pretty much.

If you're not against console exclusives, there's no reason to be against the Epic Store's timed exclusives.

Well there are very good reasons. Unlike Store exclusives, there is a legitimate reason to make a console exclusive, and this is why people are not against them. Making a console port or developing a game on several platforms costs money. It requires people to actually work on it and invest money. Well more platforms also mean more income but a game is never ensured to sell well on a new platform whereas if Sony pays a game studio not to make that port it's sure money and getting paid for doing nothing is always good for a company. And they can create a new game for the platform, for the audience who buy their game instead of having to conquer new markets.
Whereas store exclusives it's just like saying you are going to sell your games at Virgin megastores or in selected video game stores at the expense of others. Of course that would be absurd because the chosen stores wouldn't be present in all cities whereas on the internet both are accessible it just requires the effort of downloading the store app. Well people are still getting pissed off and they have every right to be. And I don't think PC XBOX and Playstation and Switch have become so compatible that those platforms have just become stores.
I can tell how the Epic store can benefit to the developers I am curious to see if and how that will benefit to the customers in the long run.

News Comments > EU vs Valve and Others Over Geo-Blocking
25. Re: EU vs Valve and Others Over Geo-Blocking Apr 6, 2019, 04:59 Spektr

bigspender wrote on Apr 5, 2019, 19:22:
Seems like Valve just doesn't have as powerful lobby group in the EU as the beef/dairy industry.

Yup, probably because if you are hungry you can't eat video games. Which makes farmers more important to preserve for politicians.

News Comments > Casey Hudson on Fixing BioWare's Culture
20. Re: Casey Hudson on Fixing BioWare's Culture Apr 5, 2019, 08:15 Spektr

Yeah Management tampering. And I am not talking about Casey Hudson, I am talking the head of the food chain. Those who never a touch a video game, except maybe on their mobiles when they're pooping.  

News Comments > QuakeCon Registration Next Week
1. Re: QuakeCon Registration Next Week Apr 3, 2019, 08:40 Spektr

The Year of DOOM? Not very nice for Rage 2  

News Comments > What Happened with Anthem?
18. Re: What Happened with Anthem? Apr 3, 2019, 04:02 Spektr

Actually if someone had pitched me the game like you are a team of guys wearing suits of body armor that allow you to fly and fighting aliens on another planet, I would have probably thought that could potentially be good although not the idea of the century. But actually I saw the first trailer and I thought there was nothing inspiring in it. I don't know if it is that I am not a big fan of third person games. the idea of playing a character spending his/her whole time in a suit of body armor didn't feel super exciting either. The characters just looked like deshumanized big robots I can't relate to. Sad that that didn't do. I remember the days of Baldur's Gate Neverwinter nights Kotor and Mass Effect. Bioware was a name that meant something back in these days.  

News Comments > Ash Williams Joining Dead by Daylight Next week
3. Re: Ash Williams Joining Dead by Daylight Next week Mar 29, 2019, 16:35 Spektr

Well he's got an evil double called Ashy Slashy  

News Comments > Borderlands: GotY Edition and Borderlands 2 4K Textures Next Week
4. Re: Borderlands: GotY Edition and Borderlands 2 4K Textures Next Week Mar 29, 2019, 06:35 Spektr

GOTY Edition? What year is this? Did I time travel in my sleep?  

News Comments > ABYA Streaming Game Service Announced
2. Re: ABYA Streaming Game Service Announced Mar 26, 2019, 14:59 Spektr

I wonder what Microsoft thinks of all this.
If this kind of technology goes mainstream, people will be able to play all games on their Linux computer. Ok the companies offering the service will still have to run their games on Window but they will have a lot of weight on game companies to make them deliver their games on the Linux platform to reduce costs.

News Comments > GDC Award Winners
1. Re: GDC Award Winners Mar 21, 2019, 11:12 Spektr

Interesting that of all games i bought this year, I don't own any of these.
I wonder which of these I should try out.. Apart from the obvious console elephant in the room.

476 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo