Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2016, 10:30 Spektr

Actually looking for Quake mods is what kicked my interest for surfing the web .. and incidentally took me to this here website.. something like about twenty years ago...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2016, 14:11 Spektr

The battle of Winterfell... it's not enough that the guys feel compelled to spoil their own series. Blue had to link it..  

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
22. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 12:58 Spektr

Jee back in the days a demo wasn't time limited. How did this world become so crappy?  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Jun 11, 2016, 08:05 Spektr

hmm wondering about the point of releasing a trailer and at the same time warning people not to watch it because there might be spoilers.  

News Comments > DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan
27. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 13:36 Spektr

When did the gamers became so illiterate? Or is just what the journalists think we are? Or maybe the journalist is?
I mean Vulkan, an API etc. Everyone knows it's bloody OpenGL!!!!!

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 5, 2016, 04:51 Spektr

I guess that guy knows moray eels are venomous right?  

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
17. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 17:56 Spektr

Creston wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 17:38:
I wonder if Adrian's passport also says

Adrian Carmack (no relation to John Carmack)

Lol I was wondering if they'd repeat that next to every photo of him.
I am curious to see his art without a id tech engine. I always thought what made the id software games so special was his art more than the tech.

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
16. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 17:54 Spektr

I will quote Fox Mulder on this: "I want to believe"  

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 23, 2016, 05:53 Spektr

I wonder if SnapMap will let designers make weapons pickable again?
Would be nice to have a freeform / classic mode with no level up and pickable equipment.

News Comments > Meridian: Squad 22 Early Access Next Month
3. Re: Meridian: Squad 22 Early Access Next Month Apr 19, 2016, 18:34 Spektr

Me too.. kinda surprised a video game is allowed to use the same name as another existing and non-related video game, even if developer is now a defunct company. I think it was revived recently. It was the first 3d MMORPG! Them younguns have no respect!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
45. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 19:18 Spektr

rudra wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 17:02:
apparently you just arent intelligent enough to understand the difference between Star Citizen and Mass Effect - most notably, the entirely different technology involved, but also the massive corporate infrastructure at EA vs none of it at CIG

Did you forget to take your pills again?

I will try to understand your thinking. Andromeda and Star Citizen are different games made by different people working for different companies and as such they are completely different and so, people should be forbidden to compare them or be subjected to spitting on their face in public?

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
44. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 19:08 Spektr

Howling with the wolves heh?

I haven't been followed this case closely but I have heard the uproar that it's been creating. I don't know the guy but I thought his Wing commander series was respected.

I have mixed feelings about this because on one side he's surfing on the trend of releasing/selling unfinished versions of games, - whether they are early access or pre-release sales - both I find a tad problematic already, and on top of that keeps selling exclusive stuff. Which I find very very problematic already when it's in a game that has already been released.

At the same time that ranting and whining about an unreleased game is starting to get old. Thing is when you crowdfund your game you have people to answer to but generally speaking i would hate to be told how to do my job by folks who have no clue about game development.
It's bit like obeying a manager that has no clue about computer stuff.
This said, it seems that the more vocal people were not involved in funding that game so my guess is that the guy doesn't get a shit.

At the same he puts himself in this situation by using crowdfunding...

Can't really decide what to think of this. Truth is I probably don't give a fick.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Apr 18, 2016, 04:09 Spektr

I tried to figure out what you're trying to say. That doesnt seem to make much sense.

Eirikrautha wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 12:19:
So, after Alex St. John attempts to restore some sanity to this argument, GamesBeat puts a rebuttal of St. John from the founder of Vambleer right underneath. Ismail is the author of quite a bit of shovelware from a two-man studio. Basically, Ismail works at exactly the sort of indie creative company that St. John says is the most "healthy" for the complainers (and experiences none of the industry issues that come from working at a large firm), and yet he wants to attack St. John for the message!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Vambleer is at the forefront of the "I'm a victim, you're a victim" parade. So it makes sense they would be all up in the "this industry isn't fair!" whining. You're right it isn't fair! Try getting press or work and not being a part of the indie in-crowd, Rami. Oh, wait, that hits a little too close to home...

News Comments > Democracy 3: Africa Released
3. Re: Democracy 3: Africa Released Apr 13, 2016, 06:42 Spektr

that's called an oxymoron :p  

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2016, 13:45 Spektr

I don't really see the point of wanting to play console games on the PC. You can do that on console for cheaper. This said console type games on PC is not really the issue if PC gamers are not getting deprived of the games they enjoy.  

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2016, 13:40 Spektr

Never realized computer noobs had a voice on Ars technica :p  

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
98. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 5, 2016, 06:44 Spektr

Bah who installed Windows 10 anyway? Isn't that ridiculous OS a failure already?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 2, 2016, 16:59 Spektr

Nah don't worry.. he was probably downloading his own songs anyway...  

News Comments > Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY
16. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 19, 2016, 12:58 Spektr

my vote would go for W3 too.
But the guys who vote are mostly American so it's better to support the local economy...

News Comments > Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY
4. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 19, 2016, 10:53 Spektr

I am actually not enjoying Fallout so much. My mistake for playing new Vegas just months before Fallout 4 came out I guess. Hard to say how uninterested I was in the story of the game.. I spend a lot of time playing games with no story but it doesn't bother me. I guess my expectations are more important with games that are meant to be role playing games.  

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo