Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 414 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll
19. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 21:25 Spektr

What I want? First thing first, I don't want "PC gaming" to be handled by "Team Xbox", come back when that matter is sorted.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 19, 2019, 08:55 Spektr

So "The first" was an ominous title...  

News Comments > Rumor Update: Star Wars Cancellation Was for Smaller Game
2. Re: Rumor Update: Star Wars Cancellation Was for Smaller Game Jan 16, 2019, 11:17 Spektr

The smaller project will involve only one planet, will be a survival game which require you to find food and craft tools and weapons. It won't have quests and NPCS and will be called Star wars 76.  

News Comments > Can You Actually See Ray Tracing?
24. Re: Can You Actually See Ray Tracing? Jan 16, 2019, 09:03 Spektr

Back in the days when Quake was released, all the noobs were crying that Duke Nukem looked better than it because the Quake characters were super blocky. They just didn't have any clue that Quake was a true 3d game while Duke Nukem was really just an advanced 2d game. Who was right? The ones who could tell the change of paradigm or the kids who thought Duke Nukem was cooler and looked prettier? Both games are retro vintage games nowadays but a game like Quake ushered in an era of 3d games and internet multiplayer games and Duke Nukem lives on in the lovely memories of the players. Today, Raycasting is a new change of paradigm. Whether it will be the RTX or another generation. It's coming for sure and it will eventually take over. The question is when. And whether you can see it or not is really a matter of the developpers really skilled at "hiding sharp angles". They are making the most out of Screenspace reflections. But as someone who's dabbled in game development on an amateur level I can tell you one thing, those reflections suck and they limit creators in that they need to take time to hide their limitations. If Raycasting become commonplace, there is a lot of time spent coding and designs reflections, but also light and shadows that will be spent focusing on other stuff. Raycasting means levels and game can be designed differently but that is not the kind of thing you can see on a game that makes it an optional feature. Yeah you could compare it to Physx and their torn clothes feature, well that's different. Physx is a proprietary tech and Raycasting is a technique that has been around for decades and that doesn't belong to nVidia. It is bound to be accessible on all kinds of hardware.  

News Comments > Can You Actually See Ray Tracing?
8. Re: Can You Actually See Ray Tracing? Jan 15, 2019, 12:33 Spektr

I didn't even know that they were using raytracing for lighting and shadow  

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Leaving Early Access This Month
2. Re: PC Building Simulator Leaving Early Access This Month Jan 11, 2019, 03:46 Spektr

is it possible to run a pc building simulator in the pcs we build?

News Comments > More on the Star Control Legal Battle
13. Re: More on the Star Control Legal Battle Jan 5, 2019, 05:11 Spektr

Was still available on Humble Bundle too  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 4, 2019, 13:02 Spektr

Musk 2020.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts 2 Speculation Shot Down
1. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts 2 Speculation Shot Down Jan 3, 2019, 04:52 Spektr

hehe nothing beats a tease that is confused with another game. That's a good sign guys :p  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2018, 07:15 Spektr

yeah and I sometimes if the USA have too many lawyers and attorneys. I mean here tribunals are so busy, people would get really pissed if someone started such a lawsuit.  

News Comments > From Software Working on Two Unannounced Games
5. Re: From Software Working on Two Unannounced Games Dec 29, 2018, 06:01 Spektr

Anyone has a clue why they are using float numbers to refer to their development lines that increment with a 0.5 value and start at 2.5?  

News Comments > Essay Required to Unban Fallout 76 Cheaters?
29. Re: Essay Required to Unban Fallout 76 Cheaters? Dec 27, 2018, 08:15 Spektr

Or require an essay from developers to write down what they are going to achieve.. oh wait :p  

News Comments > Fallout Classic Collection Free for Fallout 76 Players
26. Re: Fallout Classic Collection Free for Fallout 76 Players Dec 25, 2018, 13:04 Spektr

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 10:16:
I would add another design motto which seems to be all the rage with AAA publishers these days. Especially Bethesda. "What can we cut, what is superflous" or in a word "streamlining".

If you look at the (de)volution of Bethesda games since Morrowind, there has been more and more of that in each and every game they have released since. Even the critically praised Skyrim suffered from it.

Thank the Gods there are still studios like CDPR out there that buck this trend and actually care about gaming quality over production values.
Aye I (almost) totally agree with what you said, I would just replace "Morrowind" with "Daggerfall"

News Comments > On ATLAS Delays
17. Re: On ATLAS Delays Dec 23, 2018, 08:34 Spektr

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 23, 2018, 02:36:
I never understood whats so great about ARK. Its DayZ with dinosaurs that look like reskinned EverQuest models.

Well it's a bit more than that, both Dark and Light and Conan exiles derive their gameplay from Ark's

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 2, 2018, 06:11 Spektr

Why is this ban "silly, hopefully nonserious", Starbucks coffee is overpriced unhealtny crap. Is there a reason to have it at work when you have the choice to bring whatever you want
Anyway everyone is using nespresso capsules these days. Very overpriced, unhealthy and unecological but at least it's good coffee.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 30, 2018, 13:15 Spektr

The next Daredevil will have a hard time living up to it. That one set the bar very high.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2018, 13:34 Spektr

"Ronald Reagan LSD probe bigger than you think, 14 nuke sailors snagged"

Wow, I thought I was already high on LSD while trying to make sense out of that title lol (The ultimate clickbait: A title so confusing you had to click to get what they are talking about. But I am glad to hear Reagan is not actually involved in that sordid affairs)

News Comments > Get Destiny 2 for Free
32. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 4, 2018, 12:12 Spektr

MattyC wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 13:11:
It should show up under gifts and you should have notification.

claim it as a gift through their Battle.net account.

Destiny 2 will be free to claim and download

You don't need to go to the store and try to buy it.

Ok thank you, I'll give it a try.

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 3, 2018, 14:39 Spektr

Kajetan wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 14:11:
Beth made it better.

This and the fact that Skyrim, if a bit disappointing for long-time fans, wasn't the disaster that was the Diablo 3 launch.

News Comments > Get Destiny 2 for Free
26. Re: Get Destiny 2 for Free Nov 3, 2018, 10:47 Spektr

Turd Ferguson wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 10:30:
Just log into your BattleNet, get it from there.

Actually I just did that. They just announce the standard price and when clicking on buy game I arrive on page with "game cannot be purchased at the moment". What a mess! Whatever, I don't really need to play this game anyway, even for free. Got a whole list of games waiting to be played on Steam and GOG already...

414 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo