User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

28 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Microtransactions Revealed and Launch Trailer Released
Oct 3, 2019, 03:36
Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Microtransactions Revealed and Launch Trailer Released Oct 3, 2019, 03:36
Oct 3, 2019, 03:36

Are mtx necessary to enjoy the game? No? Then I am fine with that.

If people want to buy skill points and weapons instead of earning them through game play that is no issue for me. For all I care they could make a mtx that said they completed the game and rolled the credits for them. I'm sure some would buy. Not to mention a mtx that filled all achievements. They could probably charge 1000 bucks for that.

Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA
Oct 3, 2019, 03:26
Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 03:26
Oct 3, 2019, 03:26

Great offer in my opinion.

I have not been very active on Origin these last few years since my kind of games tend to be on other platforms, but there are some I would like to try just to make up my mind about them.

Anthem and they are billions are games I would never buy myself, but if they are free I am happy to give them a chance. Also battlefield V, but I don't have high hopes.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst could be fun.

Which games would you recommend?

Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3
Sep 24, 2019, 05:28
Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 24, 2019, 05:28
Sep 24, 2019, 05:28

Btw: I'd like to clear up some misconceptions, (including my own).

2k is the label publishing BL, not the company that owns the label. That company is Take Two.

That means when they talk about records and revenue for the label they do not include all games under take two. The best examples are the GTA and RDR franchises which are published under the label Rockstar Games, not 2k.

Which again means that the first franchise to achieve billion-dollar revenues must be another 2k-franchise. I would guess the civ-series, or possibly nba2k.

Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3
Sep 24, 2019, 03:23
Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 24, 2019, 03:23
Sep 24, 2019, 03:23

A lot of people in this thread seem to think Gearbox / Epic / Take2 are lying. I can partly understand mistrust of Gearbox and Epic, which are privately held companies, but Take2 is a publicly traded company which discloses financial information on a quarterly basis, and they can't get away with lying.

I don't know exactly when they will release their next report, which will be for jul-aug-sep and thus include the launch of BL3, but I expect November. In it you will be able to see total revenues and use those numbers to verify or falsify claims.

Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?
Sep 21, 2019, 11:01
Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+? Sep 21, 2019, 11:01
Sep 21, 2019, 11:01

Icewind wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 03:14:
Can't wait for Metro Exodus this upcoming February.

Metro Exodus is available on Xbox Game Pass for PC (quite a mouthfull) which is in beta currently and only costs 4 USD per month. Quite a few games included, also Gears 5. Worth a couple of months in my opinion even though I didn't end up liking Gears.

Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta Improvements
Sep 21, 2019, 10:56
Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta Improvements Sep 21, 2019, 10:56
Sep 21, 2019, 10:56

I kind of got used to the movement, but I guess crisping it up a little can only be good. I am more excited about the upcoming changes to weapon audio. Weapons sounds are too low in my opinion.

I really liked the closed beta, though. Not preordering at the current time, but it is a game on my radar for sure. Maybe I will test uplay a month and see how far I can get.

Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
Sep 21, 2019, 10:50
Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 21, 2019, 10:50
Sep 21, 2019, 10:50

SabreT wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 10:45:
Wish all the uniformed parrots thinking that Fortnite is Epic's main source of revenue would just shut up. Do a bit of research yourself ffs.

I am aware that Epic have other revenue streams, but it is news to me that Fortnite is not the main one. Do you have any more information? I found this https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/fortnite-earned-annual-revenue-game-history-2018/ but it is not current.

Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?
Sep 21, 2019, 10:45
Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+? Sep 21, 2019, 10:45
Sep 21, 2019, 10:45

A "market analyst" should know this, but there are a number of alternatives to this being an "exclusivity lump sum" that are a lot more realistic.

Most likely this is a milestone payment that will be shortened against future sales (or preorders existing at that time). Obviously Epic is giving something for the exclusivity, but 10M EUR makes little sense. Prepayment for sales, a guaranteed minimum number of copies sold and preferential treatment for a while is much more likely than a huge lump sum.

I'm not saying Epic couldn't afford it, but it just makes zero sense.

Btw, this isn't just me guessing, it has been reported before that Epic has guaranteed sales numbers in return for exclusivity (for ooblets and phoenix point).

This concept makes more sense for Epic, because if they can help the game succeed they end up not actually paying that much for the exclusivity. It also makes sense for the developer since they also have incentive to make the game succeed, which a lump sum payment would not really contribute to even if it pays the bills.
28 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older